Kobe Bryant and others Dead in Helicopter crash

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No he was what you call being machismo thinking he could do anything with people's lives on the line. He was way too low and instead of saying that the trip was not doable at that time and putting that copter down he tried to guess his way through the flight....BIG NO NO
Random thought...This is the main reason why I always thank the bus driver every morning when I get off that bus. No matter what, I know he has my live in his hands and a simple Thank You goes along way.

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
I really hate to be "that guy"
And I really hate to go there, but.....
Do any of you guys think that the pilot possibly crashed the chopper on purpose?
Or if not that, maybe he had some kind of medical issue, heart attack, or something?
Again, I really hate to be "that guy"
But after reading that article, his actions seem to be extremely strange
Why was he going that fast? Etc, Etc

:sad::sad::sad:
They been saying since the crash it was fucked up weather :dunno:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Random thought...This is the main reason why I always thank the bus driver every morning when I get off that bus. No matter what, I know he has my live in his hands and a simple Thank You goes along way.

Agreed. Especially when they are transporting many people for hours on end. Out of town there's a 1-hour bus ride to the ferry after visiting some family & relatives. Always make sure to shout out "thanks" to the driver when departing. You always get a "you got it" or thumbs up in response. Usually it's a double-decker bus too.

:cheers: :thumbsup:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Do any of you guys think that the pilot possibly crashed the chopper on purpose?
Or if not that, maybe he had some kind of medical issue, heart attack, or something?

I think he completely misjudged the terrain. However, considering he had just narrowly missed a mountain a few minutes before, I'm shocked he didnt slow down. Pilots say "get-there-itis" is deadly af man.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

It's crazy. A few errors being reported. First, going up in that weather to begin with. Next, the speed they were traveling. Why rush in the fog when you already having issues? Last, was that they said he should have went above the fog instead of below it.

Those seem to be a lot of errors for a seasoned pilot. Other pilots are just making it seem like none of this should have fucking happened. I'm wondering if the pilot was hungover from partying Saturday night. Mistake after fucking mistake it seems. :smh:

Tragedy seems so fucking avoidable given that even the police grounded their helicopters.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
You gotta love every journalist defending that chick from the Washington Post. It's like people don't have no decency at all....Kobe just died a horrible death yet you got folks bringing up his rape allegation hours after the crash.

I want these same journalists keep the same energy when someone like Woody Allen, racist ass Bill Clinton and etc dies.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You gotta love every journalist defending that chick from the Washington Post. It's like people don't have no decency at all....Kobe just died a horrible death yet you got folks bringing up his rape allegation hours after the crash.
An allegation with no conviction and which charges were dropped. Yet they feel it necessary to drop that "sexual assault" line at every chance they get. The cac is a very crass animal.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
An allegation with no conviction and which charges were dropped. Yet they feel it necessary to drop that "sexual assault" line at every chance they get. The cac is a very crass animal.

I watched some shit on CNN and they were going to break to end the segment and bitch ass Bob Costas actually jumped in last second just to bring that shit up before they ended the segment...almost like ...hold up.. we forgot to mention the rape shit!!!

literally, the other lead journalist was doing her closing statement and he was like "if I may quickly interrupt..it's just important to say Kobe was also a flawed man and he did have the sexual assault case"... like the shit didnt even flow with the segment..almost like the control center was in his ear like "Bob... you gotta mention the rape shit!"

Last edited:

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I want these same journalists keep the same energy when someone like Woody Allen, racist ass Bill Clinton and etc dies.

Well damn..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

a MUST listen

wonderful interview

about him as a man a father and for women's sports

especially for those trying to push a certain agenda​

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Respectfully, who is the home team for the Lakers/Clippers game tomorrow night?

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
I read an article earlier on the pilot and all accounts are this guy was top notch, best of the best. He has been a pilot over 13 years, 11 years as an instructor, and also taught in the classroom. They also said that he was "instrument rated," meaning he could fly in fog/low visibility using only the instruments in the chopper. There were also accounts that he was very attentive to Kobe and his family, which leads you to believe that he'd flown Kobe numerous times before. Also, the helicopter that they were in, Kobe had flown in it countless times. It wasn't his branded one, but one that he and his family had been in before.

I'm heading to a meeting but if I find the article I'll post it.
Here's the article if anyone wants to read it....

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
oldcover.jpg

I had to bring this one up. As a fellow Columbia, SC native, this was a special draft. Kobe and Jermaine (6"9 is what we called him in Columbia) coming straight out of high school into the NBA. Ray Allen, another SC native, went to the league also. Charlotte (45 minutes from Columbia) drafting and then trading Kobe. This was a special draft for me in many ways.

I was in Brunswick Bowling Alley on draft night. Jermaine walked in and owned the place. He already had his Trailblazer Jersey on...we knew each other in passing around town here and there.

He also broke our rim the one time they played us. I went to Dutch Fork/Irmo.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor