Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
http://www.podbay.fm/show/1073542596

http://www.ruttenandranallo.com/

https://twitter.com/rutten_ranallo

http://podbay.fm/show/1073542596/e/1465555842?autostart=1

23: Kimbo Slice & Muhammad Ali Tribute

Bas Rutten & Mauro Ranallo pay tribute to two great men the MMA world recently lost in this special episode. Mike Imber, lifelong friend and career manager of Kimbo Slice, joins us to honor the man he considers his brother. We remember Kevin Ferguson - the husband, the father, the best friend. We discuss Kimbo’s career as an MMA fighter, from backyards brawls to the UFC, and hear memories about the man that Mike managed, Bas trained, and Mauro called fights. Steve Farhood returns to discuss the passing of boxing legend Muhammad Ali. Steve tells the story of an American protagonist who gained the admiration, respect and sympathy of the entire world. We remember Ali, the flawed human being who ultimately came to represent religious tolerance, love and peace.

480x270_82887.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Good to see Kimbo's death wasn't dismissed as a passing thought.

Yes - especially with the major health complications with his opponent Dada 5000 in the first quarter of 2016. He nearly lost his life post-event and was hospitalized for quite some time. Imagine what a first half of the year it would have been for Bellator with the tragedies ...

- Dada 5000 ... had he passed in February
- Jordan Parsons after the injuries sustained in the hit & run in early-May
- Kimbo Slice in early-June

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I remember I use to download his blurry backyard fights from limewire back in the day, dude was one of the first internet celebrities.

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
Conspiracy theorist are saying Slice died because of Illuminati Sacrifice. He died 06/06/2016 =666
666 represents the mark of the beast.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Yeah fam' - Limewire, Kazaa Lite, Youtube, Sublime Directory (his fam' Icey Mike from Reality Kings, etc).

I did too! I was like who would fight this dude? He looks like a damn animal but he was straight putting dudes to sleep! He wasn't overly aggressive though and had good discipline, dap dudes up and keep it moving. But his heart? Man, was it roids?:confused:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I did too! I was like who would fight this dude? He looks like a damn animal but he was straight putting dudes to sleep! He wasn't overly aggressive though and had good discipline, dap dudes up and keep it moving. But his heart? Man, was it roids?:confused:

His friend and one of the coaches there at ATT (Mike Brown - former WEC champ, and retired UFC fighter) was saying in an interview he wasn't feeling well in the weeks leading up to his passing. Hadn't seen him around the gym as much, but had he been healthy he would have been preparing for the mid-July bout in the UK.

As for

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimbo_Slice#Death

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimbo_Slice#Bellator_MMA

On June 6, 2016, Slice was admitted to a hospital near his home in Coral Springs, Florida.[64] He died a short time later of heart failure, after a mass on his liver was also diagnosed, and three days after the death of Boxer Muhammad Ali.[65] Scott Coker, CEO of Bellator MMA, said in a statement: "We are all shocked and saddened by the devastating and untimely loss of Kimbo Slice, a beloved member of the Bellator family."[66]

On January 16, 2015, nearly five years since his last MMA fight, Bellator MMA announced that Slice had signed a multi-fight deal.[4] He defeated Ken Shamrock by first-round TKO in his June 19 debut at Bellator 138.[44] Some observers noted the fight appeared to be fixed, like a professional wrestling match.[45][46] Bellator commentator Jimmy Smith accredited the fight looking as it did to Shamrock's lack of technique and durability, and said if it was fixed, Bellator wasn't in on the deal.[47]

On February 19, 2016, at Bellator 149, Slice faced Dada 5000. The duo had a big rivalry between them due to their old street fight legacies they had in Perrine, Florida. After a back and forth fight, Slice won the fight via TKO when Dada collapsed from apparent exhaustion in the third round.[48] Following the bout it was reported that Slice had failed his pre-fight drug test. Lab results found traces of the anabolic steroid nandrolone. He was also found to have an elevated testosterone/epitestosterone (T/E) ratio of 6.4:1, which is above the maximum allowed limit of 4:1. On May 2, 2016, it was revealed that Slice had settled with the Texas Athletic Commission with a fine of $2,500 and a revoking of his license in the state of Texas. The result of the bout has also been changed to a no contest.[49] Despite being widely panned by critics, the fight attracted approximately 2.5 million viewing households, breaking the Bellator record of 2.4 million, set by Kimbo vs Shamrock.[50]

In April 2016, Bellator President Scott Coker announced on ESPN’s SportsCenter that Slice would have a rematch against James Thompson in the main event of Bellator 158, which would take place on July 16, 2016 at London’s O2 Arena.[51] Slice died before this fight could happen.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
I didn't see this as a sticky anymore...shouldn't it be moved to the celebrity RIP forum then?

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's gonna come out that he was using steroids or some other illegal substances. Just watch. Kimbo was doing good man. He went from street fighting to MMA to boxing back to MMA. He also did movies. He should have some money in the stash for the family. Hopefully his son will carry on the legacy and take care of the fam.
I would not be surprised if his organs are missing. That is something else to fight street fights and then end up doing the things he did. One video I was watching said he was homeless from a storm. I wonder if when he lost his home and job did he decide to fight street fights to get back on his feet? They should make a movie about him. But it should be a black film maker that will dig into the case boldly.