Kia Boys: major crime wave of car thefts (Kia & Hyundai)

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Recently went back home to the Midwest to spend time with family. One of the first things my old man asked me about was if I heard of the Kia Boys and thefts of Kia’s and Hyundais. Told him never heard of it and he was stunned. In my hometown alone, they knew of 800 stolen cars associated with “trend.” Turns out I had some aunts and uncles with their cars stolen recently.

Because I get news from BGOL and since I didn’t see anything about with a quick search, I thought it needed to be posted. Look into it. I’m sure some of y’all know about this.

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They are stealing them left and right where I am in Columbus, Ohio. Thing is, these are minors (from like 9 or 10 to 15 or so) and all reports indicate that these bad-ass kids are getting arrested then released to their parents within days, even hours on occasion. Some of the kids have been arrested dozens of times for this- and they just get sent home.

I saw a video where the cops got word of a stolen Kia parked at a gas station. 50 arrived and blocked the car in, and them little bad motherfuckers rammed the cop car (and tore up the civilian car next to it) trying to escape- which they did not. As the cops were pulling this lil 14 year old out of the car, he says to the camera; "I'll be out by tomorrow". :angry::angry::angry:

I don't think shit is going to change until kia does something about it- (right now, they just telling owners to get a "club" style locking device) these little hoodlums suffer some kind of consequences ( jail, juvie or getting their little asses beat) or they start going after the parents.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
I don't even know what to say. I hate thieves and I'd gladly cap them fuckers on sight. But these are kids and kids make mistakes...sometimes. Sometimes they're just rotten. Of course the parents are to blame most of the time. When one of these little bastards gets smoked watch the tears start to flow for "the good boy who never did nothing wrong."

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Recently went back home to the Midwest to spend time with family. One of the first things my old man asked me about was if I heard of the Kia Boys and thefts of Kia’s and Hyundais. Told him never heard of it and he was stunned. In my hometown alone, they knew of 800 stolen cars associated with “trend.” Turns out I had some aunts and uncles with their cars stolen recently.

Because I get news from BGOL and since I didn’t see anything about with a quick search, I thought it needed to be posted. Look into it. I’m sure some of y’all know about this.

Yea they stealing em here in the D just for shits and giggles
They are stealing them left and right where I am in Columbus, Ohio. Thing is, these are minors (from like 9 or 10 to 15 or so) and all reports indicate that these bad-ass kids are getting arrested then released to their parents within days, even hours on occasion. Some of the kids have been arrested dozens of times for this- and they just get sent home.

I saw a video where the cops got word of a stolen Kia parked at a gas station. 50 arrived and blocked the car in, and them little bad motherfuckers rammed the cop car (and tore up the civilian car next to it) trying to escape- which they did not. As the cops were pulling this lil 14 year old out of the car, he says to the camera; "I'll be out by tomorrow". :angry::angry::angry:

I don't think shit is going to change until kia does something about it- (right now, they just telling owners to get a "club" style locking device) these little hoodlums suffer some kind of consequences ( jail, juvie or getting their little asses beat) or they start going after the parents.

Anyone know if this steering column trick works on Genesis vehicles?
Or if this just with Kia and Hyundai?
My parents just bought a new Genesis SUV

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i seen this on nbc nightly news like 2 weeks ago. these kids need some ass whoopings and they parents let em stay in jail or do community service over the weekend. if i rememember kia/hyundai said this was fixed in the 2020/21 model cars.

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anyone know if this steering column trick works on Genesis vehicles?
Or if this just with Kia and Hyundai?
My parents just bought a new Genesis SUV

I’ve only heard about through Kia and Hyundai. Real talk, wouldn’t be surprised if some members on the board can go into deeper details about this and other types of cars but probably aren’t trying to say anything for fear of being traced or liable to something.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I’ve only heard about through Kia and Hyundai. Real talk, wouldn’t be surprised if some members on the board can go into deeper details about this and other types of cars but probably aren’t trying to say anything for fear of being traced or liable to something.

Okay, yeah good point

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Yeah I have an ole ass Hyundai and my brother bought me a club for my car several weeks back because of this. I've never owned a club for any of my cars. It seems silly when it's on its last legs, but here we are.

Dats whats up! Most of them taking something quick n easy.. they see the club.. nope move on to the next car! The company changed some things in the newer ones...

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't even know what to say. I hate thieves and I'd gladly cap them fuckers on sight. But these are kids and kids make mistakes...sometimes. Sometimes they're just rotten. Of course the parents are to blame most of the time. When one of these little bastards gets smoked watch the tears start to flow for "the good boy who never did nothing wrong."
Wait! What????

Fuck the kids. Fuck all that “too young to try as an adult” shit. Fuck em. To many people a Kia is a nice ass car to them. All they got! Put all the money they had down on it only for some fuck nut to bust the window and destroy the steering column for FUN. FUCK-that-KID! Niggas need to watch New Jersey Drive. Knowing how to break into a car and steal it isn’t a MISTAKE.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My homegirl had her Soul stolen a few weeks ago. Got it back earlier this week...:smh: Probably some kids looking to joyride and they fucked that car all to hell. Worst part is she says her insurance won't cover the damage done to it. It's like they tried to fuck it up on purpose. I can't stand a thief man. Single mother just trying to make it. She did NOT need this to happen to her...

hajjibear

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Got me last week in front of my house. I think I just missed them taking it. My neighbor said on her ring my car was there at 11:00 and I took my dogs out at 11:20 and it was gone. I was thinking I must have moved my car because it's old and why would anyone want to take it. They found it the next day but when I went to pick it up they took out everything from the muffler to the front of the car. I think the tow yard did it because the police said it was no damage done to the car. The driver side handle was broken, engine cover was in the front seat, and ignition was all fucked up from whatevwr thwy used to start it. Had that fucking car for 11 years and it was still running good. Now I have to find a car that is equivalent to that one so I don't have any payments. Insurance will cover it.

husband73

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My homegirl had her Soul stolen a few weeks ago. Got it back earlier this week...:smh: Probably some kids looking to joyride and they fucked that car all to hell. Worst part is she says her insurance won't cover the damage done to it. It's like they tried to fuck it up on purpose. I can't stand a thief man. Single mother just trying to make it. She did NOT need this to happen to her...
What’s her insurance so we can find out to see if WE need to drop them