Kia Boys: major crime wave of car thefts (Kia & Hyundai)

hajjibear

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I have an ole ass Hyundai and my brother bought me a club for my car several weeks back because of this. I've never owned a club for any of my cars. It seems silly when it's on its last legs, but here we are.
My daughter has a KIA and they recommended we get a club. I was going to get one for my Hyundai but it coat more to repair it than what it's worth.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Them skinny agile punks will steal the car with the club still on....I had a club but I have no clue as to where it is.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Dats whats up! Most of them taking something quick n easy.. they see the club.. nope move on to the next car! The company changed some things in the newer ones...

Agreed. Have had a club for just over 20 yrs and still use it out of habit. Takes less than 5 seconds to put on and is a visual deterrent. I leave anything important in the trunk that locks from the outside. Haven’t had any issues at home, but some sketchy folks near work smashing windows and robbing people over the years. They didn’t break my windows but left my car unlocked or door and glovebox open, etc. There is nothing inside my car. Most frustrating time they left the passenger door open throughout overnight during a rainstorm. Car interior soaked in AM. Don’t have a car alarm. Have always driven older cars. Nothing fancy. The club has served its purpose. I always try to park near the streetlights too.

Like I was saying in the catalytic converter thread(s), 3 of my dad’s close friends have had their cat convs stolen in the past 2 yrs. including a friend of his who was battling throat cancer who has since passed in recent months. They got his off the family minivan.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Like I was saying in the catalytic converter thread(s), 3 of my dad’s close friends have had their cat convs stolen in the past 2 yrs. including a friend of his who was battling throat cancer who has since passed in recent months. They got his off the family minivan

Wow!!
A coworker of mines has a toyota Sequoia and he was gonna have work done at pep boys and his truck sat overnight there and they came through and took both of his plus some sensors that were connected..

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Wow!!
A coworker of mines has a toyota Sequoia and he was gonna have work done at pep boys and his truck sat overnight there and they came through and took both of his plus some sensors that were connected..

Damn. Cold-blooded. My dad’s friend a few blocks over ... dad said they should probably look into a Ring doorbell camera. I said the problem with their place is they have too much privacy (of all things). Houses on their side of the street are lower than the front road. They have about 12 - 15 stairs down to front lawn and huge hedges out on front street. Front of the house looks nice and secure, but you can’t see any cars out there. The thieves can work at ease so long as they have a lookout man. Ring doorbell wouldn’t help unless they were using those from quite a distance away across the street. Pops doesn’t have home security but he has those signs / stickers from the 80s or 90s saying this home is protected by ADT or some shit. Pops is frugal and leaves the lights on timers and AM talk radio on in the kitchen when he’s out of the house or at his gf’s place getting some old people action, lol.

:roflmao3:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Eminem looking cracker trying to be hip n cool.... he's all good till a few of them get arrested with the help of his YouTube stunting interviewing them
:lol:

Yeah I have an ole ass Hyundai and my brother bought me a club for my car several weeks back because of this. I've never owned a club for any of my cars. It seems silly when it's on its last legs, but here we are.
Wait'll you find out that a club will last about 7 seconds in theft prevention..... the club could be made out of diamonds...... all they do is use a small Jewlers/hack saw to cut the steering wheel.... then through the club out the window onto the ground and proceed
sidebar: I thought that everyone was hip to this.... I've known it for like 25 years

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
$500

Hyundai has an updated security system that YOU the car owner has to pay $500.

Kia, has no such system, still says to buy a club wheel lock

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
$500

Hyundai has an updated security system that YOU the car owner has to pay $500.

Kia, has no such system, still says to buy a club wheel lock

They have a flaw and expect the consumer to pay for their fuck up..pretty interesting concept.. they should be forced to give that away for free being that it’s their system failure that is allowing this

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
We have had three abandoned in my neighborhood at the beginning of summer but, that came to a quick end cause they got caught due to damn near everyone have some type of security camera or ring device 5 teen girls and a 13 year old boys :smh:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I was about to roll to the store earlier today. I walked to where my car was, and thought I parked somewhere else. But I remembered parked behind a orange Hyundai. I was like fuuuuck. I stay at apartment complex btw
There was no glass on the ground. So I think they probably had a scanner and got my key fob frequency. Which is strange because I just started bringing it out the apartment. I had an issue with my car starting with the back up key. Which I've been using the past three years.

Oh shit fam, sorry to hear about that :oops:
First thing, most apartment complexes have cameras near the office
Usually the main office has a camera on top of the building
Maybe it caught the perps

Or try walking around the complex
To see if any neighbors have one of those "Ring doorbell" cams
I know since its an apartment & not a houseing complex...most will not have cams
But maybe you might get lucky :dunno:
Hopefully you'll get your ride back in one piece

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Oh shit fam, sorry to hear about that :oops:
First thing, most apartment complexes have cameras near the office
Usually the main office has a camera on top of the building
Maybe it caught the perps

Or try walking around the complex
To see if any neighbors have one of those "Ring doorbell" cams
I know since its an apartment & not a houseing complex...most will not have cams
But maybe you might get lucky :dunno:
Hopefully you'll get your ride back in one piece
My apartment complex doesn't have that shit. There's other things that has transpired. That got me thinking it's time to bounce.

Yeah there has been more and more scetchy shit going on more than normal around here. Like the vibe is way off.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sorry I hear bro.

Yeah my coworker got her car broken in and she was telling me that they have scanners where they can get your car codes if your key are near a window in your house. Shit crazy

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They are stealing them left and right where I am in Columbus, Ohio. Thing is, these are minors (from like 9 or 10 to 15 or so) and all reports indicate that these bad-ass kids are getting arrested then released to their parents within days, even hours on occasion. Some of the kids have been arrested dozens of times for this- and they just get sent home.

I saw a video where the cops got word of a stolen Kia parked at a gas station. 50 arrived and blocked the car in, and them little bad motherfuckers rammed the cop car (and tore up the civilian car next to it) trying to escape- which they did not. As the cops were pulling this lil 14 year old out of the car, he says to the camera; "I'll be out by tomorrow". :angry::angry::angry:

I don't think shit is going to change until kia does something about it- (right now, they just telling owners to get a "club" style locking device) these little hoodlums suffer some kind of consequences ( jail, juvie or getting their little asses beat) or they start going after the parents.

Don't care how young they are, you fuck with a man's ride you get dealt with Officer Wheeler style