Kendrick Lamar disses Drake & J Cole on Metro Boomin & Futures Album/ Rick Ross Responds/ Kanye Responds/Kendrick Responds 4X / Drake Responds 3X

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

benedict-cumberbatch-endgame.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah, but then the audacity to ask him to be on the record after kicking his back in for years over the Control verse is wild

Well yeah ummmm there is that.

But also maybe it was time for grown man with kids to get past all the bullsh*t?

Soapbox Sidebar: We gotta reach a point where we as black men mature. Especially in hip hop.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Has anyone seen A Man Called Otto?

There was a secondary storyline
The main character Otto moved into a neighborhood with his wife and then a black couple moved in, I believe Reuben and Anita were their names, (across the street/ next door...I can't recall).

But initially they were friends. The black family got a new car, Otto bought a similar new car (American.) They had family dinners together, date nights....etc. they had so much in common, even started trying to kids around the same time.

Then one day Reuben buys a Honda (maybe?) and Otto couldn't let it go. And then a bunch of small things that Otto has been taken as slights started happening. But we as the audience see the underlying issie and it has nothing to do with Otto. Then Ottos wife had a miscarriage, but R&A have 2 kids I believe. And Otto finds out his wife would never have kids. Over the years it was just one minor thing after another. To where as the movie starts they haven't talked for 20 years and have now become "enemies."

I say all that to say, by the end of the story they actually have a conversation. Otto asked Reuben about the car thing X years ago. And Reuben was like, you took that personally? I did what I felt I needed for my family. That's where all this started from? And he explains some of the other things Otto perceived as issues.

And then once they talked, they realized they wasted however many years as enemies when they would've been better spent as friends like they were.

What if Drake is Otto? Control is the car and this was all a misunderstanding that spiraled out of "control," when a phone call/ conversation would have clarified and avoided all of the ensuing fallout?
It would be terrible for hip hop. We need this hatred Kendrick has to be genuine and for all intents and purposes, it is.

62b6f683-d5b8-4ac7-87ba-8ec334a366f7_text.gif

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
First time hearing this. I'm actually impressed.

Chris Brown "Weakest Link" (Quavo Diss) [Unofficial Music Video]

Same here. My first time hearing this as well, because I don't check for him like that. That being said, that Take Off line: :frozen:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Has anyone seen A Man Called Otto?

There was a secondary storyline
The main character Otto moved into a neighborhood with his wife and then a black couple moved in, I believe Reuben and Anita were their names, (across the street/ next door...I can't recall).

But initially they were friends. The black family got a new car, Otto bought a similar new car (American.) They had family dinners together, date nights....etc. they had so much in common, even started trying to kids around the same time.

Then one day Reuben buys a Honda (maybe?) and Otto couldn't let it go. And then a bunch of small things that Otto has been taken as slights started happening. But we as the audience see the underlying issie and it has nothing to do with Otto. Then Ottos wife had a miscarriage, but R&A have 2 kids I believe. And Otto finds out his wife would never have kids. Over the years it was just one minor thing after another. To where as the movie starts they haven't talked for 20 years and have now become "enemies."

I say all that to say, by the end of the story they actually have a conversation. Otto asked Reuben about the car thing X years ago. And Reuben was like, you took that personally? I did what I felt I needed for my family. That's where all this started from? And he explains some of the other things Otto perceived as issues.

And then once they talked, they realized they wasted however many years as enemies when they would've been better spent as friends like they were.

What if Drake is Otto? Control is the car and this was all a misunderstanding that spiraled out of "control," when a phone call/ conversation would have clarified and avoided all of the ensuing fallout?

Holy sh*t

First off that is a brilliant and a ridiculously deep cut that actually fits perfectly.

Kendrick would be proud

And I believe you are 100% right but most won't appreciate the depth of the post.

Remember though... the music industry is inherently a cesspool of the absolute worst human behavior where its tolerated and subsidized. So could all just be simple petty jealousy & envy.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nah man they battling
Gotta tell someone shake that ass

how the hell Ken Ken make

You cheesing fam

One of The most lethal lines I ever heard?

#ohcanada

Sidebar... I mean do we really want young ladies to stop shaking they ass?

Kenny gotta appreciate the bigger picture. K Dot Playlist ain't exactly popping at the club.

Can we please all just wave our hands now if Drake promises to stop fake shooting on records?

DCMC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It seems the age-old, and quite bizarre, rumor revolving one of music's biggest forces was true: according to T.I., one of his friends actually urinated on Drake.

Tip referenced the incident in "We Did It Big"—a John Legend-assisted cut from his newly released album, The L.I.B.R.A. (The Legend is Back Running Atlanta). In the second verse, T.I. recalls several moments with his good friend Terrance Beasley, aka Cap, who was killed in prison nearly a year ago. Among the shared memories was the time Cap allegedly urinated on Drake during an event in Los Angeles: "While I'm fightin' my own somehow got you home," T.I. raps. "So drunk in LA, end up pissin' on Drake, shit/Fuck it, that's still my brother since back in the trap house."

The rumor made headlines back in 2015, when Drake's then-foe Meek Mill released a diss track called "Wanna Know." He rapped: "You let Tip homie piss on you in a movie theater ni**a, we ain’t forget/Real ni**as back in style this shit is lit/This that Ja Rule shit and 50 Cent."

Shortly after the track was released, sources told TMZ the incident occurred during a private screening of Takers in 2010. Insiders claimed Cap was highly intoxicated and began urinating on himself, with some pee unintentionally getting on Drake. The Toronto rapper reportedly got up from his seat 30 minutes into the movie, shouted "motherfucker," and left.