Justice League MOVIE Discussion (The SynderCut Drops 3/18/2021)

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The physics you're complaining about? Um okay. The jokes were all Whedon and his hammy directing
You can't place blame on Whedon's style or lay all the jokes at his feet -
look at the rooftop scene and the Bruce Wayne meets Flash scene both were previewed to reporters during principle photography- long before Whedon reportedly came on board...

also look at how the shots in the rooftop scene were composed... every shot was built in an attempt to make this moment work
tumblr_ona9kfCXGQ1uezmbko4_540.gif

then nothing after this makes sense for the 3 characters and later Cyborg
Bat jumps down to his mark , WW can fly but she walks in to the frame to hit her mark - Flash arrives last?
later 3 disappear leaving Flash

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I still think the movie.... was Not Horrible but when you sit down and read the major things that happened.... the shit does sound silly as fuck.

Justice League: What Was Steppenwolf’s Plan?

In Justice League, the team unites to stop Steppenwolf – but what exactly was is his plan and what were the Mother Boxes actually doing?

The World’s Greatest Superheroes didn’t join forces for no reason; Justice League had to provide a suitable challenge that would create a need for Batman (Ben Affleck), Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), The Flash (Ezra Miller), Aquaman (Jason Momoa), Cyborg (Ray Fisher), and finally Superman (Henry Cavill) himself to come together. That great enemy, as foretold by Bruce Wayne’s Knightmare and the ravings of Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg) in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, is the invading army from the planet Apokolips, led by a being known as the End of Worlds, Steppenwolf (Ciarán Hinds).

STEPPENWOLF’S ORIGINAL INVASION
It turns out Steppenwolf, the giant axe-swinging general of Darkseid, the dark god of Apokolips, is no stranger to Earth. Not only has he been to our planet before, he tried to invade it and failed. Five thousand years ago, Steppenwolf traveled to Earth via Boom Tube, a portal that allows for interstellar and inter-dimensional travel. He brought with him legions of Parademons – the flying, insect-like shock troops of Apokolips that feed on the fear of their victims. Steppenwolf even transformed humans into Parademons to serve his needs.

Most importantly, Steppenwolf had with him three Mother Boxes; advanced technology used by his race of ancient powerful beings called the New Gods. When merged together in a process called ‘the Unity’, the Mother Boxes have the power to terraform entire planets. Steppenwolf prays to the power of the Mother Boxes, with the goal of conquering Earth and transforming it into a planet identical to the fiery hellscape of Apokolips.

However, Earth also had defenders five thousand years ago. An alliance rose up to fight Steppenwolf. The Amazons, led by Queen Hippolyta (Connie Nielsen) and their greatest general Antiope (Robin Wright), the Atlanteans, the tribes of Man, the Greek gods led by Zeus, and even the Green Lantern assigned to protect Earth’s space sector 2814 met Steppenwolf and Apokolips in the field of battle. Many died, including the Lantern, but the defenders of Earth won and beat back Steppenwolf’s forces, banishing him and his Parademons.

The three Mother Boxes were left behind. Knowing they had to be separated so that the Unity could be prevented, the Mother Boxes were divided among the Amazons, the Atlanteans, and the tribes of Man. The Amazons kept their Mother Box on their hidden island of Themyscira. The Atlanteans brought theirs to Atlantis, deep in the ocean’s depths. The Men buried theirs, hoping it would never be discovered and used. While the first two Mother Boxes remained safely contained in their secret locations over the Millennia, the third was unearthed by the British during World War I. By 2016, it was in the possession of Dr. Silas Stone (Joe Morton) at STAR Labs. As we saw in Batman V Superman, the Mother Box came alive and grafted itself onto the dying body of Silas’ son Victor, turning him into Cyborg.

STEPPENWOLF’S PLAN IN 2017
By 2017, Parademons had begun breaching the dimensional barrier and arriving on Earth to gather intel on the whereabouts of the Mother Boxes. When Superman died at the end of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, the Mother Boxes began to awaken from 5,000 years of dormancy because Superman being gone destabilized the harmony of the world and left it without a protector. Batman encountered a Parademon scout in Gotham City, which eventually exploded into green goo after a brief battle. This was the sign Batman needed that his Knightmare was about to come true and the invasion he feared was imminent. He contacted Wonder Woman and together they began recruiting the heroes who would form the Justice League.

Meanwhile, the awakened Mother Boxes called Steppenwolf back to Earth to collect the Mother Boxes and complete the conquest he began five millennia ago. His first stop was Themyscira, where he and his Parademons attacked the Amazons and acquired the first Mother Box. Steppenwolf next struck in Atlantis, taking their box despite the efforts of Aquaman and Mera (Amber Heard). The Parademons then invaded the Russian town which had an abandoned nuclear reactor. This would become Steppenwolf’s base of operations for when he would attempt the Unity. The third Mother Box was harder to locate; the Parademons kidnapped nearly a dozen STAR Labs scientists for Steppenwolf to interrogate. One of the scientists was Dr. Silas Stone, which drew Cyborg and the newly-formed Justice League into direct conflict with Steppenwolf. Only Cyborg knew the last Mother Box’s secret location because he had hidden it himself.

Cyborg secured the Mother Box and brought it to the League, where Batman revealed he planned to use it to bring the dead Superman back to life. After exhuming Superman’s body and bringing it to the Kryptonian ship, the Flash used his speed to create lightning, which combined with the Mother Box’s power, would supercharge Superman and revive him. It worked and Superman was reborn, but while the League tried to subdue the confused Man of Steel, Steppenwolf Boom Tubed into Metropolis and stole his final piece of the puzzle.

The Justice League tracked Steppenwolf to his base in Russia and attacked the Apokoliptians. With Superman joining the battle at last, the Justice League were able to save the people of the town and also defeat Steppenwolf. Cyborg and Superman together broke the Mother Boxes apart, ending the Unity. Meanwhile, Steppenwolf experienced fear for the first time when Superman’s sheer power overwhelmed him and his battleaxe was destroyed. Their hunger ignited by the fear emanating from Steppenwolf, the Parademons turned on their general. As Steppenwolf fought off his own legions, they Boom Tubed away from Earth. The Justice League foiled Steppenwolf’s second – and hopefully last – invasion of Earth.

Whether Steppenwolf ever returns – or worse, Darkseid himself comes to Earth to avenge his lieutenant’s failure – is a question that may be answered in a future Justice League movie

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-steppenwolf-plan-motherboxes-explained/

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
the same reason why hela was odin's daughter in the movie when she was really loki's daughter in the comics. they change the history of the characters for the movie

Naw fam.... I think he was talking about Mother as in Mother boxes. I think Mother was when the Boxes were joined together to form UNITY..

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Dude I still can't let that part go... It was one of the things that stood out as soon as I saw the Foreclosure sign on the house.

Dude is up here picking up Flash in a 100K car and couldn't have kept Martha (The woman with the same name as his Mother) from losing her house.

Shit don't make any sense.

Maybe he didn't know? Maybe he had other things going on. Like fighting crime or auditioning young boys for a late night gig in tights?

stretchwallz

Superstar ***
BGOL Legend
tumblr_ot5jqx8yjq1qfprl9o5_r1_400.gif

Just caught the early showing of Justice League; overall I'd give it a B-

...felt like a big summer popcorn movie

Stretched out observations:

• Zack Snyder's dark vision fits Batman but not the rest of the JL
  • tumblr_oz9pnfDReX1vvcd19o4_r1_400.gif

• DC has figured out how to present Wonder Woman favoribly
  • Dope seeing Zeus and Green Lantern Corps fighting Steppenwolf
  • Too bad DC fucked up Green Lantern film
  • Missing David Bowie, Prince, & Superman newspaper headline - clever
  • When did Aquaman join the Hells Angels? .....Khal Drogo was having fun
  • Mera looked the closest to her comic character
  • Cyborg was a whiny little bitch for most of film
  • tumblr_oz9pnfDReX1vvcd19o3_400.gif

• Flash was annoying and sheepish.... far from a hero
  • Alfred was throwing decent shade at Bruce Wayne
  • Worst version of Lois Lane in history.... cardboard performance
  • Steppenwolf was abusing Amazons like he was Harvey Weinstein during casting
  • Steve Trevor hit the bottom of that demi-god pussy, she went into 100 year hibernation
  • Superman is way too overpowered ...like Bo Jackson on original Tecmo Bowl
  • I wondered where Diana Prince's ass went ?
  • tumblr_otih5hCePN1r2aobgo8_400.gif

• Batman always has a contingency plan, and it's usually a woman
  • Where was the global uproar over Superman returning ?
  • Aquaman wants Wonder Woman to ride his seahorse.... that lasso is problematic
  • Flash is faster than Superman... I always thought?
  • Joss Whedon jokes and brighter colors helped this film
  • tumblr_oz9pnfDReX1vvcd19o1_400.gif

• What was Steppenwolf's endgame? .....to turn earth into Mustafar?
  • How did Scotty know when and where to beam Steppenwolf up?
  • Bruce Wayne shows the dollar is the greatest superpower.... buying banks
  • Mrs Kent needs some undocumented migrant workers to field those crops
  • Henry Cavil needs a laxative so he can portray a better Superman
  • tumblr_ot5jqx8yjq1qfprl9o7_r1_400.gif

• Building the Hall of Justice ? are the wonder twins coming?
  • Where is Flash going to brunch at, the breakfast klub in Houston?
  • Lex Luthor is free... and Deathstroke doesn't seem amused
  • tumblr_or5i11orfK1uslsrzo4_500.gif

Last edited:

neoafrican

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was passable. But soooo many lost opportunities. And I also noted all the 'forced' shots that were supposed to look epic, but just came off as desperate.

Remember the scene in the original Avengers where all the heroes are fighting in their own style? The one that ends with Thor and Hulk killing the flying dragon-thing? And the Hulk/Thor punch?

Thats +100.

The moments in Justice League never capped a +10.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Cyborg was a whiny little bitch for most of film

Cyborg had a legit reason to be whiny... dude is basically a walking monster and he didn’t ask for it and he has alien tech all in his head..

I actually understood why he was whiny...

But FLASH though... Flash had no reason to be whiny. Dude is the fast man alive.

And here is another issue I have with Flash... why does dude need a super suit if he just pushes people and runs away. They basically took all of the cocky coolness from CW’s Flash and reduced dude to a stereotypical Jewish superhero. He’s basically Jimmy from South Park the Fractured Butt Whole. I shit you not.. go play the game. He is Jimmy.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Cyborg had a legit reason to be whiny... dude is basically a walking monster and he didn’t ask for it and he has alien tech all in his head..

I actually understood why he was whiny...

But FLASH though... Flash had no reason to be whiny. Dude is the fast man alive.

And here is another issue I have with Flash... why does dude need a super suit if he just pushes people and runs away. They basically took all of the cocky coolness from CW’s Flash and reduced dude to a stereotypical Jewish superhero. He’s basically Jimmy from South Park the Fractured Butt Whole. I shit you not.. go play the game. He is Jimmy.

The suits so he won't burn up his regular clothe running long distance. I'm pretty sure he was just getting used to it. But his costume sucked ass to me. Hopefully they'll fix that

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
tumblr_ot5jqx8yjq1qfprl9o5_r1_400.gif

Just caught the early showing of Justice League; overall I'd give it a B-

...felt like a big summer popcorn movie

Stretched out observations:

• Zack Snyder's dark vision fits Batman but not the rest of the JL
  • tumblr_oz9pnfDReX1vvcd19o4_r1_400.gif

• DC has figured out how to present Wonder Woman favoribly
  • Dope seeing Zeus and Green Lantern Corps fighting Steppenwolf
  • Too bad DC fucked up Green Lantern film
  • Missing David Bowie, Prince, & Superman newspaper headline - clever
  • When did Aquaman join the Hells Angels? .....Khal Drogo was having fun
  • Mera looked the closest to her comic character
  • Cyborg was a whiny little bitch for most of film
  • tumblr_oz9pnfDReX1vvcd19o3_400.gif

• Flash was annoying and sheepish.... far from a hero
  • Alfred was throwing decent shade at Bruce Wayne
  • Worst version of Lois Lane in history.... cardboard performance
  • Steppenwolf was abusing Amazons like he was Harvey Weinstein during casting
  • Steve Trevor hit the bottom of that demi-god pussy, she went into 100 year hibernation
  • Superman is way too overpowered ...like Bo Jackson on original Tecmo Bowl
  • I wondered where Diana Prince's ass went ?
  • tumblr_otih5hCePN1r2aobgo8_400.gif

• Batman always has a contingency plan, and it's usually a woman
  • Where was the global uproar over Superman returning ?
  • Aquaman wants Wonder Woman to ride his seahorse.... that lasso is problematic
  • Flash is faster than Superman... I always thought?
  • Joss Whedon jokes and brighter colors helped this film
  • tumblr_oz9pnfDReX1vvcd19o1_400.gif

• What was Steppenwolf's endgame? .....to turn earth into Mustafar?
  • How did Scotty know when and where to beam Steppenwolf up?
  • Bruce Wayne shows the dollar is the greatest superpower.... buying banks
  • Mrs Kent needs some undocumented migrant workers to field those crops
  • Henry Cavil needs a laxative so he can portray a better Superman
  • tumblr_ot5jqx8yjq1qfprl9o7_r1_400.gif

• Building the Hall of Justice ? are the wonder twins coming?
  • Where is Flash going to brunch at, the breakfast klub in Houston?
  • Lex Luthor is free... and Deathstroke doesn't seem amused
  • tumblr_or5i11orfK1uslsrzo4_500.gif

You have to review the current seasons of The Flash,Arrow and Gotham :lol:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I couldn't fuck with it :smh:

Visually it just annoyed the shit out of me, because I felt like I was watching a video game

and the actors, besides a couple seem miscast

It was just corny and like they were trying too hard. The action scenes, the overacting....

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Let me start by saying I'm one of the people who didn't think Wonder Woman was all that. I think gal gadot is a meh actress at best. But I get it. She is pretty and she has an accent. I think lots of people see that and take it for good acting. It's happened before and it'll happen again. But she's a beanpole. She's nowhere close to SJ in that catsuit.
affleck is also a one trick pony. He's the same blah, one dimensional character in every movie.
The Flash kid was crony as fuck and really distracting.
The Aquaman character was terrible. It was so obvious they were trying to make him a Blaxplotation figure will still keeping him PC. I shuddered at every line.
Now don't get me wrong, the movie was not bad but it was still a mishmosh. After 45 minutes I stopped looking for a plot and just tried to enjoy the action.
Forget the banter or chemistry. They tried too hard and it feel flat. As did the humor.
Not a bad flic, I wasn't demanding my money back but...

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
why didn't Bruce just have Lois show up first ? Supes was kicking everybody's ass and sound as he saw her he just stopped...or he should of said Martha when Supes was beating his ass

:roflmao::roflmao:
I was thinking the same thing. I was waiting for Bruce to yell, "c'mon son chill, remember Martha. Martha. MARTHA! We still have Martha."
I wouldn't have been mad if Batman showed up in a Martha t-shirt.