Justice League MOVIE Discussion (The SynderCut Drops 3/18/2021)

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
It was good and bad. I don't like the jokes Joss Whedon put in. I prefer Zach Snyder's more serious tone. If I want jokes and light heartedness, I'll watch the Goofy WB shows

FutureBrandNu

Support BGOL
Registered
Just came from the movie. Far better than I expected it to be after all the negativity and reshoot drama. A few of the comedy bits fell short but overall was a nice change of pace from BvS... Only drawback was that it all seemed rushed and I wish we could have had a bit more of a build up to this movie. This along with Wonder Woman lay a nice foundation for what DCU movies should look and feel like.

Enjoyed Aquaman, and Flash. WW was WW. Cyborg is begging for a team up movie with Flash (or even Green Lantern) at some point. Hopefully they continue to develop his sort of dry sense of humor. The brief evil Superman portion was the best part of the movie for me. Would love to have seen that last longer. Batman was by far the least interesting character. Not to say the performance was bad, its just we have all seen enough of Batman. If they actually do a Flashpoint movie and soft reset the universe, a young Batman could do wonders for the character.

Overall id give the movie a solid 3.5/5 Quaid belly faces.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
You didn't hear? All the Zack movies sucked because they weren't enough jokes in the movie...not because of bad scripts or directing..jokes.

I watched the Flash on the WB the other day, I thought I was watching a Disney Channel kids show. They had parts in this movie that felt like that. I prefer Zach Snyder's darker, more serious themes. These idiots and their demands too see jokes ruined parts of this film.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Just got back
Was mediocre at best. Very heavy and shitty CGI. And the fight scenes are very dismal and very forgettable. The DCEU needs work

The chase scene with the Motherbox and Amazon's? That was fire. The original fight scene with Steppenwolf, featuring The Gods, Atlantians and the Green Lanterns? Fire again.

Zack Snyder's work was fire. It was Joss Whedon, with those awful jokes that brought it down

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I watched the Flash on the WB the other day, I thought I was watching a Disney Channel kids show. They had parts in this movie that felt like that. I prefer Zach Snyder's darker, more serious themes. These idiots and their demands too see jokes ruined parts of this film.
even when dead serious - the movie kept having alternating moments of - who the fuck would do that? vs being trite or extremely corny
tone/ humor doesn't matter when the writing is shit

Every time they started getting a rhythm in action or dialogue etc - it gets disrupted - in BVS it was shit editing and a worse screenplay that kept jarring the viewer from getting into the story -
In JL the screenplay is still atrocious and jarring - imo the whole film is ruined not by humor but poor quality.

for example Wonder Woman had a decent action scene and sequence saving children from criminals that ends with the
criminal saying to her: I don't believe it! What are you?
WW: A believe
r!
141990d9dffc91d5af009c390ff13643--chris-pine-chris-delia.jpg

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The chase scene with the Motherbox and Amazon's? That was fire. The original fight scene with Steppenwolf, featuring The Gods, Atlantians and the Green Lanterns? Fire again.

Zack Snyder's work was fire. It was Joss Whedon, with those awful jokes that brought it down
:lol::lol:

no dude - look at BVS- great action scenes and ideas ruined by a crap screenplay zero transition gaping logic and plot holes
exact same shit going on now in JL -just with jokes now!

and in brighter colors

Last edited:

Kadraven

Rising Star
Registered

The chase scene was cool to me but not fire.
The original fight with Steppenwolf was meh. Ive seen better in the Lord of the Rings trilogys. Hell Battle of the Basterds was better. Im not saying it was a bad movie but nothing in it wowed me or had me thinking about it after i left the theater.
And the climax was trash

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

no dude - look at BVS- great action scenes and ideas ruined by a crap screenplay zero transition gaping logic and plot holes

and in brighter colors

I’m actually tripping out people defending Zach Snyder’s vision on this....

Or even Joss’s Vision...

As if either of these dudes had any control
Over this film. Lol

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
even when dead serious - the movie kept having alternating moments of - who the fuck would do that? vs being trite or extremely corny
tone/ humor doesn't matter when the writing is shit

Every time they started getting a rhythm in action or dialogue etc - it gets disrupted - in BVS it was shit editing and a worse screenplay that kept jarring the viewer from getting into the story -
In JL the screenplay is still atrocious and jarring - imo the whole film is ruined not by humor but poor quality.

for example Wonder Woman had a decent action scene and sequence saving children from criminals that ends with the
criminal saying to her: I don't believe it! What are you?
WW: A believe
r!
141990d9dffc91d5af009c390ff13643--chris-pine-chris-delia.jpg

This sums up my thoughts...

I’m still waiting for cats to come in and say this was a ten.

It was ok. Not a horrible movie.. but just ok.

But I’m not defending the holes in this bitch.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Joss has a style and so does Snyder. Watchmen felt a lot like BVS.
thats a big part of what was wrong with some of the action and scenes BVS and in JL
the scope of main protagonist (Bat) in BvS was too small it fit better in with universe of Watchmen...

In JL - Wonder Woman should not be using fight choreo like Silk Spectre only with a slightly faster effect
Batman's cape's physics should not be the same as Nite Owl
(also a full length weighted cape on +6' tall character should not catch air and spread out only a yard on each side)
On the roof top with Gordon that is not Batman - the humor, the angles the marks are all wrong - but it would be right for Nite Owl

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
This was a solid movie. Easily a 8 out of 10. All the characters were on point and it was much funnier than I thought it would be. Gal Gadot is perfect for Wonder Woman. She continues to be the best thing about the DCEU. And they FINALLY color corrected Supes. His suit is bright blue and red. I'm mad it took 5 movies in this universe for them to make Superman look like Superman.

I don't have much to complain about. The biggest complaint I say is the direct result of this movie having to follow BvS. They should have never killed Supes in that movie. I can't fault this movie for having to spend time course correcting that mistake.

Also I don't think Flash is ready for a solo movie. He was sold as the funniest character in all the trailers, but truth be told Aquaman and Bats were way funnier. Flash would be a solid back up comic relief character in Cyborg's solo movie. Like Hulk in Thor 3.

Lastly, the comic book references come flying at you like a batarang in this movie. Not saying that's a good or a bad thing. Just be pre-warned. If you're not familiar with 'mother-boxes', 'lanterns', or 'darkseid's plan to terraform planets to the atmosphere of Apokolips' maybe consider going to this movie with your comic book reading friend. :lol:

BLACKLOOP

Rising Star
Registered
This was a solid movie. Easily a 8 out of 10. All the characters were on point and it was much funnier than I thought it would be. Gal Gadot is perfect for Wonder Woman. She continues to be the best thing about the DCEU. And they FINALLY color corrected Supes. His suit is bright blue and red. I'm mad it took 5 movies in this universe for them to make Superman look like Superman.

I don't have much to complain about. The biggest complaint I say is the direct result of this movie having to follow BvS. They should have never killed Supes in that movie. I can't fault this movie for having to spend time course correcting that mistake.

Also I don't think Flash is ready for a solo movie. He was sold as the funniest character in all the trailers, but truth be told Aquaman and Bats were way funnier. Flash would be a solid back up comic relief character in Cyborg's solo movie. Like Hulk in Thor 3.

Lastly, the comic book references come flying at you like a batarang in this movie. Not saying that's a good or a bad thing. Just be pre-warned. If you're not familiar with 'mother-boxes', 'lanterns', or 'darkseid's plan to terraform planets to the atmosphere of Apokolips' maybe consider going to this movie with your comic book reading friend. :lol:
Good review can’t wait to see it as much of a marvel fan I am in actually looking forward to this movie. Then we get a two month break till black panther come out

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
thats a big part of what was wrong with some of the action and scenes BVS and in JL
the scope of main protagonist (Bat) in BvS was too small it fit better in with universe of Watchmen...

In JL - Wonder Woman should not be using fight choreo like Silk Spectre only with a slightly faster effect
Batman's cape's physics should not be the same as Nite Owl
(also a full length weighted cape on +6' tall character should not catch air and spread out only a yard on each side)
On the roof top with Gordon that is not Batman - the humor, the angles the marks are all wrong - but it would be right for Nite Owl

The physics you're complaining about? Um okay. The jokes were all Whedon and his hammy directing

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor

Whoever wrote this piece is the reason these movies are dumb. He should stick to the WB and Flash and Arrow.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member

and in brighter colors
He buys a bank but couldn’t toss the mother of earths savior a couple dollars?

When he was driving the Jeep he was sending out checks. When he kept the checks he is driving a Benz. What is Batman telling us about his finances?

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
No Darksied...

Demons and Steppenwolf are not there to signal his arrival

Steppenwolf mentions Darkseid once... but he says it in a way that I don't really know what he was referring to.

Steppenwolf spends most of his time mentioning a Mother... I have no idea who this might be. At first I thought he was referring to the motherboxes.. since they are supposed to be Sentient... and maybe combining all three Boxes creates "Mother".. but even after he joined them together... he was still talking about Mother.

So I've got no clue who this is supposed to be.

he was referring to granny goodness.

granny_goodness__earth_27__commission_by_phil_cho-dbf20us.jpg

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
He buys a bank but couldn’t toss the mother of earths savior a couple dollars?

When he was driving the Jeep he was sending out checks. When he kept the checks he is driving a Benz. What is Batman telling us about his finances?

Dude I still can't let that part go... It was one of the things that stood out as soon as I saw the Foreclosure sign on the house.

Dude is up here picking up Flash in a 100K car and couldn't have kept Martha (The woman with the same name as his Mother) from losing her house.

Shit don't make any sense.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Dude I still can't let that part go... It was one of the things that stood out as soon as I saw the Foreclosure sign on the house.

Dude is up here picking up Flash in a 100K car and couldn't have kept Martha (The woman with the same name as his Mother) from losing her house.

Shit don't make any sense.
I was just listening to dr Jason Johnson on XMs UrbanView. He said the movie was hot trash. I will say this: my son didn’t flip the hell out watching the movie. The runtime was perfect.

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
That doesn't make Sense....

Granny Goodness was removed from her parents and became part of Darkseid's elite.

Steppenwolf was Darkseid's Uncle who later on joined Darkseid's group.

Why would Steppenwolf be calling her Mother.

the same reason why hela was odin's daughter in the movie when she was really loki's daughter in the comics. they change the history of the characters for the movie