Just joined the Gym. Looking for workout routines

MYSTIC

Rising Star
Registered
Peace BGOL Fam.

I'm looking to mainly get rid of my gut and want to gain more energy. I have 2 little ones and don't need to be tired all the damn time. lol Any suggestions would help. I only did calisthenics in the past.

My goals are to lost my belly and show the six pack that's hiding underneath.
work on my core
Gain a bigger chest
Define arms
more energy
better breath (i smoke)
flexibility

Any workout routines would help (Monday's = Chest, Wed = Cardio, etc)

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I would start by getting your cardio up...

hit the treadmill for thirty min, start off slow,

then walk at a fast pace... with an incline of three or four,

then ride the stationary bike, for ten minutes, start off on level three, after three minutes see if you can gradually move up to level four or five, then bring it down to two and pedal as fast as you can for the last two minutes..

whatever you work on, lower body or upper body,

do some push ups and crunchs in between excercises...

if you are a smoker you really want to get your cardio game up...

and if you dont eat a lot of fruits with vit c, you will want to take some vit c supplements..

and drink fenugreek tea, it will do wonders for your lungs..

Eclipse99

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Everything everyone else said... I was in the same boat now I'm at the fitness level I want to be at. Just some pointers:

Diet and supplements is key. (Depending on goals will determine your calorie intake and what type of supplements you need)

Work out in a "fasted" state. (If weight loss and maintaining muscles is goal)

Switch up workout routine at least every 2 months.

Once your body gets use to working. Start training/lifting hard and heavy as HELL!

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Peace BGOL Fam.

I'm looking to mainly get rid of my gut and want to gain more energy. I have 2 little ones and don't need to be tired all the damn time. lol Any suggestions would help. I only did calisthenics in the past.

My goals are to lost my belly and show the six pack that's hiding underneath.
work on my core
Gain a bigger chest
Define arms
more energy
better breath (i smoke)
flexibility

Any workout routines would help (Monday's = Chest, Wed = Cardio, etc)

Watch this to get a little motivation that women actually put in work at this level. (Was the clip that actually changed my focus, tripped me out at the energy they we're display)

Listen to this shit he talk, "just lift something"(4:30 mark)

Once you have some gym time under your belt....try this routine

Last edited:

Varis

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just don't over do it, saw a dude almost choke on a pole trying to bench press too much,get someone to spot

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Compound lifts fuck all the pussy shit, squats, deadlifts, bench press, military press, pull ups etc, plus some Hitt, running or jump rope will have you right. But remember the gut will be the last thing to go.

Plus water, fruit, Veggies. I eat well 5 days a week and on the weekends I eat whatever the fuck I want

THREAD_CRITIC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Compound lifts fuck all the pussy shit, squats, deadlifts, bench press, military press, pull ups etc, plus some Hitt, running or jump rope will have you right. But remember the gut will be the last thing to go.

Plus water, fruit, Veggies. I eat well 5 days a week and on the weekends I eat whatever the fuck I want

Listen to this man

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Whatever you do, do it HIIT style and you'll be good to go imo.
I'm not a heavy weight lifter im a bodyweight guy so the lifters will be able to direct you better than i can

kain

Professional Bastard Bum
Platinum Member
I always point folks to bodybuilding.com to get a routine. Don't be afraid to try one and change. 30 mins cardio at a minimum is a good start as said earlier. I do my cardio first because I'm older and want to be sure I get warmed up. Stick with it because you are going to be sore at first (lactic acid).

wadusay

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
biggerleanerstronger-book.jpg

Man_Of_STeeL

鋼鉄の人 - より似たチタン
Platinum Member
if you wanna make improvements....just about any routine will help you in your quest...but it's about HOW you lift....as well..

are you quarter-reppin' or usin' full range of motion...are you using momentum or are you controllin' the weight on the way down and explodin' back up...

once you have your routine...also search youtube for videos on how to perform the exercises with correct form....so when you're doin' the bench press...you're workin' your CHEST and not just your Front Delts....

don't 'ego' lift...pick a weight that's a challenge to you..that you can lift with perfect form..6 to 12 times... doesn't matter if it's only 10 pounds...and remember to warm-up..

and goin' to the gym...is only like 20% of gettin' bigger and/or stronger....your nutrition game has to be on point....make sure you're gettin' enough protein ..carbs and fats..

make sure you get enough sleep at night....

if you want your muscles to grow you need to hit 'em at least twice a week...

protein synthesis...aka..when your body uses protein to repair and build new muscle...takes 24-48 hours...so allow each body part 2 days rest in between sessions...and give your body the nutrients it needs to help you recover...approximately one gram of protein per pound you weigh....

if you're tryna get stronger...your rep range should be between 1-6 reps per set..

if you're tryna get bigger...aka cause hypertrophy...your rep range is 8-12 reps per set..

best exercises if you're a beginner...are Bench Press (Chest), Dips (Triceps/Chest), Squats (Legs), Deadlift (Back/Legs), Military Press (Shoulders), Pull-ups (Back)....

and train to failure...or may be jus one rep before failure...meaning you couldn't do one more rep if someone was offerin' a million dollars...

google....progressive overload....time under tension..and mind-muscle connection....

Last edited:

Man_Of_STeeL

鋼鉄の人 - より似たチタン
Platinum Member
and doin' crunches alone...won't help you get a six pack...matter of fact you can get a six pack...without doin' any crunches....

in order to get a six pack...if you currently don't have one....is to lose the belly fat that's coverin' it up...

in order to burn fat....you need to be at a caloric deficit...meaning you're burning more energy than you're consumin' via eatin'...

High Intensity Interval Training can do that...the best...

you will also need to restrict your calories...

running on a treadmill for 2 hours at 3 mph...will NOT help you burn fat...if your diet game isn't in order...

for instance..if you have a cheeseburger and french fries...you'd have to run a treadmill at a 10-minute per mile pace..for an HOUR...jus to burn off the calories from that ONE meal...nevermind the other 2 meals and snacks you ate that day...

you can't outrun a bad diet....

and remember the belly is the first place you put on fat...and the LAST place you lose it...so if you don't see a six pack..but you're cut everywhere else....that's why...

Last edited:

trick20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This pretty much it....not saying the other stuff dont work but sometimes simple works....look into the 5x5 program. If the gym was PF look for another gym if you can

you gotta drop them cancer sticks definitely

Last edited:

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I have to get back in there full time I had a nice ass body for 3 yrs then had a daughter after the 1st 4 months making it to the gym went downhill.

Happy to hear my son been in the gym heavy that motivated me to get back on my grind

hussla's paradice

Chubby Chasing Connoisseur
Registered
This pretty much it....not saying the other stuff dont work but sometimes simple works....look into the 5x5 program. If the gym was PF look for another gym if you can

you gotta drop them cancer sticks definitely

Dropping the sticks is hard.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Move more. Eat better and less.

Run a min, walk for :45. Repeat. Get the heart rate up.

Light weight, more reps for two weeks, then lift heavy for the next two. Confuse the body.

Take advantage of classes if offered in your gym. Being in a classroom environment will make you do more work than you would on your own.

Ask questions. Research.

MYSTIC

Rising Star
Registered
Everyone has dropped so much knowledge! I'm going to start odd with the cardio 1st thing to get the blood pumping then break out into daily routines. I'll be testing out everything and see what get's the best results. I really appreciate all the knowledge.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't do nothing under 20 reps..Don't hang with the idiots in the gym.. Stay far away from groups..If u need to talk get their phone number.. Don't eat sugar or anything white..30 mins cardio everyday.. Don't eat after 7pm.. Half of your diet should be protein based.. Last but not least u must be real about this life brah...It's a Marathon not a sprint

kuu

Rising Star
Registered
I'm in good shape but I want to cut up so I've been eating healthy as usual, but been doing a lot of calisthenics and cardio. The thing with me was when I would jog outside... man my fuckin legs would ITCH like a mother fucker.

If you ever have this problem, the solution is to take like 1 or 2 antihistamine pills. Just make sure it is Loratadine and NOT diphenhydramine. The diphenhydramine will have you drowsy as fuck. I jog with pure ease now.:D

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
if you're just starting dont' worry so much about weight lifting. concentrate on cardio. Running, jump rope, basic calisthenics.
and stop smoking.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Great info here, work that cardio, I wish I would've attacked this aspect first.

I'm just getting to the point where I'm comfortable going jogging. I'm not at the point where I feel like going jogging more than other shit, but I'm way better than I was months ago.

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
You can't win a championship in one day. Do not run yourself out of the gym.

Start off slower and work your way up to longer, intense work outs. Shouldn't take too long. You got a gut? You're going to have to run. A lot. And sweat. So run one day. Then low impact cardio (machines, bike) the next until you can run every trip.

And take your recovery seriously. That's what people sleep on. Get you one of those little foot baths/ massage add Epsom salt. An ice pack. And take a full bath with epsom salt at least once per week. Do not discount recovery, it's a big deal when going hard in the gym.

That smoking could be a major problem though. May just want to go straight elliptical. But it will take more time.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Don't do nothing under 20 reps..Don't hang with the idiots in the gym.. Stay far away from groups..If u need to talk get their phone number.. Don't eat sugar or anything white..30 mins cardio everyday.. Don't eat after 7pm.. Half of your diet should be protein based.. Last but not least u must be real about this life brah...It's a Marathon not a sprint

Man it crazy your saying this, I pretty much do 20 reps of everything except bench 5x18(3 6's low,regular,high) & dips, curls and when I do the tricep gantlet...I fuck with CT but not like that!!!

The eating schedule is my biggest problem. Getting off at 5:30 -6:00, I'm not about to eat when I like to be at the gym for 7. Eating through the work day is kinda rough also. So until I changed jobs It's probably gonna be that way.

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member

you don't have to do "20 reps"

anything over ten is adequate. ten will get you toned over ten builds muscle my routine is 15 reps 5 sets

and yeah peanuts, peanut butter, eggs, and chicken are your friends.

my mistakes when i first started:

diet: throwing fruits in a blender for smoothies. figure you are eating 5 fruits at once poured in a glass, high sugar content even with it being natural sugar

workout: hitting weights more then i would do cardio i was building muscle sure but it was underneath fat still.