Jon Stewart vs. Jim Cramer: Winner Take All

J Storm

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well, that was awkward. "The Daily Show"'s Jon Stewart interviewed CNBC's Jim Cramer on Thursday night. The half-hour back-and-forth managed to be both incredibly uncomfortable and highly entertaining.

After a video introduction that mocked the anticipation of the interview, Stewart began hammering Cramer on his poorly timed financial advice. It only got worse for poor Jim, who looked like a deer in headlights. Stewart repeatedly put Cramer on the spot with clips of the "Mad Money" host in a 2006 interview. In it, the excitable host spoke about manipulating futures trades as a hedge fund manager. Stewart told Cramer that the video made him very angry. Fortunately for Cramer, Stewart did not rip off his shirt and turn into the Incredible Hulk.

[flash]http://www.hulu.com/yahoo/http%3A%2F%2Ftv%2Eyahoo%2Ecom/embed/_3TIApx3ymwKbAfZnz-MKA[/flash]

As expected, the interview sparked a wave of Search activity. Lookups surged for many of the companies mentioned during the evisceration, with Bear Stearns leading the charge. Also seeing a rise: David Faber, a CNBC host who both Stewart and Cramer agreed was actually doing a good job of reporting the financial crisis.

Bloggers and newspapers had a field day with the interview. Business Insider wrote that Stewart "definitely got the better of his adversary," but noted that Stewart appeared overly serious. Gawker Media wrote that Cramer came across as "absurdly contrite" by "seemingly apologizing for everything CNBC has ever aired." Other sources within the Buzz agreed, writing that the conclusion to "the weeklong feud of the century" was won by the "Daily Show" host.

After the mauling was over and the two shook hands, Stewart closed the segment by turning to camera and saying that he hoped that the interview was just as awkward to watch as it was to partake in. It was, Jon. It really was.

source http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/stewart-vs-cramer-winner-take-all--183

Mac4L1ph3

BGOL Mega Superstar Donor
Registered
Jon Stewart and Jim Cramer: The *Extended* Daily Show Interview Uncensored

[flash]http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:221516[/flash]

[flash]http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:221517[/flash]

[flash]http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:221518[/flash]​

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Stewart completely and utterly destroyed Jim Cramer. It was a blood bath and a sad one at that.

Jim Cramer (although a democrat) joined forces with Sean Hannity (appearing on Hannitys show) to bash the Obama administration and say that the market was failing ONLY because of Obama's policies.

Jon Stewart came back and called his ass on his bullshit. :lol:

I wish someone would take Hannity to task as well for selling this "lie" to the masses as well......:angry::angry::angry:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Bloggers and newspapers had a field day with the interview. Business Insider wrote that Stewart "definitely got the better of his adversary," but noted that Stewart appeared overly serious.

He was doing a serious fucking interview!!! You'd have to average four fart jokes a minute not to be too serious for some folks, you would think he had totally abandoned doing comedy on the show for a month and morphed into Lenny Bruce reading court transcripts on stage, it was A-- one-- serious interview on a show that regularly handles serious subjects.

Anybody who comes away from watching that criticizing Stewart for being too serious needs to just lock themselves in a room with a Drawn Together DVD.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
There was a time when I thought Cramer was on "our side," how wrong I was... I've lost over 50 percent of my wealth in this bad market.

I must find a way to stop being an unaware pawn in this game of life.
:smh::(:smh:

Last edited:

J Storm

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ether.jpg

djkidrich

τђë κïd fяºm qµęęñ§
Certified Pussy Poster
There was a time when I thought Cramer was one"our side," how wrong I was... I've lost over 50 percent of my wealth in this bad market.

I must find a way to stop being an unaware pawn in this game of life.
:smh::(:smh:

Exactly man,
Yet you will have coon's on this board applauding scumbag's like Madoff for taking advantage of people's ignorance and trust...

Phermone3

Rising Star
Registered
Cramer folded like a house of cards there. Those videos from 2006 were DAMNING! He knew all along what was on the horizon.

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Cramer folded like a house of cards there. Those videos from 2006 were DAMNING! He knew all along what was on the horizon.

He got his ass handed to him by the truth... he had no choice but to sit there and take it. That footage of him from 2006 just goes to show you that the market is a rich man's GAME and little more than illusion.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
It proves that the "American Dream" for the most part is a joke. How many remember when Bush (when he first ran) told people to invest in the stock market vs. waiting in Social Security? Republicans were "giving him props"!

People told me to invest if you want to retire and now my portfolio looks like swiss fucking cheese. :angry:

Berny fucking Madoff???!!! Shit like that tells me that it's best to just stick your money under a mattress and let shit ride.....:angry::angry:

BoyJupiter

Star
Registered
Has anyone noticed that when Jon Stewart gets angry at a PARTICULAR show, he can literally almost destroy it? Didn't he do this with CROSS FIRE ???

He got on that show and made both hosts his bitch.

I can't even stomach the awkwardness of the shows posted below.

BigFish999

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wow, I gotta start recording that show because I really get some good info when you guys post them! Thanks for bringing me up to speed OP!

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
at least Cramer showed up and took his medicne like a man.

i GOTS to give him props for that.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Has anyone noticed that when Jon Stewart gets angry at a PARTICULAR show, he can literally almost destroy it? Didn't he do this with CROSS FIRE ???

He got on that show and made both hosts his bitch.

I can't even stomach the awkwardness of the shows posted below.

OH SHIT! I WAS TELLING MY WIFE THAT LAST NIGHT! HE DESTROYED CROSSFIRE BY SHITTING ON THE HOST!

After he tore them a new hole the show got cancelled!

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It proves that the "American Dream" for the most part is a joke. How many remember when Bush (when he first ran) told people to invest in the stock market vs. waiting in Social Security? Republicans were "giving him props"!

People told me to invest if you want to retire and now my portfolio looks like swiss fucking cheese. :angry:

Berny fucking Madoff???!!! Shit like that tells me that it's best to just stick your money under a mattress and let shit ride.....:angry::angry:
c/s... the market is a way to shift wealth upwards... dont believe the hype

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
OH SHIT! I WAS TELLING MY WIFE THAT LAST NIGHT! HE DESTROYED CROSSFIRE BY SHITTING ON THE HOST!

After he tore them a new hole the show got cancelled!
"How old are you?"

"35"

"And you wear a bowtie..."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn he ethered them on they own fuckin show

BadDebt

Star
Registered
Stewart should get a Nobel prize or something for trying to expose CNBC.

CNBC is owned by GE and think of the connections GE has on the market and you can clearly see that CNBC is not in the financial exposing of the market rather an aid to the fatKats that control the market...

Good Stuff J.Storm...

BadDebt

Star
Registered

That really was good advice Bush gave, but they don't give the advice of taking your own investments in your own hands...

Mutual funds are for suckers..

You have to control any investments that you lend your support to..

Treat your dollars like SLAVES...Try not to SAVE to many of them or they become worthless in the end.

My motto is every dollar needs to bring me two more dollars to my possession..

Tell that dollar to bring 2 friends and his friends bring 2 more...

Apply this philosophy with any asset and you will always have more...

When you see the trend go south (downward spiral) BAIL, because its very rare that a trend reverse in a quick manor...

Cell phone is a Bail right now...that trend looks very bad to investors..

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
DAMN... Cramer lost.

It's interesting how most comedians, at their core, are some of the most serious and omniscient people out there.

Straight ether...:itsawrap:

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
He handed Kramer his ass, and all of CNBC along with it.

That shit was like "No Vaseline"

One man destroyed a whole crew.

I haven't seen an exposing like that, even on this board

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
Kramer should just throw in towel and retire his show gracefully there is no way he can come back and give advice and not have his credibility questioned. He's done

Megazell

Star
Registered
This should outrage people

but soon most will forget and go back to the same

system of shit.:hmm:

This is not directed to you but about your statement to those in general.

If you want to get out of this system of shit - Surround yourself with like minded thinkers and live your lives...from those gathering emerge a way of thought...from those thoughts come the actions of change...from those actions a revolution.

No joke - No BS - It's the only way.

Jon Stewart did a good job.