John Singleton was about to coon up the 2 pac movie. update: script leaked

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There is no proof; nothing to prove it or make it valid; nothing to verify it; I dont know if this is true or not but wouldnt the prison keep records of it? from a medical stand point? so posters have already said this before, but if you cant prove it why put it in a movie?

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
There is no proof; nothing to prove it or make it valid; nothing to verify it; I dont know if this is true or not but wouldnt the prison keep records of it? from a medical stand point? so posters have already said this before, but if you cant prove it why put it in a movie?
There are a lot of things put into movies whether true or false. Proven or unproven including this movie (from my understanding).

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There are a lot of things put into movies whether true or false. Proven or unproven including this movie (from my understanding).
we not talking about no scifi movie or no drama bullshit; its supposed to be about his life; so if something cant be proven about his; why even try to put in a movie; and the fact that it is degrading but yet he still wanted to put that in there, says alot about him...

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
we not talking about no scifi movie or no drama bullshit; its supposed to be about his life; so if something cant be proven about his; why even try to put in a movie; and the fact that it is degrading but yet he still wanted to put that in there, says alot about him...
c/s

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We haven't seen this one
It might be trash
Let's wait
But everybody knows how it ends :dunno:

I ain't never watched a hip-hop biopic of someone I knew growing up....Aaliyah, 2pac, biggie, 50.... shit is dumb as shit to me. 20 year's later!

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

No doubt.

Also Tupac wasn't fucking with him when he died so it isn't like he'd be someone Tupac would have confided in if it had actually happened.

But as someone said earlier if he had been raped there's no way that wouldn't have been put out there at this point as I'm sure that would have been in his prison file and someone would have tried to sell that info by now.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
That rumor started on the Wendy Williams show...that Coke Head Tranny was looking to stir up some shit for more listeners
Wish nothing but ill will on that weird looking She-Man.

BbRxqS.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
We all do but unfortunately that piece of shit continues winning.

If her success isn't definitive proof that there's no higher power watching over us and holding us accountable I don't know what is.
Your right about that. Where's Jesus Christ to give this evil man bitch what she deserves. :smh:

TCxZcq.jpg

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
I think there was some controversy there that Singleton wanted to speak on. Could be a whole buncha shit that the public don't know. Therein lies an unadulterated story and an untold story that MANY of fans but also filmgoers would love to see. People are voyeurs. We love drama. We love dirt. We love controversy.

Shoot outs with unnamed parties besides the Police. Street knowledge. Drug dealing. Pac coulda been molested as a kid. The mom and her crack habits. The white girl that took Pac in probably had a bigger role in his life than we know. The poetry. The shy, fearful, timid side of Pac that we see when he's in interviews and not doing his shtick.

Pac wasn't even with gen pop when he was in prison. Doubt very highly that he was raped in prison. I think the rape scene that Singleton speaking on was with the girl. From what I remember, I thought he he was in on it, had sex with her and let the homies have the left overs and that shit went bad. Is that the kinda rape we think of when she claimed rape? No. But he would still get a charge and at that time take the hit.

These types of stories, while not praising the hero of our tale, also lend credit to the realism of the story and the potency of the screenplay itself. That's how awards are won. That's the one thing that Straight Outta Compton lacked. Just one scene with Cube in college and listening to white folks around him talking about movies would've been brilliant. The pay off scene was when he actually sat down to start writing his script. Just one scene of Dre losing his temper on lil Dee would've sealed the deal. One scene showing how much he later regretted that shit would've put it over the top for realness.

Just a few scenes comparable to that for Pac would move the story into a real place. Just a moment of reflection. A moment with the notebook. A moment after the woman that got raped. He was high/ drunk and simply passed out. She was left alone with the wolves. We get it. It happens. The moments with Jada without that horrible ass dialogue would shine better.

Show us the moments where he began to literally transform into he characters he hung around with and the characters he played on screen. Show us the conflict. The spit personality. The insanity in his own head. We all know he was a little off too.

Give us a moment with Pac alone in prison imaging the universe as a whole and the vast amounts of time and space that pushed the limits on his imagination and his dreams. This man had an understanding that was nothing short of amazing.

JUST ONE SCENE TO SHOW US THE REAL MAN BEHIND THE NAME.

There were SO MANY CHANCES in that Pac film to do it right and they fucked it up. Tremendously. There was just NO DEPTH to any of it and a documentary would better serve his legacy than anything in this movie.

oNE

Last edited:

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
he did not deny it plus lied and said he was born in 1978...smh...i listend a few times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Singleton

Easy mistake. He always claimed to be a 60's baby. A revolutionary child. Pac was too, early 70's. By 78 that was over and done.

faggit was confused trying to deflect

Damn. I'm not trying to stick up for Singleton, he played me years ago when I was a kid in need of a path HOWEVER, I think he was the right black director for the job. Don't know why he would deflect anything. The story is what it is. It might have a backstory too it, it might be misunderstood, it might be completely false. I'm sure Singleton has more of a clue than Benny or LT.

You cant go by him falling out with Pace before hand either, Pac fell out with A LOT of people, some for silly ass trivial reasons because that's what young cats do when they are angry. If Pac had lived on to see his 30's and some more maturity, I'm sure he woulda mended some of those bridges he burnt down on his way to the top.

I love Pac too but every genius, leader, revolutionary, celebrity, self made millionaire has flaws. It doesn't affect his legacy, it makes him that much more stronger.

oNE

keone

International Member
Easy mistake. He always claimed to be a 60's baby. A revolutionary child. Pac was too, early 70's. By 78 that was over and done.

Damn. I'm not trying to stick up for Singleton, he played me years ago when I was a kid in need of a path HOWEVER, I think he was the right black director for the job. Don't know why he would deflect anything. The story is what it is. It might have a backstory too it, it might be misunderstood, it might be completely false. I'm sure Singleton has more of a clue than Benny or LT.

You cant go by him falling out with Pace before hand either, Pac fell out with A LOT of people, some for silly ass trivial reasons because that's what young cats do when they are angry. If Pac had lived on to see his 30's and some more maturity, I'm sure he woulda mended some of those bridges he burnt down on his way to the top.

I love Pac too but every genius, leader, revolutionary, celebrity, self made millionaire has flaws. It doesn't affect his legacy, it makes him that much more stronger.

oNE
bro it was a simple answer tho. either yes i wanted to do that or no the shit hutton ssaid was lies. not giving an answer after nore asked you 3 times says everything.

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
bro it was a simple answer tho. either yes i wanted to do that or no the shit hutton ssaid was lies. not giving an answer after nore asked you 3 times says everything.

hmmm. Maybe.

I just thought he was talking over him. Some shit you don't even justify by answering it, you just ignore it and keep talking. Especially if its some silly shit AND Singleton act like he got some "eyes only info" so he can still do his own Pac film in the future. He wasn't giving up no real info on anything.

oNE

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just think that's some foul ass shit to put in the movie with no proof. Nobody knows if it happened so why tarnish a nigga name like that. It's clear on BGOL tho a lot of niggas think if you get locked up you getting raped so that's why some believing it. Remember the 30 days in the pen or 30 days in the woods thread along with others.

DaAssWatcher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

oNE
What bridges did he burn though?

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
I don't know if it's true, but I heard a crazy ass rape story about Pac. I just chalked it up to ninjas clowning him.

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
John Singleton pretty much said it was true :puke: :smh:

How do you know?

It's not something you'd be proud of

Or should be ashamed of!

It's fucking silly for all these fanboys to assert that Pac was unrapeable. More men are raped in this country than women because America locks more men away than any nation on earth.

There are many ways in which people are victimized by the system. It wouldn't change who Tupac was.

I already said that such a significant life event should not be included in the movie on mere innuendo. But we need to stop revictimizing people who have been abused by feeding into a stigma.

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We all do but unfortunately that piece of shit continues winning.

If her success isn't definitive proof that there's no higher power watching over us and holding us accountable I don't know what is.

Naa she not winning, she's trap inside of a man body for the rest of her life!

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/06/original-all-eyez-on-me-script-written-by-john-singleton-leaks/

Original ‘All Eyez on Me’ Script Written by John Singleton Leaks

Read More: Original ‘All Eyez on Me’ Script Written by John Singleton Leaks - XXL | http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/06/...en-by-john-singleton-leaks/?trackback=tsmclip

The making of the Tupac Shakur biopic, All Eyez on Me, could be a movie within itself, with a number of changes, disagreements and pump fakes going on in the long production process. John Singleton was originally tapped to direct the film, but he eventually parted ways with the project. Now one of his original scripts has made its way to the Internet.

TMZ has obtained a version of the script that ended up getting shot down. The script, titled “Revision Eight,” includes a scene where Tupac is raped in prison, which was apparently at the center of his disagreements with producer L.T. Hutton.

Morgan Creek, the film company who produced the movie, confirmed the version is legit, with Greg Mielcarz telling the celebrity gossip site it’s “one of several versions penned by Mr. Singleton while he was working with Morgan Creek.”

L.T. Hutton and the film’s director Benny Boom discussed the creative differences with Singleton on a recent interview with The Breakfast Club. “The raped in jail stuff—yeah, he wanted to put that in there,” Hutton said. “He wanted to start the movie off with Tupac going in the studio. One guy’s in the studio, and he’s getting head.”

According to TMZ, the scene was approved by ‘Pac’s mother, Afeni Shakur.

All Eyez on Me pulled in big numbers in the box office, raking in $27 million in its first weekend to lead the weekend’s premieres. That is a big difference from Straight Outta Compton, which earned $60 million in its first week.

Despite the big box office sales, the movie has suffered from bad press from some vocal celebrities. Jada Pinkett Smith, 50 Cent and Scarface have blasted the film for not being authentic.

keone

International Member
he did not deny it plus lied and said he was born in 1978...smh...i listend a few times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Singleton

So, you're taking John Singleton's word as fact. . .

. . . and challenging anyone who doesn't believe it?

Damn, son. Sound like you wanted Pac to have been raped in jail.

But everybody knows how it ends :dunno:

I ain't never watched a hip-hop biopic of someone I knew growing up....Aaliyah, 2pac, biggie, 50.... shit is dumb as shit to me. 20 year's later!

They're have solved the murder case but all (except one) of the killer's are dead themselves so they're will never be a trial.

Wish nothing but ill will on that weird looking She-Man.

BbRxqS.jpg

I think there was some controversy there that Singleton wanted to speak on. Could be a whole buncha shit that the public don't know. Therein lies an unadulterated story and an untold story that MANY of fans but also filmgoers would love to see. People are voyeurs. We love drama. We love dirt. We love controversy.

Shoot outs with unnamed parties besides the Police. Street knowledge. Drug dealing. Pac coulda been molested as a kid. The mom and her crack habits. The white girl that took Pac in probably had a bigger role in his life than we know. The poetry. The shy, fearful, timid side of Pac that we see when he's in interviews and not doing his shtick.

Pac wasn't even with gen pop when he was in prison. Doubt very highly that he was raped in prison. I think the rape scene that Singleton speaking on was with the girl. From what I remember, I thought he he was in on it, had sex with her and let the homies have the left overs and that shit went bad. Is that the kinda rape we think of when she claimed rape? No. But he would still get a charge and at that time take the hit.

These types of stories, while not praising the hero of our tale, also lend credit to the realism of the story and the potency of the screenplay itself. That's how awards are won. That's the one thing that Straight Outta Compton lacked. Just one scene with Cube in college and listening to white folks around him talking about movies would've been brilliant. The pay off scene was when he actually sat down to start writing his script. Just one scene of Dre losing his temper on lil Dee would've sealed the deal. One scene showing how much he later regretted that shit would've put it over the top for realness.

Just a few scenes comparable to that for Pac would move the story into a real place. Just a moment of reflection. A moment with the notebook. A moment after the woman that got raped. He was high/ drunk and simply passed out. She was left alone with the wolves. We get it. It happens. The moments with Jada without that horrible ass dialogue would shine better.

Show us the moments where he began to literally transform into he characters he hung around with and the characters he played on screen. Show us the conflict. The spit personality. The insanity in his own head. We all know he was a little off too.

Give us a moment with Pac alone in prison imaging the universe as a whole and the vast amounts of time and space that pushed the limits on his imagination and his dreams. This man had an understanding that was nothing short of amazing.

JUST ONE SCENE TO SHOW US THE REAL MAN BEHIND THE NAME.

There were SO MANY CHANCES in that Pac film to do it right and they fucked it up. Tremendously. There was just NO DEPTH to any of it and a documentary would better serve his legacy than anything in this movie.

oNE

I just think that's some foul ass shit to put in the movie with no proof. Nobody knows if it happened so why tarnish a nigga name like that. It's clear on BGOL tho a lot of niggas think if you get locked up you getting raped so that's why some believing it. Remember the 30 days in the pen or 30 days in the woods thread along with others.

What bridges did he burn though?

A sighting occured in the past.
vlcsnap-2010-08-15-14h01m55s113.png

thanks for the post

I don't know if it's true, but I heard a crazy ass rape story about Pac. I just chalked it up to ninjas clowning him.

Naa she not winning, she's trap inside of a man body for the rest of her life!
no surprise,in his Rebel show the lead fucking a cac

or was about to put out the unadulterated truth (at least how he saw it).

Black Hollyweird...:smh:
"Believe half of what you see, and NONE of what you hear". :dunno:
I'm honestly not at all surprised by any of what these two brothers had to say about the behind the scenes workings in Hollywood.

It really appears that there's no such thing as true Black Unity in Hollywood.
Hollywood knows that pitting Blacks against each other results in the "crabs in a barrel" mentality and keeps the focus off Black strength.
Hell; you've already got Black YouTube personalities complaining about the new Black Panther movie trailer that just came out the other day.:hmm:

I mean, just look at the current "controversy" surrounding Monique and Hollywood's "Gay Black Mafia" (Oprah, Lee Daniels & Tyler Perry).
And God knows the ongoing series of "beefs" in the music industry always sells albums Nas/Jay-Z, Tupac/Biggie, Remy Ma/Nicki Minaj, 50 Cent/Everybody...

Blacks in Hollywood will NEVER get it together. It seem almost everyone of them is jocking for their place at the White man's table...:smh:

We haven't seen this one
It might be trash
Let's wait

Very good interview! Yall should check it out!

Btw....I got family in San Fran. Back in the early 2000s we used to go to some club in LA (cant remember the name), but I used to always see LT. Dude used to always be fresh as fuck in the club. Big boy got style!

yeah....they spoke a lot of truth when they talked about. I remember Ice Cube talked about how he flipped millions after he made the first Friday movie.

Btw....a Marvin Gaye does need to be done. Among a lot of others of other Legends.

Cant wait to see the Pac movie. So far I have only two movies I plan to pay for over the next 8 month. Panther and 2Pac. Hopefully I find more thats worth spending my money on.

Never heard about the rape until I the interview this morning. My gut is telling me that is one of the reasons this version of Pac's life story was green lit. Hollywood never turns down a chance to emasculate a black man especially an icon (whether you think he was or wasn't). This reminds me of the recent book on Malcolm X, a subtle hit peace.

rumours are no truths

its already better than that sick shit john was about to release

how you know its not true? also john started this whole mess

We don't know if they were rumors or not.

Exactly my point. So since it's unclear there is no need to bring It up

pac being raped in prison is old news
:itsawrap:

if pac was actually raped. it would of been documented in the prison records. 2o something years later, no documents , nobody claiming that they were the rapist etc. has been brought to the front.

That rumor started on the Wendy Williams show...that Coke Head Tranny was looking to stir up some shit for more listeners

lol @ "nobody claiming that they were the rapist"

Agreed. Too major a life event to put in a movie with zero proof.

I'll wait until we hear from John Singleton....

I never watched that show, cause the lead is so terrible as an Actress, but the cac fucking thing on that type of show doesn't surprise me in the least

And John has had a man crush on 2pac for a decade

your answer

Damn PAC got raped? Never knew that shit

What recent book? The one by Manning Marable?

:lol: Who would acknowledge that??

in this day and age you never know. but not one person who was in clinton on that tier during pac's stay ever confirm that rumor.

Yep was thinking it was published last year or year before, but actually back in 2011.

Old bullshit rumor nobody raped that boy!

You said he wasn't raped but then call him a "boy" which is code word for being turned out in prison.

how would YOU know??:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know New Yorkers ran with that rumor like crazy

Just look at Lock Up on MSNBC

John Singleton pretty much said it was true :puke: :smh:

How do you know?

It's not something you'd be proud of
TMZ has gotten hold of Singelton’s script, and it does indeed have Afeni in a threesome, and a scene in which 2Pac is badly beaten and implied to be gang raped while in prison.

Check it out:

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Looks like LT Hutton likes John as much as 50 likes LT Hutton

Why even have his mom involved in some shit like that, and she was alive when this happen. Was she supposed to go to the premier?

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
wait...he went from getting raped to getting GANG RAPED???

i aint even a fan like that but naw mayne. thats an unreasonable addition.