Joe Budden got the Caribbean community mad now lol

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yeah man, I really don't get the argument. Hoes have taken over the gym scene with all types of hoery. Some hoes can't wait to put on their gym outfits and setup video and thirst traps for the gram. Hoes will take advantage of anything. Halloween. Carnival. Gym. Beach.

I'm not complaining, I first seen Sibongile Cummings showing the goods at Carnival. :hulksmash2:

Basically, it just looks like Joes getting more popular and mainstream. Whoever took the 7 second clip, was able to get this out to a larger group of Caribbean folks who typically don’t listen to any of his shit. Some of them seem to be more of the conservative ones, at least the ones who are doing well enough to have to put up a front. Joe is the kinda guy to say bitches and hoes all the time. He’s not where snoop dog is with it, but he does talk like that on all his shows. This just means he hit a new level. Also , it’s kinda showing how many Caribbean people are here, and there are enough of em to not wanna be referred to that way. He will have to adjust.

Especially since he apologized already. He didn’t feel like he could blow this off.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
the question is not about the women. its about why do we give a fuck what joe thinks
We don’t — well, I guess someone actually does. The guy has a few platforms that have been picking up steam, hate it or love it.

I personally think state of the culture sucks. I’m not into his podcast but I tune in sometimes. I think he has a following now, and people hear him more than we think. Congrats to him.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
People aint shit. yesterday I saw the saddist shit that this generation ever produced at the skating rink. They got walkers for skaters. More than half the kids were using them and they thought they were doing something.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I was discussing with my wife (Trini) about Joe and what he said. She was upset at it not because of how he described them or anything, but she said the thing that Joe doesn't get and many who view carnival, no matter where it is celebrated, is that it is supposed to be the one time you can celebrate and 'jump up' in a judgment free atmosphere.

Many don't get that aspect and just frown upon carnival as a whole.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol yeah. And that song was a banger.

He seems to be pretty smart with money , cuz he always had cool house, cars, clothes , throughout all this time. I know that don't always mean much, but in his case, he looks to have made decent investments and kept shit coming.

Then he moved on and got into the podcast farm, hosted radio, all that shit way before anyone else and now he's a host of some shit, still getting deals. Gotta give the guy props. Gonna be interesting watching him respond.

As heavy as Joe was on dust and all the other shit, that says a lot.... Even if the early cribs were rentals... They took bread amd credit to rent... And you don't find a lot of dust heads with a nice bed to lay in and going to re-up in nice cars for as long as he was.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was discussing with my wife (Trini) about Joe and what he said. She was upset at it not because of how he described them or anything, but she said the thing that Joe doesn't get and many who view carnival, no matter where it is celebrated, is that it is supposed to be the one time you can celebrate and 'jump up' in a judgment free atmosphere.

Yeah but his comment was a) a joke and b) taken out of context. Joe is not the type of cat to shame women by calling them hoes.... He's dated "video hoes," "stripper hoes," "groupie hoes,".... I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill...

His comment was in no way a judgement or characterization of the culture, but an observation of some of the tourists that go down there

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Yeah but his comment was a) a joke and b) taken out of context. Joe is not the type of cat to shame women by calling them hoes.... He's dated "video hoes," "stripper hoes," "groupie hoes,".... I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill...

His comment was in no way a judgement or characterization of the culture, but an observation of some of the tourists that go down there
I get that, but they don't take it lightly talking about the culture. Plus he said it at midst of carnival season. Had he waited a month or so when it wasn't fresh on everyone minds, maybe they wouldn't of made such a big deal out of it. People still getting thru withdrawals of carnival being over lol.

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Basically, it just looks like Joes getting more popular and mainstream. Whoever took the 7 second clip, was able to get this out to a larger group of Caribbean folks who typically don’t listen to any of his shit. Some of them seem to be more of the conservative ones, at least the ones who are doing well enough to have to put up a front. Joe is the kinda guy to say bitches and hoes all the time. He’s not where snoop dog is with it, but he does talk like that on all his shows. This just means he hit a new level. Also , it’s kinda showing how many Caribbean people are here, and there are enough of em to not wanna be referred to that way. He will have to adjust.

Especially since he apologized already. He didn’t feel like he could blow this off.

Now the agenda feels masked. Was this more about the culture or about calling a woman a hoe for her attire?

Reactions: Jae

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

this fuckin ho displayed her full attention whordom in one sentence

"Well done us. (@joebudden you can @ me you know - we should talk, I don’t know you personally but I am happy to have an open dialogue with you) Well done us. (@joebudden you can @ me you know - we should talk, I don’t know you personally but I am happy to have an open dialogue with you)"

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
this fuckin ho displayed her full attention whordom in one sentence

"Well done us. (@joebudden you can @ me you know - we should talk, I don’t know you personally but I am happy to have an open dialogue with you) Well done us. (@joebudden you can @ me you know - we should talk, I don’t know you personally but I am happy to have an open dialogue with you)"
Lol yeah I caught that too. She just wanted to use his name to pump her shit — the kids call it clout chasing lmao

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
As heavy as Joe was on dust and all the other shit, that says a lot.... Even if the early cribs were rentals... They took bread amd credit to rent... And you don't find a lot of dust heads with a nice bed to lay in and going to re-up in nice cars for as long as he was.
You definitely made that point clearer than I did. Thanks lol. That’s exactly what I was trying to say

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Defuk I really seein' here? Yunno wha...I'll keep this short.

I won't bother going into the depths of history on this, the Catholic origins nor the fact that religious control has never had anything but the most tenuous hold on human nature. I won't explain about African, Indian, French and Spanish creole influences on our heritage and culture. I won't bother refuting whatever "ADOS" divisive stupidities inevitably try jumping in to these conversations. I won't point out Minshall, Hart, nor any number of other mas designers over the years that have made Carnival the high art that it is.

What I'll point out is this: our thing is our thing. A lot of you will see it through various lenses, not the least of which are the (comparatively) watered down festivals where Caribbean people have settled in North American and Europe, and the fact that most of you idiot tourists frequently confuse sensuality with sexual activity. Anybody who's ever had a Caribbean spouse with minimal emotional hangups(there will always be the religious idiots and other outliers) will tell you otherwise.

Our thing is what it is. If you want to let crackhead Joe Budden be your guidepost for our thing - or anything else; why the hell anybody would listen to that fool is beyond me - that's on you. As usual, Americans will try to tack on their Puritanism-influenced blindness to our thing, and try to make people feel guilty for enjoying themselves. If you need further evidence of that try thinking back for however long Americans have tried to make women feel a way about wining on other men in a fete. That's on you if you choose to feel that way. It is literally mental slavery, and we want no part of it. Budden can go fold up under his harlot and stay outta grown people business.

Women from everywhere go to Carnival because they realize they can simply enjoy themselves without judgement and stalking from the rest of you who act like they've never seen a naked woman. They go to be themselves. It is the essence of freedom, and I'm not being hyperbolic nor metaphorical in saying that. We have no problem with welcoming people. What we will never do is let you try to shame us for being ourselves, nor our guests. This ain't Dubai. Quit with the fearmongering and go do something constructive.
I would really like to be educated on the origins of Carnival from a native (you seem like a native Caribbean brother).

I love traveling to Caribbean islands, but I have never been to any Carnival.

Last month I was in Panama City, Panama and @bermyshotta told me that there was gonna be some Carnival activities but I missed it

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
I would really like to be educated on the origins of Carnival from a native (you seem like a native Caribbean brother).

Last month I was in Panama City, Panama and @bermyshotta told me that there was gonna be some Carnival activities but I missed it
If you look at the op, tbe ig post talks about it.

But carnival itself is a Christian festival before lent. Pagan roots before that, but basically wiling out before you fast on those things for Lent. Mardi gras is a carnival. There's events all over the world , but we know about the Black ones, particularly in Trinidad and in Brazil. Slaves on the island participated once free. There's more in her post

Last edited:

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People aint shit. yesterday I saw the saddist shit that this generation ever produced at the skating rink. They got walkers for skaters. More than half the kids were using them and they thought they were doing something.
That's the best invention ever.

I never learned how to skate as a child, I need those walkers for safety. I gotta go to work the next day!

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

But carnival itself is a Christian festival before lent. Pagan roots before that, but basically wiling out before you fast on those things for Lent. Mardi gras is a carnival. There's events all over the world , but we know about the Black ones, particulay in Trinidad and in Brazil. Slaves on the island participted once free. There's more in her post
Details fam, more details. Thanks for this tho.

I'm looking for a credible source for the historical facts and the different multicultural origins and the influence of each.

I love to learn about the African diaspora in different places. It amazes me how wherever we were dropped off or migrated to we have developed THE BEST, RICHEST CULTURE!

Maybe I'm biased because I'm black :lol:
I love my black people!!!

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I never been to Trinidad carnival but I used to grind up on ass on Eastern parkway labor day parade and Joe Budden can fuck off.

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We don’t — well, I guess someone actually does. The guy has a few platforms that have been picking up steam, hate it or love it.

I personally think state of the culture sucks. I’m not into his podcast but I tune in sometimes. I think he has a following now, and people hear him more than we think. Congrats to him.

me too. it sucks. and im a heavy podcast listener. I gain zero from his podcast. So your right maybe in my bubble the only question would be joe who, and why care. But apparently people care. It took over my time line on ig.

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

But carnival itself is a Christian festival before lent. Pagan roots before that, but basically wiling out before you fast on those things for Lent. Mardi gras is a carnival. There's events all over the world , but we know about the Black ones, particularly in Trinidad and in Brazil. Slaves on the island participated once free. There's more in her post

This is factual. I just came back from Rio and Salavador carnival. Been to Trinidad carnival 11 times. All three are different because the French Christians brought it to TNT and the Portuguese Christians brought it to Brazil. So they celebrate different. Shit like Jouvert in Trinidad is cuz of the French.

BTW a fun fact. A laughable fact actually. Did yall know that only 31k tourists went to Trinidad this year for carnival. 1.5 million went to Rio carnival alone. Another million tourists to salvador. So when we see the internet going crazy cuz of something a werid dude said we gotta really let the who gives a fuck kick in. Super tiny carnival, hated on by a irrelevant to carnival guy dude.

Capo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
it is supposed to be the one time you can celebrate and 'jump up' in a judgment free atmosphere.

That sounds like a license to act like a 'ho' for a day. Judgment free though.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
That sounds like a license to act like a 'ho' for a day. Judgment free though.
You know, in all my years, I've yet to see a woman at carnival, in costume, bend over, spread her pussy, and fuck a bunch of random dudes.

But if you call dancing against a bunch of random strangers, being a hoe, then I understand.

There's thousands of women showing their tits at Mardi Gras in New Orleans, I could say is the American equivalent somewhat to the crazyness that goes on with West Indian carnivals. But no one calls women like that hoes.

They're just having a good time. Right?

Last edited:

Capo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You know, in all my years, I've yet to see a woman at carnival, in costume, bend over, spread her pussy, and fuck a bunch of random dudes.

But if you call dancing against a bunch of random strangers, being a hoe, then I understand.

There's thousands of women showing their tits at Mardi Gras in New Orleans, I could say is the American equivalent somewhat to the crazyness that goes on with West Indian carnivals. But no one calls women like that hoes.

They're just having a good time. Right?
No, they are acting like hoes at Mardi Gras too. I'm not calling them prostitutes. Acting like a ho doesn't have to involve fucking.

Don't misunderstand me. I have zero problem with carnival. I love the costumes and the women dancing and the music. I have been talking about going to Trinidad carnival for a few months. Hopefully, I'll get there in the next few years. It's a must do for me. I just got back from Barranquilla and went to a precarnival parade down there. Shit is amazing. I'm not attacking carnival if that's what it seems like.

It just sounds like permission to act however you want without anyone judging is a more politically correct way to say what Budden said.

Wobble Wobble

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why you are fixated on outfits? Where did you get robbed from? It's a celebration, we having a good time..We got free from slavery..WE laugh, cry and jump for joy!!!!

Here is song for you

WOW did you post Lord Nelson? Wow. Next thing you gonna post Lord Shorty or my "uncle" Birdie (pops Wobble Wobble used to run with The Mighty Sparrow in the 60s and 70s. Spoke to him when pops died four years ago).
Details fam, more details. Thanks for this tho.

I'm looking for a credible source for the historical facts and the different multicultural origins and the influence of each.

I love to learn about the African diaspora in different places. It amazes me how wherever we were dropped off or migrated to we have developed THE BEST, RICHEST CULTURE!

Maybe I'm biased because I'm black :lol:
I love my black people!!!
how he described them or anything, but she said the thing that Joe doesn't get and many who view carnival, no matter where it is celebrated, is that it is supposed to be the one time you can celebrate and 'jump up' in a judgment free atmosphere.

Many don't get that aspect and just frown upon carnival as a whole.[/QUOTE]

People got to chill. The first time I saw the Zulu Parade in New Orleans, I u derstood. When I saw the Indians, I understood. From that to Joookano in Bahamas, to John Canoe in Jamaica, to Tuk Tuk and Kadooment in Barbados, they are all one thing: the Black man and woman rrying to make sense of a fucked up world that enslaved them. You've got Bomba in Puerto Rico, Gumbay in a bunch of islands, aint that much different from Mardi Gras Indians.

Last edited:

bermyshotta

International
International Member

Yeah bro shit get real wild.Girls get loose.They just started carnaval in bermuda bout5 years ago but it in the summer.