Joe Budden got the Caribbean community mad now lol

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
What's also funny is how they're also trying to ay the angle of how AFRICAN it is, meanwhile the carnival in Africa is conservative as fuck. And Africans generation thinkkts the Americans and Caribbeans who are freaky and wild lol.

FOH, I've seen an African festival.posted on this board with women with tiddies out..... Literally.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
FOH, I've seen an African festival.posted on this board with women with tiddies out..... Literally.
most african cultures do not fetishise breasts

how many African festivals celebrations rituals have you ever seen women and men dancing together?

How many had women and men grinding on each other?

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
dont be ignorant.... most african cultures do not fetishise breasts

how many African festivals celebrations rituals have you ever seen women and men dancing together?

How many had women and men grinding on each other?

Ignorance is your one-sided view. So you can't see the West indians grinding as non-sexual but tiddies out isn't?
I don't follow African festivals, or its culture but if I did and there were men and women grinding on each other I would chalk it up as their culture.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yes. But because of non sexualized tribal norms and rituals.. Nothing like the hyper sexual and overly costumed gyrating antics of carnival. Lets not force false equivalency.

That's just part of the carnival dancing. This shit ain't new like twerking in America. These festivals have been around for decades. The dancing may have gotten more provocative but it's more of attention whoring. I'm sure you've seen west Indians dance to soca or dancehall.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That's just part of the carnival dancing. This shit ain't new like twerking in America. These festivals have been around for decades. The dancing may have gotten more provocative but it's more of attention whoring. I'm sure you've seen west Indians dance to soca or dancehall.
No doubt. I dont have a problem with any of it. Im just noting that its different than the traditional african ceremonies you referenced.

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Director X explaining this video to media outlet Billboard. I guess it's always a culture clash with West Indies and North America.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...rake-work-video-interview-west-indian-culture

"We're a proud culture and we love people to be a part of it ... there's always a part of us that's proud to put ourselves on display."

You have helmed reggae and dancehall visuals before from the likes of Kardinal Offishall to Mavado. What's key to conjuring the right island vibes?

I'm a West Indian. I'm from Toronto and you know Drake is. My mother's from Trinidad. The whole city, there's really West Indians all over the place. It's just part of what it means to live and grow up there. That's why Drake gets it. And then Rihanna herself is West Indian. We're a proud culture and we love people to be a part of it and we're also a worldwide culture so there's always a part of us that's proud to put ourselves on display.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Ignorance is your one-sided view. So you can't see the West indians grinding as non-sexual but tiddies out isn't?
I don't follow African festivals, or its culture but if I did and there were men and women grinding on each other I would chalk it up as their culture.
are you serious?

look - the argument wasn't about what I or you or op thinks
it is about the respective cultures - most african cultures do not fetishise breasts - period
(but I and most on this board sure as fuck do)

vs
women dancing with men -whining / grinding is sensual not sexual in most caribbean cultures
Trini culture does not expect that sensual always becomes sexual - but its ok when it does

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
False equivalency? I wasn't the one that brought up the African culture in comparison.
op:
What's also funny is how they're also trying to ay the angle of how AFRICAN it is, meanwhile the carnival in Africa is conservative as fuck. And Africans generation thinkkts the Americans and Caribbeans who are freaky and wild lol.
your reply:

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
are you serious?

look - the argument wasn't about what I or you or op thinks
it is about the respective cultures - most african cultures do not fetishise breasts - period
(but I and most on this board sure as fuck do)

vs
women dancing with men -whining / grinding is sensual not sexual in most caribbean cultures
Trini culture does not expect that sensual always becomes sexual - but its ok when it does

You're beating yourself with your own argument

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
ain't shit got more provocative... as far as I can tell we always got down like that

shit saw my parents and older generations throwing down when I was a kid

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Y’all better stop playing wit my Trini Folk
We love em. Joe loves em. He was talking about Maya and Ashanti- two American women-- basically using their names to represent the flood of American women flying down, or hitting up a festival here, as them taking a chance to be slutty . And he's right. No one's mad that they're down to show their bodies. That's what we're on this board for. But come the fuck on--

Lol but I'm sure you get it. Biggup Trinis.

Also the other Caribbean folks need to chill with that "typical Americans ain't got no culture" just cuz one guy said some shit they ain't like. Whoever says that is corny.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We love em. Joe loves em. He was talking about Maya and Ashanti- two American women-- basically using their names to represent the flood of American women flying down, or hitting up a festival here, as them taking a chance to be slutty . And he's right. No one's mad that they're down to show their bodies. That's what we're on this board for. But come the fuck on--

Lol but I'm sure you get it. Biggup Trinis.

Also the other Caribbean folks need to chill with that "typical Americans ain't got no culture" just cuz one guy said some shit they ain't like. Whoever says that is corny.
Wait before I even go even further

Are u West Indian or trini or Haitian?

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor
So sick of people getting sensitive over words. The nigga probably meant people like Ashanti and Mya go down there just to be hoes. Whatever he meant so fucking what...it ain't that serious.
How this nigga managed to stay relevant with one mainstream single 16 years ago is beyond me
Joe was one of the first rappers to adopt social media as vehicle to stay revelant. BuddensTV is a pioneer to all this fuck shit you see today.

2 ONE 3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So sick of people getting sensitive over words. The nigga probably meant people like Ashanti and Mya go down there just to be hoes. Whatever he meant so fucking what...it ain't that serious.

Joe was one of the first rappers to adopt social media as vehicle to stay revelant. BuddensTV is a pioneer to all this fuck shit you see today.

Did not know that. He saw the shit early huh. His greatest contribution to the culture is bringing the word “jump off” to the mainstream

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Did not know that. He saw the shit early huh. His greatest contribution to the culture is bringing the word “jump off” to the mainstream
Lol yeah. And that song was a banger.

Then when that deal went to shit (mostly because Jay Z didn't like him and he beasted J in a Battle-- also because he's crazy)

Joe had the good sense to get out of that deal and do his own thing digitally indie.

He also got into slaughterhouse, one of the illest lyrical groups EVER- But they didn't sell shit. But they were signed to Eminem so they were close enough to that to stay relevant

All the while he took advantage of YouTube and showed him and his girls day to day on the house. That's how we know Tahiri and all the other bad chicks he put on. Finally they put him on the format that he created-- love and hip-hop NYC.

He seems to be pretty smart with money , cuz he always had cool house, cars, clothes , throughout all this time. I know that don't always mean much, but in his case, he looks to have made decent investments and kept shit coming.

Then he moved on and got into the podcast farm, hosted radio, all that shit way before anyone else and now he's a host of some shit, still getting deals. Gotta give the guy props. Gonna be interesting watching him respond.

2 ONE 3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol yeah. And that song was a banger.

Then when that deal went to shit (mostly because Jay Z didn't like him and he beasted J in a Battle-- also because he's crazy)

Joe had the good sense to get out of that deal and do his own thing digitally indie.

He also got into slaughterhouse, one of the illest lyrical groups EVER- But they didn't sell shit. But they were signed to Eminem so they were close enough to that to stay relevant

All the while he took advantage of YouTube and showed him and his girls day to day on the house. That's how we know Tahiri and all the other bad chicks he put on. Finally they put him on the format that he created-- love and hip-hop NYC.

He seems to be pretty smart with money , cuz he always had cool house, cars, clothes , throughout all this time. I know that don't always mean much, but in his case, he looks to have made decent investments and kept shit coming.

Then he moved on and got into the podcast farm, hosted radio, all that shit way before anyone else and now he's a host of some shit, still getting deals. Gotta give the guy props. Gonna be interesting watching him respond.

Like Jay said...

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Hoes will take any opportunity to be hoes. Look at halloween.
Yeah man, I really don't get the argument. Hoes have taken over the gym scene with all types of hoery. Some hoes can't wait to put on their gym outfits and setup video and thirst traps for the gram. Hoes will take advantage of anything. Halloween. Carnival. Gym. Beach.

I'm not complaining, I first seen Sibongile Cummings showing the goods at Carnival. :hulksmash2: