cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
This might be the best one
139722659_3881824461913906_3736390216294043770_n.jpg

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
I agree with that quote. This is why I would never recruit others to put other people down to convince anyone of my value. I state facts. Where did I lie? Your problem is, facts against people you admire trigger you. Instead of just saying, "yep, all of that is true. But, I'm still rocking with my team." You get emotional.

Facts shouldn't hurt you brother. Joe is old and he falls asleep. So what? I'm young and I fall asleep. Lol!!

Kamala was sleeping with a man who influenced her career. So what? I would have helped her too if I was him and I was hitting it. Besides, white and Asian women been doing this since the beginning of time.

No big deal.

He was a Mayor at his best and she's Vice President. She's way more successful than he ever was at a much younger age. That's just some black woman hater shit. Does she look like she needed his old ass? Facts my ass. That tight ass MAGA hat squeezing yo brain dude. I'm done Bro.

“Yes, we dated. It was more than 20 years ago. Yes, I may have influenced her career by appointing her to two state commission when I was Assembly speaker.” Brown was speaker of the California State Assembly for 15 years. It was during the same period during which, he appointed Harris to the Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board and the California Medical Assistance Commission.

"The difference is that Harris is the only one who, after I helped her, sent word that I would be indicted if I 'so much as jaywalked' while she was D.A.,” Brown wrote. "That's politics for ya."

On the contrary, Harris called Brown an “albatross hanging around my neck”. She told SF Weekly in 2003, "His career is over. I will be alive and kicking for the next 40 years. I do not owe him a thing."

freepressjournal%2F2020-08%2Fde18d70a-5a18-4a4a-983b-914eab9f9146%2F081020_2113_1.jpg

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
You people have been sweating about a right wing revolution!! These people
are naive, cowardly and full of shit. I said that absolutely nothing would happen.
I grew up in Southern African, saw personal friends and class mates disappear
and go to war against cacs. This is not a hobby you exercise one day and return
to your pizza delivery job tomorrow. Once you take up arms, you will either die,
or be on the winning side. There is never any other alternative. The fools who
attacked the capitol are going in for many years; they will emerge hardened
felons with criminal records after 10 or more years. The MOFOs have not come
to terms with that fact. With Orange not pardoning them, tonight will be hard
as they start realising what is ahead. There will be despondence; there will be a
whole lot of tears in those cells, when 35-year old cacs realise that their assured
prospects in life have been dashed forever, and they are facing the likelihood
of being in the can until age 45 or 55

I agree but Fed jail doesn't have many harden criminals that are not on 24 hour lock down.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

Donald Trump returned to private life on Wednesday after spending four years as America's president -- and is now dealing with legal crises that are catching up to him.

"The law firm that handled the tax affairs of Donald Trump and his company during his presidency said it would stop representing him and his business," The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday. "The firm, Morgan Lewis & Bockius, is currently wrangling with the New York attorney general's office over documents related to its work for the former president's business, the Trump Organization. Led by Democratic Attorney General Letitia James, the office is conducting a civil-fraud probe into Mr. Trump's financial dealings."

"Morgan Lewis joins other firms that have distanced themselves from Mr. Trump in recent days. After the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, Seyfarth Shaw LLP said it had notified the Trump Organization it would no longer represent the company," the newspaper reported.

Tired of ads? Want to support our progressive journalism? Click to learn more.
Trump was represented by Sheri Dillon, a partner at the firm.

"The New York attorney general's office in August asked a judge to order Morgan Lewis and Ms. Dillon to comply with subpoenas that were part of its civil-fraud probe. The attorney general's office argued the firm had refused to hand over substantive communications between Ms. Dillon and key Trump Organization employees. Morgan Lewis said the documents in question were protected by attorney-client privilege," the newspaper reported. During the deposition, Ms. Dillon said she had no idea how many times she met with Mr. Trump's son Eric Trump about Seven Springs, a Trump estate in New York's Westchester County that is part of the attorney general's probe, the letter said."

The newspaper published a statement from the law firm."We have had a limited representation of the Trump Organization and Donald Trump in tax-related matters," a Morgan Lewis spokesperson said. "For those matters not already concluded, we are transitioning as appropriate to other counsel."

James vowed in December to "follow the facts wherever they may lead us" after winning a court victory against the Trump Organization.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Trump Tax Law Firm Ends Work for Ex-President
Morgan Lewis has battled New York attorney general’s office over its probe of Trump Organization

im-288421

Morgan Lewis partner Sheri Dillon appeared at a press conference with Donald Trump before he took office in January 2017.
PHOTO: DON EMMERT/AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE/GETTY IMAGES
By
Corinne Ramey
Jan. 21, 2021 1:06 pm ET

The law firm that handled the tax affairs of Donald Trump and his company during his presidency said it would stop representing him and his business.

The firm, Morgan Lewis & Bockius, is currently wrangling with the New York attorney general’s office over documents related to its work for the former president’s business, the Trump Organization. Led by Democratic Attorney General Letitia James, the office is conducting a civil-fraud probe into Mr. Trump’s financial dealings.

“We have had a limited representation of the Trump Organization and Donald Trump in tax-related matters,” a Morgan Lewis spokeswoman said. “For those matters not already concluded, we are transitioning as appropriate to other counsel.”

The spokeswoman didn’t provide a reason for the firm’s decision.

The news of the week in context, with Tyler Blint-Welsh.

I would also like to receive updates and special offers from Dow Jones and affiliates. I can unsubscribe at any time.I agree to the Privacy Policy and

Morgan Lewis joins other firms that have distanced themselves from Mr. Trump in recent days. After the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, Seyfarth Shaw LLP said it had notified the Trump Organization it would no longer represent the company. “We are working with the company to secure new counsel for its ongoing commercial matters to ensure a smooth transition in accordance with our ethical obligations,” a Seyfarth spokesman said.

A lawyer for the Trump Organization didn’t respond to a request for comment. A Trump Organization spokeswoman has previously said Ms. James’s probe is politically motivated.

Sheri Dillon, a tax lawyer for Mr. Trump, has been a partner at Morgan Lewis since 2015, according to her LinkedIn profile.

Ms. Dillon has represented Mr. Trump and the Trump Organization since 2005, according to a 2016 letter released by the Trump campaign. In that letter, Ms. Dillon said Mr. Trump’s tax returns dating to 2009 were under audit by the Internal Revenue Service, providing a rationale that the former president has often cited for keeping much of his financial information secret.

Most of Ms. Dillon’s work for Mr. Trump has taken place not in court but behind the scenes. She briefly stepped into the spotlight at a 2017 news conference with the then-president elect to announce a plan to avoid conflicts of interest. The plan involved placing his assets into a trust and relinquishing control of his business to his two adult sons.

Morgan Lewis’s decision was earlier reported by the American Lawyer.

The New York attorney general’s office in August asked a judge to order Morgan Lewis and Ms. Dillon to comply with subpoenas that were part of its civil-fraud probe. The attorney general’s office argued the firm had refused to hand over substantive communications between Ms. Dillon and key Trump Organization employees. Morgan Lewis said the documents in question were protected by attorney-client privilege.

The attorney general’s office has also accused Ms. Dillon of refusing to answer questions regarding basic facts about her work. In a letter to New York State Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron late last year, a lawyer for the attorney general’s office included some of Ms. Dillon’s answers from a recent deposition.

During the deposition, Ms. Dillon said she had no idea how many times she met with Mr. Trump’s son Eric Trump about Seven Springs, a Trump estate in New York’s Westchester County that is part of the attorney general’s probe, the letter said. It also said she had no recollection of a 2014 phone call with Donald Trump and Cushman & Wakefield about a Trump golf course. She said she couldn’t remember, beyond one person, if she had worked with Morgan Lewis associates on the Seven Springs project, according to the letter.

im-288418

Sheri Dillon has represented the Trump Organization since 2005.
PHOTO: BRYAN R. SMITH/BLOOMBERG NEWS

Lawyers for Morgan Lewis and Ms. Dillon have said in court papers that the attorney general’s dispute is with the Trump Organization, not the firm or Ms. Dillon. “Any attempt by [the office of the attorney general] to compel Morgan Lewis and Attorney Dillon to breach their ethical obligations to [the Trump Organization] is grossly inappropriate,” the lawyers wrote.

Earlier this week, Justice Engoron ordered Morgan Lewis to turn over some documents in question that he had reviewed privately. The order didn’t make it clear which documents, or how many, the firm was required to give the attorney general.

The Manhattan district attorney’s office, which is conducting the only known criminal probe of Mr. Trump and his company, is also investigating Seven Springs, The Wall Street Journal reported last week, citing people familiar with the matter. Manhattan prosecutors have subpoenaed tax assessments and other documents about Seven Springs, which Mr. Trump bought for $7.5 million in 1995 and in 2012 said was worth almost $300 million as he tried to develop it into a luxury residential community. Inflating assets to help secure loans or other financial benefits can be a state criminal offense, legal experts said.