Joe Biden is now POTUS

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
9695670.gif
:cool:

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I'm not. I'm just not being too confident and I know that Trump was uniquely unpalatable to many whites that might be ok with a Mitt Romney type Republican.

The problem with a mitt Romney type of Republican is that there are no more large numbers of middle of the road Republicans left in this country......in the 80s and 90s there was quite a few but now They are not too many.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
The problem with a mitt Romney type of Republican is that there are no more large numbers of middle of the road Republicans left in this country......in the 80s and 90s there was quite a few but now They are not too many.

I'm not sure of that. I need to see a national election with a "moderate" type of Republican first before I conclude that the world is completely different now. On the right wing sites, they're saying they're done with Establishment RINOs but it's still early and they're salty about trump losing. That's what Cruz and Hawley are counting on. We'll see.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Republicans won Ohio by 8 points and Florida by nearly 4 points. And this is with historic record turnouts. Nothing about that screams swing states to me. Dems need to let Ohio and Florida go. Lost causes there.

:yes:
Trump made big gains with Latinos across the board despite his rhetoric and actions. If the GOP goes back to having a more sane candidate and having a "Latino Night" at their convention like they did in 2000, I think those gains will offset the loss of some of the crazies that came out exclusively for Trump.

Like someone else said, if the Democrats don't deliver I think you will see the same type of apathy for the midterms that we saw for the 2016 general election. GOP has stopped actually trying to court the Black vote, their main goal is suppression and generating apathy by helping to spread the "both sides" and "don't vote" bullshit.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
I'm not. I'm just not being too confident and I know that Trump was uniquely unpalatable to many whites that might be ok with a Mitt Romney type Republican.

Yeah man. I feel like the Democrats need to construct a whole new map and just write Ohio and FL off.
Again I disagree with you on Florida.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
:yes:
Trump made big gains with Latinos across the board despite his rhetoric and actions. If the GOP goes back to having a more sane candidate and having a "Latino Night" at their convention like they did in 2000, I think those gains will offset the loss of some of the crazies that came out exclusively for Trump.

Like someone else said, if the Democrats don't deliver I think you will see the same type of apathy for the midterms that we saw for the 2016 general election. GOP has stopped actually trying to court the Black vote, their main goal is suppression and generating apathy by helping to spread the "both sides" and "don't vote" bullshit.

Someone has to stay in Biden's and the DNC's ears that they won control of everything on the back of the black vote and they need to deliver to their real base..... if they start chasing those ghost rural whites voters :smh:

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Someone has to stay in Biden's and the DNC's ears that they won control of everything on the back of the black vote and they need to deliver to their real base..... if they start chasing those ghost rural whites voters :smh:

Rural white voters are the white whale for the Democrats. It makes no sense to pursue them and not mobilize your actual base. It is insanity...

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Rural white voters are the white whale for the Democrats. It makes no sense to pursue them and not mobilize your actual base. It is insanity..
The rural white voter population is Shrinking in size and Trump really screwed them over especially the ones who owned farms so the Democrats just step to them and say you could either work with us or You can have another Trump.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Army is now acknowledging that Lt. Gen. Charles Flynn, the brother of President Donald Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn, was in the room for one of the key January 6 phone calls in which DC government and US Capitol Police were asking for National Guard troops to quell the unfolding violence at the US Capitol.

The Washington Post reports that the Army "falsely denied for days that Lt. Gen. Charles A. Flynn" was involved in the key meetings. One of the officials who was on the call told CNN in the days following the insurrection at the Capitol that Flynn was not on the calls, but the military did not confirm his participation until Wednesday.

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

GOP is terrified of all the facts like these that will come out in a Senate trial.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
The Army is now acknowledging that Lt. Gen. Charles Flynn, the brother of President Donald Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn, was in the room for one of the key January 6 phone calls in which DC government and US Capitol Police were asking for National Guard troops to quell the unfolding violence at the US Capitol.

The Washington Post reports that the Army "falsely denied for days that Lt. Gen. Charles A. Flynn" was involved in the key meetings. One of the officials who was on the call told CNN in the days following the insurrection at the Capitol that Flynn was not on the calls, but the military did not confirm his participation until Wednesday.

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

GOP is terrified of all the facts like these that will come out in a Senate trial.
Those motherfuckers really tried to do a coup :smh::smh:

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sanders wasn't calling for white riots but all his talk of reaching out to white working class voters was his attempt to change the fact that the Dem party's base are Black voters.

Fuck him!!

Nope, that's not it. check your history on this one. The white working class in the '60s & '70s were more Democratic-leaning. This is also during the heyday of the American Labor unions. That started to change in the late '70s and into the '80s as more Manufacturing jobs began to leave the country due to competition from more modern plants and cheaper labor in other parts of the world. The Reagan years saw a lot of anti-union strategy by the GOP. That lost a lot of white working-class Americans to the GOP. Of course, this has been a disaster for working-class America especially in the Red States where we see a devotion to a party whose core principles keep these people near-poverty or in it, deprives them of healthcare, and decent education. Of course, economic disenfranchisement is a breeding ground for radicalism and fanaticism. If you look at the places in the Midwest and the old Democratic Blue Wall what you see is a lot of Saltine Militia activity. It would be better for the party, in general, to get some of those voters back because it would make it easier to win elections that's all there is to it.

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Man if you would of told me this thread would move as fast as a twitter timeline i wouldn't of believed you. But dammit this thread is always flying.

I can’t even try to keep up with this thread, just parachute in once a day and nod my head in agreement for a few minutes.

Props to @Spectrum as always :cool:

Appreciate all the posters in here sharing their insights as well.

Nope, that's not it. check your history on this one. The white working class in the '60s & '70s were more Democratic-leaning. This is also during the heyday of the American Labor unions. That started to change in the late '70s and into the '80s as more Manufacturing jobs began to leave the country due to competition from more modern plants and cheaper labor in other parts of the world. The Reagan years saw a lot of anti-union strategy by the GOP. That lost a lot of white working-class Americans to the GOP. Of course, this has been a disaster for working-class America especially in the Red States where we see a devotion to a party whose core principles keep these people near-poverty or in it, deprives them of healthcare, and decent education. Of course, economic disenfranchisement is a breeding ground for radicalism and fanaticism. If you look at the places in the Midwest and the old Democratic Blue Wall what you see is a lot of Saltine Militia activity. It would be better for the party, in general, to get some of those voters back because it would make it easier to win elections that's all there is to it.

Folks on BGOL love pretending Bernie is some virulent racist... shit is actually hilarious lol.

older version

A version older
Registered
This shit is just laughable at this point we are not even through day one. One time it was we were going to get 2 stacks in addition to the $600 now its $1400. One day its a simple majority now its a power sharing agreement.

No
The Truth is that $2000 was being championed for the December deal. $2000 is an estimate for what
will help most. The December deal and the amount was not in stone. After congress and Trump passed
a deal for $600, the $2000 Target didn't change to $2600, it stayed $2000 so that is why a new deal is
being worked on for an additional $1400.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Republicans can always count on some group to pick up the slack of a waning constituent.