Joe Biden is now POTUS

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
I don't know about yall but I'm going to enjoy the fuck out of this. There are 5 stages of grief. Trumpanzees are in the first stage of grief: denial. We have anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance left. I'm going to enjoy watching them suffer through all the stages. I'll stay drunk off the white tears.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
I've been saying something similar. I wouldn't doubt that he resigns his presidency during the lame duck period for two big reasons..

1) He doesn't have to be involved in the transfer of power.
2) Pence can pardon him of all fed charges. That still leaves some start charges and I wouldn't doubt if he goes overseas somewhere with no extradition. Sounds extreme, but it keeps the law off his ass, AND he can pretend like he's the legitimate president in exile.

His ego won't let him resign. He'll self-pardon. He doesn't need Pence to do it. I reviewed this a lot during the Mueller probe. It's opaque but there is nothing in the constitution that says a POTUS can't self-pardon. Pardon powers are truly the only thing that gives the Potus king-like powers and congress can do nothing about it.

He'll pardon himself and his family. That won't help him in New York and that's why he won't give anyone the satisfaction of resigning. He'll leave office still saying it was stolen from him.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think my work is done...

I'm in the office and I'm Closing all of the many many state elections sites that I've been on since Tuesday..

The Fonz can finally rest...

It's over.
You've done well Major

tenor.gif

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
His ego won't let him resign. He'll self-pardon. He doesn't need Pence to do it. I reviewed this a lot during the Mueller probe. It's opaque but there is nothing in the constitution that says a POTUS can't self-pardon. Pardon powers are truly the only thing that gives the Potus king-like powers and congress can do nothing about it.

He'll pardon himself and his family. That won't help him in New York and that's why he won't give anyone the satisfaction of resigning. He'll leave office still saying it was stolen from him.
How can you pardon yourself without being indicted on anything?

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
How can you pardon yourself without being indicted on anything?

Pardon powers are broad and limitless. The POTUS can offer himself a blanket self-pardon that pretty much insulates him from federal crimes that might have happened during or before his presidency. The POTUS can pardon someone even before they're charged if he wants to. Governors have limitations.. the POTUS truly doesn't when it comes to pardoning powers. I read up on this shit a lot during the Mueller Investigation. It's crazy that some of this shit hasn't been reformed. All it took was someone who didn't respect the norms. Man had this dude won a second term we would have been in real trouble :smh:

He wasn't supposed to be able to commute Roger Stone's sentence because Trump was a co-conspirator but those powers are so broad that there is really nothing Congress can do. That was a "norm" and not actually hard-coded into the constitution.