Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz 2 Dec 7 Saudi Arabia (Main Event Start - 4pm ET / 1pm PT)

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Low ball.. :hmm: please no way in hell Al Haymon was letting him fight AJ on DAZN.

Last edited:

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Low ball.. :hmm: please no way in hell Al Haymon was letting him fight AJ on DAZN.

Gonna say it again...any fighter who doesnt take this fight is suspect as hell...unless you straight up haven't been training at all and heavy as hell

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Oh ok so now it’s Luis Ortiz fault and PBC’s fault. Lollllll
He should have been offered the fight over Miller in the first place.
Matchroom should blame themselves for bypassing Ortiz and giving Miller the shot instead.
Why isn’t anyone addressing why Ortiz wasn’t the FIRST choice to begin with?

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A few months ago

Luis Ortiz has had his name in the hat for facing several heavyweights, including world champions. So, while he doesn’t expect it to happen, he says he’ll have no problem stepping in and facing Joshua — even if it meant moving the fight back to April and back to London.

“Listen [Joshua], I heard you mention my name two weeks ago and I didn’t feel like responding because maybe like Whyte and [Joe] Joyce, you were just using my name to show you got some cojones which I believe you do,” Ortiz said. “But just in case, maybe Eddie hasn’t informed you that my manager has already reached out to him. It was last month before you made that comment about me and advised him I’m available. So look, if you want to fight I’m here and stop saying I priced myself out because I’ve never had no offers to fight you.

“The only reason I am trying to reach out to you like this is because maybe just maybe your people don’t relay you the truth so here it is papa,” Ortiz said. “Now the ball is in your court. In my world I’m the boss. Don’t get me wrong I listen to my advisers and promoters but at the end everyone knows we make the last call so just let me know ASAP. Your people know how to get a hold of my people.”

With all respect to you for all you have done, I’ll fight you for just about any money you offer me so if you can’t work out the Miller fight, I’m here and ready. I’ll fight you in the USA or UK. It’s on you and if you think you’re that good and want to test yourself who better than me? Wilder and Fury are not available and I believe in my heart to be the best you must face the best.

https://www.fightsports.tv/ortiz-ill-fight-joshua-if-miller-pulls-out/

Now today the reason they can't fight is because of a Low ball offer.. lol Ok cool.

Who is up next. Michael Hunter or Andy Ruiz Jr?

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
A few months ago

https://www.fightsports.tv/ortiz-ill-fight-joshua-if-miller-pulls-out/

Now today the reason they can't fight is because of a Low ball offer.. lol Ok cool.

Who is up next. Michael Hunter or Andy Ruiz Jr?
Lomachenko also said he’d fight Getvonta Davis for free a few weeks ago.
That means nothing because we all know that’s not remotely possible.
It’s not Ortiz job to save a card by accepting a “verbal” offer of peanuts.
He was never going to get the fight.
It’s likely Hunter, but Ruiz would be the more exciting matchup.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lomachenko also said he’d fight Getvonta Davis for free a few weeks ago.
That means nothing because we all know that’s not remotely possible.
It’s not Ortiz job to save a card by accepting a “verbal” offer of peanuts.
He was never going to get the fight.
It’s likely Hunter, but Ruiz would be the more exciting matchup.

"Peanuts"

I wonder what you called that 500k to fight Wilder if a fight with AJ is peanuts.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That number was never confirmed.
Nobody knows what he made.
All speculation.

Now you don't like speculation lol

Ok 500k is what was reported by multiple sites / reporters.

"Hours before the WBC title fight is set to go down in Brooklyn, the fight purses were revealed
and Wilder (39-0, 38 KOs) will be coming away with significantly more than the challenger Ortiz (28-0, 24 KOs). The champion has been guaranteed a purse of $2.1 million to show Saturday, while Ortiz will net himself $500,000 for stepping into the ring against one of the best boxers in the game. Of course, should Ortiz pull off the upset and become WBC champion, more money will certainly be in his near future. "

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/ne...t-are-the-purses-for-heavyweight-title-fight/

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/03/purses-deontay-wilder-2-1-million-luis-ortiz-500000/

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Now you don't like speculation lol

Ok 500k is what was reported by multiple sites / reporters.

"Hours before the WBC title fight is set to go down in Brooklyn, the fight purses were revealed
and Wilder (39-0, 38 KOs) will be coming away with significantly more than the challenger Ortiz (28-0, 24 KOs). The champion has been guaranteed a purse of $2.1 million to show Saturday, while Ortiz will net himself $500,000 for stepping into the ring against one of the best boxers in the game. Of course, should Ortiz pull off the upset and become WBC champion, more money will certainly be in his near future. "

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/ne...t-are-the-purses-for-heavyweight-title-fight/

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/03/purses-deontay-wilder-2-1-million-luis-ortiz-500000/

What exactly does “reported” mean?
It was “reported” that Jussie Smollet got attacked by two racist CACs.
Nobody can confirm what he made unless he himself or his management revealed it themselves.
That never happened.
Dan Rafael is just “reporting” what unknown sources are telling him.
Again, is all speculation.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"I’ll fight you for just about any money you offer me so if you can’t work out the Miller fight, I’m here and ready."

"So look, if you want to fight I’m here and stop saying I priced myself out because I’ve never had no offers to fight you" :hmm:

Multiple sources have informed BoxingScene.com that Ortiz’s representatives turned down Hearn’s $5 million offer for Ortiz to step in on what’s now five weeks’ notice for Miller. They asked for $10 million, $3.5 million more than what would’ve been Miller’s package for the fight had the boisterous Brooklyn contender not tested positive for multiple performance-enhancing drugs late in March.

Hearn is expected to make a counter-offer to Ortiz before finalizing a deal for Miller’s replacement.

Last edited:

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Ortiz is crazy to turn down 5-7M even on short notice. He will never make that money again, at his age. Shit I don't think boxing as a heavyweight is the smartest thing to do at 40 years old.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Ortiz is crazy to turn down 5-7M even on short notice. He will never make that money again, at his age. Shit I don't think boxing as a heavyweight is the smartest thing to do at 40 years old.
Not crazy...probably just taking some shit without the right amount of time to cycle off it...only thing that makes sense to me

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Is there any particular reason why you constantly try to crowbar the MMA>Boxing argument into every boxing thread you respond to?
Every single thread pertaining to boxing you say the same shit.
nit argument. It kills me that boxing is dropping the call the way it is. They need to be more like mma is more what I’m trying to get at. I’m sure I sound like I’m shitting on boxing but that’s def not the case. Boxing was my first love and I still respect the fuck out of it and of course the fighters. But Promoters are running it into the ground with this bullshit.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These promoters/ "advisors" fucking up the sport. But for some reason people only want to blame Hern & Arum. :confused: