It's Time for Black America to Break Up With the Democratic Party | Opinion - Newsweek

notreally

Rising Star
Registered
The republicans will not cater to us. Ever.

In fact running AGAINST issues that matter to us strengthens their base.

You think its a coincidence that they find themselves on the opposite end from us on so many social issues?

They scream freedom till they blue in the face but are FOR stop and frisk?

We talk about racial profiling and police brutality and they create BACK THE BLUE?

So while Republicans run away with every election, the Dems WONT BE IN A POSITION OF POWER TO DELIVER ANYTHING!

Its funny that you think the Dems can start delivering anything while losing elections. Do you even know laws are passed?

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Absolutely.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
it has nothing to do with white messiah and everything to do with how politics actually functions. Also what makes you think black people in the past didn't try it or think of that??
We've pretty much been doing this whole politics thing the way you suggest for more than 50 years.
Are you happy with the results?

notreally

Rising Star
Registered
We've pretty much been doing this whole politics thing the way you suggest for more than 50 years.
Are you happy with the results?

Better question (2 parts!)

1. What do you offer as an alternative?

2. Why are you so hell bent on giving others grief about who they support if you CANNOT and WILL NOT answer #1?

Seems you have some sort of ulterior motive...

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
and who should we be doing this even exchange with in the here and now?
Personally I think its a process our community is going to have to sit out a presidential election and show the democrats they can't take us for granted. Present an agenda like Ice Cube tried to propose and whoever is willing to meet our demands go with them. I'm sick of my people getting our asses kicked.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
Horse shit.

Republicans know exactly who their base is: the racists, the white supremacists, the wackadoodle religious right.

It is unwise to

1. make the entire argument about who should leave what party, WITHOUT taking into account
what that entails.

2. profess Black people should pretend that no allies are needed to achieve their goals: Black people are only 13 percent
of the population, and do NOT exist in a vacuum.

3. continually denigrate people who support a democrat, all the while offering NOTHING that even remotely resembles
an alternative.

4. refuse to acknowledge that the extent to which republicans EVER pander to Black people for votes is by putting
grinning knee-groes up in front at tRump rallies. They have done NOTHING for black people, and fully acknowledge that
their base HATES Black people.

You replied to the above post with a non-sequitur; it is as if he asked what time it was and you responded " 12 degrees Celsius".

This is the behavior of someone who clearly has no idea what he is really talking about, and hides the same by insisting any voice of reason is somehow confused or bereft of common knowledge.
1. it entails your vote counting.
2. never said that. if you actually read what I wrote, I said they will offer a better proposal. I never said they are not needed. another case of reading what you want because are intellectually dishonest.
3. I did offer an alternative! And what is your solution? Keep doing the same thing for the last 60 years that hasn't done shit? Yeah, that makes logical sense.
4. Yes, they do, but blacks aren't in the Repub party en masse so why would I address this? Just idiotic logic to deflect once again.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
it has nothing to do with white messiah and everything to do with how politics actually functions. Also what makes you think black people in the past didn't try it or think of that??
I'm talking about now. Those people of the past wouldn't continue to do the same thing for 60 years with no change while gays and trannies get all the rights.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Better question (2 parts!)

1. What do you offer as an alternative?

2. Why are you so hell bent on giving others grief about who they support if you CANNOT and WILL NOT answer #1?

Seems you have some sort of ulterior motive...
You literally just got here a few months ago breh. Search my posts and see where I stand.

But I'll invite you to google quid pro quo for starters since you are a political infant. And get back to me.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
The republicans will not cater to us. Ever.

In fact running AGAINST issues that matter to us strengthens their base.

You think its a coincidence that they find themselves on the opposite end from us on so many social issues?

They scream freedom till they blue in the face but are FOR stop and frisk?

We talk about racial profiling and police brutality and they create BACK THE BLUE?

So while Republicans run away with every election, the Dems WONT BE IN A POSITION OF POWER TO DELIVER ANYTHING!

Its funny that you think the Dems can START delivering anything while losing elections. Do you even know laws are passed?
the parties have already flipped before so ever is already a lie.
no, it's because the dems got your mind on lock.

and when the repubs win everything, the dems will actually give substance to us instead of rhetoric.

yes, I know how laws are passed. For instance, the Dems are in control now. What have the Dems done for you now that they're in power?

just brainwashed.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
the parties have already flipped before so ever is already a lie.
no, it's because the dems got your mind on lock.

and when the repubs win everything, the dems will actually give substance to us instead of rhetoric.

yes, I know how laws are passed. For instance, the Dems are in control now. What have the Dems done for you now that they're in power?

just brainwashed.

Even if the parties flipped it would be the exact same situation, because its not the name of the party that matters, its the people who make up the party and their constituency.

The party that loses doesnt get to offer or give anything. All it can do is say no and block whatever else is going on. Just like the Republicans do every single time they lose.

This isnt even up for debate. The minority party does not pass shit.

You really dont shit about how laws are passed and how things are done.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
what rights do gays and trannies have that you dont?
the ability to pick and choose when to use their sexual preference for privilege or to use their general white privilege for advancement.

Now, since I answered your deflection question you thought you get me tripped up on, address how is it logic to keep doing the same thing for 60 years without anything changing and expecting change.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
Even if the parties flipped it would be the exact same situation, because its not the name of the party that matters, its the people who make up the party and their constituency.

The party that loses doesnt get to offer or give anything. All it can do is say no and block whatever else is going on. Just like the Republicans do every single time they lose.

This isnt even up for debate. The minority party does not pass shit.

You really dont shit about how laws are passed and how things are done.
now you are really showing you an idiot and haven't studied history.

The flip of parties was to show that both parties can bend and change their agendas just to win. Only a fool wouldn't see that.

The party that loses are exactly the party that can create change. It starts at a local level all the way to the top. How do you think revolutions start? By the parties in power? The parties in power don't do shit because they got what they want. Case in point - NOW, you fucking idiot. What are they doing for you?

Dumbass, white men worshipping negroes, I tell ya.

Last edited:

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
Personally I think its a process our community is going to have to sit out a presidential election and show the democrats they can't take us for granted. Present an agenda like Ice Cube tried to propose and whoever is willing to meet our demands go with them. I'm sick of my people getting our asses kicked.

That's exactly what we having been doing. Black men don't vote as a whole. The people in this thread talking crazy don't vote either. Black women do and they are passing us up in just about every way.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
now you are really showing you an idiot and haven't studied history.

The flip of parties was to show that both parties can bend and change their agendas just to win. Only a fool wouldn't see that.

The party that loses are exactly the party that can create change. It starts at a local level all the way to the top. The parties in power don't do shit because they got what they want. Case in point - NOW, you fucking idiot. What are they doing for you?

Dumbass, white men worshipping negroes, I tell ya.

Name me the last time a minority party passed laws on the federal level that changed anything.

Do that and Ill shut up.

But you wont cause you cant.

While you at it, tell me why the Republicans are working hard to take your vote away instead of trying to gain your vote.

Ill wait for that too lmao.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
Name me the last time a minority party passed laws on the federal level that changed anything.

Do that and Ill shut up.

But you wont cause you cant.

While you at it, tell me why the Republicans are working hard to take your vote away instead of trying to gain your vote.

Ill wait for that too lmao.
first answer my question before deflecting.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the ability to pick and choose when to use their sexual preference for privilege or to use their general white privilege for advancement.

Now, since I answered your deflection question you thought you get me tripped up on, address how is it logic to keep doing the same thing for 60 years without anything changing and expecting change.
1. thats not a right...

2. what youre talking about generally falls under the heading of race based social privilege (which is more of a social structure/cultural thing than a law based right) since whiteness is the thing that supports all of it. Chappelle made the astute speculation that the ONLY reason the trans community has gotten this far on the subject is ONLY because WHITE MEN are doing it. If this was just an issue affecting mainly black and brown and women no one would give fuck and make that clear.

PRESIDENTS WHO GOT LARGE MAJORITY BLACK SUPPORT IN US HISTORY:
Abraham Lincoln (R)
Lincoln is credited with ending slavery - black support
Warren Harding (R) Harding is credited with signing anti lynching laws - black support
Franklin Roosevelt (D) FDR is credited with opening up aid and jobs during the depression - black support
Harry Truman (D) Truman ended segregation in military and ended bias in federal jobs - black support
John F. Kennedy (D) JFK gave the IMPRESSION he supported the Civil Rights Movements - black support
Lyndon B. Johnson (D) LBJ - signed Civil Rights Legislation - black support

The reason for blacks loyally voting for both parties at various times has to do with jobs, opportunity and dignity than race.

why the black vote tends to go to the party that has either done that or made a show of concern for doing that. And its telling that the last major piece of legislation that was signed with black people in mind happened 40 years ago and not much else. Blacks as a group should be more fluid in our vote and all candidates from local, state to federal should get a one and done deal from us. You get one term to show us what you can do for us and if nothing happens then you're gone. But that's about the CANDIDATE...NOT the party! Especially when you consider that of the ONLY TWO major political parties in the damn country...one is actively trying to discourage you from voting period! Something NO ONE on your side of this debate cares to talk about. (wonder why :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:)

What makes the issues on the board so infuriating is this notion that black people are making decisions blindly when in fact black America is doing today what we've always done...try to make the best decision out of a fucked up situation. Its easy to look back in hindsight and say they did this wrong or that wrong but no one living today would do any better back then either.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
1. thats not a right...

2. what youre talking about generally falls under the heading of race based social privilege (which is more of a social structure/cultural thing than a law based right) since whiteness is the thing that supports all of it. Chappelle made the astute speculation that the ONLY reason the trans community has gotten this far on the subject is ONLY because WHITE MEN are doing it. If this was just an issue affecting mainly black and brown and women no one would give fuck and make that clear.

PRESIDENTS WHO GOT LARGE MAJORITY BLACK SUPPORT IN US HISTORY:
Abraham Lincoln (R)
Lincoln is credited with ending slavery - black support
Warren Harding (R) Harding is credited with signing anti lynching laws - black support
Franklin Roosevelt (D) FDR is credited with opening up aid and jobs during the depression - black support
Harry Truman (D) Truman ended segregation in military and ended bias in federal jobs - black support
John F. Kennedy (D) JFK gave the IMPRESSION he supported the Civil Rights Movements - black support
Lyndon B. Johnson (D) LBJ - signed Civil Rights Legislation - black support

The reason for blacks loyally voting for both parties at various times has to do with jobs, opportunity and dignity than race.

why the black vote tends to go to the party that has either done that or made a show of concern for doing that. And its telling that the last major piece of legislation that was signed with black people in mind happened 40 years ago and not much else. Blacks as a group should be more fluid in our vote and all candidates from local, state to federal should get a one and done deal from us. You get one term to show us what you can do for us and if nothing happens then you're gone. But that's about the CANDIDATE...NOT the party! Especially when you consider that of the ONLY TWO major political parties in the damn country...one is actively trying to discourage you from voting period! Something NO ONE on your side of this debate cares to talk about. (wonder why :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:)

What makes the issues on the board so infuriating is this notion that black people are making decisions blindly when in fact black America is doing today what we've always done...try to make the best decision out of a fucked up situation. Its easy to look back in hindsight and say they did this wrong or that wrong but no one living today would do any better back then either.

conspiracy Bro

Rising Star
Registered

Yeah but the Democrats knew they were going to lose that vote. I get the optics but guess what, Black people are still screwed. The last time and only time I can remember these devils giving a fuck about us was when we as a group was burning the stores of their biggest donors down.

Power respects power and the only power we as a group have is boycotts and burning their shit down. The majoity of the wealthy black class has failed the majority of black people because they are too focused on consumption and fucking white people to give birth to almost white babies