Is Manny Pacquiao the Most Overrated Boxer of All Time?

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Here's what he was saying after Mosley last fight. Thanx to a link in the comments section at boxingscene...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/mma/boxing/09/20/pacquiao.mosley/index.html#ixzz18tos3dmT

Arum: Mosley not likely to fight Pacquiao

Shane Mosley, who showed his age and the wear and tear of 53 professional bouts and 376 live rounds against the listless Sergio Mora on Saturday, did not help his standing in the Manny Pacquiao sweepstakes.

That's the word from Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum, who was busy with religious observance on Yom Kippur and did not view the bout live.

Asked on Sunday if he'd read the less-than-glowing reports of the controversial draw, Arum gave little reason to expect a Mosley-Pacquiao showdown.

"I did and I read them saying Mosley was huffing and puffing for air in the fourth or fifth round," Arum said. "To me, that is the real tipoff for an aging fighter. Even Big George Foreman did that in his 40s but he always had that big, big punch like in the (Michael) Moorer fight.

"What I've read is not very supportive to make any Mosley-Pacquiao bout. Look, he's going to be 40 and he's in the lighter weights where speed is so important. He's on a show with guys -- example, 20-year-old Saul Canelo Alvarez -- old enough to be his son.

"I guess Shane needs the money due to his matrimonial sitaution (a divorce under harsh California community property rules)," :lol::lol::lol: Arum said. "I've always considered Shane to be a nice guy but this is what happens to fighters when they age.

"It's like (Bernard) Hopkins, he still knows how to fight but who wants to pay to see him now? His fights are not very scintillating. What you see with Hopkins we're beginning to see with Mosley."

Arum said he wouldn't be interested in playing the flakcatcher if he made a Shane-Manny bout at this point.

"I have to constantly be aware of this, the flak from the naysayers. We've faced with (Antonio) Margarito for Nov. 13 and we got real, instant flak. But now even the naysayers are looking at that just as a fight. Now the pendulum is swinging the other way and they're saying maybe Antonio is too strong or too big for Manny."

On another front, Arum said Julio Cesar Chavez assured him face-to-face in a meeting at Top Rank's Las Vegas offices Wednesday that he will fly to the Philippines this Saturday to train with Freddie Roach and do some sparring with Pacman in Baguio.

Arum is planning a Dec. 4 doubleheader in Atlantic City featuring Chavez against Polish gamester Pawel Wolak and Miguel Cotto in the co-feature to hopefully set up a late February or March showdown between Cotto and Chavez.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/mma/boxing/09/20/pacquiao.mosley/index.html#ixzz1AruLoYI5

merce77

Star
Registered
Here's what he was saying after Mosley last fight. Thanx to a link in the comments section at boxingscene...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/mma/boxing/09/20/pacquiao.mosley/index.html#ixzz18tos3dmT

Arum: Mosley not likely to fight Pacquiao

Shane Mosley, who showed his age and the wear and tear of 53 professional bouts and 376 live rounds against the listless Sergio Mora on Saturday, did not help his standing in the Manny Pacquiao sweepstakes.

That's the word from Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum, who was busy with religious observance on Yom Kippur and did not view the bout live.

Asked on Sunday if he'd read the less-than-glowing reports of the controversial draw, Arum gave little reason to expect a Mosley-Pacquiao showdown.

"I did and I read them saying Mosley was huffing and puffing for air in the fourth or fifth round," Arum said. "To me, that is the real tipoff for an aging fighter. Even Big George Foreman did that in his 40s but he always had that big, big punch like in the (Michael) Moorer fight.

"What I've read is not very supportive to make any Mosley-Pacquiao bout. Look, he's going to be 40 and he's in the lighter weights where speed is so important. He's on a show with guys -- example, 20-year-old Saul Canelo Alvarez -- old enough to be his son.

"I guess Shane needs the money due to his matrimonial sitaution (a divorce under harsh California community property rules)," :lol::lol::lol: Arum said. "I've always considered Shane to be a nice guy but this is what happens to fighters when they age.

"It's like (Bernard) Hopkins, he still knows how to fight but who wants to pay to see him now? His fights are not very scintillating. What you see with Hopkins we're beginning to see with Mosley."

Arum said he wouldn't be interested in playing the flakcatcher if he made a Shane-Manny bout at this point.

"I have to constantly be aware of this, the flak from the naysayers. We've faced with (Antonio) Margarito for Nov. 13 and we got real, instant flak. But now even the naysayers are looking at that just as a fight. Now the pendulum is swinging the other way and they're saying maybe Antonio is too strong or too big for Manny."

On another front, Arum said Julio Cesar Chavez assured him face-to-face in a meeting at Top Rank's Las Vegas offices Wednesday that he will fly to the Philippines this Saturday to train with Freddie Roach and do some sparring with Pacman in Baguio.

Arum is planning a Dec. 4 doubleheader in Atlantic City featuring Chavez against Polish gamester Pawel Wolak and Miguel Cotto in the co-feature to hopefully set up a late February or March showdown between Cotto and Chavez.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/mma/boxing/09/20/pacquiao.mosley/index.html#ixzz1AruLoYI5

Man I hope their going to use that article on his ass, that's pure ammo right there, a cylinder full of silver bullets.:lol::lol::smh:

merce77

Star
Registered
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=34662

Arum: Pacquiao Never Faced Someone With Mosley's Skill

By Lem Satterfield

On May 7 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Manny Pacquiao (52-3-2, 38 knockouts) will defend his WBO welterweight belt in an HBO pay per view televised against Shane Mosley (46-6-1, 39 KOs), even as his WBC junior middleweight belt will not be on the line. Pacquiao's selection of the aging Mosley has drawn criticism from the boxing community, but during a recent interview with FanHouse, Top Rank Promotions' CEO, Bob Arum.

"Manny Pacquiao, with all due respect, never has fought a fighter of the ability and the skill set of Mosley. Mosley is the epitome of an African American fighter with a style," said Arum.

"And even though he is a little on in age, he still has that style and he still has that punching power. "And I, for one, am curious as to how Pacquiao deals with that type of style, which he hasn't faced before. That's the interesting part of this fight."

Bernard Hopkins got the ball rolling a few months ago when making critical comments about the lack of African American opponents on Pacquiao's record.

"Bernard Hopkins took some criticism for saying what he said, but Hopkins is a good student of the game," said Arum. "It's not any racist kind of thing that he's saying. It's just that the African American style that we all know -- and, even though not every African American fights that style -- but the African American style is a distinct style."

WHAT THE FUCK!!!! Mosley fights more like a black Mexican. Fuck this nicca Arum.:smh: Mayweather is the only guy Pac can fight who is "the epitome of the African American style".:angry::smh:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Man I hope their going to use that article on his ass, that's pure ammo right there, a cylinder full of silver bullets.:lol::lol::smh:

Word and there are slow motherfuckers who can't see through this scam.

I know nigga's think I was being hard on Shane, but this is Arum saying that this fight was basically a waste of time on top of clowning this nigga and now the same motherfucker is trying to sell this shit like it is legit.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

I know nigga's think I was being hard on Shane, but this is Arum saying that this fight was basically a waste of time on top of clowning this nigga and now the same motherfucker is trying to sell this shit like it is legit.

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
WHAT THE FUCK!!!! Mosley fights more like a black Mexican. Fuck this nicca Arum.:smh: Mayweather is the only guy Pac can fight who is "the epitome of the African American style".:angry::smh:

Thank you.

:yes::yes:
Arum is indescribable at times. Whatever words I try to use just don't seem strong enough.
But he's going to get his money.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=34705

Arum: Pacquiao-Marquez, Chavez-Alvarez Not Likely

By Jhonny Gonzalez

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum doesn't see a third fight taking place between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez. He doesn't view money as the real problem. The problem Arum predicts will have to do with weight. Manny Pacquiao has been fighting at welterweight since 2008. Marquez has been fighting at lightweight and below for a nearly his entire career. He blew up to welterweight for a bout with Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2008 and was beaten soundly for twelve rounds. After the Mayweather loss he returned to lightweight.

Arum thinks the fight at 147 is a mismatch. Many experts have agreed with Arum's position. Marquez has asked Pacquiao to meet him in the middle around 142-143. There is no reason for the champion, who brings the money, to agree to the challenger's demands.

"A fight with Marquez is not possible. It's a question of weight. Pacquiao rose in weight and continued to fight between welterweight and super welterweight and you know the results. Marquez can not go to that weight [147] because his fights above 135 have not been consistent. You can't have a yo-yo diet where you go up and down. You have to establish yourself in a division and then fight at the weight. It's what Manny did," Arum said. :lol:

Arum has the same opinion about a future fight between Mexican rivals Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. Chavez is competing at middleweight and could go higher in the near future. Alvarez is usually fighting at 150 and wants to win a title at welterweight. Arum thinks the size difference will always keep them apart. Alvarez is a small junior middleweight. Although listed at 5'9, Alvarez appears shorter. Chavez is listed at 6'0 and he appears to be 6'2 or 6'3.

"It's the same situation like Pacquiao-Marquez. It's a matter of physical size. Chavez Jr. is a fighter who is taller than six feet and he will always fight at 160 pounds, and Canelo is small for 147 or 154. That fight is not possible," Arum said.