Ice Cube is a Trump Supporter

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Nah, he's just utilizing all outlets to make his points. It's what you're supposed to do. Be politically pragmatic.
He's not knowledgeable enough or savvy enough to avoid looking like a tool for the right so he does more harm than good, IMO. His heart may be in the right place but it seems he learned nothing from his appearances on Roland Martin etc from the last time.

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@gutsdabeast

Is this a threat? Hilarious. Please come to where I am. That should be interesting.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I just watched the whole clip.

1) Ice Cube has no original ideas or values of his own. He thinks he's a freethinker but he's just a YouTube watching dumbass.
2) I honest to God don't understand why the "Covid is a hoax" people have to be Republicans. How is Covid a partisan issue? Just being a Republican automatically makes you anti-science? I don't get it.
3) He said everything was the same for black people under Jimmy Carter as they were under Reagan. He's on crack. The differences were night and day. Reagan got rid of everything Carter was trying to do. Ice Cube must have grown up in a white neighborhood.

The GOP made covid political. It's one thing not to want to take the vaccine. I held off for a long time as well, but to be anti mask? Anti social distancing? Anti any precautions at all? No concern for the vulnerable? I just posted this the other day, though there have been similar pieces posted in the past:

Now the GOP is becoming anti all vaccines. Measles and polio may be making a comeback.

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
The GOP made covid political. It's one thing not to want to take the vaccine. I held off for a long time as well, but to be anti mask? Anti social distancing? Anti any precautions at all? No concern for the vulnerable? I just posted this the other day, though there have been similar pieces posted in the past:

Now the GOP is becoming anti all vaccines. Measles and polio may be making a comeback.
I agree. I don't necessarily care if someone doesn't want to take the vaccine. It's their funeral. But being anti-mask and anti-social distancing messes it up for everyone. Businesses have to close, jobs are lost, health care costs go up. I still don't get why the GOP as a group decided to be anti all of it. They all automatically decided to ignore science, statistics, and history. They'd rather die than to accept anything the WHO says.

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree. I don't necessarily care if someone doesn't want to take the vaccine. It's their funeral. But being anti-mask and anti-social distancing messes it up for everyone. Businesses have to close, jobs are lost, health care costs go up. I still don't get why the GOP as a group decided to be anti all of it. They all automatically decided to ignore science, statistics, and history. They'd rather die than to accept anything the WHO says.
Actually a lot of people didn't take it and are alive

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
It's a continuation of their grift. If you want to protect the oil industry, you have to attack climate science. If you want to protect tobacco, you have to attack health science.

You do that by flooding the rabble with innuendo. Lots of "They" and "Them" allegations and no proof when it comes to science. At the heart of it, they don't care if people die as long as they collect checks.

Then you pour gas on that with Covid.

Covid hits in the last year of Trump's presidency. He has two options:

1. put in hard work to solve the problem
2. use conspiracy theories to convince people it's a hoax.

We know which one he chose.

Then he went one step further. If your take ANY precautions, you're against me. Remember, the only way his strategy works is if he convinces everyone Covid is a hoax.

Lastly, America in general has been culturally anti-intellectual since its founding. In our movies, stories, music, and shows, the scientists and experts are always the villains and wrong. The knowledge of the common man is ALWAYS proven right over science. Always.

So it's easy when people distrust science to begin with.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
He's not knowledgeable enough or savvy enough to avoid looking like a tool for the right so he does more harm than good, IMO. His heart may be in the right place but it seems he learned nothing from his appearances on Roland Martin etc from the last time.

He only looks like a "tool for the Right" to people who are tools of the Left. The rest of us actually consider the things he's talking about and discuss those things accordingly.

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
It's a continuation of their grift. If you want to protect the oil industry, you have to attack climate science. If you want to protect tobacco, you have to attack health science.

You do that by flooding the rabble with innuendo. Lots of "They" and "Them" allegations and no proof when it comes to science. At the heart of it, they don't care if people die as long as they collect checks.

Then you pour gas on that with Covid.

Covid hits in the last year of Trump's presidency. He has two options:

1. put in hard work to solve the problem
2. use conspiracy theories to convince people it's a hoax.

We know which one he chose.

Then he went one step further. If your take ANY precautions, you're against me. Remember, the only way his strategy works is if he convinces everyone Covid is a hoax.

Lastly, America in general has been culturally anti-intellectual since its founding. In our movies, stories, music, and shows, the scientists and experts are always the villains and wrong. The knowledge of the common man is ALWAYS proven right over science. Always.

So it's easy when people distrust science to begin with.
Thanks, I got my answer. It was basically Trump's excuse for not being able to solve the problem.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Thanks, I got my answer. It was basically Trump's excuse for not being able to solve the problem.

Trump didn't want the hit to the economy and he also didn't want our covid numbers to be higher. If I recall correctly, that's why that initial cruise ship was so long in disembarking passengers, he was willing to keep them out at sea. Everyone was taking precautions though until it was said that black folks were dying in higher numbers. (We have a lot of public facing jobs) Then no one wanted to mask anymore.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
And others don't wanna develop heart issues

If you get covid and aren't vaccinated you are twice as likely to have a heart condition afterward. So covid vs vaccine, vaccine is better. If you can manage not to get covid at all, that's wonderful, but the new variants are more contagious, not less, so good luck with that.

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you get covid and aren't vaccinated you are twice as likely to have a heart condition afterward. So covid vs vaccine, vaccine is better. If you can manage not to get covid at all, that's wonderful, but the new variants are more contagious, not less, so good luck with that.
Sounds good...I don't believe you or fauci

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't know nobody that developed heart issues that got the shot.

But I do know people that didn't get the shot have heart issues now after getting covid and have to take medication for the rest of their life to stay alive.
Oh well

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor

LOL all Republikkklan coons say this same “we are not a monolith” shit to justify alignment with white nationalists. There is no excuse to engage with a party of Neo Nazis , Klansmen and History re writing suprimacists . What the fuck is going to be accomplished trying to beg a group of racists for something? Are y’all serious? These “people” are putting bullshit in history books that Slavery helped us.

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LOL all Republikkklan coons say this same “we are not a monolith” shit to justify alignment with white nationalists. There is no excuse to engage with a party of Neo Nazis , Klansmen and History re writing suprimacists . What the fuck is going to be accomplished trying to beg a group of racists for something? Are y’all serious? These “people” are putting bullshit in history books that Slavery helped us.
You just described joe Biden