I Would Be Scared To Play Inside The New Cowboys Stadium

TB1996

Star
Registered
THIS SCOREBOARD IS TOOOOO BIGGGGGGG!!!! IF ONE OF THEM CABLES SNAP:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

fdrmfm.jpg

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Ya that whole setup is too fuckin gaudy. :smh: I hope y'all win enough games to justify that bullshit.

BitchI'llKillYa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It too low but u must admit there is truly no bad seat in that house

It may be over kill blut I see where he was trying to go

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor
i noticed jerry and his people were lookin scared and nervous last night or was it just me :confused:

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
That happened to (I believe) The Charlotte Hornet Arena when they first started up years ago. No one was hurt though cause it fell when he place was empty

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor
That happened to (I believe) The Charlotte Hornet Arena when they first started up years ago. No one was hurt though cause it fell when he place was empty

yeah i remember that but i think it was somehere else tho :eek:

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
YUP FOUND IT!!!!

Olympians Edge NBA Stars; Scoreboard Falls
By MARK HEISLER, Times Staff Writer
August 13, 1988

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A couple of reputations got scuffed up Friday. A few hours before the gala opening of the new state-of-the-art $52-million Charlotte Coliseum, the $3-million scoreboard with its eight video screens hurtled to the ground while being moved and was completely destroyed, ruining the basketball floor.

Nobody was underneath the scoreboard, fortunately, and then, after emergency repairs to the court, the U.S. Olympic men's basketball team spent the night getting its head handed to it by some out-of-shape National Basketball Assn. vacationers. The pros led by 11 points at the half and by 7 with 2:08 left, but the Olympians rallied to win, 81-80, on Brian Shaw's three-point play with :26 left.

http://archive.deseretnews.com/archive/13881/OLYMPIANS-BEAT-NBA-STARS-AFTER-SCOREBOARD-FALLS.html
http://latimes.perfectmarket.com/1988-08-13/sports/sp-252_1_nba-players

Last edited:

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor
YUP FOUND IT!!!!

Olympians Edge NBA Stars; Scoreboard Falls
By MARK HEISLER, Times Staff Writer
August 13, 1988

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A couple of reputations got scuffed up Friday. A few hours before the gala opening of the new state-of-the-art $52-million Charlotte Coliseum, the $3-million scoreboard with its eight video screens hurtled to the ground while being moved and was completely destroyed, ruining the basketball floor.

Nobody was underneath the scoreboard, fortunately, and then, after emergency repairs to the court, the U.S. Olympic men's basketball team spent the night getting its head handed to it by some out-of-shape National Basketball Assn. vacationers. The pros led by 11 points at the half and by 7 with 2:08 left, but the Olympians rallied to win, 81-80, on Brian Shaw's three-point play with :26 left.
dang and it don't seem that long ago :hmm:

DaAssWatcher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They gonna raise it for tha U2 concert.If they feel like thats were they want it then they'll leave it there.But i'm not gonna front I was hoping that bitch didn't fall during tha game.

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
How could they not possibly know the scoreboard / monitor wouldn't be too low? After all that money.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How could they not possibly know the scoreboard / monitor wouldn't be too low? After all that money.

Its being raised and lowered for concerts. This was the first game of football but they've had concerts here like the Jonas Bros. and Paul McCartney. That's why its so low. The field isn't really done yet. They still have to put the Ring of Honor in as well as Landry's statue and the star. Right now its just a stadium for concerts.

marchetta

Star
Registered
i noticed jerry and his people were lookin scared and nervous last night or was it just me :confused:

Yeah, I noticed that. After that punter had hit it 2 or 3 times, JJ went over and appeared to speak to him a bit nervously. JJ had that nervous smile on his face. Like he was saying, "I know you got a job to do but could you try not hitting the fuckin' scoreboard?" :lol:

DirtyCake

Superstar *****
Platinum Member
man i like that shit. ya'll the type of niggaz that have like 15's on a escalade talkin bout "fuck rims..."