I usually never give investment advice but....

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
The reality is There IS no NEXT Tesla or Next Apple emerging any time soon.

I've done way too much studying to believe that. There was a time when Coca-Cola didn't exist. There was a time when General Motors didn't exist. There was a time when Apple and Amazon didn't exist.

New technologies along with new ways of thinking will always create new investment opportunities. Just because we may not know about them at this very moment doesn't mean that they won't be available for purchase soon.

I think that the computer gives us an advantage today, because we can gather information about any company quickly. The problem is, we have to know what to look for, especially when these companies are in their infant stages. That's why I watch the "volume" when I'm scanning for stocks. Institutional Investors leave a large footprint when they buy sometimes. If a company is selling at say $50.00/share, and someone buys 100 million shares of it: that's a whopping 5 billion dollars worth of stock being bought/sold in a single or even several transactions in a short period of time. Why did they do that? What do they know that we don't?

That's where we have to get better and learn how to take advantage of the tools that are already out there. I think pooling knowledge is important, but I also understand that you have to do your own due diligence as well.

wouncie

If you don’t own any Bitcoin you’re doing it wrong
OG Investor
I've done way too much studying to believe that. There was a time when Coca-Cola didn't exist. There was a time when General Motors didn't exist. There was a time when Apple and Amazon didn't exist.

New technologies along with new ways of thinking will always create new investment opportunities. Just because we may not know about them at this very moment doesn't mean that they won't be available for purchase soon.

I think that the computer gives us an advantage today, because we can gather information about any company quickly. The problem is, we have to know what to look for, especially when these companies are in their infant stages. That's why I watch the "volume" when I'm scanning for stocks. Institutional Investors leave a large footprint when they buy sometimes. If a company is selling at say $50.00/share, and someone buys 100 million shares of it: that's a whopping 5 billion dollars worth of stock being bought/sold in a single or even several transactions in a short period of time. Why did they do that? What do they know that we don't?

That's where we have to get better and learn how to take advantage of the tools that are already out there. I think pooling knowledge is important, but I also understand that you have to do your own due diligence as well.
I totally agree. When u said “next” I assumed you meant next version of them in the current field/technology

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Post #115 in here that showed up thanks to @Ceenote :lol:

$NIO was $3.75/share when I made that post. I hope @oolong tea changed his mind :eek2:

I think a major key here is patience. It comes in time and with experience, but the sooner you can learn to focus your capital (now matter how small) in a company or two that you have conviction in and be patient .. it can really pay off.

The good thing is that these opportunities pop up regularly. Just try to pay attention, have conviction and be patient.

Last edited:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
the next amazon, apple
is Baba,

ETFs
arkg
cqqq

and you can close your eyes and pin a needle on any EV fund...
i'm betting the house on them exploding in the next decade

Check out ARKF and the top 10 holdings. Its a great Fintech play long term imo. And still only like $50 /share. Im tryna build a war chest in my Roth IRA.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Another big part of the journey is deciding / realizing 1) What your style is and 2) What your goals are.

- Are you a trader?
- Are you an investor?
- Are you trying to build capital in order to reach a specific financial goal?
- Are you trying to generate income for retirement?
- What is your horizon?
- Are you playing with spare cash and in it more for the satisfaction of the score?

I feel like knowing which stage of the journey you're in and how you're built at a given point in time helps you drown out a lot of noise and FOMO in order to keep you grounded and moving forward.

Set. A. Goal. Even if it's "I'm gonna buy $100 of Stock ABC or Fund XYZ and my goal is to double it".

Personally, I have a three main goals at this point and three accounts to those ends:

Saving for my first property: M1 Brokerage (mixed risk, looking to cash out in 5 years or less)
Extra retirement account: M1 Roth IRA (mixed risk, will be contributing for at least another 18 years)
Trading account: eTrade (higher risk, but not adding any new money to this account. Playing with house money and learning how to build capital)

...so all the info from the varying styles helps me because I can apply it to at least one of the three situations above. But having goals and knowing your style will help you stay in your lane for sure. And help you know what plays are for you and which ones may not be.

Last edited:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I been wanting to ask about a certain investment idea for a few weeks. But didnt know who to ask
So...
Has anybody researched any robotic companies? Because after all these Corps lost billions due to covid. I'm sure they're going to limit that in the future.
I think about shit like this when I'm smokin

the next amazon, apple
is Baba,

ETFs
arkg
cqqq

and you can close your eyes and pin a needle on any EV fund...
i'm betting the house on them exploding in the next decade

@HUFF just in case you're still looking, like @havelcok mentioned today: ARKQ might be what you are looking for. It's an actively run ETF by arguably the best research team in the business right now. Fully transparent research and they leave no stone unturned as far as the companies they look for. And all-caps, focused on growth.

Here is a link to the fund and current fund holdings:

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered
All the ARK's are going crazy. Cathy is becoming or has become the Lebron of investing this year! I'm not in any of them yet as they are too expensive and all running at ATH. Once a pullback occurs I'll jump in. Specifically ARKK

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
All the ARK's are going crazy. Cathy is becoming or has become the Lebron of investing this year! I'm not in any of them yet as they are too expensive and all running at ATH. Once a pullback occurs I'll jump in. Specifically ARKK

probably better to focus on arkg. Sign up to their newsletter. They send you their daily trades
They are focusing on arkg and arkf at the moment

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Earlier this week I decided to open a 2nd M1 brokerage account to act as an extended Emergency Fund. I know they say not to do that, but I feel like I already have 3 months emergency in cash in a Capital One Performance Savings Account and want to see if I can get more out of my monthly deposits for a while.

So starting Jan 1st I'll be doing $300/ month in an "Emergency Savings Portfolio" consisting of only 2 funds:

VT (Vanguard Total World Fund)
ARKW (ARK Next Generation Internet)

..When I was trying to think of which configuration to go with, I wanted to pick a mix of something steady and something capable of some explosive growth. Almost went VOO or VTI-VXUS-ARKW, but VT seems like it covers the first three in one fund. We'll see how this goes..

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I signed up with Robinhood in 2019, I didn't start really buying stock until late 2019 early 2020, I've made about a $1000 so far. I invested like 6 or 700 dollars when I started. I'm still learning! I just wish I started doing this 20 years ago.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I signed up with Robinhood in 2019, I didn't start really buying stock until late 2019 early 2020, I've made about a $1000 so far. I invested like 6 or 700 dollars when I started. I'm still learning! I just wish I started doing this 20 years ago.

Exact same here man. I started very slow, ramped it up this year as I've learned and had the time to research. Now that I have, I wish I would have started even 10 years, 5 years ago. But just pivoting your goals and actually starting is the key.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
In about three weeks, we will be hitting the one year mark of this thread and the stock portfolio I created for BGOL. Here is the current update.

The total portfolio percentage increase is currently 73%. Approximately 4 times higher than the S&P index and much better than any 401K.

I will do a final update on the 27th of this month. I am hopeful that this little experiment has been enough to convince those who have been skeptical regarding stock investments. If you are serious about creating generational wealth as well as retirement wealth, this is the way to go. I along with many of the other brothers on BGOL are here to help you make this happen. We have never asked for any donations or payments of any kind. Just brothers trying to help those who want to be helped.
Stock
1/27/2020
1/6/2021
Current ValueCurrent % ChangeAverage Percentage ChangePortfolio Increase
AAPL$ 308.95$ 127.71$ 383.12
23%​
79%​
73%​
MSFT$ 162.28$ 214.46$ 214.46
31%​
AMD$ 49.26$ 91.48$ 91.48
83%​
NFLX$ 342.88$ 509.65$ 509.65
46%​
TSLA$ 558.02$ 767.54$ 3,070.14
442%​
VOO$ 297.23$ 345.23$ 345.23
16%​
GOOG$1,433.90$ 1,734.72$ 1,734.72
21%​
GOOGL$1,431.73$ 1,729.48$ 1,729.48
20%​
DIS$ 135.90$ 180.39$ 180.39
32%​

Last edited:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Cathy is smart but if you look at all of Ark's etfs its all aapl,tsla,goog,roku,msft. You are better off buying those stocks yourself and avoid the etf fee.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Cathy is smart but if you look at all of Ark's etfs its all aapl,tsla,goog,roku,msft. You are better off buying those stocks yourself and avoid the etf fee.
Exactly. This is why a created this portfolio last year. Cats could have basically doubled their money in one year by doing little to nothing.

conspiracy_brotha

Woke as fuck
BGOL Investor
In about three weeks, we will be hitting the one year mark of this thread and the stock portfolio I created for BGOL. Here is the current update.

The total portfolio percentage increase is currently 73%. Approximately 4 times higher than the S&P index and much better than any 401K.

I will do a final update on the 27th of this month. I am hopeful that this little experiment has been enough to convince those who have been skeptical regarding stock investments. If you are serious about creating generational wealth as well as retirement wealth, this is the way to go. I along with many of the other brothers on BGOL are here to help you make this happen. We have never asked for any donations or payments of any kind. Just brothers trying to help those who want to be helped.
Stock
1/27/2020
1/6/2021
AAPL$ 308.95$ 127.71$ 383.12
23%​
79%​
73%​
MSFT$ 162.28$ 214.46$ 214.46
31%​
AMD$ 49.26$ 91.48$ 91.48
83%​
NFLX$ 342.88$ 509.65$ 509.65
46%​
TSLA$ 558.02$ 767.54$ 3,070.14
442%​
VOO$ 297.23$ 345.23$ 345.23
16%​
GOOG$1,433.90$ 1,734.72$ 1,734.72
21%​
GOOGL$1,431.73$ 1,729.48$ 1,729.48
20%​
DIS$ 135.90$ 180.39$ 180.39
32%​

If you were to make another portfolio for this year, would you use the same stocks? If not what would they consist of? This time im gonna follow through with your suggestions. I dont like buying etf's with high fee ratios.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
If you were to make another portfolio for this year, would you use the same stocks? If not what would they consist of? This time im gonna follow through with your suggestions. I dont like buying etf's with high fee ratios.
I am analyzing the data from 2020 and currently putting the portfolio together. My goal is to have the new/ updated portfolio ready by the 27th. Until then, go ahead and set up your Robinhood, M1, WeBull, or TD Ameritrade account. If you are a beginner, I suggest starting with Robinhood. It is just the basics of investing and it now allows you to buy partial shares. This makes it perfect to use the provided index and basically create your own ETF.

Once you set up one of the accounts, start funding the account with a weekly deposit. Do whatever you can afford comfortably. I like to suggest $100. Remember, it is still your money. If an emergency came up, you could have access to the money either immediately using a Robinhood debit card or having the money deposited back into your checking account within 3 days. I also teach mitigation strategies to prevent you from losing your money. You should never ever lose more than 10% during this process.

Welcome to the investment train brother. Get ready for the ride.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Exact same here man. I started very slow, ramped it up this year as I've learned and had the time to research. Now that I have, I wish I would have started even 10 years, 5 years ago. But just pivoting your goals and actually starting is the key.

Good stuff. I hear you re: getting started earlier. I remember my mom telling me to open an RRSP account (registered retirement savings portfolio) when I was just starting college. I was saying to her I don't have much money - just doing a little bit of part-time work while focusing on my studies. Don't have much other savings due to tuition, books, etc. She was like - "Nah, doesn't matter how much ... just get it started. Get into the habit of making that annual contribution" and I was glad she pushed for that, looking back now. Even if it was just a few hundred bucks to start.

It's helped over time as it decreases your taxable income (once steadily employed in my 20s). I usually look to contribute about 70 - 80% of my max contribution room.

Same going back to being a kid - her pushing us to open bank accounts. Opened my first account at 8 or 9yo. Somewhere around there and would deposit my newspaper route money. So proud making those first withdrawals & purchases like a Super Soaker, assorted tapes and CDs, etc. Did landscaping work later in my teens & early-20s (paid quite well), and mid-teens was working at a pharmacy / drug store (doing stock clerk & prescription deliveries) - that was minimum wage. Whereas the landscaping work would sometimes pay 3 - 4x that per hour.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
So, I have had a number of requests to update my stock picks. I will break down my comments into two separate posts. This post is just an update on my original stock suggestions. The next post will be an update that may add or remove companies from the listing.

Stock
1/27/2020
4/13/2021
AAPL $ 308.95 $ 132.05 $ 396.15
28%​
90%​
96%​
MSFT $ 162.28 $ 257.39 $ 257.39
59%​
AMD $ 49.26 $ 79.36 $ 79.36
61%​
NFLX $ 342.88 $ 556.86 $ 556.86
62%​
TSLA $ 558.02 $ 720.78 $ 2,883.10
417%​
VOO $ 297.23 $ 378.24 $ 378.24
27%​
GOOG $ 1,433.90 $ 2,262.55 $ 2,262.55
58%​
GOOGL $ 1,431.73 $ 2,251.81 $ 2,251.81
57%​
DIS $ 135.90 $ 185.63 $ 185.63
37%​

My stock picks have seen a 96% increase since the initial suggestions. This translates into doubling your initial investment. VOO is the Vanguard S&P tracker. This basically tells us how well the market performed overall.

Start from the first post of this thread to learn how to easily set up your investment portfolio. You can have your retirement money in less than 10 years. Stop procrastinating. Get started today.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So, I have had a number of requests to update my stock picks. I will break down my comments into two separate posts. This post is just an update on my original stock suggestions. The next post will be an update that may add or remove companies from the listing.

Stock
1/27/2020
4/13/2021
AAPL$ 308.95$ 132.05$ 396.15
28%​
90%​
96%​
MSFT$ 162.28$ 257.39$ 257.39
59%​
AMD$ 49.26$ 79.36$ 79.36
61%​
NFLX$ 342.88$ 556.86$ 556.86
62%​
TSLA$ 558.02$ 720.78$ 2,883.10
417%​
VOO$ 297.23$ 378.24$ 378.24
27%​
GOOG$ 1,433.90$ 2,262.55$ 2,262.55
58%​
GOOGL$ 1,431.73$ 2,251.81$ 2,251.81
57%​
DIS$ 135.90$ 185.63$ 185.63
37%​
My stock picks have seen a 96% increase since the initial suggestions. This translates into doubling your initial investment. VOO is the Vanguard S&P tracker. This basically tells us how well the market performed overall.

Start from the first post of this thread to learn how to easily set up your investment portfolio. You can have your retirement money in less than 10 years. Stop procrastinating. Get started today.

Been waiting..Those picks from last year hit good

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member

Stock
1/27/2020
4/13/2021
AAPL$ 308.95$ 132.05$ 396.15
28%​
90%​
96%​
MSFT$ 162.28$ 257.39$ 257.39
59%​
AMD$ 49.26$ 79.36$ 79.36
61%​
NFLX$ 342.88$ 556.86$ 556.86
62%​
TSLA$ 558.02$ 720.78$ 2,883.10
417%​
VOO$ 297.23$ 378.24$ 378.24
27%​
GOOG$ 1,433.90$ 2,262.55$ 2,262.55
58%​
GOOGL$ 1,431.73$ 2,251.81$ 2,251.81
57%​
DIS$ 135.90$ 185.63$ 185.63
37%​

Great returns.

From this thread I have AAPL, MSFT, TSLA, DIS and FB. I guess I need to add AMD, NFLX, VOO. Probably wont add Google since its sooo expensive.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
After a few months of diligent research and allow the highly volatile period of elections to pass, here is the updated stock picks for 2021. I have removed a number of companies from the previous list and have added some.

Removed:
  • AAPL - Product rollout has been subpar according to consumers
  • AMD - This actually may be a buy. Unfortunately, its YTD has been less than optimal. This is why it has been removed. It is a real good time to get in on the dip. I will revisit this shortly.
  • NFLX - Subscriptions are flatling and hurt by competitors
  • DIS - Marvel will not recoup production expenditures this year from movies. Additionally, Disney theme parks will not reach full capacity this year.
Added:
  • ROKU
  • SHOP
  • ETSY
  • SHOP
  • MCD
  • NVDA
  • SQ
  • DAL
  • CCIV
  • GM

My picks are for the more passive investor. The person who either can not or does not want to day trade and have to continuously monitor his or her shares. Most of the picks are from solid performers with proven track records. CCIV is the only "new" company. All research and reports point to a solid year for the company. this is why I choose CCIV or NIO. Although Tesla's YTD is low, I am confident in it's performance and we will see another surge later this year. Buy now to benefit later.

If you are looking for additional buys, I strongly suggest looking into airlines and other travel companies such as cruise ships and hotels. I may edit the list to add a rental car company.

In my opinion, the best way to go about building your portfolio off of my suggestions is to use a platform that allows fractional shares. I prefer M1 because you can set up automatic deposits that will be automatically invested into your stock portfolio evenly. You also have the option to adjust percentages as well. Other platforms offer fractional shares as well. However, I can not speak to those due to my non-use of that function on those platforms.

Here is a YTD snapshot of how my current picks are performing. To keep this thread transparent and honest, I will start the updates on May 13th after one month of activity.

YTD Snapshot
Stock
1/4/2021
4/13/2021
Current % Change
CCIV $ 10.04 $ 21.71
116%​
DAL $ 38.73 $ 47.53
23%​
ETSY $ 172.08 $ 222.05
29%​
GM $ 40.51 $ 58.19
44%​
GOOG $ 1,728.24 $ 2,263.02
31%​
GOOGL $ 1,726.13 $ 2,251.01
30%​
MCD $ 210.22 $ 231.56
10%​
MSFT $ 217.69 $ 257.20
18%​
NVDA $ 524.54 $ 617.20
18%​
ROKU $ 317.90 $ 380.59
20%​
SHOP $ 1,092.40 $ 1,223.67
12%​
SQ $ 221.16 $ 269.99
22%​
TSLA $ 729.77 $ 738.90
1%​
VOO $ 339.03 $ 378.67
12%​
No excuses this time people!!!! It only takes $10 or less to get started. This is your opportunity to take control of your financial futures.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
M1 Finance for this.
Great! Yes, Google is expensive, but you have to look at it from a percentage point of view. Although Google may cost $1728 per share today. You could literally buy $17.28 or even $10.00 of Google and still benefit from the growth. So, that would mean since January one share grew 31% which is $335. Or $3.35 from your $17.28. or $1.31 from your $10.00. It's a win-win situation if the stock is performing well.

Remember, we are playing the long game. This is not about getting rich overnight. It is about having a strategy and sticking to it for the long haul until you have reached your goal.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
@Tito_Jackson You should speak on entry point.

For example, the run $SQ is on right now can't be a good buying point, unless you got in before earnings call.
The reason I "ignore" this in this thread is due to the Average Cost Per Share. People should be dropping $10 to $100 into their accounts weekly and automatically or manually grabbing shares. SQ experienced a dip recently which would have been a great entry point. However, the 12-month history leads us to believe that the shares will continue to rise. So, yes, earnings would be greater by getting in lower. But, this thread is intended for new and passive investors with little to no experience. Our other thread has more detail regarding being a savvier investor. My goal is to just get our people started with as few hurdles as possible. I have found that people are terrified of investing and the stock market. I am working to break down this barrier in m real life and as much as I can here. I recently submitted a grant proposal that would allow me to give attendees of my financial classes $100 to use to start their investment accounts. Thus completely eliminating the fear.

But, again, your point does not go unnoticed. I will look into how to add entry buy points with each month's update. Or as I see dips, I may just update the thread with a buy alert. I can set up alerts in my platforms to let me know of dips.