How Successful Will Lamelo be in the NBA?

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
He's doing better than I expected especially a couple years ago. Best thing to happen to him was him growing to 6'7 which took his passing to another level and made it easier for him to finish around the rim. I still haven't seen enough to see how much effort he's putting in on defense but it does look like the Hornets have stopped him from taking all of the stupid pull up 3's that he used to take.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I love his post game interviews.....lol, he's brief and to the point but not dry. That's a tough combo. He's an all-star interviewee already.

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
Read you all’s comments...
In here gawking over two of the most overrated players in the league.
You all acting like they’re top 10 players or some shit. Worst than Skip Sayless the way you hype who you like instead of who’s actually deserving of the hype.​
Exactly. Now we're going to be fatherless haters for not drinking the kool-aid. Lonzo was once the youngest to get triple double. And he's still looking like a mediocre at best kinda player. Pump the brakes

Last edited:

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
He's doing better than I expected especially a couple years ago. Best thing to happen to him was him growing to 6'7 which took his passing to another level and made it easier for him to finish around the rim. I still haven't seen enough to see how much effort he's putting in on defense but it does look like the Hornets have stopped him from taking all of the stupid pull up 3's that he used to take.
Nah he still pulls it and it is still falling.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Nah he still pulls it and it is still falling.
Before he was literally bringing the ball up court and pulling it with no pass from 35 feet, regularly and missing a lot. He's shooting 35% from 3 which is fine but he has to continue to keep his shot selection in check

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Before he was literally bringing the ball up court and pulling it with no pass from 35 feet, regularly and missing a lot. He's shooting 35% from 3 which is fine but he has to continue to keep his shot selection in check
35% is just fine? Steph shoots 39%. 35% is damn good. Plus he shoots 47% at home. Young dude is on his way to being really special. We are only 10 games into the season. Once he gets more comfortable with the league, he's gonna really be a problem.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
35% is just fine? Steph shoots 39%. 35% is damn good. Plus he shoots 47% at home. Young dude is on his way to being really special. We are only 10 games into the season. Once he gets more comfortable with the league, he's gonna really be a problem.
And Steph has shot 43% for his career. This is Steph's 2nd worst season of his 12 year career. And his only worst season is last year when he played 5 games so to compare the 2 is ridiculous.
Again the kid has some skills that are tremendous but in order to harness them fully he has to continue to play to the best of his abilities and maintain a good shot selection and not jack up 30 foot 3's as if he was Steph Curry. Get the board or the outlet pass and drop dimes in transition.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Soooooooooo??????? Are dudes who were doubting this young man really gonna go silent now?? I think it is time for you doubters to give this dude his props. Lamelo is hands down the rookie of the year.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Soooooooooo??????? Are dudes who were doubting this young man really gonna go silent now?? I think it is time for you doubters to give this dude his props. Lamelo is hands down the rookie of the year.

His behind the back passes are sick af

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
I am a fan of LaMelo Ball. It is entertaining to see him make the same skills
he developed while playing for LaVar in those LA teams work for him in the
NBA. Those who think LaMelo cannot shoot will eat their words. Once he
fully adjusts to the speed of the NBA game, people will find out that he has
the range of Steph Curry, but with more speed and tricks in his game. What
has enamoured people so far are the ball handling skill, the fearlessness and
the ability to drive to the basket... But the boy can score from anywhere on
the floor....

One thing I like is that he is making a commitment to try and defend. When
he played for his dad, he was a spoiled brat who did not involve himself in
anything on the defensive end, and more than once, it made LaVar extremely
angry.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
So, we gonna act like Charlotte isn't in 7th place in the East? Ahead of Toronto and Washington??

They are 500. Guess who who else is currently at 500? GS.

This young fella has brought life into a dying franchise.
They are must see tv.