How Kamala Harris became 'the incredible disappearing vice president'

Wobble Wobble

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She's making history by doing nothing substantial.

I take it you'd rather a vice president leading the effort to get the United States into a war with Saddam Hussein's Iraq with only the slightest input by the President, a war in which 5,000 US troops died and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis died and Iran gets a stronger hand in the region. That's a good example of vice-presidenting?

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
What V.P has ever been visible?
all-of-them-kevin-hart.gif

mozartte

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What pissed me off was black women (especially the AKA's) with all that divine 9 / black girl magic talk. I swear we do dumb shit without thinking what happens down the line. This was an obvious setup and black women fell hook line sinker. At least most did.....

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What pissed me off was black women (especially the AKA's) with all that divine 9 / black girl magic talk. I swear we do dumb shit without thinking what happens down the line. This was an obvious setup and black women fell hook line sinker. At least most did.....
do you know what the job of the vice president is??

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To help secure votes that the running mate wouldn't necessarily get on their own.
no...the JOB..the Vice President's FUNCTION is to wait for the President to die. To ensure theres no power vacuum and the command structure remains intact and unbroken. Everything else is secondary to that.

All the other things that VPs do are just political manipulations that they may or may not excel at.

This notion that Harris is the "disappearing VP" is ridiculous when NO ONE has ever relied on the VP to do much historically beyond what I just described. The only VP I'm aware of who wielded any kind of power was Dick Chaney under Bush...that motherfucker was running a shadow operation.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I was voting against Trump regardless of the VP selection but I really didn't want to vote for a wench. :smh: All of the dumb shit that happened during her campaign and caused it to implode, unsurprisingly, is happening again with the VP's office. I think we are in a more precarious situation now than in 2020 because you can't win with her at the top of the ticket but if you take her off, you risk losing your most loyal demographic.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was voting against Trump regardless of the VP selection but I really didn't want to vote for a wench. :smh: All of the dumb shit that happened during her campaign and caused it to implode, unsurprisingly, is happening again with the VP's office. I think we are in a more precarious situation now than in 2020 because you can't win with her at the top of the ticket but if you take her off, you risk losing your most loyal demographic.
Mike Pence was invisible for 4 years ......until January 6th came around.
Then there were MAGA cacs marching thru the US Capitol looking to hang his ass.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mike Pence was invisible for 4 years ......until January 6th came around.
Then there were MAGA cacs marching thru the US Capitol looking to hang his ass.

What drama came out of the office of the VP while Pence was in office? He was clowned relentlessly about how loyal and sycophantic he was towards Trump. Are you really trying to argue the same is true of Harris?

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm just saying he was invisible
Exactly the issue. When he was visible he was doing the exact dumb shit that trump and these idiots cacs would cosign. Remember this dumb shit? :lol:

The issue isn't that she should be doing more but that her own personal bullshit is taking up bandwidth. How many articles have come out either from her camp complaining about her role OR from people leaving and complaining about the lack of leadership and overall environment in the office? :smh:
We went from "no drama" Obama to her fighting with Charlemagne.:lol: The fucked up part of all of this is that no matter how terrible I think she is, I will be casting a ballot again as a vote against DeSantis or whatever other nut job cac the GOP puts on the ticket.:lol:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What drama came out of the office of the VP while Pence was in office? He was clowned relentlessly about how loyal and sycophantic he was towards Trump. Are you really trying to argue the same is true of Harris?
isn't it??

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Exactly the issue. When he was visible he was doing the exact dumb shit that trump and these idiots cacs would cosign. Remember this dumb shit? :lol:

The issue isn't that she should be doing more but that her own personal bullshit is taking up bandwidth. How many articles have come out either from her camp complaining about her role OR from people leaving and complaining about the lack of leadership and overall environment in the office? :smh:
We went from "no drama" Obama to her fighting with Charlemagne.:lol: The fucked up part of all of this is that no matter how terrible I think she is, I will be casting a ballot again as a vote against DeSantis or whatever other nut job cac the GOP puts on the ticket.:lol:
you don't think past VPs had the same issues with their office?? the ONLY reason anyone is paying attention to harris to this degree has more to do with what she is than anything else... I KNOW you understand this....so why play into it???

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
you don't think past VPs had the same issues with their office?? the ONLY reason anyone is paying attention to harris to this degree has more to do with what she is than anything else... I KNOW you understand this....so why play into it???

I'm not going to ignore absolute incompetence just because cacs don't like her. They hated Obama too and he still managed to do the job with none of the bullshit that she has brought to the VP's office. All of the same dumb shit that happened during her campaign has already happened since she has been in office.

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I think the rethug vp's have a tendency to be in the public more than the democrat vp's . For instance,Bush was in the public eye for 8 years:giggle: