Houston Astros caught cheating in 2017: Manager and GM......FIRED! Dusty Baker HIRED!

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Plot twist

“The net effect of the banging comes astonishingly close to being zero,” Arthur wrote on Jan. 30. “Nothing. Statistically, for all the work and effort that went into the cheating scheme, the grand result of it ... turned out to be no runs at all.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Plot twist

“The net effect of the banging comes astonishingly close to being zero,” Arthur wrote on Jan. 30. “Nothing. Statistically, for all the work and effort that went into the cheating scheme, the grand result of it ... turned out to be no runs at all.”

:lol:

I was just gonna post this!!!

Told you just chill and keep ya mouths shut and the tide will enviably swing back.

But ummm

It would STILL mean yall cheated

And if it did not help.

Wtf stupid sh*t is that?

And also you can stop finger pointing and dry snitching cause every other team can claim the same thing now

spider705

BGOL Investor
:lol:

I was just gonna post this!!!

Told you just chill and keep ya mouths shut and the tide will enviably swing back.

But ummm

It would STILL mean yall cheated

And if it did not help.

Wtf stupid sh*t is that?

And also you can stop finger pointing and dry snitching cause every other team can claim the same thing now
Yeah it makes it look even worse in my opinion... you didn't need to do it, but you did anyways...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Plot twist

You know real talk...

I believe the astros did this

And it barely helped if at all

and like most stupid ball players just kept doing it out of superstition and habit.

So just of stupid?

The deserve the hate

But this take championship back stuff need to stop.

Asterisk is as FAR as I'm willing to go

spider705

BGOL Investor
You know real talk...

I believe the astros did this

And it barely helped if at all

and like most stupid ball players just kept doing it out of superstition and habit.

So just of stupid?

The deserve the hate

But this take championship back stuff need to stop.

Asterisk is as FAR as I'm willing to go

Baseball superstitions are CRAZY

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Baseball superstitions are CRAZY

Fam bookmark this

That is ALL THIS IS.

And nerds running baseball coercing players with analytical stuff

They still assholes

and i swear THAT caused all these hysterics

But now you got dudes out here acting like the astros were some damn d3 squad.

spider705

BGOL Investor
Fam bookmark this

That is ALL THIS IS.

And nerds running baseball coercing players with analytical stuff

They still assholes

and i swear THAT caused all these hysterics

But now you got dudes out here acting like the astros were some damn d3 squad.
Man I'll just say it:
We pissed off the wrong franchisees and fan bases

(Sox, Yanks, Dodgers)

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Man I'll just say it:

(Sox, Yanks, Dodgers)
BINGO!!!!!

I3SNrn.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Alex Rodriguez ripped the Astros for not being as remorseful as he was over cheating

Andrew Joseph
March 3, 2020 5:52 pm
In the months since the Astros cheating scandal turned the baseball world upside down, players and fans have been quick to comment about Houston’s cheating, the punishment (or lack thereof) and the team’s apology.
On Tuesday, noted cheater Alex Rodriguez chimed in on the scandal, and he too was disappointed in the Astros’ response.
While calling a Grapefruit League matchup between the Yankees and Red Sox on ESPN, Rodriguez compared his PED use and suspension during his playing career to how the Astros handled their own cheating scandal this offseason.
Rodriguez was hit with a 211-game suspension stemming from the Biogenesis scandal in 2013. This suspension came four years after he admitted to using steroids earlier in his career. On Tuesday, Rodriguez said he deserved that punishment while the Astros seemingly escaped without punishment or remorse.

He said:
“I think the one thing that has really upset the fans is you cheat, you win a championship, there is no suspension, and then there’s no remorse. The last one I think is probably the worst one because people want to see remorse. They want a real, authentic apology. And they have not received that thus far.”
Rodriguez continued:
“From a guy who has made as many mistakes as anybody on the biggest stage — I served the longest suspension in Major League Baseball history, it cost me well over $35 million, and you know what? I deserved that. And as a result, I came back. I owned it after acting like a buffoon for a long time. I had my apologies, and then I went dark. I wanted my next move to be contrite, but I also wanted to go out and play good baseball and change my narrative. … You have to be accountable. You’ve earned all this negative talk. You’ve earned whatever comes your way, including whether it’s hit by a pitch or negative press.”
As part of MLB’s investigation, Astros players were offered immunity in exchange for cooperating with the league’s inquiry.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man I'll just say it:

(Sox, Yanks, Dodgers)

Alex Cora Speaks Out Against ‘Mastermind’ Accusations In Astros’ Sign-Stealing Scheme
June 11, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Filed Under:Alex Cora, Boston Red Sox, Houston Astros, MLB, Rob Manfred, Sign Stealing, Sports News

BOSTON (CBS) — Alex Cora participated in a process to steal signs for the Houston Astros in 2017, and for that, he believes he deserves punishment.
Yet the now-former Red Sox manager who is suspended for the 2020 season wants to set the record straight after Major League Baseball and the Astros organization singled him out as the “mastermind” of the entire operation.

ADVERTISING

“There has been a narrative out there of what happened,” Cora told ESPN’s Marly Rivera. “Ever since mid-November until the commissioner announced the results of the Red Sox investigation, I have read many things that are true and many others that are not. Out of this whole process, if there is one thing that I completely reject and disagree with is people within the Astros’ organization singling me out, particularly [former general manager] Jeff Luhnow, as if I were the sole mastermind. The commissioner’s report sort of explained, in its own way, what happened. But the [Astros players] have spoken up and refuted any allegations that I was solely responsible.”
Since the MLB investigation concluded, only Cora, former Astros manager A.J. Hinch, and Luhnow were punished by the league. Carlos Beltran, who was a player on the 2017 Astros, eventually ended up losing his job as Mets manager before he ever got to manage a game.
No Astros player received any punishment at all, as commissioner Rob Manfred issued punishment only to those who had no union protection.
“If there is one thing I am absolutely sure of, it is that it was not a two-man show. We all did it,” Cora told ESPN. “And let me be very clear that I am not denying my responsibility, because we were all responsible.”
Cora added: “I deserve my suspension and I’m paying the price for my actions. And I am not proud of what happened. We made a mistake as a group, the entire team. What happened was something that, if you ask anyone involved, no one is proud of it. We’re all at fault. Everybody. We’re all responsible. Everyone who was part of the team from around mid-May until the end of the season, we are all responsible.”
MLB also investigated the 2018 Red Sox for a sign-stealing scheme but found that Cora was not responsible in any way for that. Instead, MLB suspended the replay room operator for a year.
Cora and the Red Sox mutually parted ways after the Astros’ investigation notes were publicized by Manfred, but Cora said he does hope to return to baseball once his suspension ends.
“Right now, all I care about is my personal life and my family,” Cora told ESPN. “This has not been an easy time for us, and it’s my fault. Do I want to return the game? Absolutely. That’s why I worked so hard for so many years before being named Red Sox manager. But right now, all of that is secondary. My focus is on much more important things.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ex-Red Sox Manager Alex Cora: Astros' Sign-Stealing Wasn't a '2-Man Show'
JOSEPH ZUCKERJUNE 11, 202054

Billie Weiss/Boston Red Sox/Getty Images

Former Boston Red Sox manager Alex Cora questioned the general perception surrounding the Houston Astros' sign-stealing scheme during their World Series-winning season in 2017.

Cora told ESPN's Marly Rivera that he wasn't denying his role in the scandal but argued it "was not a two-man show" involving him and former Astros player Carlos Beltran:

"There has been a narrative out there of what happened. Ever since mid-November until the commissioner announced the results of the Red Sox investigation, I have read many things that are true and many others that are not. Out of this whole process, if there is one thing that I completely reject and disagree with is people within the Astros organization singling me out, particularly (former general manager) Jeff Luhnow, as if I were the sole mastermind. The commissioner's report sort of explained, in its own way, what happened. But the guys (Astros players) have spoken up and refuted any allegations that I was solely responsible."

MLB suspended Luhnow and Astros manager AJ Hinch for one year following its investigation. The Astros subsequently fired both.
Cora and Beltran were referenced throughout MLB's official report, and one could've easily come away believing they were the masterminds:
"Approximately two months into the 2017 season, a group of players, including Carlos Beltran, discussed that the team could improve on decoding opposing teams' signs and communicating the signs to the batter. Cora arranged for a video room technician to install a monitor displaying the center field camera feed immediately outside of the Astros' dugout. [...]
Videos you might like
"Witnesses consistently describe this new scheme as player-driven, and with the exception of Cora, non-player staff, including individuals in the video replay review room, had no involvement in the banging scheme."

The full scope of the scandal may never be known, however, since MLB couldn't name players who remain active. Beltran retired after the 2017 season, so he was fair game.

Otherwise, punishing members of the Astros roster would've meant going up against the MLB Players Association.
In the league's report, commissioner Rob Manfred referenced a memo he sent to teams in 2017 regarding rules that prohibit the use of electronic devices to steal opposing teams' signs. The Wall Street Journal's Jared Diamond reported the league didn't think it could punish Astros players because Luhnow apparently never forwarded the memo to other members of the organization:

As a result, fans were left to float conspiracy theories about how active players might have involved themselves in the strategy.
MLB also investigated the Red Sox for similar allegations during the 2018 season, Cora's first year at the helm.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Alex Cora: Astros' sign-stealing wasn't two-man show
4:21 PM ET
  • Marly RiveraESPN Writer
Former Red Sox manager and Astros bench coach Alex Cora is taking responsibility for his role in the sign-stealing saga, but he isn't ready to shoulder all the blame.
Cora received a season-long suspension after the commissioner's office found he played a pivotal role in the Astros' sign-stealing scheme in 2017, the year they won the World Series. After the investigation, he lost his job with the Red Sox.
Cora, 44, told ESPN that he deserved his punishment for his role in the Astros' scheme, but he took umbrage with suggestions that he and Carlos Beltrán, the Astros' designated hitter in his final season in the majors in 2017, were the driving forces behind it.
"There has been a narrative out there of what happened. Ever since mid-November until the commissioner announced the results of the Red Sox investigation, I have read many things that are true and many others that are not," he said. "Out of this whole process, if there is one thing that I completely reject and disagree with is people within the Astros' organization singling me out, particularly [former general manager] Jeff Luhnow, as if I were the sole mastermind. The commissioner's report sort of explained, in its own way, what happened. But the [Astros players] have spoken up and refuted any allegations that I was solely responsible."
He added: "If there is one thing I am absolutely sure of, it is that it was not a two-man show. We all did it. And let me be very clear that I am not denying my responsibility, because we were all responsible."

ADVERTISEMENT

Cora has kept a low profile since the commissioner concluded his reports on the Astros and allegations that the Red Sox also had a sign-stealing operation during their 2018 title season -- when Cora was manager.
"Out of respect for the investigation, I decided to stay out of the spotlight. Talking about it wasn't going to change anything," Cora said. "I deserve my suspension and I'm paying the price for my actions. And I am not proud of what happened. We made a mistake as a group, the entire [Astros] team. What happened was something that, if you ask anyone involved, no one is proud of it. We're all at fault. Everybody. We're all responsible. Everyone who was part of the team from around mid-May until the end of the season, we are all responsible."
As for MLB suspending Red Sox video replay system operator J.T. Watkins and stripping the team of its second-round draft pick this year, Cora stated that the report "speaks for itself."
The league determined Boston's replay room was used to circumvent the rules, but without the manager's knowledge. Although Cora will be eligible to return in 2021, that's not his focus at this time.

"Right now, all I care about is my personal life and my family. This has not been an easy time for us, and it's my fault," he said. "Do I want to return to the game? Absolutely. That's why I worked so hard for so many years before being named Red Sox manager. But right now, all of that is secondary. My focus is on much more important things."
Cora, who spoke to ESPN after a charity event to provide financial support for sanitation workers in his hometown of Caguas, Puerto Rico, acknowledges that many people will continue to believe that the Astros' 2017 World Series title is tainted.
"I understand why people think that our championship is not valid, and it's our fault that they think that. I am being honest and I apologize for what happened and for the mistakes we made as a group," he said. "I understand why people are disappointed. I am disappointed in myself. At the time, one doesn't think about the consequences. It was something that kept growing and growing, and in the end, it was wrong. We made a mistake and I must pay for the consequences of my actions."

spider705

BGOL Investor
What's good Yankee fans???

Y'all been talking cash shit... let's see what's popping when that letter get unsealed

:zipit:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
What's good Yankee fans???

Y'all been talking cash shit... let's see what's popping when that letter get unsealed

:zipit:

I am not familiar with this correspondence you speak of..

perhaps you can bang on some trash cans and send me electrical shock messages to my chest with your apple watch

spider705

BGOL Investor
I am not familiar with this correspondence you speak of..

perhaps you can bang on some trash cans and send me electrical shock messages to my chest with your apple watch
I have a galaxy active2 watch, good sir...

And I can't wait until this shit get released

spider705

BGOL Investor

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I have a galaxy active2 watch, good sir...

And I can't wait until this shit get released

/dead

sidebar...

Coras apology?

One the BEST I have EVER heard

seriously.

THAT apology alone ensured him getting another coaching position in a year.

hell I want him as a coach.

If the Astros weren't being assholes and let HIM be be kinda the front person?

This all would be forgotten already

and honestly?

I kinda forget already

Last edited: