Home Invasion Attempt... At What Point Are You Allowed To Shoot?....

Simply_Black

International
International Member
Is it once when they've entered your driveway and made an obvious attempt to break in or do they have to physcially be in your house before being legally allowed to open fire?

.... and what sort of dumb advice is this from the security emergency helpline !!! :rolleyes2: :lol:

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Last edited:

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This just happened a few blocks from me.

We're lucky that we got impact proof doors and windows that make it impossible to shatter, but shit.. in Florida, I can meet him in my driveway and put a bullet in his skull and not worry about prosecution. It's a shame the person in the video didn't get the same fate.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Is it once when they've entered your driveway and made an obvious attempt to break in or do they have to physcially be in your house before being legally allowed to open fire?

.... and what sort of dumb advice is this from the security emergency helpline !!! :rolleyes2: :lol:

Security emergency helpline advised that man not to shoot if that crazy dude enters....at that point, you tell that helpline dude thanks for all your help, I think I got if from here....because anybody telling you that don't give a fuck if you live or die...and if you don't care, I don't need your advice in a life or death situation

bdquest9

To teach the truth to the young black youth
BGOL Investor
Long as they’re on my property inside or outside. Florida Castle Law.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I think in NC, they have to be in your house in order for you to shoot an intruder.

I think there was a case where someone shot a dude in the back as he was leaving and they still prosecuted the homeowner because “the intruder was no longer a threat.”

But I could be wrong on the laws here.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm almost certain you can't shoot someone through a door in just about any state. You might not get convicted, but the hassle and money spent defending yourself will be costly.

The moment he breaks in, then you can blow him away. I think the homeowner did the right thing by waiting for the cops.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm almost certain you can't shoot someone through a door in just about any state. You might not get convicted, but the hassle and money spent defending yourself will be costly.

The moment he breaks in, then you can blow him away. I think the homeowner did the right thing by waiting for the cops.

Shit, in Florida you can shoot someone trying to break into your house as the burglar is presumed to have intentions of committing violence.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Just make sure when po-po get there there is only one story - yours.

If you got to cap the motherfucker in the back, make sure to turn the body around.

IINM the criteria is if you fear for life and limb for any occupants. Of course, we're Black (some of us) so we have to be on mission; there have to be no doubts we squeezed properly.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Has to be active intrusion. Say they were kicking at the door or climbing through a window; you can shoot. But there better be some serious proof they were trying or almost inside your home. Blood spatter tells all. A friend is a crime scene investigator and there is so much shit you can’t do, sometimes even if they are in the house. State by state, but it’s tricky.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor

They can't tell him to shoot him.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Has to be active intrusion. Say they were kicking at the door or climbing through a window; you can shoot. But there better be some serious proof they were trying or almost inside your home. Blood spatter tells all. A friend is a crime scene investigator and there is so much shit you can’t do, sometimes even if they are in the house. State by state, but it’s tricky.
As someone already stated. It all depends on your state's laws and it also depends on the prosecutor.

Simply_Black

International
International Member
They can't tell him to shoot him.

They can at least advise him to defend himself... that's the least any caring person would say.... what's the point in paying for home security when you can't even get life saving advice when an attempting is made to potentially harm you.

Last edited:

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Depends on your state’s law.
In Louisiana you can kill them in your yard as it is considered an extension of your home.​

That is correct. There is really isn't a federal assault/murder charge except in limited circumstances. It all depends on the state. In some states, you must feel that your life or the life of someone else is endangered or bodily harm. In other states, there's something called the Castle Doctrine, which applies if your property was threatened. And that can further depend on whether or not the state recognizes the curtilage. I knew someone who shot an unarmed intruder breaking into his truck in Texas. No charges filed.