HBO Series: Watchmen (2019) (drops 10/20/19) Thread

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Man that whole shit the same except the last 10 minutes and even then it's effectively the same. The squid angle from the book creates the squid angle from the show, nothing else is different.
ok - so who is still sending the squids?

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
OK, I watched it I forgot to comment because Disney Plus came out and I've been watching Gargolyes, Talespin, and X-men for HOURS.

ANYWAY

In a very real way, Regina and Laurie are pulling a True Detective right in front of our eyes.
I don't get the complaint about her husband dude is a fucking good man. He has no faults AT ALL in any scene he's been in. Strong, honest, caring and he's got her wrapped around his finger. Strength ain't smacking people. It's not needing to shine and let others do it.

Lady True came with the I have a son for you also sell me the house OK all of this is mine. She is very intriguing and clearly fake.
Ozy is the same dude he always been lol. A prisoner always wanting more while causing destruction in his wake.

I knew Reeves could stand. Lady is doing the same thing to her daughter.
I'm along for the ride more than trying to predict this one. It doesn't last long enough imo
That hour goes by too fast.

i don't think that is her daughter as much as it is her clone.

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

1. Jumbled Timeline

We could be in for a Westworld-type twist in Watchmen--namely, that the events are not concurrently or even sequentially ordered.
First the obvious: each of Veidt's cakes signifies the passage of a year (perhaps the anniversary of when he was first imprisoned?), and Veidt has been captive for four years--much longer than the amount of time that has passed on Earth since the death of Sheriff Crawford.
In a separate scene, we see Lady Trieu witness the crash of a UFO on the property she just bought. One online theory is that Veidt, who engineered his escape from his outer space prison, is now the "property" of his successor.
We don't know when this crash landing scene took place either; it also could have happened years before the current timeline. And that brings us to another interesting theory…

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor

1. Jumbled Timeline

We could be in for a Westworld-type twist in Watchmen--namely, that the events are not concurrently or even sequentially ordered.
First the obvious: each of Veidt's cakes signifies the passage of a year (perhaps the anniversary of when he was first imprisoned?), and Veidt has been captive for four years--much longer than the amount of time that has passed on Earth since the death of Sheriff Crawford.
In a separate scene, we see Lady Trieu witness the crash of a UFO on the property she just bought. One online theory is that Veidt, who engineered his escape from his outer space prison, is now the "property" of his successor.
We don't know when this crash landing scene took place either; it also could have happened years before the current timeline. And that brings us to another interesting theory…
Time on the planet veidt is imprisoned on may pass by faster or slower then time on earth. A year on clonepondian could equal a day on earth.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
20 like out of 100? Meaning the show was shit?

Or 20 like out of 10 meaning the show exceeded expectations

I really liked this episode. It gave us good back story information but also still make you think like "man what the fuck is happening and what the fuck is about to happen"... This is becoming a good mystery and I like it.

I think he means 20 outta 10...surpassing expectations
looking forward to seeing it, missed it last night

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Can’t wait for the next episode! Finally get some answers about Will Reeves, but the more answers we get, then the more questions we have. That’s what I like about it. Just like Westworld. Nothing is straight forward. Looking Glass if he survives the 7th Cavalry raid on his crib has to explain to Sista Knight why he turned her in. Although we know he did it because he wanted answers which was selfish on his part, but he did it to save her family. That’s his saving grace when he finally tells her why.

So, Veidt is on Mars? Or was that some other planet? I couldn’t tell.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Can’t wait for the next episode! Finally get some answers about Will Reeves, but the more answers we get, then the more questions we have. That’s what I like about it. Just like Westworld. Nothing is straight forward. Looking Glass if he survives the 7th Cavalry raid on his crib has to explain to Sista Knight why he turned her in. Although we know he did it because he wanted answers which was selfish on his part, but he did it to save her family. That’s his saving grace when he finally tells her why.

I still think that he is on the moon. They always voom in on the moon and cut to his scene.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

it looks like he was on a moon of mars.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
I still think that he is on the moon. They always voom in on the moon and cut to his scene.

interesting thought that it is the earth's moon. but the problem i have with that is why was a red planet simulating mars appearing so close to that particular moon.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I BEEN a fan of Bass...

just to let ya;ll know.