HBO: Insecure -- Season 5 Official Discussion Thread (Final Season)

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Molly fucking everything up and finally realized she's the problem.
Issa said some shit in that argument that can't be taken back. They don't make cards for that one.
Lawrence is so pissed. So fucking mad. He's immediately thinking about being a good guy and not fucking the bank chick
I am happiest that he did not hit her and that they did not make him hit her. He got out of there.

Fuck that was intense.

Last edited:

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've encountered plenty of Molly's in my earlier/mid twenties when a brother was trying find his way. Those same women are still single in their thirties

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Issa said some shit in that argument that can't be taken back. They don't make cards for that one.
Lawrence is so pissed. So fucking mad. He's immediately thinking about being a good guy and not fucking the bank chick
I am happiest that he did not hit her and that they did not make him hit her. He got out of there.

Fuck that was intense.

Put up that spoiler alert brozay

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm secure enough with my sexuality to say ol girl tripping and just refuse to be happy like a lot of black women.

Have I ever thought about shit like that hell no. But I understand sexual exploration especially when you are young.

A drunk night he let some one go down on him and he immediately said that shit ain't for him.

You got niggas out here getting thumbs in the but and other shit by hoes and that is acceptable?

He was open enough to tell a shameful secret to her and that's how she reacted just shows that she ain't the one for him. Move on.

I think it outlined the hypocrisy on how men and women's sexuality are viewed differently. The irony is that even the other women knew their man wouldn't do such s thing, but they really don't know. It is the frame of thinking that causes these women to get with cats who are on the down low.
I know this is BGOl so you have to qualify your statement because it is a microcosm of how men are viewed sexually. I used to go with this woman who repeatedly let this chick eat her out. I said... Isn't that gay. She said no because she only had it done to her. Oh well. I didn't really care because we were together but I just could have imagined if the shoe was on the other foot. It is the same as those dudes who get locked up and and then rationalize their behavior because they weren't the ones getting it or giving it. Shit is kinda sick to me like that Harold and Kumar Escapes Guantanamo scene.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
You're logical, some ain't..lol

So you fucked up our shit for some nigga that's a mistake???

ep96Mmr.gif

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I just had one of those this weekend and I know the friendship is over, so I must see it. *sniff*

Yea you gonna be in your feelings The shit came to a head because Molly was acting pissy.. she really turned hella bitter right in front of our eyes. She hadn't been up to this point, just misguided.
Also Issa kinda don't like nobody calling her on her shit either..
So that was just a recipe for disaster and they said some things they can't take back.

It'll be a while before they talk it won't be like the 1st time they fought this season and she brought over ice cream and it was all good.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Fuck that was intense.

Yeah that was intense and real because I think a lot of guys have been in a situation where all you want to do is escape the situation before it escalates yet the chick keeps you from leaving by blocking the exit.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Yeah that was intense and real because I think a lot of guys have been in a situation where all you want to do is escape the situation before it escalates yet the chick keeps you from leaving by blocking the exit.

I've been there before. I was proud of Lawrence for not hitting her. I didn't hit her either. I got out of there, so I can relate fully to that.
Now I hope he DOESN'T fuck the bank teller until whatever it is or isn't with Issa is officially resolved.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Yeah things were said that can't be unsaid.

I always rewatch specific shit. I've watched that conversation like 20 times right now. How it escalated. How it went to the point of no return. How Molly was speaking from the heart and Issa was just trying to clap back. You could see who was feeling it and who was saying shit.
Molly was REALLY disgusted but didn't judge Issa because she sees who Lawrence is. Everybody saw it but Issa. Issa didn't even see it until after she fucked someone else and been on her guilt trip into love tip. If she HADN'T fucked daniel she'd still be acting funny with Lawrence while he was doing his best to get his life back on track.
Molly said what she said and MEANT IT.
Issa said what she said just to try and hurt Molly.
It worked.

POSTERBOY

Young OG
Platinum Member
Man, I just started watching. Because twitter was in an uproar, I saw the last Ep and tonight I saw this one. Fam, I know a black chick JUST like molly, even has the same bangs and wash and set (Molly shit a weave though) and soup coolers. Same issues of entitlement, hop dick to dick not realizing the issue is her, hits me the other day like "P, what's WRONG with me? I'm sad, I'm fucking up, how did you ever let me get like this?" I had to shut that down and remind her that I've tried NUMEROUS times to help her reign that in, even identifying the cycle for her and hitting her with "Yo, this is how it start Ma" every time I saw her sliding down that slope again. Thursday night, it's all "You right, you right. I'ma do this that and the third. I'ma chill, take some time to work on me" Hits me on saturday night at like 1:30 "P, I fucked up... I just came from a date" :smh:

As far as the show, Ol' girl should've just come clean man. That taking it to the grave shit doesn't work, and now that fam found out on his own he can't trust it, had she come to him and came clean, he was gonna be tight, but it's easier to believe she's sorry for the mistake she's made. Now she has to ride that wave with out her girl because she pulled her card as well.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Man, I just started watching. Because twitter was in an uproar, I saw the last Ep and tonight I saw this one. Fam, I know a black chick JUST like molly, even has the same bangs and wash and set (Molly shit a weave though) and soup coolers. Same issues of entitlement, hop dick to dick not realizing the issue is her, hits me the other day like "P, what's WRONG with me? I'm sad, I'm fucking up, how did you ever let me get like this?" I had to shut that down and remind her that I've tried NUMEROUS times to help her reign that in, even identifying the cycle for her and hitting her with "Yo, this is how it start Ma" every time I saw her sliding down that slope again. Thursday night, it's all "You right, you right. I'ma do this that and the third. I'ma chill, take some time to work on me" Hits me on saturday night at like 1:30 "P, I fucked up... I just came from a date" :smh:

As far as the show, Ol' girl should've just come clean man. That taking it to the grave shit doesn't work, and now that fam found out on his own he can't trust it, had she come to him and came clean, he was gonna be tight, but it's easier to believe she's sorry for the mistake she's made. Now she has to ride that wave with out her girl because she pulled her card as well.

Burned down all her bridges in one night man

POSTERBOY

Young OG
Platinum Member
Burned down all her bridges in one night man

Mind you my brotha, I don't think she's 100% at fault. Molly got her panties in a bunch because she suggested or said maybe therapy would help. No big deal at all, her reaction to it was some bullshit and sparked the back and forth. I need to start from EP.1 but I don't get the vibe that Issa looks down on people from her a high horse, especially not Molly.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Mind you my brotha, I don't think she's 100% at fault. Molly got her panties in a bunch because she suggested or said maybe therapy would help. No big deal at all, her reaction to it was some bullshit and sparked the back and forth. I need to start from EP.1 but I don't get the vibe that Issa looks down on people from her a high horse, especially not Molly.

Issa doesn't like anyone to call her out on her shit, just agree. Tonight she spoke about how Issa had been complaining about Lawrence and the job for years.. we see it in the episodes, she's complaining. At any point in time Molly could've been like..look Lawrence is a good man and you're full of shit.. if you don't want him go if you dont' like your job leave but Molly never did. Not once.
Then sure Molly was bitter as fuck tonight but she could've approached it different but she was riding high in this case which is why Molly reacted how she did. All the shit Issa did Molly never came at her like that.
Issa done made a viral hit about her broken pussy and it was all good.. soon as she says I'm running interference cause your side nigga was here...she goes into "why you bringing all of that up" like she just didn't tell Molly she is the reason she lonely and that she is impossible to please. So it's like Issa can tell you the truth but can't hear it?

Even the final one.. when Molly told the truth that Issa don't deserve Lawrence that was from the heart.
Issa said "Are you just mad cause I can keep a nigga?" that was a clap back trying to hurt her not help her at all.. cause keeping a nigga had nothing to do with the facts that Issa did what she did..

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
His reaction was perfect,what he said was perfect how he left was perfect.

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Fuck that was intense.

It was good that it left you on the edge because normally in movies you would see the man hit her, and they alluded to it in the previous episode, but I am glad they didn't let it play out like that.

They are both fucked. Young and dumb and live in a fantasy world. Isaac fucking dude and then rationalizing that it was her "what if" guy which is a load of bs because shit is not always rosy when you are with someone instead of fantasizing about someone. That "what if" person seems great because they are figments of your imagination.
Lawrence loved Isaac but she ain't the one. She sapped the energy out of his dreams but then I understand because many women like to play it safe career wise.

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

That taking into the grave shit works as long as you are not shitting where you eat. It was too close to home and it wasn't some random affair.
Women like Molly think their pussy all they need to sustain a relationship. She is not fucking dudes because she wants to fuck them which is perfectly fine. She is fucking dudes with expectations. She is also very vapid and about her social life. She can have that but it doesn't equate to happiness.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I always rewatch specific shit. I've watched that conversation like 20 times right now. How it escalated. How it went to the point of no return. How Molly was speaking from the heart and Issa was just trying to clap back. You could see who was feeling it and who was saying shit.
Molly was REALLY disgusted but didn't judge Issa because she sees who Lawrence is. Everybody saw it but Issa. Issa didn't even see it until after she fucked someone else and been on her guilt trip into love tip. If she HADN'T fucked daniel she'd still be acting funny with Lawrence while he was doing his best to get his life back on track.
Molly said what she said and MEANT IT.
Issa said what she said just to try and hurt Molly.
It worked.

All of this is truth.net

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
It was good that it left you on the edge because normally in movies you would see the man hit her, and they alluded to it in the previous episode, but I am glad they didn't let it play out like that.

They are both fucked. Young and dumb and live in a fantasy world. Isaac fucking dude and then rationalizing that it was her "what if" guy which is a load of bs because shit is not always rosy when you are with someone instead of fantasizing about someone. That "what if" person seems great because they are figments of your imagination.
Lawrence loved Isaac but she ain't the one. She sapped the energy out of his dreams but then I understand because many women like to play it safe career wise.

Lawrence is going to see how much of a catch he is
He bout to be LeBron on the dating free agent market.
He should take time and get his job on track and work on his app and work on his feelings before he tries anything though

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lawrence is going to see how much of a catch he is
He bout to be LeBron on the dating free agent market.
He should take time and get his job on track and work on his app and work on his feelings before he tries anything though

What he should do and what is most likely is key because you know once dudes get their feelings hurt they go on a rampage or something.
Yes... He should just get on his grind. Work the gig and his app even though the app requires a full time commitment but he is gonna need the cash. He gonna have to stay away from those upwardly mobile women types because they care about how they are perceived than who they really are. Issa is the same as her friend even though she acts otherwise.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
What he should do and what is most likely is key because you know once dudes get their feelings hurt they go on a rampage or something.
Yes... He should just get on his grind. Work the gig and his app even though the app requires a full time commitment but he is gonna need the cash. He gonna have to stay away from those upwardly mobile women types because they care about how they are perceived than who they really are. Issa is the same as her friend even though she acts otherwise.

She going to learn in the morning just how bad her night was.
Shit was not a game and she can't even turn to molly for help.

POSTERBOY

Young OG
Platinum Member
Issa doesn't like anyone to call her out on her shit, just agree. Tonight she spoke about how Issa had been complaining about Lawrence and the job for years.. we see it in the episodes, she's complaining. At any point in time Molly could've been like..look Lawrence is a good man and you're full of shit.. if you don't want him go if you dont' like your job leave but Molly never did. Not once.
Then sure Molly was bitter as fuck tonight but she could've approached it different but she was riding high in this case which is why Molly reacted how she did. All the shit Issa did Molly never came at her like that.
Issa done made a viral hit about her broken pussy and it was all good.. soon as she says I'm running interference cause your side nigga was here...she goes into "why you bringing all of that up" like she just didn't tell Molly she is the reason she lonely and that she is impossible to please. So it's like Issa can tell you the truth but can't hear it?

Even the final one.. when Molly told the truth that Issa don't deserve Lawrence that was from the heart.
Issa said "Are you just mad cause I can keep a nigga?" that was a clap back trying to hurt her not help her at all.. cause keeping a nigga had nothing to do with the facts that Issa did what she did..

Makes sense. I'm going to watch from Ep.1 later on tonight, I have to get the full scope because all I've seen so far are these 2.

That taking into the grave shit works as long as you are not shitting where you eat. It was too close to home and it wasn't some random affair.

Unless it's a 100% random there's a high chance of it coming back to bite you in the ass. Even if the person has as much to lose as yourself, if you carry on an affair and they get busted there's no telling what kind of bullshit they'll be on. She should have just came clean and called it a day.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
I think issa should have talked to her ex dude when he was try to contact her. Told him whats up n that would been that! Hell when she n her dude had a lil spat n she was so called done her so called ex dude said he wasnt lookn for a relationship! She to me she stepped all in it!!

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Makes sense. I'm going to watch from Ep.1 later on tonight, I have to get the full scope because all I've seen so far are these 2.

Unless it's a 100% random there's a high chance of it coming back to bite you in the ass. Even if the person has as much to lose as yourself, if you carry on an affair and they get busted there's no telling what kind of bullshit they'll be on. She should have just came clean and called it a day.

The code word is she was having an affair and not a random fuck. She was having an emotional affair at first that turned into something physical. She had been having that affair for years in her mind.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
The code word is she was having an affair and not a random fuck. She was having an emotional affair at first that turned into something physical. She had been having that affair for years in her mind.

Right she was stalking him before they even reconnected
She even lied to get molly to go to the club knowing he'd be there pretending like she didn't .

POSTERBOY

Young OG
Platinum Member
Right she was stalking him before they even reconnected
She even lied to get molly to go to the club knowing he'd be there pretending like she didn't .

:lol: She was stalking dude? How did I come so late to the party?! :lol: bout to watch this shit on HBO GO