BALTIMORE (WBFF) - A driver was burned and his car destroyed after fire officials said he was using hand sanitizer while smoking a cigarette.
It happened Thursday at a shopping center in Rockville, Baltimore.
Montgomery County Fire & Rescue spokesman Pete Piringer said the vehicle fire was reported at about 5:30 p.m. off of Rockville Pike.
He said it was caused by the "driver using hand sanitizer & smoking a cigarette, which is a bad combo in an unventilated area like a car."
The car is a "total loss," Piringer said, and the victim was taken to a hospital with minor burns.