Haitian President Jovenel Moise has been assassinated

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
MIAMI — With her elbow shattered by gunfire and her mouth full of blood, the first lady of Haiti lay on the floor beside her bed, unable to breathe, as the assassins stormed the room.

“The only thing that I saw before they killed him were their boots,” Martine Moïse said of the moment her husband, President Jovenel Moïse of Haiti, was shot dead beside her. “Then I closed my eyes, and I didn’t see anything else.”

She listened as they ransacked the room, searching methodically for something in her husband’s files, she said. “‘That’s not it. That’s not it,’” she recalled them saying in Spanish, over and over. Then finally: “‘That’s it.’”

The killers filed out. One stepped on her feet. Another waved a flashlight in her eyes, apparently to check to see if she was still alive.

“When they left, they thought I was dead,” she said.

In her first interview since the president’s assassination on July 7, Mrs. Moïse, 47, described the searing pain of witnessing her husband, a man with whom she had shared 25 years, being killed in front of her. She did not want to relive the deafening gunfire, the walls and windows trembling, the terrifying certainty that her children would be killed, the horror of seeing her husband’s body, or how she fought to stand up after the killers left. “All that blood,” she said softly.

But she needed to speak, she said, because she did not believe that the investigation into his death had answered the central question tormenting her and countless Haitians: Who ordered and paid for the assassination of her husband?

The Haitian police have detained a wide array of people in connection with the killing, including 18 Colombians and several Haitians and Haitian Americans, and they are still seeking others. The suspects include retired Colombian commandos, a former judge, a security equipment salesman, a mortgage and insurance broker in Florida, and two commanders of the president’s security team. According to the Haitian police, the elaborate plot revolves around a 63-year-old doctor and pastor, Christian Emmanuel Sanon, who officials say conspired to hire the Colombian mercenaries to kill the president and seize political power.

But critics of the government’s explanation say that none of the people named in the investigation had the means to finance the plot on their own. And Mrs. Moïse, like many Haitians, believes there must have been a mastermind behind them, giving the orders and supplying the money.

She wants to know what happened to the 30 to 50 men who were usually posted at her house whenever her husband was at home. None of his guards were killed or even wounded, she said. “I don’t understand how nobody was shot,” she said.

At the time of his death, Mr. Moïse, 53, had been in the throes of a political crisis. Protesters accused him of overstaying his term, of controlling local gangs and of ruling by decree as the nation’s institutions were being hollowed out.

Mr. Moïse was also locked in battle with some of the nation’s wealthy oligarchs, including the family that controlled the nation’s electrical grid. While many people described the president as an autocratic leader, Mrs. Moïse said her fellow citizens should remember him as a man who stood up to the rich and powerful.

And now she wants to know if one of them had him killed.

“Only the oligarchs and the system could kill him,” she said.

Dressed in black, with her arm — now limp and perhaps useless forever, she said — wrapped in a sling and bandages, Mrs. Moïse offered an interview in South Florida on the agreement that The New York Times not reveal her whereabouts. Flanked by her children, security guards, Haitian diplomats and other advisers, she barely spoke above a whisper.

She and her husband had been asleep when the sounds of gunfire jolted them to their feet, she recalled. Mrs. Moïse said she ran to wake her two children, both in their early 20s, and urged them to hide in a bathroom, the only room without windows. They huddled there with their dog.

Her husband grabbed his telephone and called for help. “I asked, ‘Honey, who did you phone?’” she said.

“He said, ‘I found Dimitri Hérard; I found Jean Laguel Civil,’” she said, reciting the names of two top officials in charge of presidential security. “And they told me that they are coming.”

But the assassins entered the house swiftly, seemingly unencumbered, she said. Mr. Moïse told his wife to lie down on the floor so she would not get hurt.

“‘That’s where I think you will be safe,’” she recalled him saying.

It was the last thing he told her.

A burst of gunfire came through the room, she said, hitting her first. Struck in the hand and the elbow, she lay still on the floor, convinced that she, and everyone else in her family, had been killed.

None of the assassins spoke Creole or French, she said. The men spoke only Spanish, and communicated with someone on the phone as they searched the room. They seemed to find what they wanted on a shelf where her husband kept his files.

“They were looking for something in the room, and they found it,” Mrs. Moïse said.

She said she did not know what it was.

“At this moment, I felt that I was suffocating because there was blood in my mouth and I couldn’t breathe,” she said. “In my mind, everybody was dead, because if the president could die, everybody else could have died too.”

The men her husband had called for help, she said — the officials entrusted with his security — are now in Haitian custody.

And while she expressed satisfaction that a number of the accused conspirators have been detained, she is by no means satisfied. Mrs. Moïse wants international law enforcement agencies like the F.B.I., which searched homes in Florida this week as part of the investigation, to track the money that financed the killing. The Colombian mercenaries who were arrested, she said, did not come to Haiti to “play hide and seek,” and she wants to know who paid for it all.

In a statement on Friday, the F.B.I. said it “remains committed to working alongside our international partners to administer justice.”

Mrs. Moïse expected the money to trace back to wealthy oligarchs in Haiti, whose livelihoods were disrupted by her husband’s attacks on their lucrative contracts, she said.

Mrs. Moïse cited a powerful Haitian businessman who has wanted to run for president, Reginald Boulos, as someone who had something to gain from her husband’s death, though she stopped short of accusing him of ordering the assassination.

Mr. Boulos and his businesses have been at the center of a barrage of legal cases brought by the Haitian government,
which is investigating allegations of a preferential loan obtained from the state pension fund. Mr. Boulos’ bank accounts were frozen before Mr. Moïse’s death, and they were released to him immediately after he died, Mrs. Moïse said.

In an interview, Mr. Boulos stressed that a judge had ordered the release of his accounts only this week, after he took the Haitian government to court. He insisted that, far from being involved in the killing, his political career was actually better off with Mr. Moïse alive — because denouncing the president was such a pivotal part of Mr. Boulos’s platform.

“I had absolutely, absolutely, absolutely nothing to do with his murder, even in dreams,” Mr. Boulos said. “I support a strong, independent international investigation to find who came up with the idea, who financed it and who executed it.”

Mrs. Moïse said she wants the killers to know she is not scared of them.
“I would like people who did this to be caught, otherwise they will kill every single president who takes power,” she said.
“They did it once. They will do it again.”

She said she is seriously considering a run for the presidency, once she undergoes more surgeries on her wounded arm.
She has already had two surgeries, and doctors now plan to implant nerves from her feet in her arm, she said. She may never regain use of her right arm, she said, and can move only two fingers.

“President Jovenel had a vision,” she said, “and we Haitians are not going to let that die.”

‘They Thought I Was Dead’: Haitian President’s Widow Recounts Assassination

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Break...

The actor who played Bunk broke this down years ago

Forgot the interview

I think it was the spike Lee documentary

When the leevees broke?

I said this somewhere in this thread. Just imagine
If We were able to make it to Louisiana in force. I think about Toussaint dieing alot man. His death, sealed our fate and is direct result of the conditions that followed with Haiti. One of the greatest BLACK
MAN
to ever live! If not the greatest!!!!!

Last edited:

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
I said this somewhere in this thread. Just imagine
If We were able to make it to Louisiana in force. I think about Toussaint dieing alot man. His death, sealed our fate and is direct result of the conditions that followed with Haiti. One of the greatest BLACK
MAN
to ever live! If not the greatest!!!!!

The history of the Western world would have been different.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti — They examined the bodies of Haiti’s slain president and of the mercenaries who are accused of conspiring to kill him. Now they are in hiding, changing their location every few hours, with a backpack full of legal documents that could determine the fate of Haiti’s most important trial in decades.

A judge and two court clerks who collected evidence for the investigation into the killing of President Jovenel Moïse said in interviews and in formal complaints to the prosecutors’ office that unknown callers and visitors had pressured them to modify witnesses’ sworn statements. If they failed to comply, they were told, they could “expect a bullet in your head.”

Their requests for help from the authorities were ignored, said the clerks, Marcelin Valentin and Waky Philostène; and the justice of the peace, Carl Henry Destin, leaving their lives at risk.

The threats also further jeopardized an investigation that experts claim had been marred from the start by irregularities — and which many Haitians fear will not reveal the truth about the killing, despite vows by the country’s current leaders to enact swift justice...

...Soon afterward, Mr. Joseph asked Interpol and security agencies from the United States and Colombia to send investigators to Haiti. Yet once there, some of them struggled to gain access to evidence and to the suspects, according to officials familiar with the investigation. They say this wasted an opportunity to advance the case at a crucial phase.

Also, none of the suspects detained or sought by the Haitian police appear to have the resources or the connections to organize and finance a plot that the Haitian and Colombian authorities say was hatched in Haiti and Florida and involved flying in two dozen highly trained former commandos from Colombia....

...Mr. Valentin, the clerk, said that soon after witnessing the detained suspects’ initial interrogations and writing down their statements, he received a phone call from Mr. Moïse’s security chief, Jean Laguel Civil, asking him what they had said.
Later that day, he said, he was visited in his office by a man he did not know, who demanded that Mr. Valentin add the names of two prominent Haitians — Reginald Boulos, a businessman, and Youri Latortue, a politician — to the suspects’ statements, in effect implicating them in the plot.

Justice Ministry documents dated July 8 show that judicial officers were summoned to document two suspects' corpses outside a police station in the hilly upscale neighborhood of Petion-Ville, where the president's residence is also located. Colombian identification cards for Mauricio Javier Romero and Giraldo Duberney Capador -- the latter a former Colombian Army officer alleged to have recruited many suspected attackers -- were found with the bodies...

But the corpses had been moved, multiple sources say. As CNN has previously reported, several suspects were killed in an empty storefront around the corner, during the police pursuit after the assassination...

...Wounds found on Romero's body also raise questions about how he was killed -- investigators found a bullet wound in the back of his head, according to the report.
In the same report, investigators took statements from James Solages and Joseph Vincent, two US citizens alleged to be conspirators in the assassination plot, whose versions of events have not been made public until now.
"I turned myself in to the police because I am just a translator. I only knew there's a warrant against the president, I was there to translate. The mission was to take him and bring him to
the national palace, my role was to stay in the car. I was the one with the megaphone that you saw on the videos with my colleagues you see here at the police station. I was the one telling the police to not shoot. We are 26 or 27 guys... I found the job on the internet because I speak French, English and Spanish," reads Solages' statement...

...In another statement, Vincent described being told by former Haitian justice official Joseph Badio to leave the home of another man, Rudolphe Jaar, on the night of the attack, and to head for the president's private residence:
"It was 1 am when Badio called us and told us the president is home watching soccer and we headed there. When we got there, it was Solages who took the megaphone to tell the presidents guard to not shoot; he screamed "This is a DEA operation," and the people at the president's residence started to shoot. We were 28 and the Colombians manage[d] to get inside the house. I hid somewhere and after a moment I heard Colonel Mike call someone on the phone and said the president is dead."
Jaar and Badio are both wanted by Haitian police. The identity and nationality of "Colonel Mike" is unclear...

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

More than 40 individuals have been arrested in the ongoing probe into who killed Haitian President Jovenel Moïse, Haiti National Police said Friday.

Among those in custody are a dozen police officers, including four who accompanied Colombian commandos as they entered Moïse’s hilltop home in the middle of the night on July 7, according to testimony given by the commandos in custody...

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
The racial cannibalism that is running rampant in the black community, does not go to well in other countries. This is what Tariq Nasheed and Boyce Watkins found out the hard way when they travel internationally. They do not want that image or message going out that this is acceptable.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Speaking Spanish? Dominicans or Dominican based Haitians?

This has elements of the story Biggie told in "Niggaz Bleed Just Like Us"

Today's agenda
Got the suitcase up in the Sentra
Go to room 112, tell 'em Blanco sent ya
Feel the strangest
If no money exchanges
I got these kids in Ranges
To leave them niggas brainless
All they tote is stainless
You just remain as
Calm as possible, make the deal go through
If not, here's 12 shots, we know how you do
Please make yo killin's clean
Slugs up in between
They eyes, like True Lies
Kill 'em and flee the scene
Just bring back the coke or the cream
Or else, yo' life is on the shelf
We mean this Frank
Them cats we fuckin' wit' put bombs in yo' moms gas tank
Let's get this money baby
They shady, we get shady
Dress up like ladies
And burn 'em with dirty 380's
Then they come to kill our babies
That all out
I got gats that blow the wall out
Clear the mall out
Fuck the fallout
Word is Stretch, I bet they pussy
The seven digits push me
Fuckin' real
Here's the deal
I got a hundred bricks, 14-5 a piece
Enough to cop six, by the house on the beach
Supply the peeps with Jeeps
Brick a piece
Capiche?
Everybody gettin' cream
No one considered a leech
Think about it now, that's damn near 1 point 5
I kill 'em all I'll be set for life
Frank pay attention
These muthafuckas is henchmen
Renegades, if you die they still get paid
Extra probably, fuck a robbery
I'm the boss
Promise you won't rob 'em, I promise
But of course you know I had my fingers crossed
… Niggas bleed just like us
Picture me bein' scared of a nigga that breathe the same air as me
Niggas bleed just like us
Picture me bein' shook
We can both pull burners, make the muthafuckin' beef cook
Picture a nigga hidin'
My life in that man hands, while he jus' decidin'
I'd rather go toe to toe with all of y'all
Runnin' ain't in my protocol
… Since it's on, I call my nigga Arizona Ron
From Tucson, push the black Yukon
Usually had the slow grooves on
Mostly rock the Isley
Stupid as a youngin', chose not to move wisely
Sharper with game, him and his crooks, caught a jooks
Heard it was sweet, 'bout 350 a piece
Ron bought a truck, 2 bricks laid in the cut
His peeps got bucked, got locked the fuck up
That's the raw vantage, came back, speakin' spanish
Lavish habits, two rings, 20 carats
Here's a criminal
Nigga made America's Most
Killed his baby's mother's brother, slit his throat
The nigga got bagged with the toast, weeded
Took it to trial, beat it
Now he feel he undefeated
He mean it
Nothing To Lose, tattooed around his gun wounds
Everything, the game, embedded in his brain
And me I feel the same for this money and diamonds
'Specially if my daughter cryin', I ain't lyin'
Y'all know the signs
… Niggas bleed just like us
Picture me bein' scared of a nigga that breathe the same air as me
Picture me bein' shook
We can both pull burners, make the muthafuckin' beef cook
Picture a nigga hidin'
My life in that man hands, while he jus' decidin'
I'd rather go toe to toe with all of y'all
Runnin' ain't in my protocol
… We agreed to go and shootin' silly
Because niggas could be hidin' in showers with Mac Billy's
So I freaked 'em
The telly manager was Puerto Rican
Gloria, from Astoria, I went to war with her
Peeps in '91, stole a gun from her workers
And they took drugs, they tried to jerk us
We blaze they place, long story
Glo' seen my face, got shook
Thought a nigga was comin' for the safe
Now she breakin', shut up, 112, what's shakin'
A Jamaican, some bitches I swear
They look gay
In a black Range Rover
Been outside all day
If it's trouble let me know, I'll be on my way
Please I got kids to feed, I done seen you make niggas bleed
Nightmare, this bitch don't leave
Ron, get the gasoline
This spot, we 'bout to blow
Let's get the cash before the cops and Range Rover cats know
It's room 112
Right by the staircase, perfect place
When they evacuate, they meet they fate
Ron pass the gasoline
The nigga pass me kerosene
Fuck it, it's flammable
My hunger is unexplainable
Strike the match, just what I expected
The dread kid ejected in seconds
And here come two
Opposite sexes
One black, one Malaysian
We in the hallway waitin' patient
As soon as she hit the door we start blastin'
I saw her brains hit the floor
Ron laughin'
I swear to God
I hit Maxi Priest at least 12 times in the chest
Spint around, shot the chick in the breast
She cryin', headshots put her to rest
Pop open the briefcases, nothin' but Franco faces
The spots hot, sprinklers, alarm systems
That's when other guests start to slip in
It's time for us to get to dippin'
I know them niggas in the Range is on they way up
Flippin', pistol grippin'
I know they clippin'
The hallway, got real loud and crowded
They walked right past us
I don't know how they allowed it
The funny thing about it
Through all the excitement
They Range got towed, they double parked by a hydrant
Stupid motherfuckers

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Break...

The actor who played Bunk broke this down years ago

Forgot the interview

I think it was the spike Lee documentary

When the leevees broke?

It was the second part to When the Leevee's Broke, "If God is Willing and da Creek Don't Rise" because the Haiti Earthquake had happened by the time that was made and Wendell Pierce (Bunk) and Jacques Morial (Son of New Orleans first Black Mayor, looks like a DeBarge) broke down our relationship with Haiti and how the two disasters are similar.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It was the second part to When the Leevee's Broke, "If God is Willing and da Creek Don't Rise" because the Haiti Earthquake had happened by the time that was made and Wendell Pierce (Bunk) and Jacques Morial (Son of New Orleans first Black Mayor, looks like a DeBarge) broke down our relationship with Haiti and how the two disasters are similar.

THANK YOU, brother!!!

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
my family is a mish mash of the the diaspora basically, whenever we gather for family gatherings its basically a mini UN from my mom's fam to my dad's, ( that was one of the things that bonded them together at first) all the initial globe trodding i did from a kid on up was as a result of that as well as traveling ,visiting, living ,with family in different continents
So u can speak spanish French patrios and kreyol

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i remember that ! seems most people dont know the full scope of the debt the US owes to Haiti , even that black commentator Eugene (whats his name?) on broke that shit down live on either or cnn or msnbc during the times afer the earhquake