Grace Jones : "I don’t come from uneducated slaves. I’m from Jamaica, I speak French, my ancestors were never slaves."

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You didn’t do it. WE did it. What is it that your don’t understand? Hence I said you response wasn’t relevant to the topic.
“My people came here, did the work and gave birth to you.” There’s another far reaching ideology that’s also true.
If you say “go home” then you’ll have to come with me too. “You’re a descendant of my linage. My people are the original and you’re are carbon copy.” There’s another far reaching but true ideology.
Do you see how we can do this all day? Everything I wrote is true.
See how far they go just to NOT give due to the so the called AA that literally paved the way and provided opportunity and access to "your" family? :lol:

You're so depraved and ungrateful, that instead of acknowledging the country that was built by the AA and their immigration and civil rights policies that allowed you to 1) enter the borders and 2) receive full human rights, you want to go back centuries and debate lineage, while taking credit for genealogy that you have no right or idea of true origin. This is the sickness and arrogance of the so called "African". They refuse to give a mere fucking "Thank You".. Not to mention i have no shared bloodlines with Nigierian or Senegalese... so you're kinda pulling shit out your ass from even that aspect.

“My people came here, did the work and gave birth to you.”
Not only is this a poor retelling and summation of history. Its also patently antithetical to your entire original premise of "im not AA.. i dont relate to AA.. Im African... Im different".. :smh:

Again, go back home.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
My brother… In regards to the topic at hand, nothing you said here makes any sense. This is like saying that Americans aren’t Americans because they were colonized by the British. So in virtue of the “properties of language translation” (yes, I made that up for you LOL), African Americans should be considered Afro British? Do you see how that makes no sense?
No one is debating the origins of the spoken lanaguages. We’re talking about the people. Sénégals official lanaguge is French but they have native dialects too because prior to the arrival of the great colonizers, they had an identity and language, so did Nigerians. Being colonized doesn’t all of a sudden change their identity.

I didn't expect you to understand it. Americans were not colonized by the British because they didn't exist. The Native Americans were. American is a mixing pot of various people from around the world just like Nigeria is a mix of people from all over Africa. If your kids are born here they are indeed African American and will be treated and identify as such. Are they mixed with white? You are making up shit because you don't know what you're talking about. African Americans have their own identity too. We have our own culture and dialects. However, we were stripped of our native language and most culture just like you. It seems you don't know the history of your nationality or African Americans. And I'm not one to teach it too you. You better read up and teach your kids the truth or else they will have a wake up call in America. If they are born here they will indeed be African American and will identify as such. Specially, if you keep telling them the bullshit you are trying to tell us. Africans are struggling and come here for a better life off the backs of American Americans. Your people back home are in extreme poverty and conflict. The resources are being stolen. We wouldn't be here if the African Americans didn't fight and died so we could. Respect that. We black people are awesome and survive no matter what. We are one people.

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
I used too have this weird attraction to Grace Jones back in those days of Vamp. She used go with Dolph Lundgren. But this is what I mean when I say ados needs to identify away from these other black groups do they won’t keep freeloading of ados and then turn around to talk shit about the same people they freeloading off of. Grace Jones reaps benefits from Black Americans and then talks down on them.

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I didn't expect you to understand it. Americans were not colonized by the British because they didn't exist. The Native Americans were. American is a mixing pot of various people from around the world just like Nigeria is a mix of people from all over Africa. If your kids are born here they are indeed African American and will be treated and identify as such. Are they mixed with white? You are making up shit because you don't know what you're talking about. African Americans have their own identity too. We have our own culture and dialects. However, we were stripped of our native language and most culture just like you. It seems you don't know the history of your nationality or African Americans. And I'm not one to teach it too you. You better read up and teach your kids the truth or else they will have a wake up call in America. If they are born here they will indeed be African American and will identify as such. Specially, if you keep telling them the bullshit you are trying to tell us. Africans are struggling and come here for a better life off the backs of American Americans. Your people back home are in extreme poverty and conflict. The resources are being stolen. We wouldn't be here if the African Americans didn't fight and died so we could. Respect that. We black people are awesome and survive no matter what. We are one people.

Nothing else you said is true, so I won’t even bother. Let’s agree to disagree.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
A Jamaican or west indian would never utter those words! They are proud blacks Africans, end of story.
Every group has coons and traitors...I just don't trust the quote coming from Arnold....this thread was created to start beef but it should be noted that if Grace Jones said that, she is not just dissing Black Americans, she is also dissing all descendants of slaves including Black Jamaicans and her own family

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
So, by that logic, India is not a country of Indians, right? Originally, Africans identified by tribes not nationalities. That was imposed.

We did not come from you statement is hilarious. Go visit the standing captivity station along the coasts. Admittedly we are also natives of America I'll grant you that. But you're also at least 400 years separated from the continent so don't pretend as if there's no relation. Your hair tells a different story.

I 100% agree my brother. Indigenously we are the same people. But the black people we came from don't exist in Africa today. European influence changed them as well. No, there are no Indian people. South Asia was divided into dozens of ethnic, linguistic, and religious groups that live side by side for 1000's of years. India and Pakistani people are the same people divided by religion. The British influenced that conflict for control. All these claims of nationality is used to control and divide us. It's much easier to control a divided people. We fall for it hook line and sinkers. We love claiming shit that we have no history of how it came to be. However, African Americans have not forgot where we came from. We still fighting today. We not going back to the old days. We are progressing slowly but surely.

Last edited:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Yes, of course i'm black. I'm just not African American. Let's be clear, African Americans are a mixture of white and black.
tenor.gif

Unfortunately, this ignorant unsubstantiated belief is shared and accepted among many of those from the continent.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Post of the day.

(Could this be a black spoc podcast topic? Or there is no way to properly discuss us with civility and thoughtfulness?)

It could be discussed.

The only issue becomes there is no way to quantify the disconnect be Black Americans and African. There are several ideologies floating around now of days, but we’ll be discussing semantics all the time. While semantics helps define a thing, it doesn’t necessarily carry any type of ultimate truth, so it will change from person to person, especially depending on their environment, personal experiences, our language, and cultural background.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Just want to throw this out there too...

Being colonized is a form of enslavement.

Its not the same as going through chattel slavery, obviously, but physical captivity is not the only type of captivity that exists.

People who come from colonized countries have no business looking down on people who were enslaved.

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@KingTaharqa :hmm:

Conan the Destroyer: Grace Jones vs Wilt Chamberlain

(From Arnold Schwarzenegger's bio)

Bombaata was [Wilt] Chamberlain’s first movie role.
[....]

On the [basketball ] court, from 1959 to 1973, he was so powerful and competitive that no one could push him out of the way, and I saw his athleticism in his sword fighting.

But the most interesting fighting took place between him and Grace Jones.

She played a bandit warrior named Zula whose weapon is a fighting stick—with which Grace put two stunt men in the hospital by accident in fight scenes.

I knew her from the Andy Warhol crowd in New York: a six-foot-tall model, performance artist, and music star who could be really fierce.

She spent eighteen months training for this shoot.

She and Chamberlain kept getting into arguments in the makeup trailer about who was really black.

He would refer to her as an African-American, and Grace, born and raised in Jamaica, would just explode.

“I’m not African-American, so don’t you call me that!” she’d yell.

Wilt’s and Grace’s arguments were wild. I couldn’t figure out their hostility, but it was there.

“I’m not like you,” she would tell him. “I don’t come from uneducated slaves. I’m from Jamaica, I speak French, my ancestors were never slaves.”

The N-word was thrown around, which shocked me.

Wilt would be saying, “There’s nothing black about me. Don’t give me this crap! I live in Beverly Hills with the white guys, I fuck only white women, I drive the same cars as the white guys, I have money like white guys. So fuck you, you’re the ******.”

At one point I intervened. “Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, guys! Guys, please, this is a makeup trailer; let’s not have those arguments. See, the makeup trailer is supposed to be all about a soothing atmosphere, because you’re getting ready for the scene. So let’s not get agitated here.

Furthermore, have you looked at yourselves in the mirror lately? Because how could you argue you’re not black? I mean, both of you are black!”

And they said, “No, no, you don’t understand, it’s got nothing to do with the color. It’s the attitude, it’s the background.”

The points they made got very, very complicated. They were not really talking about color, they were talking about how different ethnic groups came to America.

There was something comical about seeing two black people accusing each other of being black. We laughed about it later, at the wrap party, and Grace and Wilt got along really well in the end.
They’re both very talented, entertaining people. This was just an argument they had to have.

'Total Recall' by Arnold Schwarzenegger

a 40 year old one sided story? why do a gossip post fam?

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Op is a bitch ass troll always trying to divide the board and Jamaicans were used to harvest sugar cane . That bitch is an idiot . Did she think Africans just showed up in the Caribbean like Columbus? Bitch you were slaves too

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yes, of course i'm black. I'm just not African American. Let's be clear, African Americans are a mixture of white and black.

This is the dumb shit that skip gates likes to sell. Talk about sneak dissing, under your breath. All Black folks won't along, but I don't fuck with African's trying to play I am superior bullshit, when not one tried to come protect my ancestors but now want to reap the benefit of the country WE BUILT. Respect has to work both ways.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
So, that may be why immigrants come to the US and start businesses. Or work 45 jobs at once. I mean, I married a Jamaican. I look at the success her family and friends have had since arriving around 40 years ago and my family that has been here 400 years.

Edit

My wife says many Jamaicans were enslaved.

People think that I love showing off. I think that we see is powerful. It affects how and what we dream. When I was young, I saw the poverty that my extended family, friends, and people that looked like me lived through. I didn’t want that life so I made different plans. People see me in real life and tell me that they want to be like me. I hope it’s working.

I also work hard to help those like us. Do your best and kick ass. You never know who you’re inspiring. Papi out.
Let's be clear. America does not import poverty. So the majority of the people who legally enter this country are people who are college students, business people, people of means, etc...
They are not people without skills or education. So in essence they are "the best of litter" and not the runts.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It could be discussed.

The only issue becomes there is no way to quantify the disconnect be Black Americans and African. There are several ideologies floating around now of days, but we’ll be discussing semantics all the time. While semantics helps define a thing, it doesn’t necessarily carry any type of ultimate truth, so it will change from person to person, especially depending on their environment, personal experiences, our language, and cultural background.

Exactly what I was thinking

Just you know without all the smart stuff you threw in there.

I know a discussion like that would garner alot of attention which sadly appears to be the endgame in all things NOW, but if can't be fun or beneficial or educational?

Should we do it?

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
If you dont know by now most black celesites and athletes are lost. Save yourself a heartache and let them go. If Steve Harvey , Herschel Walker, Sheryl Underwood , Charles Barkley etc haven't taught you anything then theres nothing more I can say

roots69

Support BGOL
Registered
Hmm... We didnt come to this land in the bottom of a ship!!!

We are POW'S on this land!! Turtle Island is the home to the Copper color people!!!

People gotta snap outta this damn trance/dream!!!

Just go ask your grandparents or if your lucky your great grandparents!! Come on yall!!

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Exactly what I was thinking

Just you know without all the smart stuff you threw in there.

I know a discussion like that would garner alot of attention which sadly appears to be the endgame in all things NOW, but if can't be fun or beneficial or educational?

Should we do it?

I most certainly could do this for fun and it be educational. However, my tolerance for this discussion begins to fade easily because it’s an endless discussion.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
If you dont know by now most black celesites and athletes are lost. Save yourself a heartache and let them go. If Steve Harvey , Herschel Walker, Sheryl Underwood , Charles Barkley etc haven't taught you anything then theres nothing more I can say
They're representatives of too many black folk who are not athletes and celebrities.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is the dumb shit that skip gates likes to sell. Talk about sneak dissing, under your breath. All Black folks won't along, but I don't fuck with African's trying to play I am superior bullshit, when not one tried to come protect my ancestors but now want to reap the benefit of the country WE BUILT. Respect has to work both ways.

Yeah, that comment was wild ignorant.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
You didn’t do it. WE did it. What is it that your don’t understand? Hence I said you response wasn’t relevant to the topic.
“My people came here, did the work and gave birth to you.”
There’s another far reaching ideology that’s also true.

WOW..... “you” “we”....WE are the same people, my ancestors came from your Africa, your ancestors came from Africa, just because my ancestors were kidnapped and brought to the Americas and your ancestors weren’t doesn’t mean that all of a sudden made us different. I cringed at the 3 different times you made the statement “I am not saying I am better than African Americans”

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hmmm but African American ARE “derivatives”from descendants of Africans who were enslaved. I’m not making that shit up.
You’re passing on the fact that we’re all here for the same thing but neglecting the fact that we both got here differently.
My ancestors weren’t dragged here on ships. We came here willlingly to seek a better life.
Again, in NO WAY am I saying that I’m better than African Americans. Just telling the truth. I’ll never identify as African American because I’m simply not… I’m African.
do you consider yourself "black" if so why?

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor

Nothing else you said is true, so I won’t even bother. Let’s agree to disagree.

You're kinda ignorant homie. Independence Day (1776) was like 200 years after Europeans showed up (Spanish 1565, British 1587, French 1608 ). There were no Americans to colonize but themselves. The native resisted and were not colonized like our brothers and sisters in Africa. I can't agree but we are good.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s why immigrants come to the US and excel while some of us are still mightily struggling
They come from nothing,most of the people on those Islands are dirt poor so when they do arrive here in the states they achieve by piggy backing off of the work that was done by us for us but they benefit cause of the color of their skin,not because they work harder,their smarter,they were sugar cane cutters and not cotton pickers but because THEY HAD NOTHING OVER THERE ON WHAT THEY TRY TO PRESENT AS PARADISE WHICH IS REALLY NOTHING BUT A PIT-STOP BEFORE YOU ENTER THE LONG ARM OF SYSTEMATIC RACISM WHICH HAS AND STILL HAS IT'S WAY WITH THEM ON THOSE ISLANDS.
They see it as this....You mean to tell me I can work a job making 25 thousand dollars a year when I was back home making 2 worthless Jamaican dollars a day,buy a car,get a home,some clothes from Macy's and my kids can attend school and go to college.They would rather bite this apple even though it's poisoned with all types of shit than the rotten one their used to having BACK HOME.

Don't get caught up into the hype of them bragging about BACK HOME and going BACK HOME when in reality that's done because they have money to go BACK HOME with and they know they will return to having SOMETHING when they come back;Than on the flipside of that I've come across a lot of em that would never go BACK HOME because the getting is good where their at.

Simply_Black

International
International Member
My brother, I teach my sons this. I even go further and emphasize that we were free people who were kidnapped and enslaved.

There is a huge difference. I can't argue with her on this.

The other stuff?? :dunno:

Preach on brother...

.... and that's where educating our youths should start by letting them know that we were never destined to be anyone's property... referring to our people as slaves was and is a way of devaluing our people as human beings.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
They come from nothing,most of the people on those Islands are dirt poor so when they do arrive here in the states they achieve by piggy backing off of the work that was done by us for us but they benefit cause of the color of their skin,not because they work harder,their smarter,they were sugar cane cutters and not cotton pickers but because THEY HAD NOTHING OVER THERE ON WHAT THEY TRY TO PRESENT AS PARADISE WHICH IS REALLY NOTHING BUT A PIT-STOP BEFORE YOU ENTER THE LONG ARM OF SYSTEMATIC RACISM WHICH HAS AND STILL HAS IT'S WAY WITH THEM ON THOSE ISLANDS.
They see it as this....You mean to tell me I can work a job making 25 thousand dollars a year when I was back home making 2 worthless Jamaican dollars a day,buy a car,get a home,some clothes from Macy's and my kids can attend school and go to college.They would rather bite this apple even though it's poisoned with all types of shit than the rotten one their used to having BACK HOME.

Don't get caught up into the hype of them bragging about BACK HOME and going BACK HOME when in reality that's done because they have money to go BACK HOME with and they know they will return to having SOMETHING when they come back;Than on the flipside of that I've come across a lot of em that would never go BACK HOME because the getting is good where their at.

Nah, most of what you said is false.

There is no piggy backing.

Its all hard work and dedication.

Do YOU feel like your community is born with advantages?

Do you feel like your success is due to racial quotas and affirmative action? And what do you tell cacs who tell you that this is the case?

Nah everything we work for is earned. Just like you.

I wont let you tell different and i wont let a cac tell you the same.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah, most of what you said is false.

There is no piggy backing.

Its all hard work and dedication.

Do YOU feel like your community is born with advantages?

Do you feel like your success is due to racial quotas and affirmative action? And what do you tell cacs who tell you that this is the case?

Nah everything we work for is earned. Just like you.

I wont let you tell different and i wont let a cac tell you the same.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
African American is a dumb term..Africa is a continent not a country
Because most of us don't know the particulars of our african heritage beyond the most general knowledge of you came from this continent (hence the generalized term AFRICAN-american rather than say Nigerian-american or Ghanian-american and you can break it down even further from there) therefore we're stuck with a skin color designation of black..and we've been building a culture and heritage from that.