Grace Jones : "I don’t come from uneducated slaves. I’m from Jamaica, I speak French, my ancestors were never slaves."

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
There’s a lot to unpack here.

Jamaicans did come from British enslavers but escaped into the jamaican mountains.

Other Caribbean island people kind of see it the same way. We had to pick the cotton in the US, they didn’t.

Because of this, AAs have been beaten down mentally, psychologically, and emotionally by slavery and the enduring racism that still follows.

It’s why immigrants come to the US and excel while some of us are still mightily struggling. We are taught that life won’t get much better for us. We don’t see others that have a life much better than us. We don’t believe that life will get much better because the Man doesn’t want it. We hold ourselves back.

more to come later maybe

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Being African is a semantic difference. I'm not saying that the world sees us differently nor am i saying that i'm better than you. Same way there's a difference between Spaniards and derivatives of them in Puerto Rico etc. African American's are a derivative of Africans.
Look bruh. We all have been around Africans THEY COME OVER HERE TO AMERICA and claim that they are "different".........and then they get their n$$$$r wake up call.

Over there you may be different but dont bring that bullshit thinking over here or Amerikkka will soon make you understand who you really are in this society.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So, that may be why immigrants come to the US and start businesses. Or work 45 jobs at once. I mean, I married a Jamaican. I look at the success her family and friends have had since arriving around 40 years ago and my family that has been here 400 years.

Edit

My wife says many Jamaicans were enslaved.

People think that I love showing off. I think that we see is powerful. It affects how and what we dream. When I was young, I saw the poverty that my extended family, friends, and people that looked like me lived through. I didn’t want that life so I made different plans. People see me in real life and tell me that they want to be like me. I hope it’s working.

I also work hard to help those like us. Do your best and kick ass. You never know who you’re inspiring. Papi out.

Last edited:

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Jamaicans did come from British enslavers but escaped into the jamaican mountains.

Other Caribbean island people kind of see it the same way. We had to pick the cotton in the US, they didn’t.

Because of this, AAs have been beaten down mentally, psychologically, and emotionally by slavery and the enduring racism that still follows.

It’s why immigrants come to the US and excel while some of us are still mightily struggling. We are taught that life won’t get much better for us. We don’t see others that have a life much better than us. We don’t believe that life will get much better because the Man doesn’t want it. We hold ourselves back.

more to come later maybe
No. They come over here and excel because they don t have to suffer through the racist school system in grades 5 through 8.

That is where most AA get there academic life killed by this racist society.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
So, that may be why immigrants come to the US and start businesses. Or work 45 jobs at once. I mean, I married a Jamaican. I look at the success her family and friends have had since arriving around 40 years ago and my family that has been here 400 years.

That's just you're family. I'm African American and my mothers family have owned businesses since the early 1900's in the south. Jamaicans are poor homie. They don't have a choice but too open a business because no one will hire them here. And there are plantations all over the Caribbean homie. There were indeed blacks slave all over there. The Spanish slaves escaped to the mountains not the English. Do you know any Spanish speaking Jamaicans? Not sure where you got that logic. Africans and Jamaicans are here to enjoy the rights and freedoms we died for. If their home lands were so great they would not be here. I think you have a bit of that slave mentality you are speaking of. I'm just saying.

The Caribbean island of Jamaica was initially inhabited in approximately 600 AD or 650 AD by the Redware people, often associated with redware pottery.[1][2][3] By roughly 800 AD, a second wave of inhabitance occurred by the Arawak tribes, including the Tainos, prior to the arrival of Columbus in 1494.[1] Early inhabitants of Jamaica named the land "Xaymaca", meaning "land of wood and water".[4] The Spanish enslaved the Arawak, who were ravaged further by diseases that the Spanish brought with them.[5] Early historians believe that by 1602, the Arawak-speaking Taino tribes were extinct. However, some of the Taino escaped into the forested mountains of the interior, where they mixed with runaway African slaves, and survived free from first Spanish, and then English, rule.[6][7][8]

The Spanish also transported hundreds of West African people to the island. However, the majority of Africans were brought into Jamaica by the English.

In 1655, the English invaded Jamaica, and defeated the Spanish. Some African slaves took advantage of the political turmoil and escaped to the island's interior mountains, forming independent communities which became known as the Maroons.[9] Meanwhile, on the coast, the English built the settlement of Port Royal, a base of operations where piracy flourished as so many European rebels had been rejected from their countries to serve sentences on the seas. Captain Henry Morgan, a plantation owner and Welsh privateer, raided settlements and shipping bases in Port Royal, earning him his reputation as one of the richest Pirates in the Caribbean.

In the 18th century, sugar cane replaced piracy as British Jamaica's main source of income. The sugar industry was labour-intensive and the British brought hundreds of thousands of enslaved black Africans to the island. By 1850, the black & mulatto Jamaican population outnumbered the white population by a ratio of twenty to one. Enslaved Jamaicans mounted over a dozen major uprisings during the 18th century, including Tacky's Revolt in 1760. There were also periodic skirmishes between the British and the mountain communities of the Jamaican Maroons, culminating in the First Maroon War of the 1730s and the Second Maroon War of 1795–1796.

Last edited:

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
No. They come over here and excel because they don t have to suffer through the racist school system in grades 5 through 8.

If you believe this, are you on any school boards or PTA boards? Real question.

Supersav

Rising Star
Registered
The curriculum of the American School produces impoverished perspectives of black culture and history and therefore, too, degraded representations of black people in the national culture. These distortions operated as authoritative knowledge, as naturalized “scientific” facts. The thought of the inferiority of the Negro is drilled into him in almost every class he enters and in almost every book he studies. The American Curriculum inspired white students by telling them that their race referring to a homogenous white identity, beyond ethnic and national difference—was responsible for all notable progress in the world. The semantics embedded in this curricular orientation, its very narrative structure, intended diminished aspirations for black students and to demotivate them from challenging their current state of subjugation.

Fugitive Pedagogy great book pick it up

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That's just you're family. I'm African American and my mothers family have owned businesses since the early 1900's in the south. Jamaicans are poor homie. They don't have a choice but too open a business because no one will hire them here. And there are plantations all over the Caribbean homie. There were indeed blacks slave all over there. The Spanish slaves escaped to the mountains now the English. Do you know any Spanish speaking Jamaicans? Not sure where you got that logic. Africans and Jamaicans are here to enjoy the rights and freedoms were die for. If their home lands were so great they would not be here. I think you have a bit of that slave mentality you are speaking of. I'm just saying.

The Caribbean island of Jamaica was initially inhabited in approximately 600 AD or 650 AD by the Redware people, often associated with redware pottery.[1][2][3] By roughly 800 AD, a second wave of inhabitance occurred by the Arawak tribes, including the Tainos, prior to the arrival of Columbus in 1494.[1] Early inhabitants of Jamaica named the land "Xaymaca", meaning "land of wood and water".[4] The Spanish enslaved the Arawak, who were ravaged further by diseases that the Spanish brought with them.[5] Early historians believe that by 1602, the Arawak-speaking Taino tribes were extinct. However, some of the Taino escaped into the forested mountains of the interior, where they mixed with runaway African slaves, and survived free from first Spanish, and then English, rule.[6][7][8]

The Spanish also transported hundreds of West African people to the island. However, the majority of Africans were brought into Jamaica by the English.

In 1655, the English invaded Jamaica, and defeated the Spanish. Some African slaves took advantage of the political turmoil and escaped to the island's interior mountains, forming independent communities which became known as the Maroons.[9] Meanwhile, on the coast, the English built the settlement of Port Royal, a base of operations where piracy flourished as so many European rebels had been rejected from their countries to serve sentences on the seas. Captain Henry Morgan, a plantation owner and Welsh privateer, raided settlements and shipping bases in Port Royal, earning him his reputation as one of the richest Pirates in the Caribbean.

In the 18th century, sugar cane replaced piracy as British Jamaica's main source of income. The sugar industry was labour-intensive and the British brought hundreds of thousands of enslaved black Africans to the island. By 1850, the black & mulatto Jamaican population outnumbered the white population by a ratio of twenty to one. Enslaved Jamaicans mounted over a dozen major uprisings during the 18th century, including Tacky's Revolt in 1760. There were also periodic skirmishes between the British and the mountain communities of the Jamaican Maroons, culminating in the First Maroon War of the 1730s and the Second Maroon War of 1795–1796.
Owning a business doesn’t make you successful. Making money while owning that business makes you successful.
More to come, I’m about to start working outside.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
Owning a business doesn’t make you successful. Making money while owning that business makes you successful.
More to come, I’m about to start working outside.

No need to post more homie. African Americans in this country are more successful than Jamaicans. Jamaicans are indeed descendants of slaves and speak English for that reason. I was just correcting some faults in your statements. Enjoy your day homie.

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Look bruh. We all have been around Africans THEY COME OVER HERE TO AMERICA and claim that they are "different".........and then they get their n$$$$r wake up call.

Over there you may be different but dont bring that bullshit thinking over here or Amerikkka will soon make you understand who you really are in this society.

You basically quoted my reply to this. To the world, the difference is semantic. To you and I (if you’re African American), the difference is light and day but we still have similarities.
A pig doesn’t care. We’re both the same and will be treated the same.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered

more to come later maybe

I have never in my life heard the "they had to pick cotton and we didnt" talk come from my family. Its just not something we think about. The differences aint about that.

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Not upset. I just want the African brothers to stand on the condescending shit they talk. You aint AA, you dont relate/identity with AA (while posting on a AA board oddly), and you seem to think AA came from you. Go back home, take your family, and make it great again.

Hmmm but African American ARE “derivatives”from descendants of Africans who were enslaved. I’m not making that shit up.
You’re passing on the fact that we’re all here for the same thing but neglecting the fact that we both got here differently.
My ancestors weren’t dragged here on ships. We came here willlingly to seek a better life.
Again, in NO WAY am I saying that I’m better than African Americans. Just telling the truth. I’ll never identify as African American because I’m simply not… I’m African.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
Obviously i don't live in Africa. My entire family is a mixture of Senegalese and Nigeria immigrants. The only African Americans in my family are either husbands, wives , girlfriends or boyfriends of my immediate of extended family.

Africa is a continent not a country. The Senegalese speak French because they were conquered by them. They weren't independent until 1958. Nigeria is a country made up of over 500 different ethic groups with 250 different languages so there is no Nigerian people. It's just some shit the Africans says because they seek to identify with somewhere. So being Senegalese were colonized by the French and Nigeria by the English both are mixed with white right? We did not come from you because we were here and you were back home ruled by white people well after we were free homie. So stop trying to say what you are because that shit was stripped from you just like us. Do the knowledge.

king reckless

Rising Star
Registered
Not upset. I just want the African brothers to stand on the condescending shit they talk. You aint AA, you dont relate/identity with AA (while posting on a AA board oddly), and you seem to think AA came from you. Go back home, take your family, and make it great again.
Man, ignore that shit. It's the same Caribbean thing Grace Jones was smoking. Black people outside of America appear condescending while in America. I got that from Hondurans. Sadly, some of them are the biggest ass kissers. I thank Malcom X and MLK and others for such solidarity.

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Africa is a continent not a country. The Senegalese speak French because they were conquered by them. They weren't independent until 1958. Nigeria is a country made up of over 500 different ethic groups with 250 different languages so there is no Nigerian people. It's just some shit the Africans says because they seek to identify with somewhere. So being Senegalese were colonized by the French and Nigeria by the English both are mixed with white right? We did not come from you because we were here and you were back home ruled by white people well after we were free homie. So stop trying to say what you are because that shit was stripped from you just like us. Do the knowledge.

My brother… In regards to the topic at hand, nothing you said here makes any sense. This is like saying that Americans aren’t Americans because they were colonized by the British. So in virtue of the “properties of language translation” (yes, I made that up for you LOL), African Americans should be considered Afro British? Do you see how that makes no sense?
No one is debating the origins of the spoken lanaguages. We’re talking about the people. Sénégals official lanaguge is French but they have native dialects too because prior to the arrival of the great colonizers, they had an identity and language, so did Nigerians. Being colonized doesn’t all of a sudden change their identity.

king reckless

Rising Star
Registered
So, by that logic, India is not a country of Indians, right? Originally, Africans identified by tribes not nationalities. That was imposed.

We did not come from you statement is hilarious. Go visit the standing captivity station along the coasts. Admittedly we are also natives of America I'll grant you that. But you're also at least 400 years separated from the continent so don't pretend as if there's no relation. Your hair tells a different story.

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Who provided you the opportunity to do? Who made this land the youngest super power in history and the land of milk and honey that immigrants flee their horrendous homelands to come to?

This is a completely different topic. Stay on topic. I can easily counter with some far reaching idocratic shit like “If Africans gave you superior genes, then who should you really thank?”.

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So, by that logic, India is not a country of Indians, right? Originally, Africans identified by tribes not nationalities. That was imposed.

We did not come from you statement is hilarious. Go visit the standing captivity station along the coasts. Admittedly we are also natives of America I'll grant you that. But you're also at least 400 years separated from the continent so don't pretend as if there's no relation. Your hair tells a different story.

EXACTLY… This is exactly what I just said too. That makes no sense lol.

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You basically quoted my reply to this. To the world, the difference is semantic. To you and I (if you’re African American), the difference is light and day but we still have similarities.
A pig doesn’t care. We’re both the same and will be treated the same.
Nah. You said that "being an African is a semantic difference."

Tell that to Africans who come over here thinking its another way. Cut the BS.

Reactions: BKF

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is a completely different topic. Stay on topic. I can easily counter with some far reaching idocratic shit like “If Africans gave you superior genes, then who should you really thank?”.
This is my point. You refuse to answer and acknowledge basic shit and give owed and deserved deference to those who literally made your presence here possible. While equating recent US history to "far reaching idiocratic shit". You niggas stay telling on yourselves.

Again, go back "home".

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No, I said it’s semantic to other people.
Clear up your comments then bruh.

Yo real talk the very fact that you laughed at this comment

Lets me know that you have no fucking clue what is going on out here.

Paul1970

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What she said was ignorant.

Almost as ignorant as misquoting Malcolm X to get Black people not to vote so Trump would've won.

Almost THAT ignorant.

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is my point. You refuse to answer and acknowledge basic shit and give owed and deserved deference to those who literally made your presence here possible. While equating recent US history to "far reaching idiocratic shit". You niggas stay telling on yourselves.

Again, go back "home".
This is the part that pisses me off the most. "They" come over here and dont give thanks to the AA who paved the way for them to even be allowed over here.

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Again, go back "home".

You didn’t do it. WE did it. What is it that your don’t understand? Hence I said you response wasn’t relevant to the topic.
“My people came here, did the work and gave birth to you.” There’s another far reaching ideology that’s also true.
If you say “go home” then you’ll have to come with me too. “You’re a descendant of my linage. My people are the original and you’re are carbon copy.” There’s another far reaching but true ideology.
Do you see how we can do this all day? Everything I wrote is true.

Last edited:

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Man, ignore that shit. It's the same Caribbean thing Grace Jones was smoking. Black people outside of America appear condescending while in America. I got that from Hondurans. Sadly, some of them are the biggest ass kissers. I thank Malcom X and MLK and others for such solidarity.
Grace Jones doesn't speak for all Caribbean people....what Caribbean thing are you referring to?...are you saying that Jamaicans don't acknowledge the brutal slavery that was inflicted upon us? Have you ever listened to reggae music once in your life?
Speaking of which, aren't you African? So quick to take the words of a White man and refer to some "Caribbean thing". Interesting.

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Clear up your comments then bruh.

Yo real talk the very fact that you laughed at this comment

Lets me know that you have no fucking clue what is going on out here.

This is just simply not true. There’s no need to even address this. I’m sure you know it’s a lie.