Game Of Thrones: The Sopranos with swords or Dynasty in chainmail?

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

"When I learned that Missandei was going to die, I knew that, as the only woman of color on the show, I knew that people would feel her loss, like the loss of her, because she’s also just like a really kind, good character. I was not anticipating, I guess, the size of the reaction that happened," Emmanuel shared. "I think that really sparked a conversation about, when we make these shows in the future, when we are casting these shows, like, do we just have to have the one person—is there space for more of us? ... And I think the answer is yes ... And I know the answer is yes."

During another recent chat with Josh Smith's Make It Reign podcast (via the New York Post), Emmanuel revealed how her nude scenes on Game of Thrones have since affected her career.

"When I did Game of Thrones, I agreed toward certain nude scenes or nudity within the show," Emmanuel explained. "And the perception from other projects, when the role required nudity, that I was just open to do anything because I did it on that one show." She added, "What people didn’t realize is I agreed [to] terms and specific things for that one particular project, and that doesn’t necessarily apply to all projects."

"I’ve had people challenge me and be like, 'But this part requires that,' and I said, 'That’s fine if you require that in the part; I don’t feel comfortable doing that level of nudity. I will do this amount, you know, I can do this, which I think is necessary for the part," she added. "Frankly, if someone was, like, 'Well we need this nudity,' I would be, like, 'Well, thank you very much, I appreciate your interest but that’s just not what I feel is necessary for this part and it’s a difference of opinion and creative differences and that’s fine.'"

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
old pic
2qyntsmf71971.jpg

64r3ibeipa271.png

Nathalie Emmanuel

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
George R.R. Martin: Ending Of ‘Game Of Thrones’ Was In A “Different Direction” Than He Intended
By Bruce Haring

Author George R.R. Martin is still working on the next installment in his epic series of fantasy novels that became the basis for HBO’s Game of Thrones.

But he took time away from his labors to lament how the television version seemed to get away from his source material.

The TV series ending has been widely condemned by fans, and Martin’s slow output on his A Song of Ice and Fire novels (The Winds of Winter is next in the planned series) has angered many eager for a proper resolution. Martin said he was surprised that the television series out-stripped his output.

“When they began the [TV] series, I had four books already in print, and the fifth one came out just as the series was starting in 2011. I had a five-book head-start, and these are gigantic books, as you know,” Martin told PBS in Chicago. “I never thought they would catch up with me, but they did. They caught up with me and passed me.”

While the show was on the air, Martin managed to publish just one volume in the series.

Martin also noted that when the television series moved ahead of his source material, he felt it “going in somewhat different directions. So, I’m still working on the book, but you’ll see my ending when that comes out,” he said.

HBO has a prequel series, House of the Dragon, set up with a 10-episode first season, expected to arrive in 2022.

Martin is again involved in the series, a potential problem since he admitted the first series drew his attention away from writing.

Last edited:

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

"When I learned that Missandei was going to die, I knew that, as the only woman of color on the show, I knew that people would feel her loss, like the loss of her, because she’s also just like a really kind, good character. I was not anticipating, I guess, the size of the reaction that happened," Emmanuel shared. "I think that really sparked a conversation about, when we make these shows in the future, when we are casting these shows, like, do we just have to have the one person—is there space for more of us? ... And I think the answer is yes ... And I know the answer is yes."

During another recent chat with Josh Smith's Make It Reign podcast (via the New York Post), Emmanuel revealed how her nude scenes on Game of Thrones have since affected her career.

"When I did Game of Thrones, I agreed toward certain nude scenes or nudity within the show," Emmanuel explained. "And the perception from other projects, when the role required nudity, that I was just open to do anything because I did it on that one show." She added, "What people didn’t realize is I agreed [to] terms and specific things for that one particular project, and that doesn’t necessarily apply to all projects."

"I’ve had people challenge me and be like, 'But this part requires that,' and I said, 'That’s fine if you require that in the part; I don’t feel comfortable doing that level of nudity. I will do this amount, you know, I can do this, which I think is necessary for the part," she added. "Frankly, if someone was, like, 'Well we need this nudity,' I would be, like, 'Well, thank you very much, I appreciate your interest but that’s just not what I feel is necessary for this part and it’s a difference of opinion and creative differences and that’s fine.'"

The nudity thing is always interesting with these actors.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

I don't blame them for being upset. The showrunners fucked the ending up really badly.

Once the show runners reached the last book they had no fucking clue what to do.

After,the show passed the books,the showrunners pretty much shut out GRRM for any feedback. By,the time the last season came GRRM said fuck it and never went on the set. Even,he was fed up with their bullshit because him and HBO wanted two more seasons.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
MAAAAAAAANNNN FUCK SANSA!!!!!!!! I hated her character with a passion. She is the poster child for getting everything and deserving nothing....Fuck her forever with a bag of diseased Bolton D!(ks.....
i hated her bitch ass too...talking about "my father was a traitor"...she had no backbone at all - until towards the end when her character kind of 'grew up'...still, she comes across as an entitled rich bitch.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
i hated her bitch ass too...talking about "my father was a traitor"...she had no backbone at all - until towards the end when her character kind of 'grew up'...still, she comes across as an entitled rich bitch.
What do you think would have happened to her if she didnt say that?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Game of Thrones star Jacob Anderson cast as Louis in AMC's Interview With the Vampire series

Grey Worm is taking on a role originally played by Brad Pitt in the latest adaptation of Anne Rice's classic novel.
By Christian Holub
August 25, 2021 at 03:35 PM EDT

Jacob Anderson is ready to wiggle himself into a very different kind of fantasy show. After playing the Unsullied leader Grey Worm for years on Game of Thrones, EW has confirmed that Anderson has been cast as Louis in AMC's upcoming Interview With the Vampire series.
Originally written as a novel by Anne Rice in 1976, Interview With the Vampire is the story of Louis de Pointe du Lac, who was turned into a vampire by the charismatic Lestat in the 18th century and is now telling his story to a modern-day journalist. In the 1994 film version directed by Neil Jordan, Tom Cruise portrayed Lestat while Brad Pitt played Louis. In this new take, Anderson will step into the shoes once filled by Pitt, while Sam Reid has been cast as Lestat.

Interview With the Vampire is set to premiere on AMC+ and AMC next year. Rolin Jones is the creator and showrunner, with Mark Johnson overseeing AMC's development of the Anne Rice collection. The first two episodes of the series will be directed by Alan Taylor, who helmed several episodes of Game of Thrones, though none of them involved Anderson's Grey Worm.

AMC is also in the process of developing a TV adaptation of Rice's Lives of the Mayfair Witches novels, with the network assembling a writers' room to "explore" the possibility of a show. While no Mayfair Witches pilot or series has been greenlit yet, AMC is hoping the project becomes part of an "expanding Anne Rice universe," along with its Interview With the Vampire series.