Game Of Thrones: The Sopranos with swords or Dynasty in chainmail?

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
MAN FUCK THEM TWO DUDES FOR REAL!!

they ruined GoT for Nothing!! could have done a whole new season of GOT to end it right but they fucked over it to get to some shit that they not even doing. I'm glad they are not on star wars too but still the damage to GOT is already done.. fuck them..

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

they ruined GoT for Nothing!! could have done a whole new season of GOT to end it right but they fucked over it to get to some shit that they not even doing. I'm glad they are not on star wars too but still the damage to GOT is already done.. fuck them..

and HBO just canned the Game Of Thrones prequel too..

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wait the tables have turned against D&D in this thread? I thought y'all loved the last season?
I got into so many wars with my views? Wtf.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Yeah fuck those two dudes. They was the main reason. Game of thrones ended early. GRR Martin was like they could have made at least three to four more seasons.

That's probably why the first Game of thrones spin off got cancelled. Because it was supposed to tie into the main story. And HBO said fuck it. Let's do something else.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

George RR Martin wanted to TV series to have ten seasons but those morons didn't want do a commitment to it... :smh:

SWAP

Rising Star
Platinum Member
House of the Dragon’: HBO confirms 10 episodes of ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel
Published an hour agoUpdated 10 min ago

Sam Meredith @smeredith19
Key Points
  • The cable network announces that it has ordered 10 episodes of the spinoff series based on George R. R. Martin’s companion book “Fire & Blood.”
  • Taking place 300 years before the events of “Game of Thrones,” the series will depict the stories of the Targaryen kings who had long ruled Westeros.
  • The announcement comes shortly after reports that the cable network had scrapped another spinoff series.
Daenerys from Game of Thrones.
Source: HBO
HBO has confirmed details of a new “Game of Thrones” prequel called “House of the Dragon.”
The cable network announced Tuesday that it has ordered 10 episodes of the spinoff series based on George R. R. Martin’s companion book “Fire & Blood.”

Taking place 300 years before the events of “Game of Thrones,” the series will depict the stories of the Targaryen kings who had long ruled Westeros.
Miguel Sapochnik and Ryan Condal will partner as showrunners, according to the premium cable channel, with both also poised to work as executive producers alongside Martin and Vince Gerardis.
“The ‘Game of Thrones’ universe is so rich with stories,” Casey Bloys, president of HBO programming, said in a statement.
“We look forward to exploring the origins of House Targaryen and the earlier days of Westeros along with Miguel, Ryan and George.”
Sapochnik, who directed six episodes of the flagship show — including “Battle of the Bastards,” which is IMDB’s highest-rated episode — will direct the “House of the Dragon” pilot.

The announcement comes shortly after reports emerged on Tuesday that the cable network had scrapped another spinoff series of “Game of Thrones.”
A much-anticipated prequel starring Naomi Watts was reportedly axed after HBO opted not to commission a full series.
HBO has always been known for its heavily curated content. Shows like “Vinyl” and “Hung” were canceled because they were not as strongly received by viewers as other shows, despite millions of dollars’ worth of investment and critical acclaim.
The premium cable service has put much of its production power behind new shows like “Watchmen,” which debuted earlier this month to favorable reviews, as well as new seasons of “Westworld,” “Barry” and “Last Week Tonight.”
— CNBC’s Sarah Whitten contributed to this report.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
George R.R. Martin reacts to Game of Thrones prequel shakeup

Author promises he won't write any scripts for House of the Dragon until he's finished The Winds of Winter.
By James Hibberd
October 31, 2019 at 10:28 AM EDT
FBTwitterMore

Play
Mute
Loaded: 0%

Fullscreen
YOU MIGHT LIKE
'ADVENTURE TIME' WILL CONTINUE ON HBO MAX WITH FOUR HOUR-LONG SPECIALS
George R.R. Martin took to his blog to react to the massive Game of Thrones news this week where one prequel in development was canceled by HBO while another prequel concept was given a full-series order — House of the Dragon, based on Martin’s history of House Targaryen in Westeros (here’s everything we know about the new show).
Martin wrote he was “saddened to hear” the first show, from writer Jane Goldman, was not going to series. “Jane Goldman is a terrific screenwriter, and I enjoyed brainstorming with her. I do not know why HBO decided not to go to series on this one, but I do not think it had to do with House of the Dragon. This was never an either/or situation. If television has room enough for multiple CSI and Chicago shows… well, Westeros and Essos are a lot bigger, with thousands of years of history and enough tales and legends and characters for a dozen shows. Heartbreaking as it is to work for years on a pilot, to pour your blood and sweat and tears into it, and have it come to nought, it’s not at all uncommon. I’ve been there myself, more than once. I know Jane and her team are feeling the disappointment just now, and they have all my sympathy… with my thanks for all their hard work, and my good wishes for whatever they do next.”
But Martin spent most of his focus on the good news.
Martin reveals that House of the Dragon was the first concept he pitched to HBO as a successor show to GoT, and suggests to prepare for the show you not only read his book Fire & Blood but also the anthologies he wrote with Gardner Dozois, Dangerous Women and Rogues.

He praised the addition of director Miguel Sapochnik to the House of the Dragon team as director and co-showrunner (“one of the hottest directors in television today”) and the pilot script by co-showrunner Ryan Condal. (“He’s a terrific writer… and a fan of my books since well before we met. He tells me that he discovered the series just after A Storm of Swords was published, and ‘I’ve loved the books for 19 years.'”)
The author says the show might revisit countries used for shooting Game of Thrones — Ireland, Iceland, Scotland, Croatia, Morocco, Malta, and Spain. He expects to be involved in the new series but stresses: “I am not taking on any scripts until I have finished and delivered Winds of Winter.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Emilia Clarke finally reveals the Game of Thrones coffee cup culprit's identity

By Sydney Bucksbaum
October 30, 2019 at 09:40 PM EDT
FBTwitterMore

Pause
Mute
Loaded: 68.50%

Captions

Fullscreen
YOU MIGHT LIKE
'LAST CHRISTMAS' STARS EMILIA CLARKE AND HENRY GOLDING RELIVE THEIR MOST CRINGEWORTHY AUDITIONS
Game of Thrones
TYPE
  • TV Show
NETWORK
GENRE
Our long national nightmare is finally over: We finally know who left that coffee cup in a shot in Game of Thrones’ final season!
Emilia Clarke, who starred as Daenerys Targaryen on the hit HBO fantasy, is not a fan of how much blame she’s received for the now-infamous Starbucks-like coffee cup that was spotted in front of her during season 8, episode 4, “The Last of the Starks.” During the Winterfell feast, the to-go cup is clearly out of place among the medieval goblets and tankards, and Dany is the only one sitting at the table where the cup is placed. That’s why her costar Sophie Turner previously implicated Clarke on The Tonight Show for the cup accidentally making it into the final version of the episode (before she also blamed Kit Harington).
ANDREW LIPOVSKY/NBC/NBCU PHOTO BANK VIA GETTY IMAGES; HBO
So Clarke has decided to set the record straight on The Tonight Show by finally revealing the coffee cup culprit’s real identity.

“Here’s the truth,” Clarke tells host Jimmy Fallon in a clip from Wednesday’s episode. “We had like a party before the Emmys recently, and Conleth [Hill], who plays Varys, who’s sitting next to me in that scene, he pulls me aside and he’s like, ‘Emilia, I’ve got to tell you something. I’ve got to tell you something, love. The coffee cup was mine!’ It was his! It was Conleth’s coffee cup. He said so.”
Clarke goes on to explain why Hill didn’t come clean sooner. “He’s like, ‘I think so, I’m sorry darling, I didn’t want to say anything because it seemed [like] the heat was very much on you,’” she says. “And I was like, ‘What?!’”
She goes on to clarify that she only thinks that’s who did it, because no one knows for sure. “He might have been drunk, but he said it.”

Check out a clip of the shocking revelation below.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

This is a concise description of this thread as a whole.

It is amazing how long they were able to fake the funk and finesse the system.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Game of Thrones coffee cup suspect reacts to Emilia Clarke's accusation

By James Hibberd
November 11, 2019 at 11:59 AM EST
FBTwitterMore

Pause
Mute
Loaded: 84.83%

Captions

Fullscreen
YOU MIGHT LIKE
SHANGELA, BOB THE DRAG QUEEN, EUREKA LAND NEW HBO SERIES 'WE'RE HERE'
Game of Thrones
TYPE
  • TV Show
NETWORK
GENRE
The infamous Game of Thrones coffee cup must be a Greyjoy, because its controversy is both dead and yet never dying.

Here is the latest. You’ll recall Emilia Clarke (who played Daenerys Targaryen) recently revealed on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon that her costar Conleth Hill (Varys) privately confessed to her that he was actually the culprit who left the craft services cup (no, it wasn’t Starbucks) within camera view while filming a scene in the GoT final season.

Now Hill is breaking his silence on this grave accusation, denying his cup-ability to a British broadcaster Channel 4 on Sunday.
“You know, there’s no proof that I did it,” the actor said. “So accuse away.” Hill then added, “I would need to have had Mr. Man arms to leave a coffee cup there.” (Mr. Man is a series of British children’s books). “I took a bullet for Emilia Clarke and she touted on me … I’m just not making any comments until I have a lawyer.”

Some outlets are positioning Hill’s playful comments as an outright denial but it sounds a bit vaguer than that to us.

HBO
Last month, Clarke told Fallon: “We had a party before the Emmys recently and Conleth, who plays Varys, who’s sitting next to me in that scene, he pulls me aside and he’s like, ‘Emilia, I have got to tell you something, love. The coffee cup was mine.”

Previously star Sophie Turner (who plays Sansa Stark) said costar Kit Harington was at fault.

After being spotted by sharp-eyed fans during season 8, the cup was quickly digitally removed from the scene by HBO and is no longer visible in the show. At the time HBO quipped on Twitter: “The latte that appeared in the episode was a mistake. Daenerys had ordered an herbal tea.”

game-of-thrones.jpg

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
So i just finished the past season History Channels Vikings TV drama.

Shout out to them for making the man who should've been King the King. They didn't "get cute" and "throw a curve ball ".

Also they did the total opposite of GOT. They did a reverse GOT ending for those who watched the finale.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor Andrew Dunbar Dies On Christmas Eve – Update
By Bruce Haring
Bruce Haring
dunbar.jpg

December 29, 2019 9:14am
3COMMENTS
HBO
Actor Andrew Dunbar, the body double for Theon Greyjoy on HBO’s Game of Thrones and a frequent extra on the series, died at home in Belfast, Ireland on Christmas Eve. His death was confirmed by friends and coworkers, but no cause was given.
Dunbar was in his 30s and also worked as a DJ. His acting career included appearances on the TV shows Line Of Duty and Derry Girls. He also worked as a Game of Thrones tour guide.
UPDATE: Alfie Allen, who played Theon Greyjoy, posted a tribute on Instagram to his fallen comrade
“Andrew was an actor who was also a stand-in as Theon on GoT. Extremely shocked and saddened to hear of his passing. To lose a loved one so young, I can only imagine what his family are going through. RIP Andrew xxx.”

Pamela Smyth, the head of crowd makeup at Game of Thrones, was quoted in reports that Dunbar was “always professional and mannerly, with a big broad beaming smile. A beautiful soul – he will be missed by all the GOT family.”
Dunbar also appeared in Game of Thrones as a Stark bannerman and a Northern Ally in the Battle of the Bastards.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
10 Game Of Thrones Characters Reimagined As Disney Princesses
If Game of Thrones characters were drawn by Disney - what would our favorite Westeros inhabitants look like?

Game of Thrones is over, and whether you loved the ending or (like many fans) absolutely hated it, there's no denying that it was one of the biggest TV shows of the decade... and the most violent. From sexual violence to record-breakingly large battles, to individual duels that shocked the world, Game of Thrones was not a family friendly series.
RELATED: Game Of Thrones: 10 Memes About The Night's Watch That Will Have You Cry-Laughing
However, that hasn't stopped some artists from wondering just what it would have looked like if it was. If this wasn't a world of live-action blood and guts, but a slightly softer, cuter, Disney-fied take on Westeros...
ADVERTISING

10Cersei Lannister

Cersei Lannister isn't a princess, and if she was in the Disney universe, she would be more of an Evil Queen/Stepmother than the kind of character who wanders through life singing to the birds. However, this image (part of a collection by Brazilian animation studio Combo Estudio, from artists Fernando Mendonça and Anderson Mahanski) shows just how fantastic she would look in the Disney world - even as a villain.

game-of-thrones-disney-style-illustration-combo-estudio-3-5aafaa8d24326-880.jpg

9House Lannister

Cersei isn't the only Lannister to get the Disney treatment, either. In this image by MariMoreno, the entire Lannister family gets a Disney twist. Tywin, Tyrion, Cersei, and Jaime all get turned into adorable animated lions - the perfect choice, of course, because the lion is the sigil of their house. This would definitely make for an interesting Disney movie to rival the Lion King!

d72l8km-a435a6a3-35a9-4ff9-bd6f-998a2a87af5f.jpg

8Daenerys & Elsa Swap

Laeshyra Art created a fantastic combination of Disney and Game of Thrones with this piece, that swaps Daenerys and Elsa - or, more accurately, combines them. The artist names these new characters Elserys and Daenelsa, which actually sound like they could have been made up by George R R Martin, and they are both a fantastic look at how these characters could be combined in either animation or live action.

7The Night Princess

Another one from Combo Estudio, this hilarious take on the Night King suggests that maybe this big bad actually really just wants to flee into the wilderness and build himself an ice castle while singing a song...
RELATED: Game Of Thrones: 10 Hilarious Memes About The Starks That Will Have You Cry-Laughing
Another take on Elsa in Westeros (unsurprisingly, given the importance of winter in Game of Thrones, and the popularity of Frozen), this sees the leader of the White Walkers choosing to just let it go...
white-walker-disney-got-collection-by-nandomendonssa-d7k15kz-pre.jpg

6Mother Of Disney Dragons

This adorable take on Daenerys was created by Mona Collentine for a Geek Girl art show in Seattle, and it's become hugely popular with Disney and Game of Thrones fans. Daenerys herself looks much as she does in the show, but in a Disney-fied animation style, but it's her dragons that get the real Disney treatment. Rhaegal, Drogon, and Viserion have been replaced with Disney characters - the dragon from Sleeping Beauty (Maleficent as a dragon, in fact), Elliot, from the film Pete's Dragon, and Figment (the Epcot mascot). That would definitely make an interesting team for the Mother of Dragons.
699full.jpg

5Beauty And Brienne

This next one from Combo Estudio isn't just a mash up between Disney and Game of Thrones, but a gender swap as well! Jaime and Brienne get the Beauty and the Beast treatment here, but with Brienne taking on the role of Beast, while Jaime is snuggling up to her as they waltz, just like Belle. The colors are especially perfect, with Jaime's gold hand and gold cloak swirling out like Belle's dress. It may be a bit cruel to compare Brienne with the Beast, just because she's taller and less 'feminine' than many characters, but we do love that in the same way Beast was a prince in disguise, Brienne was a Knight on the inside - and that became true for her in the end.

Brienne2-5ab0fb8cbc3ac-png-880.jpg

4House Stark

Like the House Lannister lions above, these House Stark wolves are created by Mari Moreno. These adorable wolves cover almost the whole Stark clan, with only Catelyn missing - and including Jon Snow.
RELATED: Game Of Thrones: 10 Most Shameless Things Sansa Stark Ever Did
This is an interesting addition, as he's not actually a Stark - at the start of Game of Thrones, he is a bastard (hence the name 'Snow' not 'Stark') even though he assumed to be Ned's son. However, by the end, fans learn that he isn't a Stark or a Snow... he's a Targaryen! However, it would be a shame to leave him out of the clan, and these wolves are wonderfully recognizable as the family.
house-stark.jpg

3Tell Cersei It Was Me

While there is a lot of fan art of the Starks, the Lannisters, and Danerys, it's nice to see some of the other characters get a little attention as well. This Disney version of Lady Olenna Tyrell was created by Mario Oscar Gabriele, and is very reminiscent of Grandmother Fa in Disney's Mulan. This is a fantastic look at Olenna in a Disney Princess style, but of course, any true fan would know that this incredible and brilliant woman may have been a princess once, but she is nothing less than a Queen as far as fans are concerned!
lady-olenna-by-mariooscargabriele-dbiovn2-pre.jpg

2Prince Snow

The final Combo Estudio offering that we are showcasing here is Jon Snow and Ghost - and while he would technically be a Disney Prince, not a Disney Princess... this is just too adorable not to count! Ghost, who fans were disappointed to see so little of in the final seasons, gets the full Disney-dog treatment and looks absolutely adorable, while Jon is in his Night's Watch gear with that glorious hair falling over his collar. The addition of a little Disney squirrel is an interesting one - perhaps it's connected to his (potential) warging abilities... and his status as a Snow White level Disney character who connects with all little creatures.
game-of-thrones-disney-style-illustration-combo-estudio-1-5aafaa8a03c46-880.jpg

1Wonderful World Of Westeros

We're flipping this concept on its head for the final entry, as we imagine Disney Princesses as Game of Thrones characters. This series (which includes individual pieces for each princess) was created by DjeDjeHuti on DeviantArt, and imagines the classic Disney princesses as Game of Thrones characters. Jasmine appears as Ellaria Sand, Ariel shows up as Melisandre, Merida gets the wildling treatment as Ygritte, and Lilo appears as Arya, but these are only a few of the great mash-ups that this artist has created.

disney-princesses-as-game-of-thrones-by-djedjehuti-d770lzw-pre.jpg