Game Of Thrones: The Sopranos with swords or Dynasty in chainmail?

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Errr. When he does the same ending it will be written much better. I have no idea why you don't get it.
The world is saying the same thing. Only you BGOL weirdos are stuck on stupid.

When GRRM does the same ending I hope you email him to bitch.

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If we accept everything that happened Gendry has the truest claim to the throne.
Why would he have a greater claim than Jon?

If we accept that Dany (and Jon) reclaimed the throne by conquest from Cersei, that re-establishes the Targaryen rule of Westeros. Jon is the (sole) heir of that Dynasty

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No. I am saying if we accept that Jon takes the black for killing Dany then it goes to Gendry.
Why would he have a greater claim than Jon?

If we accept that Dany (and Jon) reclaimed the throne by conquest from Cersei, that re-establishes the Targaryen rule of Westeros. Jon is the (sole) heir of that Dynasty

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No. I am saying if we accept that Jon takes the black for killing Dany then it goes to Gendry.

That would probably be right by the show alone. If you consider the books and assume the ending is the same, then you have to consider Tyrion as having a claim too.

Cersei was crowned by Qyburn as " Cersei of the House Lannister, First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms."

This would mean the succession would go to the eldest surviving make in House Lannister (Tyrion).

In any case they would have had to have a council to select a king anyway cause no one had the throne in the end had any eligible heirs.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No. Gendry was legitimized by Dany herself. It would go to him and he has the strongest claim.

Cersei had no claim whatsoever. She was a walking dead woman without her army.

That would probably be right by the show alone. If you consider the books and assume the ending is the same, then you have to consider Tyrion as having a claim too.

Cersei was crowned by Qyburn as " Cersei of the House Lannister, First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms."

This would mean the succession would go to the eldest surviving make in House Lannister (Tyrion).

In any case they would have had to have a council to select a king anyway cause no one had the throne in the end had any eligible heirs.

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@stretchwallz said fuck this thread and this show
giphy.gif

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
This should've been the way Rhaegal got killed instead of being shot by scorpion, Rhaegal going down too low to attack Iron Fleet while Euron was pulling up and he calls the kraken with his kraken horn and Rhaegal gets pulled by those tentacles under the water. No Sailing through blackwater bay for Dany's army after they see the Kraken too

241b1d03934a11cd558e78834974cd21.jpg

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/snow-way-3-major-game-175800596.html

Entertainment
Snow Way! 3 Major 'Game of Thrones' Stars Are Reuniting for a New Netflix Series
editor@purewow.com (PureWow),PureWow 22 hours ago
ff6f98ade8b9d4a70c228d54e1c28045

A Game of Thrones TV reunion is coming...but not to HBO.

Lena Headey (who played Cersei Lannister on the hit show), Natalie Dormer (who portrayed Margaery Tyrell) and Nathalie Emmanuel (who portrayed Dany's right-hand woman Missandei) have all signed on to the voice cast of a new Netflix series called The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. And we just hope Missandei and Margaery finally get to exact their revenge on the evil queen... ("DRACARYS!")

According to Deadline, the new animated series is a prequel to the cult-classic 1982 Jim Henson movie called The Dark Crystal, and will debut on August 30, 2019, so we don't have to wait too long to hear Cersei, Margaery and Missandei on-screen again.

According to the description, the dark fantasy series is set "many years" before the events of the original film in the world of Thra. When three Gelfling (Emmanuel's character is one of these, named Deet) discover the horrifying secret behind the Skeksis’ power, they set out on an epic journey to ignite the fires of rebellion and save their world.

Headey will play Maudra Fara, and joins an already stacked voice cast of Benedict Wong (Avengers: Endgame), Awkwafina (Crazy Rich Asians), Sigourney Weaver, Hannah John-Kamen (Ant-Man and The Wasp), Taron Egerton (Rocketman), Caitriona Balfe (Outlander), Helena Bonham Carter (The King's Speech), Alicia Vikander (The Danish Girl), Mark Hamill (Star Wars), Keegan-Michael Key (Toy Story 4) and Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine).

Yep, we seriously weren't kidding about this all-star lineup... But if we're being Jon-Snow-level honest, we're just here for the Thrones alums.

RELATED: Ryan Murphy Is Teaming up with Netflix for a New Movie Musical Featuring an Insane Cast

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
George R.R. Martin Confirms ‘Thrones’ Prequel Features Starks, 100 Westeros Kingdoms, and More
Don't expect the Lannister family to show up in the prequel series.

Jul 9, 2019 11:39 am

01_GameofThrones_S8E3-1.jpg

HBO

The super-secretive “Game of Thrones” prequel television series just got slightly less mysterious thanks to franchise creator George R.R. Martin. The author is behind the upcoming series alongside showrunner Jane Goldman and shared some new facts to Entertainment Weekly about what “Thrones” fans can expect in the prequel. The biggest revelation is that the Stark family, a driving force behind HBO’s flagship “Game of Thrones” series, will be featured in some capacity in the prequel story.

“The Starks will definitely be there,” Martin said. “Obviously the White Walkers are here — or as they’re called in my books, The Others — and that will be an aspect of it. There are things like direwolves and mammoths.”

The prequel takes place thousands of years before the events of “Game of Thrones.” According to Martin, the setting means this version of Westeros has far more than just the seven kingdoms “Thrones” fans are used to hearing about. “We talk about the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros; there were Seven Kingdoms at the time of Aegon’s Conquest,” the author said. “But if you go back further then there are nine kingdoms, and 12 kingdoms, and eventually you get back to where there are a hundred kingdoms — petty kingdoms — and that’s the era we’re talking about here.”

One group of characters that will not be included in the “Thrones” prequel are the Lannisters. The conflict between the Stark and Lannister families was a driving force behind “Game of Thrones,” but the prequel series is set long before the Lannister family makes a claim in Westeros.

“The Lannisters aren’t there yet, but Casterly Rock is certainly there; it’s like the Rock of Gibraltar,” Martin said. “It’s actually occupied by the Casterlys — for whom it’s still named after in the time of Game of Thrones.”

As for the title, Martin has been outspoken about wanting to call the series “The Long Night.” That title was what “Game of Thrones” named its much-discussed Battle of Winterfell episode in the final season, which means Martin might have to come up with a different title. “I heard a suggestion that it could be called ‘The Longest Night,’ which is a variant I wouldn’t mind,” he said. “That would be pretty good.”

HBO kicked of production on the pilot episode for the “Thrones” prequel in June.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
George R.R. Martin: Game of Thrones fan reactions won't change my books. (Translation = Fuck Your Outrage. Fuck Your Opinions About Season 8. Fuck Your Petitions. Yeah, Bran will STILL become the King and Dany Will STILL Burn Kings Landing Down to Dust By the End of My Books. Deal With it.)

https://ew.com/tv/2019/07/15/george-rr-martin-game-thrones-fan-reactions/

Game of Thrones fans obviously had a lot of strong feelings about the plot twists in the show’s final season — at least some of which were inspired by saga author George R.R. Martin.

But Martin says none of the outspoken reactions, positive or negative, will change anything he has planned for his final two A Song of Ice and Fire novels (though the author admits there can be a certain degree of temptation to do so).

“The internet affects all this to a degree it was never affected before,” Martin tells EW when asked about fan reaction to the final season. “Like Jon Snow’s parentage. There were early hints about [who Snow’s parents were] in the books, but only one reader in 100 put it together. And before the internet that was fine — for 99 readers out of 100 when Jon Snow’s parentage gets revealed it would be, ‘Oh, that’s a great twist!’ But in the age of the internet, even if only one person in 100 figures it out then that one person posts it online and the other 99 people read it and go, ‘Oh, that makes sense.’ Suddenly the twist you’re building towards is out there. And there is a temptation to then change it [in the upcoming books] — ‘Oh my god, it’s screwed up, I have to come up with something different.’ But that’s wrong. Because you’ve been planning for a certain ending and if you suddenly change direction just because somebody figured it out, or because they don’t like it, then it screws up the whole structure. So no, I don’t read the fan sites. I want to write the book I’ve always intended to write all along. And when it comes out they can like it or they can not like it.”

thirsty.gif

Martin added that watching the recent GoT final season was a bit of a strange experience given the different version he’s still writing. “The whole last three years have been strange since the show got ahead of the books,” he says. “Yes, I told [showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] a number of things years ago. And some of them they did do. But at the same time, it’s different. I have very fixed ideas in my head as I’m writing The Winds of Winter and beyond that in terms of where things are going. It’s like two alternate realities existing side by side. I have to double down and do my version of it which is what I’ve been doing.”

Asked if he feels more pressure or less now that the HBO series has concluded, Martin explained that the pressure already peaked for him a few years ago.

“I felt a tremendous amount of pressure for years now,” he says. “The most pressure I felt was a few years ago when I was desperately trying to stay ahead of the show. There was a point when the show was coming out in April and my editors said if I could finish the book by December they’d rush it out. And the pressure I felt that fall was the greatest pressure I’ve ever felt and then at a certain point it became apparent I’m not going to finish it by then. I don’t only want to finish it, I want to make it as good as I possibly can. Since then there’s been pressure but not like there was at that point. There’s no longer a race. The show is over. I’m writing the book. It will be done when it’s done.”

Last edited:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
George R.R. Martin: Game of Thrones fan reactions won't change my books. (Translation = Fuck Your Outrage. Fuck Your Opinions About Season 8. Fuck Your Petitions. Yeah, Bran will STILL become the King and Dany Will STILL Burn Kings Landing Down to Dust By the End of My Books. Deal With it.)

How can he change what will never be written?!?