Fortnite Battle Royal (Xbox, PS4, PC, Mobile) Who's Playing?

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
thumb-1920-877849.jpg

What is Fortnite?
Fortnite is a unique video game by Epic that got its roots as a zombie defense shooter, but a little later on in its life it was updated with a "Battle Royale" mode. It's named after the budding new genre that has everyone addicted.

Battle Royale Games Explained
It's probably adequate to boil all battle royale games down to one common theme: kill everyone, and survive. Think "Hunger Games," but available to you in a digital digest on a grander scale.

While each game approaches the concept differently, they all typically exhibit much of the same pattern. You and as many as 99 others spill out onto a map littered with weapons, first aid, and armor. As the free-for-all wages on, everyone is shepherded into increasingly shrunken circles until you're pretty much forced to go face to face with your opponents. The last man, woman, or team standing wins

How to Play Fortnite
fortnite%20battle%20bus%201.jpg

From the very start, Fortnite is an intense game to get into. 100 individuals, 50 teams of 2, or 25 teams of 4 all fly into an 8x8km map on the groovin' Battle Bus. You all jump out, rushing to the ground to find your first killing tools.

What's the Goal?
Your number one goal is to survive as the last one standing. As you'd guess, though, it's easier said than done. You'll have to compete with other players who want nothing more than to take you down and empty your pockets.

You also have to contend with The Storm. It's an evergrowing threat that compels you to seek safety, as if you're caught in it then you can say goodbye to significant chunks of your health bar.

fortnite%20storm%20map.jpg

The eye of the storm is the only place you and the others are safe, and it gets smaller and smaller (and more deadly) as time moves on.

Getting Your Loot
Your first priority after you've jumped out of the Battle Bus is to find a place to land and find your first loot. Loot is anything you can find that'll help you out in this savage royale.

fortnite%20loot%201.jpg

This can range from your weapons and their ammo to healing items, traps, and explosives. All these items can be found throughout the world, mostly near or inside pre-built structures. You'll especially want to keep an eye out for special loot crates as these can contain rarer items.

The first thing you'll want to find in almost every situation is a gun, especially if you've managed to drop at the same location as others. You'll typically have to shoot your way out of these scenarios.

Taking Your Shots
fortnite%20shotgun%20battle%20gif.gif

Fortnite is a shooter at its core, so those who have some experience in that realm may immediately find comfort. L2 (on PS4) lets you aim down sights, R2 lets you fire the rounds. You'll reload with the Square button and crouch with Circle. Headshots deal more damage.

Easy. The only thing you really need to worry about is having your aiming skills on point because you'll be fighting early and often.

Gather Building Materials
fortnite%20chopping.jpg

At some point throughout the game, you'll want to grab some wood, brick, or metal. These materials can be harvested throughout the world using the pickaxe that you start out with.

Aim to have at least 100 pieces of each material by the time you reach the halfway point of the match. That's because building is a big part of what it takes to be successful in Fortnite.

Build a Path to Victory
fortnite%20building.gif

In the mid-to-late game stages of Fortnite, building becomes a pretty big part of the experience. Players use their materials to build and take shelter in sky-high fortresses within the eye of the storm.

They'll even use the materials during firefights. Being able to build on the fly allows you to build your own cover as you look to engage, or even disengage, enemies. Often, the best builder -- and not always the best shooter -- can be the deadliest.

TeEdIzZeL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks too cartoony for me but Ive never played. My daughter and my girls son plays it so I always looked at it as a kids game. I get down on the PUBG though

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
I ain't really shit in it but I've been playing it a lot more lately. Actually got my 1st squad win with a few homies a couple days ago

TheyCallMeBe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
PUBG gives me my Battle Royale fix but I might give this a try. Seems like everybody is playing it. Any PC gamers here?

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
It's probably adequate to boil all battle royale games down to one common theme: kill everyone, and survive.

I've been playing GTA online so long I came in w/ this mentality but surprisingly the most successful strategy for me has been to lay low and collect weapons/energy potions...I try to jump out the bus last then land in a remote area on the outskirts of the island and work my way to the middle during storm warnings...I can consistently place in the top 10 doing that...I need to practice building shit tho...that’s the real “genius” behind the game

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Looks too cartoony for me but Ive never played. My daughter and my girls son plays it so I always looked at it as a kids game. I get down on the PUBG though

ya that was my attitude initially but the game clips on my activity feed looked so fun so I decided to give it a chance...it’s an easy game to jump into and play...I haven’t played PUBG in a minute due to the bugs and wonky controls...they’ve made some updates tho so I should give it another try

Last edited:

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Ninja and Drake Play Duos!!! - Fortnite Battle Royale Gameplay

Ninja and Drake Play Duos!!! - Fortnite Battle Royale Gameplay - Game 2

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
How to Become a Master Builder in Fortnite

ya man...it’s not even that hard...it’s just really intricate tho...idk if I wanna commit to diving that deeply into the game lol...great tutorial tho

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Me and my son play both PUBG and fortnite

the cartoony look of fortnite turned me off at first but that shit is fun as hell.. it's actually a better game than PUBG

PUBG on xbox is almost a broken game.. the graphics sucks........ looks like ps2 game and the menus and inventory system was built to play on a PC

Reactions: LSN

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I've been playing GTA online so long I came in w/ this mentality but surprisingly the most successful strategy for me has been to lay low and collect weapons/energy potions...I try to jump out the bus last then land in a remote area on the outskirts of the island and work my way to the middle during storm warnings...I can consistently place in the top 10 doing that...I need to practice building shit tho...that’s the real “genius” behind the game
I've made it to the bottom 20 when I first started. Seems like the best strategy is to let others fight and just try to survive.

Reactions: LSN

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
let me finish this semester and peep it. got starwars BF2 last december and its a grind. want to level up all the heroes before moving on.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

didn’t know about the color rankings for the guns...my biggest mistake that he posted about is I engage enemies too early when I have the element of surprise and I should wait to get a better angle on them

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
I like to spectate after I’ve been killed...can learn some shit from watching other players

dabushwackers

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fucking genius marketing strategy with this game, it's free only catch is in app purchases which this month the developers are making an astounding $100 million dollars...FML :itsawrap::money::eek2:

TeEdIzZeL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Me and my son play both PUBG and fortnite

the cartoony look of fortnite turned me off at first but that shit is fun as hell.. it's actually a better game than PUBG

PUBG on xbox is almost a broken game.. the graphics sucks........ looks like ps2 game and the menus and inventory system was built to play on a PC

The updates for Xbox made the game a lot better. As far as graphics, I use to feel that way when I played on my Xbox One S but I sold that ish and got a Xbox One X with a 4K TV and that ish is night and day. On the S, I wouldnt be able to see the house when jumping from the plane until I was damn near about to launch my parachute. With the X them shits start showing as soon as you leave the plane. The X gives you better frames per second and looks like one step down from the PC version.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Epic making this game their priority it seems..they shut down this and cancelled this game they were developing after the beta test

Paragon.png

On the bright side they gave away all the game assets for free to Unreal Engine 4 users :hellyea:

BAG

Cleveland D-T-W [216]
BGOL Investor
I'm fucking with it but I suck I cant build for shit, I use the same approach as LSN I'm the last one to jump off the plane and always land in the top 10, but the storm usually catches me or I get jumped by the last players shit always pisses me the fuck off and I jump on COD WW2 :lol:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
they added a new mode where the only weapons you can use are sniper rifles...levels the playing field a lot...you can also use your pick axe for close quarter encounters

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

I hope @ some point PUBG can play as smoothly as fortnite

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
another strategy will give you a slight advantage is hovering in the sky early and for as long as you can...I just tried it and about 7 players died before I even landed plus it ensured I landed in a secure area by myself

BEANTOWNBOOTYMAN

Rising Star
Registered
My boy tried to get me to play but it seems to slow for me. I tried it and went right back to playing my COD games. I feel it's a Minecrafe game for older folk. My 7 year ild who loves.minecraft now ate this...