Football question... Could Darrelle Revis or Deon Sanders man up Tyreek Hill all game with no help?

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Only defensive Heisman winner. You can get your hands on him and direct him anywhere. He isn't physical.
You sound ridiculous. 1st, he won the heisman because he played offense and defense. 2nd, college isn’t the pros. 3rd, there’s a reason why u don’t see hill get pressed; because he’s so fast and he will run past any cb; 4th, cbs are a product of their teams pass rush. Some more than others. I don’t care who cb is; if the qb has time to throw a freak wr like hill will get open…

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
Just like the Basketball hand checking rules changed so did Football.
They super strict on being physical after the 5 yards now.
Not sure if ANY CB with these rules could lock up Hill
IMO the best CB's are the ones that learn to TURN THEIR HEADS to look for the
ball at the right time are the most successful.
It's a skill that comes from being able to read the receivers face & eyes.
It's like a mirror if you know what to look for

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Actually Trevon didnt do it but he did get picks; no cornerback could because its all dependent on pass rush; if a freak wide receiver plays with a qb that has time to throw, it wont matter what the cornerback does; eventually the wr will get open...

True can’t nobody hold any wr for an extended time. But Diggs was number one in int that damn impressive in the NFL

keith6

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You sound ridiculous. 1st, he won the heisman because he played offense and defense. 2nd, college isn’t the pros. 3rd, there’s a reason why u don’t see hill get pressed; because he’s so fast and he will run past any cb; 4th, cbs are a product of their teams pass rush. Some more than others. I don’t care who cb is; if the qb has time to throw a freak wr like hill will get open…
You sound stupid. He played 95 % defense in college. You get physical and press him. Put his ass on the ground in the first 5 yards. Tampa Bay shut his ass down in the super bowl.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You sound stupid. He played 95 % defense in college. You get physical and press him. Put his ass on the ground in the first 5 yards. Tampa Bay shut his ass down in the super bowl.
Tampa shut mahomes down not hill; rewatch the game; You sir are a complete idiot…

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Actually Trevon didnt do it but he did get picks; no cornerback could because its all dependent on pass rush; if a freak wide receiver plays with a qb that has time to throw, it wont matter what the cornerback does; eventually the wr will get open...

That's why I said that the deep drag would be the hardest route. Reason being because even on a deep drag, all a wide out has to do is turn up field, and it will be a big play if the DB covers the route correctly.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
U might want to look at last year's super bowl Shannon!
Why did Cupp kill the same dam team then?again they didn't shut hill down. Mahomes had no time to throw the dam ball!! Stafford had time to throw hence Kupp killing the bucs. There's a reason why KC change their entire offensive line. Clearly you don't understand that football is a team sport. And that every layer of the team is dependent on each other. But hey continue to think that Woodson could guard hill one one one :giggle: :smh:

keith6

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why did Cupp kill the same dam team then?again they didn't shut hill down. Mahomes had no time to throw the dam ball!! Stafford had time to throw hence Kupp killing the bucs. There's a reason why KC change their entire offensive line. Clearly you don't understand that football is a team sport. And that every layer of the team is dependent on each other. But hey continue to think that Woodson could guard hill one one one :giggle: :smh:
You prove my point. Tyreek cant win it by himself. And Kupp is better than him as well. You're welcome.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nobody is shutting down Tyreek. But if Mahomeboy kept throwing at him with Deion covering him, he’d end up with a couple of interceptions.
Deion would definitely win some battles. Just like he would against Rice. But he aint shutting Rice down like he ain’t shutting Hill down. Mono on mono it’s hard to shut the greats down on either side of the ball…

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You prove my point. Tyreek cant win it by himself. And Kupp is better than him as well. You're welcome.
Kupp had all of the wr stats this year.
And no help means no double teams of safety help.
The thread was about man on man, not a whole team shutting down 1 player. You went from Woodson shutting down Hill, to a whole team shutting him down, to Cooper fucking Kupp being a better wr than hill. You are all over the place. You ok fam? You don’t sound like you handling those drugs well….

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Got into an argument/debate at work over whether, in their prime, either Revis or Sanders could man up Tyreek Hill without help all game. I think Sanders maybe, maybe, could. But I don't think Revis could. What do you think?
I was thinking the same thing when I read your question. To me Revis got away with a lot of holding his man that just wasn't called. Sanders had the speed to follow Hill around the field all day. Look at it this way, if you can hold your own against Jerry Rice, that says a lot.

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't know if they do this with former NFL players (the NBA players do), but it would be nice to hear some of the receivers and defensive backs sit down and discuss who gave them problems when they played. Ex. Kobe Bryant would tell you that Tony Allen (Boston Celtics) did a good job checking him.

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Dion would shut him down. Dude is damn good, but Dion would make his quarterback scared. Dion used to pick folk off. You had to worry about the ball coverage and Dion. Dion Sander is the Goat. He shut down Jerry Rice. Hill has a great stutter step though. That shit throws defenders off, but he would be no match to Dion Sanders.

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Diggs was solid/good but he was no Sanders or Reeves
Diggs has the best hands at his position. Like Deion, if he gets his hands on the ball he’s not dropping it. However, he wasn’t blessed with 4.2 40 speed like Prime. Hence why Prime is the GOAT.

This pick from Diggs was insane, Digg ran that route better than the receiver and snagged the ball like it was intended for him.

Last edited:

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Diggs has the best hands at his position. Like Deion, if he gets his hands on the ball he’s not dropping it. However, he wasn’t blessed with 4.2 40 speed like Prime. Hence why Prime is the GOAT.

This pick from Diggs was insane, Digg ran that route better than the receiver and snagged the ball like it was intended for him.

Great pick but that ball was late and was thrown short. Nonetheless great play by Diggs...

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dion would shut him down. Dude is damn good, but Dion would make his quarterback scared. Dion used to pick folk off. You had to worry about the ball coverage and Dion. Dion Sander is the Goat. He shut down Jerry Rice. Hill has a great stutter step though. That shit throws defenders off, but he would be no match to Dion Sanders.
You must not have been around when jerry rice was going against Dion. I was and witness some games 1st hand. But let me help u out.
1989…2 games Rice had 6 receptions 112 yards and 2 tds...
1990...1st game Rice had 8 receptions 171 yards and 1 td; 2nd game 13 catches 225 yards and 5 tds :eek2: :eek2: ; wow he was really shut down..
1991...1st game Rice had 7 receptions 138 yards and 1 td; 2nd game he had 6 catches 44 yards but Steve Young was hurt in that game
1992...1st game Rice killed them but Sanders didnt play; 2nd game 4 receptions 45 yards and a td
1993...1st game Sanders didnt playe and Rice was quiet; 2nd game 6 receptions 105 yards
1995...Sanders was on Dallas; Rice had 5 receptions for 161 yards and a td
I can go on and on; but as you can see Sanders didnt shut Rice down; and actually Rice killed him the majority of the time; and they both are considered the goat of their positions; so all this shutting down shit is stupid; Hill will get his and Sanders would get his...

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You must not have been around when jerry rice was going against Dion. I was and witness some games 1st hand. But let me help u out.
1989…2 games Rice had 6 receptions 112 yards and 2 tds...
1990...1st game Rice had 8 receptions 171 yards and 1 td; 2nd game 13 catches 225 yards and 5 tds :eek2: :eek2: ; wow he was really shut down..
1991...1st game Rice had 7 receptions 138 yards and 1 td; 2nd game he had 6 catches 44 yards but Steve Young was hurt in that game
1992...1st game Rice killed them but Sanders didnt play; 2nd game 4 receptions 45 yards and a td
1993...1st game Sanders didnt playe and Rice was quiet; 2nd game 6 receptions 105 yards
1995...Sanders was on Dallas; Rice had 5 receptions for 161 yards and a td
I can go on and on; but as you can see Sanders didnt shut Rice down; and actually Rice killed him the majority of the time; and they both are considered the goat of their positions; so all this shutting down shit is stupid; Hill will get his and Sanders would get his...
I like the fact that you took the time to find stats, I found this article.

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

What makes Diggs so he use to play wide receiver, that’s why you rarely see him attempt to bat the ball down like most cornerback. He attempts to catch the ball as if it is intended for him. Plus on that play he baited the quarterback to make him look like the wide receiver was open and closed ground quick.

I haven’t seen nothing like Diggs since Sanders. I forget who they was playing late in the season, and the quarterback off the break said fuck it. First play of the game he threw a fly route to Diggs and you guessed it Diggs pick that shit off first play of the game. QB stop throwing to that side the rest of the game.

witmoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Prime Time would pull a hamstring and miss that game just like he did the one time he was supposed to match up with Randy Moss. Deion might be the fastest DB we've ever seen but a receiver knows where he is going a DB just makes a adjustments and a HOF QB can make a bum good. So locking Hill down completely no.