Football question... Could Darrelle Revis or Deon Sanders man up Tyreek Hill all game with no help?

Black A. Camus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Got into an argument/debate at work over whether, in their prime, either Revis or Sanders could man up Tyreek Hill without help all game. I think Sanders maybe, maybe, could. But I don't think Revis could. What do you think?

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sanders was a bad man. Like I said, if anyone could do it it would probably be him. But I think Hill has too much speed for Reevis.

Yeah if Reevis couldn't get physical with him right off the line, it would be a wrap.

I was just looking up Deion's track times (100mm) in '88 he ran a 10.1, 4th place in the '88 Olympics was a 10.4. I think had he been able to just run track his PR would have been lower, but he also played baseball. I got to see dude run, I went to FAMU & we'd go over to FSU.

Black A. Camus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah if Reevis couldn't get physical with him right off the line, it would be a wrap.

I was just looking up Deion's track times (100mm) in '88 he ran a 10.1, 4th place in the '88 Olympics was a 10.4. I think had he been able to just run track his PR would have been lower, but he also played baseball. I got to see dude run, I went to FAMU & we'd go over to FSU.
You think Reevis could jam Hill at the line of scrimmage without safety help? Im not saying it hasnt happened but I dont recall anyone trying to jam Hill at the l.o.s. one on one without help. Has that happened?

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You think Reevis could jam Hill at the line of scrimmage without safety help? Im not saying it hasnt happened but I dont recall anyone trying to jam Hill at the l.o.s. one on one without help. Has that happened?

I'm just saying that would probably be on the only way he could keep up with him. Problem is the Chief's line Hill up all over the place or have him in motion so DB's can't get their hands on him at the line. Most play off because they are scared of his speed. Very few DB's have the top end speed to keep up with him, Deion actually had the speed to run with him & wouldn't have to play off the line.

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hill is on another level...speed...quickness...he's got youtube videos where he's racing other athletes....he gives them headstarts and still goes by them :hithead:

You saw he shut up when Bolt told him to put up or shut up..lol

Hill is fast but there are folks who have played that were just as or in some cases faster.

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1st lets identify the best cover corners...

1.Deion by a mile
2.-4. Revis,Mike Haynes and Mel Blount

2nd and most important what rules are we playing by? If its the rules Blount Haynes and Deion played by which was physical,hands on and can knock the shit outta you then Hill would never get open against any of them. If its todays soft pussy rules then only Deion had the speed to run with him. If its todays rules then Darrell Green would be the 2nd choice to cover him after Deion cause he had the speed also. A true one on one challenge with Hill and Deion would be very one sided Deion was a pure freak of nature.He may have been the fastest player to ever run on a field in pads maybe not a 100 yard dash track but on the field in pads he would be neck and neck with Bo. Deion was the only corner evere who was fast enough smart enough and had the technique to LET the WR open just to bait the QB to throw it.

55th View

Rising Star
Registered

1.Deion by a mile

2nd and most important what rules are we playing by? If its the rules Blount Haynes and Deion played by which was physical,hands on and can knock the shit outta you then Hill would never get open against any of them. If its todays soft pussy rules then only Deion had the speed to run with him. If its todays rules then Darrell Green would be the 2nd choice to cover him after Deion cause he had the speed also. A true one on one challenge with Hill and Deion would be very one sided Deion was a pure freak of nature.He may have been the fastest player to ever run on a field in pads maybe not a 100 yard dash track but on the field in pads he would be neck and neck with Bo. Deion was the only corner evere who was fast enough smart enough and had the technique to LET the WR open just to bait the QB to throw it.

Crazy no one has said a word about Eli Apple. I'm adding him to the list based on pure talent alone.

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

1.Deion by a mile

Crazy no one has said a word about Eli Apple. I'm adding him to the list based on pure talent alone.

A 4.4 corner..lol

Black A. Camus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You

1.Deion by a mile

Good reply! As someone already mentioned what about when Mahommes extends plays and they run a scramble drill without adhering to route trees? Mahommes and Hill have really good chemistry. In such a situation, you dont think Hill could create enough separation to get a catch on Sanders?

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

1.Deion by a mile

No love for Champ

GentlemanJack

Rising Star
OG Investor
The killer is how much of a speed differential you see when Hill catches a lil dumpoff past and just sprints past everybody. That said that zone and doubling can be effective sometimes.

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The killer is how much of a speed differential you see when Hill catches a lil dumpoff past and just sprints past everybody. That said that zone and doubling can be effective sometimes.

Problem is not to many DB's in the league these days have speed near his.

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You

Good reply! As someone already mentioned what about when Mahommes extends plays and they run a scramble drill without adhering to route trees? Mahommes and Hill have really good chemistry. In such a situation, you dont think Hill could create enough separation to get a catch on Sanders?

Pure speed receivers could never get open against Deion he ate them up. The WR who would have sucess against Deion were physical big and route runners like Rice,Michael Irvin,John Taylor but just pure speed guys like Hill who cant run the route tree and only use speed have no chamce against Deion and that scramble drill ad libbing that Mahomes gets away today doesnt work on a corner like Deion cause he never allowed his technique to break down just cause QB is running or scrambling.

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is this a legit question?

All respect to the homie Tyreek, but we just going to act like there aren’t receivers in the league now that are just as fast as Tyreek, they just don’t play with a QB with PM’s arm talent. Henry Ruggs was/is every bit as fast as Tyreek Hill.

Black A. Camus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is this a legit question?

All respect to the homie Tyreek, but we just going to act like there aren’t receivers in the league now that are just as fast as Tyreek, they just don’t play with a QB with PM’s arm talent. Henry Ruggs was/is every bit as fast as Tyreek Hill.
Ruggs was faster. But it's a moot question with him. He'll likely never play in the NFL again.

TeEdIzZeL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Like someone said earlier, if Mahomes scrables for that 3-5 secs then i dont care who is on Hill, he will beat you (single coverage).

What some of yall aint realizing is that great DBs are great because like the receiver, they know what routes to look for in certain formations so they anticipate what you're gonna do before you do it.

That what makes great DBs great. Now where Prime seperates himself from the greats is that he not only had elite instinct, he also had elite speed which would allow him to recover when he guessed wrong pre-snap.

Guessing wrong is what separated elite recievers from great DBs because an elite receiver wouldn't allow great DBs to recover once they shook you

Now is a SCRAMBLING situation....I don't GAF who you are, once recievers (great or elite) start creating their own routes by just going to open parts of the field that isn't "traditional" route running.....aint no way any DB is gonna be able to hang with them, ESPECIALLY Reek with that speed.

TeEdIzZeL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not to hi jack famo's post but me and the homie were having a debate about Mahomes in regards to Tyreek.

I was sayin.....once Mahomes doesnt have a Tyreek to throw to (lets say he signs some where else, gets injured or gets slower)......its at THAT point that we will see how great Mahomes is.

I cant tell you how many Chiefs games Ive watched where Mahomes just throws a little dump route to Tyreek to where Reeks speed gets him a 60 yd pass and TD but to anyone else wouldve been a 5 yard gain.

Tyreek gets Mahomes out of A LOT of bad situations like during the Superbowl where he just threw it up cause after scrambling, Tyreek shook his defender.

Those dumps passes could be thrown by ANYONE cause its the Oline, other recievers and Reeks speed that makes the big plays.

So, personally.....I just wanna see what he does with out Hill before I give him as much love as the media

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sanders can, I never seen somebody lock up one side of the field and soon as the qb throw over there it’s picked!

Trevon Diggs did that shit this year with the cowboys. But he can’t lock up Hill
Actually Trevon didnt do it but he did get picks; no cornerback could because its all dependent on pass rush; if a freak wide receiver plays with a qb that has time to throw, it wont matter what the cornerback does; eventually the wr will get open...