Every Black Mississippi senator walked out as white colleagues voted to ban critical race theory

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
that always been my play from day one, we either play the game strategically or revolt all the way but if we must revolt then we must do it wholeheartedly but i fear we've been too compromised but i still have faith tho
If you play you lose. There isn't some secret path to winning. You play and you lose. You lose when you play.

Why play?

This country has a huge problem with black people reading and writing. That’s the tell.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The white whataboutism are insane

ima make a fucking bingo card and send them to my frens in DM and we play the game In threads like these.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
mos def also mosdef never implied that " you unmotivated ass niggas don't even control your own shit"
This is an oversimplification of my statement about some black folk not being motivated.
This is a micro level example that happens on a macro level.

Ferguson Re-Elects White Mayor 2 Years After Mike Brown Incident

April 5, 2017

"FERGUSON, Mo. — When a national movement for racial justice flared here two and a half years ago, activists nationwide hoped to upend the political order. Ferguson was one of many predominantly black communities across the country that were under white control, and they strategized about ways to change that.
But those hopes for sweeping increases in black political leadership have not come to fruition, a point driven home in the mayoral election this week.

Although much of the activism today stems from the killing of Michael Brown by a white police officer in Ferguson, voters here — at least the few who turned out — re-elected James Knowles III, a white Republican who has been the object of much scorn among those who believe the city has discriminated against black people. About 67 percent of the city’s 21,000 residents are black, and 29 percent are white, according to the 2010 census.
Some activists are now assessing what is happening politically for black people and whether there needs to be a complete rethinking of how they engage with mainstream politics.

“With all that’s happened within the past two years nationally, I think I am concerned,” said Allen Frimpong, an activist based in New York. “I would expect that folks would, at the very least, move to the polls, and that’s not happening. There’s something that we need to look at, because something’s not working.”
Especially with the concerns he has heard over President Trump’s policies, Mr. Frimpong said, he thought people would have been thinking, “Let me do something in my local community.”

To be sure, the Black Lives Matter movement has made significant gains nationwide in areas ranging from policing to education. But the barriers that black and other marginalized communities face in engaging and succeeding in politics run deep, organizers and political observers said. Many black communities remain skeptical that any single candidate can erase what they see as generations of unfair treatment by political leaders.

When Ella Jones, 62, a City Council member who was seeking to become Ferguson’s first black mayor, went door-to-door to speak with residents, she said, many black people told her they did not think she could help change their fortunes. Some questioned whether she had accomplished anything in her two years on the City Council, she said.

“If you’ve been oppressed so long, it’s hard for you to break out to a new idea,” said Ms. Jones. “And when you’ve been governed by fear and people telling you that the city is going to decline because an African-American person is going to be in charge, then you tend to listen to the rhetoric and don’t open your mind to new possibilities.”

Some of Ms. Jones’s voters said they did not make their choice enthusiastically. The number of votes cast on Tuesday was slightly less than those cast during the City Council election two years earlier, when the city was brimming with international attention in its first campaign after Mr. Brown’s death.
“When you look at it, when the people had an opportunity to change what they said has been an oppressed system, they decided not to get out and change the system,” Ms. Jones said a day after the election. “You cannot complain about a system that you are unwilling to do the work to change.”

Voters in nearby St. Louis, also a center of activism after the Brown shooting, also elected a white mayor, who received support from the departing white incumbent over a slew of well-known black candidates.

“To me, Missouri as a whole is ground zero” in the fight for racial justice, said Stefanie Brown James, a political strategist. “For Ferguson and St. Louis to not elect black candidates, that frustrates and angers me.”

Ms. Brown James and many other political observers said they were disappointed at the inability of the black political establishment to coalesce around a single candidate in last month’s Democratic primary. Several well-known black politicians ran and split the vote, allowing Lyda Krewson, an alderwoman who is white and who got the endorsement of the current mayor, Francis Slay, to defeat her closest competitor, Tishaura Jones, but only by about 800 votes.

“That really, to me, is the onus on the black community to say, ‘We cannot continue to have the status quo if we want to make our communities better,’” Ms. Brown James said.
Mr. Knowles, 37, who won his third mayoral term in Ferguson by nearly 15 percentage points, chafed at the suggestion that his election represented the maintenance of a status quo that allowed for the mistreatment of black people. He pointed to several changes the city has made since Mr. Brown’s death.
The city has replaced its white police chief and city manager with black men. It reached an agreement with the Justice Department to overhaul its justice system. And three black people, including Ms. Jones, have won seats on the Council. There was only one before Mr. Brown’s killing.

Mr. Knowles credited activists with helping push the city to change. And he said they should look at the work he has done to make changes, not at his race, when evaluating him as mayor.
“If the measure is, ‘There’s still a white guy there,’ No. 1, that’s, I think, pretty un-American,” he said. “But No. 2, I think they don’t give themselves credit for what they deserve, which is we’ve made progress.”

Mr. Knowles said his victory showed that voters were not fixated on race. “At the end of the day, making history is great,” he said, but people really care about things like the budget, property values, road conditions and public safety.
Some people attributed Mr. Knowles’s re-election to the same forces they believe produced a Trump presidency.

“This is the white backlash to the protests,” said Emily Davis, a community organizer in Ferguson. “There was an uprising, and white people said: ‘We’re not going to give up our power. Don’t take this from us.’”

The election results, for some, underscored the need to “take a step back and reassess and redefine what actual political power is,” said Ashley Yates, a St. Louis-born activist who is now working on causes nationwide for Black Lives Matter. “For a lot of us, it’s not about building something that will gain us greater access to the political establishment that already exists. It’s not about just putting more black faces in systems that are built to oppress us already.”

But Rita Williams, 28, a black resident who voted for Mr. Knowles, said people should not harp on race in elections.

“It’s not enough,” Ms. Williams said. “Obama was a black president. I don’t feel like he did enough. I mean, it’s not about color for me. It’s about who’s in my best interest.”

Last edited:

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is an oversimplification of my statement about some black folk not being motivated.
This is a micro level example that happens on a macro level.

Ferguson Re-Elects White Mayor 2 Years After Mike Brown Incident

April 5, 2017

"FERGUSON, Mo. — When a national movement for racial justice flared here two and a half years ago, activists nationwide hoped to upend the political order. Ferguson was one of many predominantly black communities across the country that were under white control, and they strategized about ways to change that.
But those hopes for sweeping increases in black political leadership have not come to fruition, a point driven home in the mayoral election this week.

Although much of the activism today stems from the killing of Michael Brown by a white police officer in Ferguson, voters here — at least the few who turned out — re-elected James Knowles III, a white Republican who has been the object of much scorn among those who believe the city has discriminated against black people. About 67 percent of the city’s 21,000 residents are black, and 29 percent are white, according to the 2010 census.
Some activists are now assessing what is happening politically for black people and whether there needs to be a complete rethinking of how they engage with mainstream politics.

“With all that’s happened within the past two years nationally, I think I am concerned,” said Allen Frimpong, an activist based in New York. “I would expect that folks would, at the very least, move to the polls, and that’s not happening. There’s something that we need to look at, because something’s not working.”
Especially with the concerns he has heard over President Trump’s policies, Mr. Frimpong said, he thought people would have been thinking, “Let me do something in my local community.”

To be sure, the Black Lives Matter movement has made significant gains nationwide in areas ranging from policing to education. But the barriers that black and other marginalized communities face in engaging and succeeding in politics run deep, organizers and political observers said. Many black communities remain skeptical that any single candidate can erase what they see as generations of unfair treatment by political leaders.

When Ella Jones, 62, a City Council member who was seeking to become Ferguson’s first black mayor, went door-to-door to speak with residents, she said, many black people told her they did not think she could help change their fortunes. Some questioned whether she had accomplished anything in her two years on the City Council, she said.

“If you’ve been oppressed so long, it’s hard for you to break out to a new idea,” said Ms. Jones. “And when you’ve been governed by fear and people telling you that the city is going to decline because an African-American person is going to be in charge, then you tend to listen to the rhetoric and don’t open your mind to new possibilities.”

Some of Ms. Jones’s voters said they did not make their choice enthusiastically. The number of votes cast on Tuesday was slightly less than those cast during the City Council election two years earlier, when the city was brimming with international attention in its first campaign after Mr. Brown’s death.
“When you look at it, when the people had an opportunity to change what they said has been an oppressed system, they decided not to get out and change the system,” Ms. Jones said a day after the election. “You cannot complain about a system that you are unwilling to do the work to change.”

Voters in nearby St. Louis, also a center of activism after the Brown shooting, also elected a white mayor, who received support from the departing white incumbent over a slew of well-known black candidates.

“To me, Missouri as a whole is ground zero” in the fight for racial justice, said Stefanie Brown James, a political strategist. “For Ferguson and St. Louis to not elect black candidates, that frustrates and angers me.”

Ms. Brown James and many other political observers said they were disappointed at the inability of the black political establishment to coalesce around a single candidate in last month’s Democratic primary. Several well-known black politicians ran and split the vote, allowing Lyda Krewson, an alderwoman who is white and who got the endorsement of the current mayor, Francis Slay, to defeat her closest competitor, Tishaura Jones, but only by about 800 votes.

“That really, to me, is the onus on the black community to say, ‘We cannot continue to have the status quo if we want to make our communities better,’” Ms. Brown James said.
Mr. Knowles, 37, who won his third mayoral term in Ferguson by nearly 15 percentage points, chafed at the suggestion that his election represented the maintenance of a status quo that allowed for the mistreatment of black people. He pointed to several changes the city has made since Mr. Brown’s death.
The city has replaced its white police chief and city manager with black men. It reached an agreement with the Justice Department to overhaul its justice system. And three black people, including Ms. Jones, have won seats on the Council. There was only one before Mr. Brown’s killing.

Mr. Knowles credited activists with helping push the city to change. And he said they should look at the work he has done to make changes, not at his race, when evaluating him as mayor.
“If the measure is, ‘There’s still a white guy there,’ No. 1, that’s, I think, pretty un-American,” he said. “But No. 2, I think they don’t give themselves credit for what they deserve, which is we’ve made progress.”

Mr. Knowles said his victory showed that voters were not fixated on race. “At the end of the day, making history is great,” he said, but people really care about things like the budget, property values, road conditions and public safety.
Some people attributed Mr. Knowles’s re-election to the same forces they believe produced a Trump presidency.

“This is the white backlash to the protests,” said Emily Davis, a community organizer in Ferguson. “There was an uprising, and white people said: ‘We’re not going to give up our power. Don’t take this from us.’”

The election results, for some, underscored the need to “take a step back and reassess and redefine what actual political power is,” said Ashley Yates, a St. Louis-born activist who is now working on causes nationwide for Black Lives Matter. “For a lot of us, it’s not about building something that will gain us greater access to the political establishment that already exists. It’s not about just putting more black faces in systems that are built to oppress us already.”

But Rita Williams, 28, a black resident who voted for Mr. Knowles, said people should not harp on race in elections.

“It’s not enough,” Ms. Williams said. “Obama was a black president. I don’t feel like he did enough. I mean, it’s not about color for me. It’s about who’s in my best interest.”
yeah i wasnt making the inference that simplistically but we're pretty much on the same page

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you play you lose. There isn't some secret path to winning. You play and you lose. You lose when you play.

Why play?

This country has a huge problem with black people reading and writing. That’s the tell.
so sit back ? don't retreat to build with ourselves? both positions have -ves but the one with the most +ve for me the one we can CONTROL completely

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
so sit back ? don't retreat to build with ourselves? both positions have -ves but the one with the most +ve for me the one we can CONTROL completely
Women gave birth to slaves in the morning and had to be back to work at noon. I don't think we are the sitting back type.

If you play their game you're not you. You're their property. There's no agency in their game.

Learn to defend yourself.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Why is she always inserting her opinion on shit? I thought she was a sport person. Maybe I don't understand twitter. Carry on...

honestly cause so MANY folks ask her too.

now she just a voice on all topics

they almost all are now

Bomani, Michael Smith, Howard Bryant etc etc.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
honestly cause so MANY folks ask her too.

now she just a voice on all topics

they almost all are now

Bomani, Michael Smith, Howard Bryant etc etc.
I didn't ask her too and I'm pretty sure no one I know asked for her opinion. But then again I'm a Black man and she doesn't particularly care for my opinion.

In regards to "slavery being a blip in America's perfect past" What muthafucking history book is he reading? Is this an example of Kentucky's educational system? If so I understand why Mitch McConnell is continuously elected even though the white people in Kentucky are poor as fuck.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I didn't ask her too and I'm pretty sure no one I know asked for her opinion. But then again I'm a Black man and she doesn't particularly care for my opinion.

In regards to "slavery being a blip in America's perfect past" What muthafucking history book is he reading? Is this an example of Kentucky's educational system? If so I understand why Mitch McConnell is continuously elected even though the white people in Kentucky are poor as fuck.

I didn't you didn't but hundreds do daily bruh take that up with her and them

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

^^^^^

well said

a DAMN EMBARRASSMENT is what it is.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Florida rejects 41% of new math textbooks, citing critical race theory among its reasons
By Tina Burnside and Zoe Sottile, CNN

Updated 12:37 PM ET, Sun April 17, 2022

Florida Department of Education Commissioner Richard Corcoran, right, speaks alongside Gov. Ron DeSantis at a news conference on March 17.
(CNN)The Florida Department of Education announced Friday that the state has rejected more than 50 math textbooks from next school year's curriculum, citing references to critical race theory among reasons for the rejections.
In a news release, the department stated that 54 out of 132 of the textbook submissions would not be added to the state's adopted list because they did not adhere to Florida's new standards or contained prohibited topics.
The release said the list of rejected books makes up approximately 41% of submissions, which is the most in Florida's history.
Reasons for rejecting textbooks included references to critical race theory, "inclusions of Common Core, and the unsolicited addition of Social Emotional Learning (SEL) in mathematics," the release states.

Critical race theory has become politicized in recent years, with opponents arguing the area of study is based on Marxism and is a threat to the American way of life. But scholars who study it say critical race theory explores the ways in which a history of inequality and racism in the United States continues to impact American society today.
Critical race theory has become a social and political lightning rod. This is how we got here
Florida banned the teaching of critical race theory in schools in June, 2021. At the time, Gov. Ron DeSantis said that allowing critical race theory in schools would teach children that "the country is rotten and that our institutions are illegitimate."
According to the ban, instruction in schools must be "factual and objective." It specifically prohibits "theories that distort historical events" -- including "the teaching of Critical Race Theory, meaning the theory that racism is not merely the product of prejudice, but that racism is embedded in American society and its legal systems in order to uphold the supremacy of white persons."
Florida also banned teaching material from the 1619 Project, the New York Times' Pulitzer Prize-winning project to reframe American history around the date of August 1619, when the first slave ship arrived on America's shores.
The highest number of books rejected were for grade levels K-5, where an "alarming" 71% were not appropriately aligned with Florida standards or included prohibited topics, the release said.
Despite rejecting 41% of materials submitted, every core mathematics course and grade is covered with at least one textbook, the release said.
In a statement, DeSantis said he is grateful for the department's thorough vetting of these textbooks to ensure they comply with the law.
"It seems that some publishers attempted to slap a coat of paint on an old house built on the foundation of Common Core and indoctrinating concepts like race essentialism, especially, bizarrely, for elementary school students," the governor said.