ESPN 30 for 30 Orlando Magic

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Anybody else watched this? It aired on Thursday. It's being replayed on ESPN 2 now. Shaq's handlers wanted him in LA from the get go.

Last edited:

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
that had nothing to do with his handlers and everything to do with the incompetence of the orlando magic executives
I only watched the first 20 minutes before leaving for work. Shaq's attorney was all about trying to get him to LA. Then he later said that the Magic showed him that they were the right spot for Shaq to transcend playing in a small market. Gonna watch the rest tomorrow.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
I only watched the first 20 minutes before leaving for work. Shaq's attorney was all about trying to get him to LA. Gonna watch the rest tomorrow.
yeah finish it

the shit will blow your mind what the magic ended up doing

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
shaq was straight cut in them LSU & orlando first years. I mean like lean muscle and pure quickness, he put on more mass and then later got fat after post laker era.
Yeah Dennis Scott was saying he ran like a deer. He probably could have been more productive during the end of his career if he slimmed down.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Penny was so fucking sweet and before his time. Funny how you see he and Shaq had as much to do with him ending up in Orlando as the execs.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Yall should check out the Grantland article Blue Chips. Covers the Orlando Magic over the 90's' I haven't finish the 30 For 30 but I'm sure it probably covers a bit more that was left out of the program.

Blue Chips:
An oral history of Shaq, Penny, and the Orlando Magic’s lost NBA dynasty.
tumblr_nmwr87PFtb1qa12f0o1_500.jpg

http://grantland.com/1990s-orlando-magic-oral-history/

Last edited:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Nick Anderson...:lol::smh:

Surprisingly, they did a poor job of showing how hype and celebratory he was when he first got fouled. They just KNEW it was over..

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Amazing when you realize how oppressed these owners have the market today. Shaq got over $20million per year offer over 20 years ago. And thats near max money today. :smh:

Yep.. the superstars are mad underpaid and the bums are overpaid.. it's all fucked up

UNSEEN

Rising Star
Registered
Shit was pretty damn good..best one I've seen in a while..also I recognized they should've won it againts Houston.. if they won game 1 they had a chance of taking it..the rockets saw that they could beat them after the 2nd half of game 1..also the Nick Anderson free throw situation was kinda sad..he didn't even want to shoot free throws anymore..damn...

Last edited:

Dragonfly Jones

Home practicing on my arts
Registered
Man Orlando was my squad as a kid. Penny, Nick, Shaq, Dennis Scott and Horace.....you couldn't tell me them boys wasn't cold. This shit right here gonna bring back childhood memories. Hopefully I can find a torrent somewhere.
Until Nick choked and missed 4 straight free throws in the finals vs Houston. He and the Magic were never the same again.

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
started watching it but had to dip out 30 minutes into it. orlando execs made a huge boo boo letting shaq dip like that..if nick woulda hit those free throws i still think houston would have won the champioship,they were a scrappy team. no doubt it destroyed the magic tho.man if penny and shaq could have stayed together......shiiiiiiit

sherminator

They hate to see us wiiiiinnnniiinnng
Registered
Didnt they say the original offer was like 84 mill shit that is good now what fucked Orlando was the mourning contract, and his agent basically telling him he could be bigger and more marketable in L.A. Because there was no way nobody knew he would get them rings in L.A. So that wasn't a selling point. And like the other person said I think Orlando still trying to recover, penny faded away, tmac couldnt do it, and neither could Dwight.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
He probably knew they weren't getting passed Mike.
it didnt matter...Mike was retiring anyway. So they wouldve owned the East for a decade. Fucking idiots lowballed Shaq with only a 4 yr offer and then the newspaper published that dumb ass poll from the locals who probably dont even watch basketball.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
shaq was straight cut in them LSU & orlando first years. I mean like lean muscle and pure quickness, he put on more mass and then later got fat after post laker era.

He was getting fat as a Laker. He started going up and down.

Shaq was one huge agile athletic muthafucka. Cut a good 4 years off his shelf life being a lazy bastard tho.

:yes:

Nick Anderson...:lol::smh:

Surprisingly, they did a poor job of showing how hype and celebratory he was when he first got fouled. They just KNEW it was over..

Has a basketball player ever choked away an entire career. That dude became DeAndre Jordan from the line after.

Amazing when you realize how oppressed these owners have the market today. Shaq got over $20million per year offer over 20 years ago. And thats near max money today. :smh:

and the TV money went up

lol!

once more, what kind of fucking name is ANFERNEE?

I was confused as hell seeing that as a kid. I wanted to correct it every time I saw it. They mean Anthony :curse: