Errol Spence Jr. vs Mikey Garcia WEIGH IN - Saturday Night Throw DOWN

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
It was expected that Garcia was going to make it close in the early rounds....he didnt...Spence beat him better than was expected skillwise, just missing the KO...no moral victory or too small talk...Spence showed he had layers to his game (just like Shawn Porter did in his last, extremely close fight)

yardy

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I thought Garcia would get koed in the 8th or 9th. Props to him for going the distance. He needs to go fight Lomachenko.
With that said, fuck a match with old ass washed up Manny. Let Manny go fight Porter or Danny Garcia.
Go get Thurman's belt then a superfight with Bud Crawford at the end of the year or early next year.
Anything else is just a waste of time at this point

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought Garcia would get koed in the 8th or 9th. Props to him for going the distance. He needs to go fight Lomachenko.
With that said, fuck a match with old ass washed up Manny. Let Manny go fight Porter or Danny Garcia.
Go get Thurman's belt then a superfight with Bud Crawford at the end of the year or early next year.

Thurman doesn't want it. He's been dodging Spence for well over a year. He recently said a fight between he and Spence wouldn't happen before 2020.

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Manny has a belt. Let Spence get that easy money and collect another strap. Bud is a bad dude, but he will be just like Mickey because he is a blown up 140lber. Spence let Mikey live. If he would have pressure his ass from the start Mikey would have left us around the 8th. Shit, he almost left us in the 9th. Nonetheless, Spence is a helluva fighter. He is the star of boxing. So, let the belts come to the man, they got to fight him sooner or later.

Capo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Spence is a machine. Its going to take someone exceptional to beat him. He hits hard, has a chin and is fundamentally sound. There are not a lot of opportunities to hit him and you are going to pay if you try.

Thurman has been ducking that wreck for years and is still not taking a Spence fight. Crawford is not ready for a big welterweight and Al Haymon/bob Arum are making the fight difficult to make. It will eventually happen and will be a better fight if Crawford is allowed some time to grow into the division.

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

A fight with Manny is equivalent to Floyd fighting that Japanese guy, it’s easy money with minimal collateral damage. The only problem is that Spence put such a clinic tonight that a fight against Manny might lose him some respect.

yardy

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Thurman doesn't want it. He's been dodging Spence for well over a year. He recently said a fight between he and Spence wouldn't happen before 2020.

He soon wont have a choice. Fighting bums wont make him marketable.

Capo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The fight was pretty good!!..Spence looks good though out the whole fight!!..Garcia did hang in there but Spence was too much!!

The fight was good to watch!!
I don't see how some people complained that it was boring. That was an entertaining boxing performance and Garcia hung in there and made Spence work. He can take a punch too and is a tough motherfucker.

nyghtcrawler

Star
BGOL Investor
The impressive thing about the fight for Spence is that he out-boxed Garcia. Great game plan by him and his coach to establish dominance with the jab early. Took Garcia's only path to victory away.

Before this performance Thurman didn't want any. Now he will probably put off this fight until 2021 or beyond.

Spence deserves to make some bread against Pacquiao.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don't know what these older fighters were looking at going into this fight.
Even Foreman picked Garcia to win.

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Spence is a machine. Its going to take someone exceptional to beat him. He hits hard, has a chin and is fundamentally sound. There are not a lot of opportunities to hit him and you are going to pay if you try.

Thurman has been ducking that wreck for years and is still not taking a Spence fight. Crawford is not ready for a big welterweight and Al Haymon/bob Arum are making the fight difficult to make. It will eventually happen and will be a better fight if Crawford is allowed some time to grow into the division.

Crawford was an extreme weight cutter. The man is NOT a small welterweight. As a 140lber he was entering the ring in the mid-high 150's. This pic was taken years ago, but it gives you an idea of how big he really is (in terms of 147lbs.)

maxresdefault.jpg

Capo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Crawford was an extreme weight cutter. The man is NOT a small welterweight. As a 140lber he was entering the ring in the mid-high 150's. This pic was taken years ago, but it gives you an idea of how big he really is (in terms of 147lbs.)

maxresdefault.jpg
I hear you, but Spence is a big ass welterweight. He is cutting a rack of weight too. He's coming to the ring at 165. I don't think Crawford is ready for that yet. Yet. I think he has the speed to give Spence problems. Just give him a few more fights at 147 before Spence.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He soon wont have a choice. Fighting bums wont make him marketable.
He actually was the hottest name in the division after he beat Garcia.
Granted he was out with an injury, but his reluctance to MENTION Spence or Crawford has hurt him.
Before he beat Garcia he was calling out everybody (except Spence).

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hear you, but Spence is a big ass welterweight. He is cutting a rack of weight too. He's coming to the ring at 165. I don't think Crawford is ready for that yet. Yet. I think he has the speed to give Spence problems. Just give him a few more fights at 147 before Spence.

Crawford fighting Top Rank/ESPN's 147lb bums isn't going to do anything more for Crawford than line his and Arum's pockets. I'm tired of guys putting off/marinating fights under the guise of them getting 'used' to the weight.

Crawford and Spence are the best in their division, and they both hold belts. No reason for them NOT to fight and unify their belts (promotional company issues aside.)