Errol Spence Jr. vs Mikey Garcia WEIGH IN - Saturday Night Throw DOWN

yardy

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
He actually was the hottest name in the division after he beat Garcia.
Granted he was out with an injury, but his reluctance to MENTION Spence or Crawford has hurt him.
Before he beat Garcia he was calling out everybody (except Spence).

He was, but now the he is back from injury with his tune up fight behind him (which he got rocked in) time to re establish the #1 spot. Spence has that right now. He can't avoid that fight forever.

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
Yep
You heard Ray Mancini pulling at straws talking bout Mikey pushing Spence back :hmm:
Meanwhile that jab pushing his head back like he nodding to a classic jam.
Early in the fight that bitch was clearly on the Mexican side...Man I wish Spence had kod that square jowled bitch

NER0

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The fight was fun in person. Blacks Vs Mexican fighters in all the fights had the crowd going crazy. Fine ass bitches everywhere. I got twisted off those over-priced ass drinks then went to a piece of shit stripclub in Ft Worth
What a night..

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The fight was fun in person. Blacks Vs Mexican fighters in all the fights had the crowd going crazy. Fine ass bitches everywhere. I got twisted off those over-priced ass drinks then went to a piece of shit stripclub in Ft Worth
What a night..
Looks like the Meskins ended up taking their frustrations out on each other. Lollllll
Did you see any of this?

NER0

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks like the Meskins ended up taking their frustrations out on each other. Lollllll
Did you see any of this?

:lol:Nah. I missed all of that. The section I was in was divided as far as who they were rooting for... but everyone was respectful with the shit talking
A lot of hood folks were there but everyone was cool..as far from what I saw

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
I thought Garcia would get koed in the 8th or 9th. Props to him for going the distance. He needs to go fight Lomachenko.
With that said, fuck a match with old ass washed up Manny. Let Manny go fight Porter or Danny Garcia.
Go get Thurman's belt then a superfight with Bud Crawford at the end of the year or early next year.
Anything else is just a waste of time at this point

Manny does not want smoke with Crawford or Spence. He will fight Mikey. He has a track record of fighting people after losses. (which puts Danny Garcia back in the picture) To be honest he can do well againt most welters except Crawford or Spence. Porter was an old sparring partner and stylistically a better match up.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't see how some people complained that it was boring. That was an entertaining boxing performance and Garcia hung in there and made Spence work. He can take a punch too and is a tough motherfucker.

I agree with you!!

Mp Ray

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Did you see any of this?

Damn I missed that shit cause we bounced after the 11th to make it to the afterparty before it got nuts. I was in that section too, I told yall Eses was pissed mane. Drunk and fucking heated.

They sold themselves on they Mexican hype/pride and that shit came crashing down round after Round :roflmao::lol:

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Damn I missed that shit cause we bounced after the 11th to make it to the afterparty before it got nuts. I was in that section too, I told yall Eses was pissed mane. Drunk and fucking heated.

They sold themselves on they Mexican hype/pride and that shit came crashing down round after Round :roflmao::lol:
Talked to a friend that was there.
He was on the floor and said he saw at least 5 fights involving Meskins.
Said the same thing you said.
They were all together before the fight, but by the time it was over they were ready to throw hands.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nobody is beating Spence without a major mistake by Spence. He would have beaten Floyd and Manny at their peaks. Manny had a better shot than Floyd because of his speed and footwork, but as easily as Marquez touched him, Spence would walk him down. If you want true reference of how Spence breaks you down, watch him versus Peterson.

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nobody is beating Spence without a major mistake by Spence. He would have beaten Floyd and Manny at their peaks. Manny had a better shot than Floyd because of his speed and footwork, but as easily as Marquez touched him, Spence would walk him down. If you want true reference of how Spence breaks you down, watch him versus Peterson.

Floyd's prime weight definitely wasn't 147. Probably 135 or 140, but again, definitely not welter.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

giphy.gif

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Only fight that matters is Crawford/Spence. Thurman thinks he's the bigger star than he is since he won a title a few years ago and thnks hes the star. Porter, Thurman or Garcia won't even say Spences name. If Spence and Crawford demand it Haymon and Bob can make the fight happen.

dinka64

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
what are you talking about

spence is handing out a beating
You trippin Spence is still learming how to box he just has heavy hands and street fighting skills. He didnt stomp garcia who isnt that good and you think he could have beaten Floyd in his prime.

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Dear Adrien,

I agree to an extent. Mikey called out Spence and got punished, thoroughly. Mikey gets props for taking a 12rd beating, but there are no moral victories in boxing.

Now on to you Broner. You showed a lot of heart against, Maidana, but real Boogeymen don't lose to the likes of Alexander (shopworn version) and Khan...Especially Khan.

Last edited: