Elijah Cummings is dead at 68

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
05fd1a146cfc45a6a2bf71866fd86efe_md.jpg

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Not one comment about fighting for the so-called black community but fighting for “the democracy of all”.

RIP

That entire service focused on his love for the black community. From the time he was a youth, to high school on there were stories of how he fought to make sure black folks were represented and helped to come up. He had a mentorship program for local youth they would take out of the country and the majority of his staff was black. His love for black people is undisputed.

Not everyone he helped was black, the one Asian Dr who spoke named her child after him, but love is not selfish, it's not something that you give to solely to your own. He has publicly supported BLM, something some folks on BGOL didn't want to do, but he shouted it out for all to hear. Y'all think because he can show love and concern for an immigrant or a gay person that it lessens the care and concern for black people. Love doesn't work like that. It's not something we have in limited supply. I can bet you haven't touched or helped even a fraction of the people he did black or otherwise. I know I haven't. I was inspired to do better.

His life was a life of service to the goodness in humanity. None of the nastiness you and the others spew here will change that. He didnt just have the powerful speaking well of him, local people and friendships going back 50 years were represented. No one is perfect but he tried to make a difference in the lives of people around him. The lives he touched won't forget and knows how he lived. Not every act of kindness was publicised. This focus on his faults by you and others around here just looks silly and petty at this point. Let it go.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That entire service focused on his love for the black community. From the time he was a youth, to high school on there were stories of how he fought to make sure black folks were represented and helped to come up. He had a mentorship program for local youth they would take out of the country and the majority of his staff was black. His love for black people is undisputed.

Not everyone he helped was black, the one Asian Dr who spoke named her child after him, but love is not selfish, it's not something that you give to solely to your own. He has publicly supported BLM, something some folks on BGOL didn't want to do, but he shouted it out for all to hear. Y'all think because he can show love and concern for an immigrant or a gay person that it lessens the care and concern for black people. Love doesn't work like that. It's not something we have in limited supply. I can bet you haven't touched or helped even a fraction of the people he did black or otherwise. I know I haven't. I was inspired to do better.

His life was a life of service to the goodness in humanity. None of the nastiness you and the others spew here will change that. He didnt just have the powerful speaking well of him, local people and friendships going back 50 years were represented. No one is perfect but he tried to make a difference in the lives of people around him. The lives he touched won't forget and knows how he lived. Not every act of kindness was publicised. This focus on his faults by you and others around here just looks silly and petty at this point. Let it go.

Sorry but this is the last chance for us in the so-called black community to leverage what little political power we have to save ourselves and get what is owed before the collapse.

Nobody is shitting on Cummings but his record was his record and for the so-called black community, when it came to economic, political, and social empowerment and progression, it was WEAK.

Again, hope he rests in peace.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cummings district:

Is this yall’s King?

And people like @Camille think so little of the so-called black community that she thinks that is a great example of Cummings’s work to show “focus on his love for the black community”.

Is it all Cummings’s fault? No, all so-called black elected officials should be held accountable and if they won’t do anything specifically for so-called black people like Maynard Jackson showed is possible in Atlanta then they need to be REPLACED.

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And people like @Camille think so little of the so-called black community that she thinks that is a great example of Cummings’s work to show “focus on his love for the black community”.

Is it all Cummings’s fault? No, all so-called black elected officials should be held accountable and if they won’t do anything specifically for so-called black people like Maynard Jackson showed is possible in Atlanta then they need to be REPLACED.

They're more conservative than they like to think, they just symbolize around blackness and Elijah was a great example of someone who lived off his hardships as a youth, notice all the liberal cacs praise his "work and where he came from". It's the same story about how the world sees us, overcomes advertisty and be grateful.

Sad these fools still cape for this BS liberal party that is scared to do anything for you.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered

I watched the Ted talk that he provided to get some more information on him. It looks like he was a typical integrationist who believed the propaganda that the United States is the greatest country on earth. Just like MLK, they use their political capital on federal elections, while ignoring activity at the state level where we could benefit the most. When they run a racist white democratic candidate for president that is a clown many of us get disillusioned and do not vote at all. Most of the coverage is at the federal level which is intentionally done.

They have this simplistic view that just voting at the federal level will solve all their problems. They lack self-awareness on the growing tensions that came about when Pres. Obama was elected. This democracy was built to cater to their interests, they would never accept a government they no longer control politically. Although we can vote, we are living under an authoritarian government. Many of them want an elevated opportunity in white society, they have no desires to build a strong black economic base.

Although they are championed as leaders in the black community by the white media, I do not see them in this way. We should be voting for white candidates that support our interests at the federal level. We should be concentrating our populations within certain states and voting for people that shares the same interests and looks like us.

Last edited:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
190206175630-fairfax-northam-herring-split-exlarge-169.jpg

They freaked out and launched a smear campaign when the possibility of him being governor increased. All that mass incarceration shit takes place at the state level, there is a much smaller population at the federal level.

Last edited:

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I am not surprised a few Coons showed up in this thread.... rest in peace Elijah Cummings

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor

She thinks we need to be down on the border like Cummings was to help the illegal immigrants.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
I never liked the older generation of MLK, Elijah Cummings views. I respected him as a person but disagreed with his ideas of seeking elevated opportunities on a white plantation/corporation. Many of them seek me out to launch attacks, join the military, or use various other ways to prove their loyalty that will turn into a lucrative opportunity with whites.

I believe the terrorism, lynchings was intentionally done to diminish the black voting base in the South that brought Boyce Watkins family to Chicago.

Percentage_of_African_American_population_living_in_the_American_South.png

cross-Ku-Klux-Klan-Tennessee-1948.jpg

After they drove us out of the South, scattered all over the place, that is when we got our voting rights. There is no way that mass incarceration could have taken place with our population concentrated in the South. Most of the white terrorism is taking place in the South such as Dallas, many of those people are packing up and leaving to be up north where they will be dealing with something much worse.

Last edited: