Dune Discussion Thread[Spoilers Allowed]

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This movie looks like garbage to me but I never got into the first one...it was too long for my attention span as a child. The cinematography looks great but I don't think I will be into the story.

I'll give it a shot though.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
It ain't for everyone but IMO it is one of the greatest pieces of sci-fi ever created.

Naaaaaw, man.

I tried to watch it as a kid and could never get into it. I even had the books but couldn't understand them at 10 years old.

Now, that movie is hot fucking garbage. I just finished it last night. Awful is too generous a word for it.

I'm not even going to break it down. It's not worth the time. I forced myself to watch the entire thing and it took me six weeks to finish it. I just kept bailing on it when it insulted my intelligence.

I'm interested to see how and why the powers that be thought a. New adaptation was necessary. So I will pull up the new one on HBO Max.

And I don't want to hear anyone say that it had to do with the times. There are science fiction movies from the 1960's that still hold up.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Naaaaaw, man.

I tried to watch it as a kid and could never get into it. I even had the books but couldn't understand them at 10 years old.

Now, that movie is hot fucking garbage. I just finished it last night. Awful is too generous a word for it.

I'm not even going to break it down. It's not worth the time. I forced myself to watch the entire thing and it took me six weeks to finish it. I just kept bailing on it when it insulted my intelligence.

I'm interested to see how and why the powers that be thought a. New adaptation was necessary. So I will pull up the new one on HBO Max.

And I don't want to hear anyone say that it had to do with the times. There are science fiction movies from the 1960's that still hold up.
Like I said it ain't for everyone.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Good movie but I think it needed to be longer because if I had not watched the old movie there would have been things I dont understand, did anyone else notice every scene with Jason Mamoa starts with him and the kid running to hug each other?