Drone stans get in here

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Gonna check FPV out soon. :yes:
This might be a silly question, but I got here through that expensive hobby thread and been looking at drones. You're in the NE ohio area. Are we restricted in flying these things? Which model you fucking with right now?

For context, I live around forests that basically stretch from up here to Akron. I'd like to explore some of that shit where able to. lol Also do some urban stuff.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
This might be a silly question, but I got here through that expensive hobby thread and been looking at drones. You're in the NE ohio area. Are we restricted in flying these things? Which model you fucking with right now?

For context, I live around forests that basically stretch from up here to Akron. I'd like to explore some of that shit where able to. lol Also do some urban stuff.

I live on the Cleveland Shaker boarder and there's no real restrictions around here. I fly my Mavic 2 Pro lately when I fly. This DJI No Fly Zone map will show you all of the restrictions for anywhere on the planet. Just punch in you city or just grab the map over to the area you will be flying in. Remember, if you get a DJI drone, the software won't even let your propellers start if you're in a NFZ. If you're far away from airports, you should be ok.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I live on the Cleveland Shaker boarder and there's no real restrictions around here. I fly my Mavic 2 Pro lately when I fly. This DJI No Fly Zone map will show you all of the restrictions for anywhere on the planet. Just punch in you city or just grab the map over to the area you will be flying in. Remember, if you get a DJI drone, the software won't even let your propellers start if you're in a NFZ. If you're far away from airports, you should be ok.

I don’t have experience with other drones outside of DJI but this app is a god send. I’ve used it all over the world and it’s come in clutch everytime, no matter the country. Even if you try and fly through a red zone or restricted area, the aircraft just hovers at the line and doesn’t allow you to breach. Amazing tech.

Be sure to keep up with the updates. :yes:

Last edited:

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Been eyeballing that Mavic 3 Cine. The camera on it is sick. I'm really close to buying it with the Fly More kit. :happymad:

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My Mavic batteries wont even charge anymore :smh: DJI :smh:

Apple need to start making drones ASAP

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Apple need to start
making drones ASAP

charlie-murphy-charlie.gif

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
My Mavic batteries wont
even charge anymore

I have 4 batteries for my M2P and they charge and discharge ok but #3 tends to swell up after flying for 20 minutes or so. It was to the point that it was raising out of the slot in the aircraft. I still use it but now I use a slim velcro strap and strap the batteries down now when I fly. That has been a problem with some M2P batts according to some owners smh.

JaRonin

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My Mavic batteries wont even charge anymore :smh: DJI :smh:

Apple need to start making drones ASAP

I have the original Mavic Air and batteries are looking like $199 a piece on Amazon :angry:
I'm gonna rock with the two batteries I got until the wheels fall off. Hopefully, there will be some new hotness by then. Fuck Apple tho.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Need a big name like Apple to push DJI to do better.

Looked on YouTube a lot of people are having the same problem with DJI batteries.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
You can call for fire with this drone

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Damn son. That's big time. Did you get the regual are cine version?

Congrats

I had to go with Cine. Cine has some cool features and affects if i was using Apple software... something like that, but I bought the Cine version mainly because of the 1TB of internal memory, the Smart Controller and also the resale value will hopefully be better. I didn't think they would bend, but I talked down an Amazon rep on prime day and she brought the price down 10 percent, from 4,999 to 4,499. It's been in my shopping cart for months. I know I shouldn't have but this will stay in the air twice as long as my Mavic 2 Pro, so... that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. :)

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
I had to go with Cine. Cine has some cool features and affects if i was using Apple software... something like that, but I bought the Cine version mainly because of the 1TB of internal memory, the Smart Controller and also the resale value will hopefully be better. I didn't think they would bend, but I talked down an Amazon rep on prime day and she brought the price down 10 percent, from 4,999 to 4,499. It's been in my shopping cart for months. I know I shouldn't have but this will stay in the air twice as long as my Mavic 2 Pro, so... that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. :)

Yeah you can shoot in Apple ProRes now.

And bro, life is short, be happy. Can't take any of this shit with you.