that company can still get hit with lawsuits eventho there were no injuries
z9T3Hg.gif

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
What exactly did he say?
I want to know also

I usually remember all of Dray posts

There was a thread about a ride malfunction and the consensus was that we don't have those type of issues in America.

He said it happens way more than we know but it doesn't get reported.

He would know better than most people on this board due to his profession.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor

"There are actually more deaths than this. Some of them never get documented (believe it or not). We had a guy get split in two on a ride who worked park maintenance in the early morning on the Excaliber ride. This was in the 90's. Dude was on the ground but his upper body was between the tracks (on the dip). Supervisor ran the cars without him knowing. Cars came down, ripped dude in half. Ride stayed closed for a year, settled with the family to keep it hush.

The end. "

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor

"There are actually more deaths than this. Some of them never get documented (believe it or not). We had a guy get split in two on a ride who worked park maintenance in the early morning on the Excaliber ride. This was in the 90's. Dude was on the ground but his upper body was between the tracks (on the dip). Supervisor ran the cars without him knowing. Cars came down, ripped dude in half. Ride stayed closed for a year, settled with the family to keep it hush.

The end. "
I drove by this ride when on vacation a few years ago.

At the time you could still see the blood stain on the slide.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The end. "
If this is in reference to the Excaliber ride at Astroworld then I absolutely remember this...

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Yall gone die

Drayonis

It's not always deaths. The high amount of injuries is mind-boggling even still. Legs torn off, fingers torn off (witnessed that myself right in front of my booth). Dislocations...you name it.

Look at this way. You can die in your car just running to the corner for milk - in the other case you're riding in non-user controlled cab (in a violent and fast pace) hundreds of feet above ground, overseen by a 16-year old thinking about his lunch break.

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered
It's not always deaths. The high amount of injuries is mind-boggling even still. Legs torn off, fingers torn off (witnessed that myself right in front of my booth). Dislocations...you name it.

Look at this way. You can die in your car just running to the corner for milk - in the other case you're riding in non-user controlled cab (in a violent and fast pace) hundreds of feet above ground, overseen by a 16-year old thinking about his lunch break.
I hate them rides they ain’t no type of fun to me. On the other hand my average speed on my motorcycle is 120 MPH…

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
I believe I told this story before on here.

As a kid the first roller coaster I rode I almost flew out of.

I wasn't heavy enough to be in the ride so as the cart was hitting banks I was literally floating in my seat.

Realized real quick to either hold on to the bar or die a painful death.

Before I graduated high school this happened.

A14-year-old boy was thrown from an amusement park ride and killed Sunday when a roller coaster car slipped backwards and slammed into the car behind it. Two other teens were critically injured.

A car on The Wildcat ride at Bell's Amusement Park was being pulled to the top when, just before reaching the crest, it slid down the coaster track and collided with another car, said Harry Baker, assistant fire chief.

Eyewitnesses said the boy who died was in the front car, and was ejected, hitting his head on one of the ride's metal bars.

The two injured boys, both 14, were taken to St. Francis Hospital. A father, two of his daughters and another girl who was a family friend were treated at another hospital.

The ride operates on a metal track and uses single cars holding four people each. It is about four stories tall at its highest point.

The park, jammed with visitors enjoying a 25-cents-a-ride promotion, remained open after the accident.

Robert Bell III, Bell's president and general manager, said the Wildcat ride has been at the park since 1974.

Bell said there had never been a fatal accident in the 47 years the park's been open.

Last edited:

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hey. Ride at your own risk. Most theme park vets do not ride.
Yup. Last trip to Six flags Georgia was in 2010. We got platinum passes, rode everything as much as we wanted and I hung my jersey up. At 38, I no longer have the desire to ride the biggest, tallest, fastest scariest roller coasters. Im good walking, eating and watching booty bounce in them hoefits.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
It’s a shame (well not really) but the last Amusement park I went to was the Dade County Youth fair in 1996 before coming to Atlanta.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
You need a bungee with no snap back
Another fail at trolling Tina...... question..... you gonna get in on Branson's space lottery.... go for that "first tranny in space" fame...floating around for 4 minutes in your bestus heels.. or will you wait n hope on Bezos to do the same cause his ship is shaped like a giant penis?
:idea:

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Funny you say this...

...the last time i rode anything larger than a kiddie coaster i was so sore i remarked that i felt like i was in a car wreck.

I quit after that.