Dr boyce watkins: Stephen a. Smith insults white women, and espn removes his testicle

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
This week, Stephen A. Smith made controversial remarks about domestic violence. The comments seemed to insinuate that women are just as guilty of “provoking” violent action as men are in committing it. Of course these remarks are problematic and fundamentally incorrect. While we can agree that people are often and regularly provoked into committing violent acts, one can never say that the provocation is as harmful as the violent response itself. This could be said about Marissa Alexander’s decision to get a gun in response to whatever angry words came out of her husband. There just is no excuse for being violent toward your mate. If the situation makes you feel violent, you should probably just walk away.

So, while there might be nuances to discuss and debate regarding whether or not Stephen’s remarks about domestic violence were completely misguided (such as whether or not a man has a right to hit back if he’s been hit first), I am not the one to try to defend anything he said. My advice to young black men on domestic violence is simple: ”Don’t ever hit woman, ever, even if she hits you first. The only exceptions are when your life is threatened or you have to use physical aggression to get yourself out of a violent situation. When the police come knocking on the door, your black ass is the one that will typically be put in handcuffs. People are conditioned to think of black men as violent animals anyway, so most juries aren’t going to believe your side of the story.”

Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, I’d like to ask for silence from those who are conditioned to believe that an article defending black men means that I am OK with violence toward women. That’s silly.

After his untimely remarks, ESPN then forced Stephen to apologize in a recorded and rehearsed segment. They didn’t even give him the courtesy or liberty of a live microphone due to their fear of him “messing things up.” Right after his contrite, boyish, unconditional apology, the show moved in another direction as quickly as possible. I found that to be interesting.

Just a month ago, Stephen disrespected millions of African Americans, and the punishment was minimal, if not non-existent. Stephen effectively argued that black men should be careful about provoking whites into treating them in a discriminatory fashion by thinking about the way we speak, behave and dress in public. I didn’t disagree with Stephen’s remarks entirely, since I constantly speak to young black men about similar issues. But I couldn’t help but notice that Stephen seemed to push the issue so far that it was almost as if white racism was being washed away by a conversation about black male irresponsibility.

In other words, he was making his white bosses feel comfortable.
In this video (below), we candidly and honestly discuss and explore why Stephen A was forced to apologize on an issue that affected white females, but when the conversation involved black men, he was allowed to continue his tyranical rants. No matter how much protest came from the black male community, ESPN executives seemed to feel that this wasn’t a matter worthy of any sort of apology, and was instead a time to let their man go even harder on the issue. I am a fan of free expression, but I can’t help but notice that the show First Take suddenly mutes its commitment to free expression when it comes to issues that upset white people. Seriously, if you’re going to talk about racism at all, you can’t just discuss the matter when you’re blaming black people for bringing oppression onto themselves.
Part of the reason for this disparate treatment is that black men are considered to be the bottom of the totem pole in the socioeconomic hierarchy in America. Black males are regularly mistreated by society, and because we do not have the political and economic power of white women, our needs are typically dismissed relative to those of white females. In fact, statistical studies show that the easiest way for a black man to go to prison is by harming a white woman. It’s also the easiest way for a black man who “doesn’t know his place” to be fired from his job at ESPN.

Another issue that comes to bear with this situation is the fact that even though shows like First Take have a predominantely black cast and large black male audience, it is mostly run by whites who ensure that their agenda is given precedence over the African Americans they serve. So, chronic black male unemployment is an inconvenience to discuss when it comes to helping to solve the problem, but it is highly convenient for a daytime sports show seeking to profit from it. It is because so many black men are at home without jobs that the show has such a massive audience.

As a result of this power imbalance, if remarks are made that are disrespectful or insulting to black people, you will typically see the network give it a pass. But if comments are made that insult white women, Jews, or whites in general, you will see either an apology, suspension or dismissal. There is no better example than when Rob Parker openly questioned Robert Griffin III’s marriage to a white woman and was fired just a few days later. I dare ask anyone reading: Can you remember any time in the last year that a network host has issued an apology for insulting black people? If so, please tell me, I need to study that too.

To some extent, Stephen A. is treated like the angry, roaming dog with the invisible leash in the background. ESPN loves his energy, his candor and his raw willingness to tell it like it is. But when it comes to making remarks that might upset feminists and white women, their policy suddenly changes. This is not to say that feminists don’t have legitimate issues that should be taken into consideration, but black men have issues and challenges too.

Final advice to ESPN: Please stick to sports analysis and funny side shows. You should probably stay away from the sloppy, ad hoc, severely misinformed social commentary. One day, black men are going to be empowered enough to challenge you on your words, and it won’t be pretty. Stephen A has the right to speak his mind, and he always will. But you should avoid the temptation of making him your negro representative.

I explain more in the video below. Please forgive the profanity. But wait…I don’t work for anyone, so I don’t have to apologize for what I’ve said.

http://www.brothersonsports.com/dr-...nd-espn-removes-his-testicles-on-national-tv/

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Very good read..... Will watch video later :yes:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Re: Dr boyce watkins: Stephen a. Smith insults white women, and espn removes his test

good read...

and if SAS had spoken THAT intelligently on Mark Cuban, Trayvon, Bountygate and domestic violence he wouldn't be in this mess

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Re: Dr boyce watkins: Stephen a. Smith insults white women, and espn removes his test

great read....

all that cooning didnt pay off at all

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

I wonder,if Stephen A finally got the message that no matter,how much ass kissing he does...white people will always considers him a n-word....

HNIC

Commander
Staff member

Dude nailed it :cool:

HNIC

Sampson

Rising Star
Registered

I wonder,if Stephen A finally got the message that no matter,how much ass kissing he does...white people will always considers him a n-word....

I'm sure he knows this, he just ain't trying to mess up his pay check.

sherminator

They hate to see us wiiiiinnnniiinnng
Registered

Nice article, I think he should not have apologized, but that's the irony of his statements about the "man" not owing you nothing and having to conform, he had a heaping helping of crow, and now he's been neutered on national tv. The funny thing is he made a point that was valid, but that was washed over because a chick is trying to extend her 15 min so espn won't can her old ass, cuz she be on sports nation and I'm like :confused: fuck she on for she's not funny and when she was on back in the g Colin carried it and she was there as fluff and to curve some of his self righteousness

Better

Support BGOL
Registered

How could you look yourself in the mirror tho?

All money ain't good money :smh:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

White people tossed morals and principles to the side, and look where it got them.

We cling to ours, and look where it go us.

Just sayin'.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Ray Rice and Goodell probably sent this fool some flowers

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor

Props to dr Watkins he hit it out the park

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor

"After his untimely remarks, ESPN then forced Stephen to apologize in a recorded and rehearsed segment. They didn’t even give him the courtesy or liberty of a live microphone due to their fear of him “messing things up.” Right after his contrite, boyish, unconditional apology, the show moved in another direction as quickly as possible. I found that to be interesting."

Dude should've just mailed his nuts in, instead of taping that apology.

SKATTA

International
International Member

White people tossed morals and principles to the side, and look where it got them.

We cling to ours, and look where it go us.

Just sayin'.

This makes no sense.

Better

Support BGOL
Registered

This makes no sense.

It does, you're just too black to see it.

I've peeped game years ago.

None of those other groups are giving a fuck about playing fair. They're trying to win at any and all cost, just like the white man.

We're still trying to 'do the right thing'.

You can play ball ethically, but when everyone else is using roids, and cheating every way imaginable...

...your ass is going to lose. Period.

You can argue back and forth about this, but the results speak for themselves.

Black people have bought into everything that holds them back, and scoff at or won't act on the shit that won't.

Don't know how in the fuck that came to be, but it is what it is.

The reality, I don't think black people realize that they're far behind, AND regressing, 'cause damn near everyone is building up for an epic grab for power as the numbers of minorities continue to grow. People got their eyes on Mexicans, but they need to keep their eyes on Asians, too. At some point, women will wake up and realize they're not the minority and haven't been for a long time.

thundercat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Excellent read:yes:

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor

All these people who say a man should never hit a woman under any circumstance
should also say a woman should never hit a man under any circumstance. If that
happens, it is all out war

Fred Sanford

Life Member: Gender is make believe. Sex is real."
BGOL Investor

It's a wrap! Stephen A Smith is officially a coon!:yes:

SKATTA

International
International Member

None of those other groups are giving a fuck about playing fair. They're trying to win at any and all cost, just like the white man.

You can play ball ethically, but when everyone else is using roids, and cheating every way imaginable...

Black people have bought into everything that holds them back, and scoff at or won't act on the shit that won't.

The reality, I don't think black people realize that they're far behind, AND regressing, 'cause damn near everyone is building up for an epic grab for power as the numbers of minorities continue to grow. People got their eyes on Mexicans, but they need to keep their eyes on Asians, too. At some point, women will wake up and realize they're not the minority and haven't been for a long time.

This diatribe you added to your previous statement really didn't help your case.actually it even makes less sense.
Black people current state has nothing to do with holding on to some monolithic principle or morals as youre alluding to.

Would it be fair to say you have failed history and social science classes.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor

Dude is a career attention whore he didn't get shit.

Man_Of_STeeL

鋼鉄の人 - より似たチタン
Platinum Member

stephen jus needs to go independent...and start his own podcast...

he should have enough money by now...

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor

It does you're just too black to see it.

Blame the black church for this mindset.

They're the #1 problem in our community on so many levels.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

look stephen A is right and why is every only

giving ONE feeble example of provoking,

provoking can entail violence... HELLLLO,

I seen a time a woman tried to scratch a mans

face off, he threw one punch.. and the whole block

jumped his ass...

yes it great they stopped something more violent from

occuring, but it doesnt change the fact that men can be provoked

with violence to react violently...

and women can be very fuckin violent mayne!!!!!

fuck what ya heard!!!

The Creator just made us stronger

He made women angrier!!

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

dude we all fuckin fooled, blackamoors, caucazoids, latinos, asians....

we all sucker pieces on the chess board, playing the stupid divide and conqer shit against ourselves..

while the real players just keep on playing.. making our every moves...

while we actually swear we have our own thoughts.... everything you wrote was programmed into you...

if it wasnt, you wouldve knocked over the chessboard

a longtime ago, and declared.. Lets attack the head of the snake

but you wont, its not programmed in you to do so...

yea I took fucking the red pill!!!!!

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

we all sucker pieces on the chess board, playing the stupid divide and conqer shit against ourselves..

while we actually swear we have our own thoughts.... everything you wrote was programmed into you...

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Boyce is good and criticizing black folks.

I'd be more interested on what he prints about white folks and their treatment of us..

Whats his position on Israel and what they are doing to people of color in their own country and in the middle east.

He has a lot to say about SAS apologizing but what did he say when SAS was getting attacked and taken out of context..

In context SAS said no man should put his hands on a woman but he said a woman shouldn't add fuel to the fire..They shouldn't push the buttons we all know they do. If you see the shit getting out of control STFU and don't escalate the shit.

But when SAS was catching it where was Boyce then ?

Quietly waiting to jump on a black man without pissing those same crakkas

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Boyce is good and criticizing black folks.

I'd be more interested on what he prints about white folks and their treatment of us..

Whats his position on Israel and what they are doing to people of color in their own country and in the middle east.

He has a lot to say about SAS apologizing but what did he say when SAS was getting attacked and taken out of context..

In context SAS said no man should put his hands on a woman but he said a woman shouldn't add fuel to the fire..They shouldn't push the buttons we all know they do. If you see the shit getting out of control STFU and don't escalate the shit.

But when SAS was catching it where was Boyce then ?

Quietly waiting to jump on a black man without pissing those same crakkas

Black people have realized you can make a living off just criticizing us and never be taken to task for it. In fact some will even idolize and praise you.

Look at how Stephen A Ruckus acts towards us, and then this, his most egregious statement ever.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Black people have realized you can make a living off just criticizing us and never be taken to task for it. In fact some will even idolize and praise you.

Look at how Stephen A Ruckus acts towards us, and then this, his most egregious statement ever.

can't believe he said this shit:smh::smh::smh:

same man who said N...a on live TV, fucking boot licker