Don't talk shit to random niggas at the gas station that got a gun over a pump

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
I don’t know the gun laws in Louisville but I feel he could actually beat this as self defense. Dude did say he was gonna take the gun and shoot him with it.

The biggest issue with that could be that he had the gun out before there was a true threat.

Not sure about Louisville, but in general pulling a gun out to gain leverage in an argument will be a legal problem.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Aw yes, the infamous 'if you shoot me, you better kill me' mentality. :smh: Grim reaper was asking that cat if he want a ride, not telling. Could have said no and went home.
Naw more like I'm so super gangster that I'll beat yo ass and take yo shit mentality. He didn't think dude was going to shoot him because he thought he was a bitch.

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
latest

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Stand your ground is when you are in your HOUSE!

Guy with the gun could have got in his car and ran away.

I didn’t want to be “That Guy”, but this is the perfect “Stand your Ground” incident. It all was unnecessary, but dude did approach him in anger saying he was going to knock him out and take his gun.

That’s self defense. :dunno:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Stand your ground is when you are in your HOUSE!

Guy with the gun could have got in his car and ran away.

A stand-your-ground law (sometimes called "line in the sand" or "no duty to retreat" law) establishes a right by which a person may defend one's self or others (right of self-defense) against threats or perceived threats, even to the point of applying lethal force, regardless of whether safely retreating from the situation might have been possible. Such a law typically states that an individual has no duty to retreat from any place where they have a lawful right to be[1] (though this varies from state to state) and that they may use any level of force if they reasonably believe the threat rises to the level of being an imminent and immediate threat of serious bodily harm and/or death.

The castle doctrine is a common law doctrine stating that persons have no duty to retreat in their home, or "castle", and may use reasonable force, including deadly force, to defend their property, person, or another. Outside of the abode, however, a person has a duty to retreat, if possible, before using deadly force. Castle doctrine and "stand-your-ground" laws are acceptable defenses for people who have been charged with criminal homicide.[2]

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Trust me. Trust me. Stand Your Ground is only going to apply in your home.

Lawyers will never win a case for a black person when they are outside of their home.

NEVER. You can post definitions all you want.

If you outside the court is going to say you should have escaped.

A stand-your-ground law (sometimes called "line in the sand" or "no duty to retreat" law) establishes a right by which a person may defend one's self or others (right of self-defense) against threats or perceived threats, even to the point of applying lethal force, regardless of whether safely retreating from the situation might have been possible. Such a law typically states that an individual has no duty to retreat from any place where they have a lawful right to be[1] (though this varies from state to state) and that they may use any level of force if they reasonably believe the threat rises to the level of being an imminent and immediate threat of serious bodily harm and/or death.

The castle doctrine is a common law doctrine stating that persons have no duty to retreat in their home, or "castle", and may use reasonable force, including deadly force, to defend their property, person, or another. Outside of the abode, however, a person has a duty to retreat, if possible, before using deadly force. Castle doctrine and "stand-your-ground" laws are acceptable defenses for people who have been charged with criminal homicide.[2]

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Lawyers will never win a case for a black person when they are outside of their home.

My statement earlier was that this case is the epitome of a textbook stand your ground case.

I said nothing about him winning the case or what happens in cases for a Black person claiming stand your ground. None of that was ever said by me.

I know what happens when we try to claim that, I simply stated that this is what “Stand your Ground” was intended for. And it is.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered

The same can be said if you shoot someone in your home.

DirtyCake

Superstar *****
Platinum Member

Was Zimmerman at home?

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wrote, for a black person, they are not going to let you get stand your ground if you are outside.
To be honest black people can't use stand your ground period. So it is a mute point.

For white people the same CANNOT be said if you are in your home. Wtf you talking about???

The same can be said if you shoot someone in your home.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
I wrote, for a black person, they are not going to let you get stand your ground if you are outside.
To be honest black people can't use stand your ground period. So it is a mute point.

For white people the same CANNOT be said if you are in your home. Wtf you talking about???
I forgot you're a dolt.

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor
He brought about his own demise. No sympathy. :dunno:
Co-signage

You are missing one important factor, the shooter and "victim" are both black. With a half decent lawyer somalio will get off easy.
Zimmerman is white.
You know what planet you live on right?
RE-read what I wrote.
It will be clear for you.
Home is mexican and just a fan of the black experience, not a participant.