Dollar for Dollar, What is Some of the Best Money You've Ever Spent on Something?

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
dollar for dollar, i would also have to say internet access.

the internet has provided me with thousands in savings on purchases, convenience (online banking is the shit! :dance:), info and so much more!

whalecottage.com-google_girl.jpg

Yep, if you have internet, you can live in a cave and still stay entertained. The internet will make your last days in a Nursing or rest home much easier.

tumblr_odaf0drwAt1qc142zo1_1280.jpg

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah,I will agree with the WD media player,and of course a BGOL membership,but....

I really caught lightning in a bottle with my home purchase back in 2000.

The market had caught fire in my Boston neighborhood,so in 5 years we sold our home there for more than 3x what we paid for it.

With that,we were able to buy our present home in an area that was not on fire,yet.Also the house was on the market because of a messy divorce...so we got it for below market value.

All in all it was a steal....
Which at the closing,the very angry wife accused us of...it was a very strange closing.

Even in this down time,houses in our area,half the size of mine are costing more.

Our running joke is,if we were trying to buy this house today,we could not afford it.
Rest in Peace, Brother.

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
I'm happy to hear that bro. Where did you go to college?

Maddd late responding to this, but went to HIU (The real HU!) for undergrad, and did two graduate degrees: one at an Ivy League school, the other at a local school in the area I'm currently located in: Undergrad and one grad school was completely paid for, only had to take out loans for one of the schools (guess which one?!?,) but the plan is to pay those back within the next 3-4 years.

Also, I'm a female :)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Maddd late responding to this, but went to HIU (The real HU!) for undergrad, and did two graduate degrees: one at an Ivy League school, the other at a local school in the area I'm currently located in: Undergrad and one grad school was completely paid for, only had to take out loans for one of the schools (guess which one?!?,) but the plan is to pay those back within the next 3-4 years.

Also, I'm a female :)

congrats sis!

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No bullshit my wife's engagement ring. But not cause I love the bitch that much, naaa. Its because Helzberg had a special going on where they gave you a free pair of Sennheiser PXC 550s when you spent however much. This was back in......... 2017 I think. Best headphones I ever had. I had heard of them before, but never considered their products. Price was always an issue for a brand without much marketing. I swear by them now. Bought the Momentum 2 wireless earbuds for my phone like a year ago.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
No bullshit my wife's engagement ring. But not cause I love the bitch that much, naaa. Its because Helzberg had a special going on where they gave you a free pair of Sennheiser PXC 550s when you spent however much. This was back in......... 2017 I think. Best headphones I ever had. I had heard of them before, but never considered their products. Price was always an issue for a brand without much marketing. I swear by them now. Bought the Momentum 2 wireless earbuds for my phone like a year ago.

Are y’all still married?