Discussion: ESPN The Last Dance 10-Part Michael Jordan Documentary Series UPDATE: Early release due to coronavirus!

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
It took me a minute to get it, then I was like, "Oh shit!" :lol:

Did you watch the series last night? If you did, you'd remember that Jordan ate a delivered pizza, which was what caused him to have food poisoning, and not "the flu" that has been reported in the past. The Digiorno company's trying to say that if he went to the store, got a Digiorno's pizza, and ate that, he wouldn't have gotten sick.

I'm sure that those fuckers who made the pizza put some shit in it to make Jordan sick. He should've let one of his crew order the pizza in their name, so they wouldn't know who they were making the pizza for.

I watched, just didn't make that connection. Thanks.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Hmmm no Juanita.
You know Mike ain't gonna have her talkin shit about him on there.

6rVeyo.jpg

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
Pippen and Jordan occasionally became frustrated with each other, Rodman says, as all teammates do. But for the most part, he recalls them as united in grabbing that sixth championship. Still, he too wonders where their relationship stands today. "What I'd like to know is, does Scottie really like Michael? Does he care about him? Did he despise him at one point in his career?" Rodman says. "I've asked him in so many words, 'What's up with you and Michael?' He doesn't really answer."

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Ive heard Joel Anderson on The Right Time with Bomani Jones and typically enjoy when he’s a guest but he comes off kind of hoeish in this write up; like a Twitter generation millennial who hands you a business card with his preferred pronouns next to his name. What’s amazing is he gets at Jordan for being an asshole; dude, you played DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL, a sport littered with assholes, bullies and egomaniacs starting with the coach!

I get that nowadays everyone wants superstars to be like Lebron, with millions of followers on Twitter that he interacts with and who does good in the community but has to let you know about it everytime they do it. I feel the documentary showed plenty of “heart“ moments of Jordan from the people who he interacted with through the charities he gave money to to the fans. Yeah the doc likely cherry picked many of the good moments, but don’t winners get to write the history books, including the books for basically every superstar who’s ever lived? Man has had a community center on the west side of Chi for 25 years, donated money, has put more black executives in position than any NBA owner ever; all Anderson got was “he was an asshole and a bully”, and writes about the Wizards years which didn’t have shit to do with the last 5 weeks of ESPN content.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ive heard Joel Anderson on The Right Time with Bomani Jones and typically enjoy when he’s a guest but he comes off kind of hoeish in this write up; like a Twitter generation millennial who hands you a business card with his preferred pronouns next to his name. What’s amazing is he gets at Jordan for being an asshole; dude, you played DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL, a sport littered with assholes, bullies and egomaniacs starting with the coach!

I get that nowadays everyone wants superstars to be like Lebron, with millions of followers on Twitter that he interacts with and who does good in the community but has to let you know about it everytime they do it. I feel the documentary showEd plenty of “heart“ moments of Jordan from the people who he interacted with through the charities he gave money to to the fans. Yeah the doc likely cherry picked many of the good moments, but don’t winners get to write the history books, including the books for basically every superstar who’s ever lived? Man has had a community center on the west side of Chi for 25 years, donated money, has put more black executives in position than any NBA owner ever; all Anderson got was “he was an asshole and a bully”, and writes about the Wizards years which didn’t have shit to do with the last 5 weeks of ESPN content.

so it begins...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@GAMBINO

I'm serious about that doc idea. All the so called next Michael jordans who never lived up

30 for 30: Not Like Mike

But if we don't get harold minor and kendall gill we might as well not do it

@GAMBINO

:idea:

yo we COULD do this....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Espn: We want to do a documentary about you.

Mike: Can’t ask me no question or show Juanita

Espn: What about your kids?

Mike: That’s fine!

Everytime i saw Juanita on screen for more than 1 second i thought of how much MJ had to pay for permission to use her likeness

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@playahaitian @Mask @GAMBINO You guys think LeBron will give film crews unlimited access his last season in L.A. before he retires and call it The King's Departure? :rolleyes:

Uy2J2G.jpg

I know you being funny

but imagine the behind the scenes film on the first heat season and finals loss, lebron first year BACK to Cleveland, the Cleveland championship, when JR lost that final game?

And as i always say in a few years?

All these fake phony hot take so called nba insiders?

Will be shedding tears of blood and saying WE were so unfair and unappreciative of lebron career

Bookmark it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Scott Burrell was given more time than his kids.

I have heard some of the most absurd defenses of this by people who honestly i thought were smarter.

If ANY OTHER ATHLETE had done this?

They would have been destroyed by the media

But thats fine

Look MJ a one to one i understand

But now that means tiger, brady, lebron and serena etc can have long form vanity docs too

i aint trying to hear no bullsh*t attempts to flip it.

Sidebar...

Ken Burns was kinda sorta right huh?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I know you being funny

but imagine the behind the scenes film on the first heat season and finals loss, lebron first year BACK to Cleveland, the Cleveland championship, when JR lost that final game?

And as i always say in a few years?

All these fake phony hot take so called nba insiders?

Will be shedding tears of blood and saying WE were so unfair and unappreciative of lebron career

Bookmark it.
Oh I wasn't being funny. I'm dead serious. You don't think his 8 part series is coming his final season? You can book it. :yes:

ci9U0R.jpg

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You know what?

If I'm Lebron?

I'm WAITING.

I ain't releasing it.

Yeah imma start filming interviews NOW

But u am NOT releasing anything fir the foreseeable future

This isn't being critical of lebron, but his film will be about 20 parts...its going to be longer than Titanic, The Ten Commandments, and the original version of Malcolm X combined...this dude has been filmed since he was in high school, he's grown up on social media so i'm sure he has videos...i think the difference here is that Lebron is so easily accessible, Jordan isn't and this actually adds to his legend, you have to rely on stories from others..

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
This isn't being critical of lebron, but his film will be about 20 parts...its going to be longer than Titanic, The Ten Commandments, and the original version of Malcolm X combined...this dude has been filmed since he was in high school, he's grown up on social media so i'm sure he has videos...i think the difference here is that Lebron is so easily accessible, Jordan isn't and this actually adds to his legend, you have to rely on stories from others..
Good points

hDlEVc.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I need to bookmark this

Great take.

It is frustrating as f*ck how we continue to let white folk create our own narrative especially in sports

They hate us.

Period.

And folk STILL don't understand that wearing a black man jersey and shoes and going to games doesn't EQUATE to love or even respect

Nothing is more evident of that more than Jordan fear yeah i said fear

Of supporting a black candidate against a damn well known damn near klansman

He had NO confidence in white folk understanding

Even after his MOTHER asked him.

Wow.

So contrast that with lebron

Lebron had to the MAN of the house aa a damn child.

MJ had a loving home 2 parents and a strong relationship

Look how and where lebron grew up

He been a damn COMMODITY to predators since grade school.

High school games on espn

went into the league as a teen

MJ was surprised as a college age kid by the locker room

Lebron BEST FRIENDS BLACK BOYS were his day one not just socially but financially

And the MEDIA was BIGGER MORE INTRUSIVE

And lets just skip to the big stuff

How MJ Jordan Rules gonna work with TMZ and social media?

Lebron went at the president

Lebron built school paid college tuition

9 finals and the powerful thing?

We saw ALL the success AND the failure

The failures these white folk just LOVE to harp on

Instead of respecting how he kept COMPETING even after every loss

Cause we ain't NOTHING like MJ or Kobe or Lebron

But we ALL identify with failure MUCH MORE THAN SUCCESS

And you would THINK we would respect failure and resilience.

Especially publicly

Like we "celebrate" MJ lost to the Pistons we can't do the same with Lebron in the Finals?

I could do a 1000 words let me chill.

Point is Lebron LIFE story is some Venus Serena American dream sh*t

RIP to mr. Jordan but MJ was blessed to have that.

Most black kids don't

And to hear THAT story?

Just

Lebron made SURE to have family he always dreamed of and be maybe a better father than player

Can we say that about Mike?

Cause this was HIS documentary he controlled it

You think Lebron aint gonna talk about how important his wife and kids are to hos success?

Last edited:

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I need to bookmark this

Great take.

It is frustrating as f*ck how we continue to let white folk create our own narrative especially in sports

They hate us.

Period.

And folk STILL don't understand that wearing a black man jersey and shoes and going to games doesn't EQUATE to love or even respect

Nothing is more evident of that more than Jordan fear yeah i said fear

Of supporting a black candidate against a damn well known damn near klansman

He had NO confidence in white folk understanding

Even after his MOTHER asked him.

Wow.

So contrast that with lebron

Lebron had to the MAN of the house aa a damn child.

MJ had a loving home 2 parents and a strong relationship

Look how and where lebron grew up

He been a damn COMMODITY to predators since grade school.

High school games on espn

went into the league as a teen

MJ was surprised as a college age kid by the locker room

Lebron BEST FRIENDS BLACK BOYS were his day one not just socially but financially

And the MEDIA was BIGGER MORE INTRUSIVE

And lets just skip to the big stuff

How MJ Jordan Rules gonna work with TMZ and social media?

Lebron went at the president

Lebron built school paid college tuition

9 finals and the powerful thing?

We saw ALL the success AND the failure

The failures these white folk just LOVE to harp on

Instead of respecting how he kept COMPETING even after every loss

Cause we ain't NOTHING like MJ or Kobe or Lebron

But we ALL identify with failure MUCH MORE THAN SUCCESS

And you would THINK we would respect failure and resilience.

Especially publicly

Like we "celebrate" MJ lost to the Pistons we can't do the same with Lebron in the Finals?

I could do a 1000 words let me chill.

Point is Lebron LIFE story is some Venus Serena American dream sh*t

RIP to mr. Jordan but MJ was blessed to have that.

Most black kids don't

And to hear THAT story?

Just

Lebron made SURE to have family he always dreamed of and be maybe a better father than player

Can we say that about Mike?

Cause this was HIS documentary he controlled it

You think Lebron aint gonna talk about how important his wife and kids are to hos success?
Yea i agree there backgrounds are totally different. If I'm Mike, im not talking about reggie theus being a important part of my life either. So in this case, it was better to let sleeping dogs stay off the camera lol.

Last edited:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Yea i agree there backgrounds are totally different. If I'm Mike, im not talking about reggie theus being a important part of my life either. So in this case, it was better to let sleeping dogs stay of the camera lol.
Yup cause at the end of the day we all know what really happened. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

8Wcoig.jpg