Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia - Ryan's B Sample tested positive for the banned PED Ostarine

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Did 3.5 lbs really make THAT much of an impact?!

It’s more so to do with the fact that he didn’t drain out his body for weight cut. So that means his body wasn’t put through tremendous stress prior to the bout, as a result he’s more fresh and retained a lot of power.

Haney made weight so he may have put his body through more stress than Ryan. Haney had to rehydrate and eat to regain the strength and energy. That takes a toll on the body.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
It’s more so to do with the fact that he didn’t drain out his body for weight cut. So that means his body wasn’t put through tremendous stress prior to the bout, as a result he’s more fresh and retained a lot of power.

Haney made weight so he may have put his body through more stress than Ryan. Haney had to rehydrate and eat to regain the strength and energy. That takes a toll on the body.

Agreed - sometimes you'll hear boxers & MMA fighters say that last pound of a weight cut is hell.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I accept all that, but Haney gets to eat and rehydrate during the 24+ hrs leading up to the fight.

What do you think his at fight weight was? 142-145

What do you think Ryan's was? (Especially since he was not restricting himself)

I remember a few dudes who used to wrestle during HS and college would wear the sweat suit and shit to drop those last few lbs / ounces....

But they only had what a couple hours max before they needed to wrestle....

The "official" weigh in was Friday morning closed door. The public weigh in is a couple hours later and just for show if an over weight contender declines to try to make weight.

KINGSAPIO

Torah All Day!
BGOL Investor
If I were a betting man, I would put something on Ryan (not a lot) with those high ass odds...odds are too one sided

I think Devin is gonna win but Ryan still has that speed and that power and Devin is not the KO counterpuncher that Tank is so that same aggressive style might cause Devin some issues especially early
Did as recommended but wished I placed a $100 bet as the turn out would have been $2100. Damn!

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I accept all that, but Haney gets to eat and rehydrate during the 24+ hrs leading up to the fight.

What do you think his at fight weight was? 142-145

What do you think Ryan's was? (Especially since he was not restricting himself)

I remember a few dudes who used to wrestle during HS and college would wear the sweat suit and shit to drop those last few lbs / ounces....

But they only had what a couple hours max before they needed to wrestle....

The "official" weigh in was Friday morning closed door. The public weigh in is a couple hours later and just for show if an over weight contender declines to try to make weight.
I used to wrestle, bro, and there's a big difference between having to cut weight and not cutting weight before a match. You might start fresh, but it starts to show in your performance fast if it's competitive. I knew exactly what Garcia's scheme the whole time was, especially when they bet on him making weight. Garcia is convinced that weight cost in vs Tank, and this time he just wanted the win, not the title because the rematch would be a blockbuster. Personally, I think missing weight should automatically cancel the fight. It's basically legal cheating.

Pimpslap Slim

The Villain
BGOL Investor

In all the fights he won,this wasn't an issue. Been doing the weight cuts since he started boxing.
I was hoping dude won but he got washed and couldn't handle garcia power. Plain and simple,no excuses.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Getting interesting...Ryan said he would fight Boots...getting real interesting

This is the fight to make... @OutlawR.O.C. you were right

If Boots is what we think he is, this will be a showcase fight for him...only "weakness" I have seen from him is every now and then he gets countered clean in the middle of his offensive onslaughts...I put "weakness" in quotes because I think he is doing that due to the level of opposition and he is able to tighten the defense up when necessary...but he has to do it first...this "weakness", if it is one, can be expoited by somebody like Ryan Garcia

Boots should destroy Ryan...hope he gets the chance...its criminal how much he is avoided

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Did as recommended but wished I placed a $100 bet as the turn out would have been $2100. Damn!

Props man...I wish I had bet 100 but I don't bet and I thought Devin would win while surviving some real scary moments...thought it might be a controversial win

A lot of people made some good money yesterday with those crazy odds....a lot of other folks took the bait with Ryan's antics

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Did 3.5 lbs really make THAT much of an impact?!

A couple of pounds can make a difference having you boxing in an entirely different weight class.

• Super featherweight - 130 pounds
  • Lightweight - 135 pounds
  • Super lightweight - 140 pounds
  • Welterweight - 147 pounds
  • Super welterweight - 154 pounds
  • Middleweight - 160 pounds

And if Ryan struggled to make weight and he was still 3.5 pounds over. It's safe to assume that he lost 3-6 pounds just to get tot that point.

So if we do the math, his weight had him in an entirely different weight class.

Not making any excuses for Devin though, just speaking about the advantages of the heavier weight.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Haney fought at 165 pounds against Regis Prograis and nobody complained.
The weight bully lost at his own game last night.
He made the contracted weight. How can anyone complain? He made the contracted weight and there was no rehydratetion clause, complain about what?

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Haney was 10 pounds heavier than Prograis when the bell rang. It wasn’t a fair fight.
But everything was within the rules. You realize that Garcia is not champion today because he didn't fight within the rules, right? Look, good win for Garcia but after watching the post fight press conference, it's clear Garcia knew he wasn't going to make 140 when he signed the contract. It cost him some money, and a championship but Haney didn't have to fight, so he has to live with that decision. I think when one person follows the rules, and one doesn't, that's unfair. Keep in mind, I'm not saying the same thing doesn't happen if Garcia made 140 but in the post fight press conference, he went in detail about the problems his body went through making the weight for the Davis fight.

KINGSAPIO

Torah All Day!
BGOL Investor
Props man...I wish I had bet 100 but I don't bet and I thought Devin would win while surviving some real scary moments...thought it might be a controversial win

A lot of people made some good money yesterday with those crazy odds....a lot of other folks took the bait with Ryan's antics

Breddaz, my gyal called 4 out ah five fights on main card ACCURATE and she know nothing about boxing. She's actually the one that encouraged me to bet $100 on Ryan and we'll eat the money, if we lose. We'll long and behold.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You could have made major investments!

Would you believe the source himself wagered this much?

Well it's smart to bet on yourself if you believe in yourself.

3413.vresize.350.350.medium.84.png

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Not sold on Ryan I'm telling u only reason he looked so good was because he didn't have to fear Devin power n didn't have to drop those last important 3.5 lbs when I boxed when I was 13 it was nothing but when I was 17 that shit was everything so I'm telling u at 25 it's really something.

Boots would whip Ryan ass trust me on that. Let him turn his back like that on Boots it would be a different story